• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WrestleMania 33 Week |OT| The Ride Never Ends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of my moments of the night.

qCRiPGh.gif
Fucking majestic. Not as majestic as that AJ Styles gif, but majestic.

C8divPAXkAErBBE.jpg

They can say what they want but, thats a heel.
This is an awesome shot. He looks so fucking evil.

Yes? Reigns is a boring ass two-move motherfucker. I actually wouldn't give a shit about his booking if he were interesting to watch but he's dull as fucking hell. It's ludicrous that they make the ace of their company someone so limited. Even someone like Cena was versatile and interesting. Reigns sucks, period.

Wyatt is overrated as fuck on here too. He's over because of his entrance, the rest is garbage.

Elimination Chamber, his match with Bryan, his triple threat with Cena/AJ, his tag team run with Orton al disagree that Wyatt is a shit worker...

Shit worker means something man...

And Reigns is 100% solid in the ring when he's not put up against a literal corpse.

God I can't wait for 2018.

"So Mr Kenny Omega.......you call yourself the Cleaner......but I think someone needs to clean out your mouth!"

*super manpunch*

I hope Kenny stays in NJPW and retire there. His one fear of working with WWE are scenarios exactly like the one you mentioned, among other things like part timers getting most of the air time and the talent they have gets buried.

Heroman

Banned
I hope Kenny stays in NJPW and retire there. His one fear of working with WWE are scenarios exactly like the one you mentioned, among other things like part timers getting most of the air time and the talent they have gets buried.
As long as Kota staya in Japan we have nothing to worry about.

That's why I said he was done dirty. He tried so hard and in the end he was just fodder in a nothing match so they could have their phony reality show scene.
And Cena and Nikki Bella are gone after WM too.
A real proposal in that environment would've been an awesome moment

The phony as shit telegraphed "hope all the pieces are in place for mainstream TV outlets" proposal was lame. Should have had Miz and Maryse get counted out with Nikki on the ropes like "get back in here what's up" and John is behind her, dropping to one knee. Get a real reaction instead of nodding while John reads his speech

Miz absolutely made the most of it

Yeah because Kenny is just on fire in NJPW right now losing in tag match after tag match with the worst members of the Bullet Club.

That's why I said he was done dirty. He tried so hard and in the end he was just fodder in a nothing match so they could have their phony reality show scene.
And Cena and Nikki Bella are gone after WM too.

And yet he's arguably a bigger star now then he was before this feud began and the match only helped him even more... He was never going to win that mach, ever, wasn't happening. He wasn't screwed over, he could have been squashed, he could have been AA'd in 45 seconds. But he stood up to Cena, he kicked the crap out of Cena...

Paracelsus

Yes? Reigns is a boring ass two-move motherfucker. I actually wouldn't give a shit about his booking if he were interesting to watch but he's dull as fucking hell. It's ludicrous that they make the ace of their company someone so limited. Even someone like Cena was versatile and interesting. Reigns sucks, period.

Wyatt is overrated as fuck on here too. He's over because of his entrance, the rest is garbage. His matches are almost always boring because for all the pomp and circumstance, he's still Husky Harris.

So is Lesnar, but at least he can leap like a cruiserweight but toss 300lb people around like kids.

If he can't even do something like this, he shouldn't be in the main event.

Of course, the Internet definition of buried is "anytime a wrestler I like loses to a wrestler I don't like."

But, as someone who was there live, it was too long, but the first half was great, the 2nd half was poorly planned out (seriously, HHH/Rollins right before Orton/Wyatt?). If you stick Jericho/Owens or the tag match in between those two, the show flows a lot better.

For me though, even Reigns/Taker was fun due to everybody getting pissed off at Roman's continued existence.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
I hope they keep AJ on smackdown, and while i want him to be champ I say let it be a small burn.

Miz is on fire rght now I say have him and Orton fued for a little.

After Miz wins the title have a fued between him and AJ for a few months with Aj eventually winning the title.

Have nakamura on smackdown slowly building his rep with the IC title, have him drop it but win the royal rumble.

AJ Styles vs Nakamura at Wrestlemania for the WWE Heavyweight Championship in a 60 min Iron man Strong Style Match

Brinbe

Elimination Chamber, his match with Bryan, his triple threat with Cena/AJ, his tag team run with Orton al disagree that Wyatt is a shit worker...

Shit worker means something man...

And Reigns is 100% solid in the ring when he's not put up against a literal corpse.

You notice who he's working with? Cena/AJ/Bryan, NO SHIT HE'LL HAVE A DECENT MATCH. THOSE GUYS CAN GO.

And that's half of my point. A good worker will adjust and work a good match with Oldertaker, not put the blame on him for a shitty outcome. Superman/punch/spear/super running spear is on him, not Taker.

And FFS, to Paracelsus. YOU CANNOT COMPARE REIGNS TO FUCKING BROCK LESNAR. BROCK IS A FUCKING AMAZING AND LEGITIMATE WRESTLER. C'MON SON, BROCK PULLED OUT FUCKING SUPERSTAR PRESSES BACK IN THE OVW DAYS https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_nIOkwInbc

Forkball

If this is really Taker's last match... why did they not build up that aspect at all? The match would've had so much more tension with that stipulation. Unless right now he is still planning to come back next year.

Paracelsus

If this is really Taker's last match... why did they not build up that aspect at all? The match would've had so much more tension with that stipulation. Unless right now he is still planning to come back next year.

What? All the video packages were literally screaming "celebration of Taker's career because he is retiring".

This has to be his last match. There is no reason for him to come back. Not sure why they didn't play up the retirement angle more.

jurgen

Finn just came in at the right time lol. Roman was still in the dog house for taking drugs and Vince wanted to send a message.

Went back and checked. Reigns has only lost clean in singles matches twice in the past two years. He lost at Money in the Bank last year against a returning Rollins and against Balor on Raw. Both of those were to give pushes to other people and right after he got hit with a wellness violation.

It's just fucking boring booking.

This has to be his last match. There is no reason for him to come back. Not sure why they didn't play up the retirement angle more.

The dirtsheets have been saying that leading up to this he wasn't expecting it to be his last mania.

You notice who he's working with? Cena/AJ/Bryan, NO SHIT HE'LL HAVE A DECENT MATCH. THOSE GUYS CAN GO.

And that's half of my point. A good worker will adjust and work a good match with Oldertaker, not put the blame on him for a shitty outcome. Superman/punch/spear/super running spear is on him, not Taker.

And FFS, to Paracelsus. YOU CANNOT COMPARE REIGNS TO FUCKING BROCK LESNAR. BROCK IS A FUCKING AMAZING AND LEGITIMATE WRESTLER. C'MON SON, BROCK PULLED OUT FUCKING SUPERSTAR PRESSES BACK IN THE OVW DAYS https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_nIOkwInbc

So, I guess it's still 2007 where John Cena is a terrible wrestler because he's being carried by Shawn Michaels and Edge. I'll see you in 2027 when people finally realize Roman is great.

1985 Ric Flair could've been dropped in from a time machine and he still would've had a shitty match with 'Taker...because 'Taker is broken down and old and can't do anything.

Went back and checked. Reigns has only lost clean twice in two years. He lost at Money in the Bank last year against a returning Rollins and against Balor on Raw. Both of those were to give pushes to other people and right after he got hit with a wellness violation.

It's just fucking boring booking.

Yes, Roman should be booked 50/50 so he'll just be another geek. This is the issue - the problem isn't that Roman should be booked more like the other people on the roster. The problem is that more people should be booked like Roman.

You need to win a lot to be a top star. I'm sorry, but this mythical world where a top level company draws money with a bunch of people who lose to each other all the time doesn't exist.

And before you say New Japan, they have big stars lose to non-big stars basically once a year - the G1. There's a reason why lolTanahashiwins existed when he was getting his megapush in the late 00's.

Its a shame Takers retirement match was against someone the majority of peoplw are emotionally invested in with a story worth investing in emotionally.

Paracelsus

Lesnar is not loved because of his amateur wrestling background, Lesnar is loved because he can counter a Tombstone into an F5 as if he was wiping his nose, he is loved because he can F5 Big Show and Kane as if they were the Basham Brothers, he is loved because he can go for 10 consecutive suplexes on a full heavyweight at almost 40 without a problem, he is loved because he's supernaturally strong that he is worthy of a mouthpiece to legitimate his greatness.

Goldberg also had the spear, but he could jackhammer Umaga, Big Show and Mark Henry. Batista could spinebuster Khali, Batista Bomb Kane and Undertaker. Cena could fucking kill anybody.

The only exceptions to the rule are chickenshit heels like HHH and Edge, the former especially, all roids and no power (except he could at least go for a tombstone piledriver, and past the age of 40).

If you can't talk, you better be strong. If you can't talk and you're not strong, you best be an amazing worker. If you can't do anything, leave.

Ithil

Lesnar is not loved because of his amateur wrestling background, Lesnar is loved because he can counter a Tombstone into an F5 as if he was wiping his nose, he is loved because he can F5 Big Show and Kane as if they were the Basham Brothers, he is loved because he can go for 10 consecutive suplexes on a full heavyweight at almost 40 without a problem, he is loved because he's supernaturally strong that he is worthy of a mouthpiece to legitimate his greatness.

Goldberg also had the spear, but he could jackhammer Umaga, Big Show and Mark Henry. Batista could spinebuster Khali, Batista Bomb Kane and Undertaker. Cena could fucking kill anybody.

The only exceptions to the rule are chickenshit heels like HHH and Edge, the former especially, all roids and no power (except he could at least go for a tombstone piledriver, and past the age of 40).

If you can't talk, you better be strong. If you can't talk and you're not strong, you best be an amazing worker. If you can't do anything, leave.

Eh, Batista was kind of the same sort of fake strength where he looks big but isn't nearly as strong as he appears. I remember him struggling to powerbomb Kane and things like that. The rare breeds like, well, Kane, or Cena or Brock or Cesaro are few and far between. Unfortunately Vince I guess thinks all his top guys have to be like Cena even when they clearly aren't.

Rimfya

Banned
Further we get from it the more disappointing they didn't ever consider AJ v Taker. He can wring a good match out of a corpse, plays heel but needs real heat, could've threatened and revelled in retiring Taker and actually played up enjoying it instead of sulking off. Bah.

jurgen

Yes, Roman should be booked 50/50 so he'll just be another geek. This is the issue - the problem isn't that Roman should be booked more like the other people on the roster. The problem is that more people should be booked like Roman.

You need to win a lot to be a top star. I'm sorry, but this mythical world where a top level company draws money with a bunch of people who lose to each other all the time doesn't exist.

And before you say New Japan, they have big stars lose to non-big stars basically once a year - the G1. There's a reason why lolTanahashiwins existed when he was getting his megapush in the late 00's.

No, I'm comparing him to other mega-stars in WWE history.

Fuck, nearly half of Roman Reigns losses are due to disqualification. He never eats a clean pin and that's just boring to the crowd. We know the ending already to all of his matches. It's either LOLROMANWINS or Roman got screwed.

If you look at guys like Cena, Austin, or The Rock - the guys whose legacy Reigns is being built to inherit - they ate pins all the damn time and took their losses. Roman always has an asterisk to his weaknesses and that takes the excitement out of wrestling.

Hell, Roman Reigns has a higher win percentage than Steve Austin, The Rock, and "Reign of Terror" Triple H.

You can like and dislike parts of something and still think it was ok. Something being ok doesn't mean it sucked, it means there's room for improvement but in general you liked it.

- I think the "Cheer Up Charlie" song from Willy Wonka kills the pacing of the movie. It's still the best movie I've ever seen.
- Kingdom Hearts 2 has one of the worst goddamned starts to a game that I've ever played, and it gets way too grindy near the end. I still have fun with it though.

And for a wrestling example, I loved Wrestlemania up until the Seth/HHH match, then thought it picked up again until Reigns/Taker. I still enjoyed the show as a whole, and don't think it sucked. The line of reasoning you're parroting is asinine.
I ended up always fast forwarding through "Cheer Up Charlie". Kind of like what I do through most WWE shows.

Also, even though it's never going to happen I still have to mention it. There will never be a more perfect time to turn Roman heel as there was in that match. I even saw some flashes of a heel Roman for a few moments in the middle of the match and it was great. They should have redid the WM17 ending with Roman being aggressive with the chair shots and utterly destroying The Undertaker. Oh well, maybe next year when Roman beating Brock for the title sends the fans home angry for the third year in a row Vince will finally get a clue. You have to try real hard to screw up with a roster this good.

Would you really trust Roman, who has a long history of being shit at even lifting/carrying guys who are smaller than him never mind heavier, picking a 52 year old, broken down Undertaker up for a tombstone?

Lol, you can't seriously be defending Reign's booking.

Fuck, nearly half of Roman Reigns losses are due to disqualification. He never eats a clean pin and that's just boring to the crowd. We know the ending already to all of his matches. It's either LOLROMANWINS or Roman got screwed.

If you look at guys like Cena, Austin, or The Rock - the guys whose legacy Reigns is being built to inherit - they ate pins all the damn time and took their losses. Roman always has an asterisk to his weaknesses and that takes the excitement out of wrestling.

Hell, Roman Reigns has a higher win percentage than Steve Austin, The Rock, and "Reign of Terror" Triple H.

wat.

Cena was the damn originator of the LOL WINZ meme, dude was on top forever and never lost clean, it's only been very recently that Cena has started to lose.

jurgen

wat.

Cena was the damn originator of the LOL WINZ meme, dude was on top forever and never lost clean, it's only been very recently that Cena has started to lose.

I understand that. But when Cena lost, he would actually lose clean sometimes. Even though he'd probably bounce back and squash in the rematch, a clean loss is at least an option at times.

Hell, Roman would be more tolerable from a booking standpoint if they added a third option to the existing Win/Lose-But-It's-Not-Your-Fault scenario.

I want to root for the guy. He's easily one of the best all around athletes they have on the roster. The problem is that he's just been obviously focus group-tested and designed by committee that it feels uninspired once it gets to the time the bell rings.

These threads always turn to crap as soon as the event ends and the Roman defence force/gimmick posters arrive

Sorry to derail it. It's difficult to ignore when he's in the main event again and again.

But who else is more excited for Raw tomorrow night than they were Mania tonight?

Steve Austin's win percentage goes all the back to his WCW days where he jobbed all the time... And you have to factor in 2001 when he was a chickenshit heel

You know how many matches Austin list in 1998? 7
1999? 10
2000? 4
2002? 10

Reigns lost 28, 19, 12 and 10 in 2014, 15,16 and so in 17 alone...

By 2017 already Reigns lost as many matches as Austin during highest number of losses

You can't compare him to HHH because HHH spends most of his life as a heel

And Rock also spent a good chunk of his WWF career as a heel

Cena's years go from as low as 6 to as high as 25

And Cena's overall loss % is 10% lower than Reigns over a much longer career

Reigns is booked poorly but it's not a win/loss problem.

Can we all just agree that Security Lady™ that doesn't allow anything to happen on her watch - even planned things, is a true superstar.

Dusty interference finish from the crowd? I DON'T THINK SO! *pounce*

Give her the Warrior award next year.

gforguava

These threads always turn to crap as soon as the event ends and the Roman defence force/gimmick posters arrive
Yeah, I was just coming in to give my thoughts but why even bother. And if I never see someone bring merchandise sales as a topic of discussion I'll be as happy as can be.

Well, Charlotte was great(as always), so that was something.

chargoddess.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom