• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WrestleMania 33 Week |OT| The Ride Never Ends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cordy

Banned
I suppose it's possible but honestly, he lost bad here, even if it's against someone as big as Orton. The family is broken up, and his cult gimmick hasn't won him a match that matters in well, forever.

But WWE have kept him going for this long so why stop now? Maybe they'll do the same thing as always and bring the family together like nothing happened.
Orton made that shit look easy too but they tried to hype it up like it was hard for him. Nah, this is Orton. I'm guessing we'll get a Styles/Orton feud for a while once this thing is over and after that? Maybe we'll actually get a proper Wyatt/Harper feud with no bullshit getting in-between them.

Exactly.

And I guarantee you tomorrow on Raw Reigns will come out there, say part of his speech but then get interrupted by someone and they'll lay dude out quickly saying that they're his next opponent. This company always does it. Whenever Reigns does somethign the fans hate the company quickly introduces something to take over. It's like when fans were pissed about Reigns beating Styles, Rollins immediately showed up so it's like fans forgot about it. Somebody's gonna pop up tomorrow so we'll "forget" what happened. Probably Strowman or Nakamura.

Oh you can bet your ass Strowman is coming out tomorrow to be buried at Payback.

Ithil

lol Bray Wyatt.

It's just... Mind blowing that a publicly traded company just so willingly leaves money on the table because it might come from someone they don't want to validate or elevate. Honestly maybe it's one of those Vince things and in that case it's yet something else to look forward to when he retires. If the McMahon family didn't have like all of the voting power in the company he'd be forced out if shareholders knew better but thankfully its a business that Wall Street doesn't understand or pay attention to unless WWE starts actually losing money which at this point seems unlikely.

Alright serenewarfare I got another thing to look forward to when Vince is gone.
WWE is a company run by a family of lunatics pretending to be regular business owners working with shareholders and executives.

Toki767

Exactly.

And I guarantee you tomorrow on Raw Reigns will come out there, say part of his speech but then get interrupted by someone and they'll lay dude out quickly saying that they're his next opponent. This company always does it. Whenever Reigns does somethign the fans hate the company quickly introduces something to take over. It's like when fans were pissed about Reigns beating Styles, Rollins immediately showed up so it's like fans forgot about it. Somebody's gonna pop up tomorrow so we'll "forget" what happened. Probably Strowman or Nakamura.

Will probably be Balor since he was the last one to beat Reigns clean.

Or Samoa Joe.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Well where does the WWE go from here. Most of the hardcore fans hate the main event scene. Roman being in the top spot is obviously going to get massive of amounts of hate.

But if the WWE pushes all of the indie darlings, won't that alienate casual fans?

They could have set up divisions in such ways you could understand why which wrestler is chasing such wrestler

Problem is until Vince let's go of his reigns (lolpun), not much is going to change

You should go back and see how most of the thread was hooting and hollering at spots and enjoying the festivities
It's at the mid point when the slow molasses wrestling came into play

The foreplay was hella fucking good, the sex was missionary for the rest of the night until a reverse cowgirl maneuver was tried, failed miserably, muscles/joint pulled, climax was meh, everyone just shut it down
Never to speak of said night again

Casual fans will tune in if there's something worth tuning in for
If those nXt matches were on Wrestlemania, I fucking guarantee a lot of the talk through out the internet sphere would be about did you watch WWE
It has so much potential to be a juggernaut product, it doesn't have to cause what competition
Until bottom line gets felt by Vince ain't nothing changing till he fucking croaks and HHH and Steph take over

But Wyatt's done now right? Cus at this point I feel Randy has buried the family beyond anything salvageable. I'm not saying that in the worst way, but I think the whole thing's run its course.

I'm sure he'll interrupt someone on Tuesday to start up a new feud that he'll eventually lose since for whatever reason Vince seems to think that losses have no effect on Bray's credibility.

Syder

One of my moments of the night.

qCRiPGh.gif

Im with you. Programs, especially programs that are 7 hours long, can have really good parts and really bad parts. It doesn't have to be all or nothing.

Generally I agree with you, but a show that ends THAT badly tends to overshadow things, especially matches that happened literally four-five hours prior

Look, to me wrestling is always best when there's variety. People that both muscle marks and the IWC would like. Your tall muscle dudes to your smaller technical guys; variety is the spice of life.

It sucks when you only have one type of wrestler at the top.

Cherry picking merch sales isn't new. Hell, Heyman said when SD was beating RAW back in the day they squashed the entire brand due to certain people not like the B show was doing better. But in this day and age merch sales is meaningless unlike the 90's where it was the bread and butter for most of the wrestlers.

If I watch a movie and go "oh hey the introduction was cool then there was this cool scene and then the rest was blah" then the movie sucked. That's more or less what he added, and you can't really dispute it. If you look for the silver lining of things, you're subtly admitting you're digging in a pile of shit.

You can like and dislike parts of something and still think it was ok. Something being ok doesn't mean it sucked, it means there's room for improvement but in general you liked it.

- I think the "Cheer Up Charlie" song from Willy Wonka kills the pacing of the movie. It's still the best movie I've ever seen.
- Kingdom Hearts 2 has one of the worst goddamned starts to a game that I've ever played, and it gets way too grindy near the end. I still have fun with it though.

And for a wrestling example, I loved Wrestlemania up until the Seth/HHH match, then thought it picked up again until Reigns/Taker. I still enjoyed the show as a whole, and don't think it sucked. The line of reasoning you're parroting is asinine.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Completely There was 3 misteps:

1) Battle Royal
2) Orton/Wyatt
3) Reigns/Taker

Everything else was either awesome, great, good for what it was, alright.

Youre defending the smackdown women clusterfuck? Like really dude?

Syder

If I watch a movie and go "oh hey the introduction was cool then there was this cool scene and then the rest was blah" then the movie sucked. That's more or less what he added, and you can't really dispute it. If you look for the silver lining of things, you're subtly admitting you're digging in a pile of shit.
Metal Gear Solid V

Ithil

So in the end that big shuffle in the card was just a series of mistakes. Bray/Orton should have been a midcard match without the title, Reigns should have been several miles away from any Taker match and Cena should have had the Taker match instead of the nothing Miz match to facilitate a reality show scene.

Brock/Goldberg didn't need the title either.

Another WrestleMania, another year of Vince trying to make Roman Reigns happen but completely screwing it up in the process. A legend like The Undertaker, as broken as he is, having to go out to a fucking superman punch and a spear is bullshit. The "I'm sorry, I Love You" moment doesn't work when the crowd despises one of the people involved. There were some bad botches as well. I won't completely blame Roman for the tombstone reversal screw up since Taker carries alot of dead weight and we already knew that Roman isn't the strongest guy on the roster. The botch at the end of the match when Roman went for the super spear was godawful though. Not to mention how anticlimactic it was, after two big kickouts, to have The Undertaker finally go down to the same move he had already taken numerous times. Roman should have at least delivered the Tombstone as a final nail in the coffin, but that probably would have been fucked as well since the chances of a forced babyface Roman retiring The Undertaker having any sort of emotional payoff is slim to none. There was a small window after the second kickout for a great moment but it was squandered by shit booking.

Also, even though it's never going to happen I still have to mention it. There will never be a more perfect time to turn Roman heel as there was in that match. I even saw some flashes of a heel Roman for a few moments in the middle of the match and it was great. They should have redid the WM17 ending with Roman being aggressive with the chair shots and utterly destroying The Undertaker. Oh well, maybe next year when Roman beating Brock for the title sends the fans home angry for the third year in a row Vince will finally get a clue. You have to try real hard to screw up with a roster this good.

jurgen

I'm sure he'll interrupt someone on Tuesday to start up a new feud that he'll eventually lose since for whatever reason Vince seems to think that losses have no effect on Bray's credibility.

Probably feud with Ambrose for the IC title.

AJ's lined up with Orton next, I would guess.

WM attendance of 75,245.

In a 65,000 seat arena.

With one of the largest sets WWE has ever put up.

Scott Steiner was counting tickets, wasn't he?

They probably inflated numbers, like always, but it's 65,000 seats for football. For concerts or events with floor/ground-level seats, it's higher.

Pikma

Banned
So in the end that big shuffle in the card was just a series of mistakes. Bray/Orton should have been a midcard match without the title, Reigns should have been several miles away from any Taker match and Cena should have had the Taker match instead of the nothing Miz match to facilitate a reality show scene.

Funny how the most worthless titles today were both the World and the Universal title

You're in Vince's world still. As long as he's still here calling every shot, the booking will remain the same. Brock vs Reigns rematch for the title and you're gonna love it, Maggie!

Given the spots booked in that main event and the whole structure of the match, makes you wonder if that bitter old cunt Bret Hart was right about the road agent system WWE has being complete and utter garbage.

Again, we dont hate Roman. Well most of ism its the booking.

Look at fucking DIY v Revival v AoP. People were saying even fucking AoP were good in that match, because the booking was so good, it made sense.

And AoP is, for all intents and purposes, not a good tag team

This is just flat out wrong, they're really good.

That's some dumbass logic. Getting real tired of the "it's either amazing or shit" attitude.

I read a tweet about how people discuss movies these days that can be applied to this Mania, and it was somewhere along the lines of people needing to acknowledge the gray area between something being near perfect and utter shit. This Mania is right there in that spot.

Lesnar: "I broke the streak"
Reigns: "I retired him!"

SummerSlam match up booked!

I expect Raw to be borderline unwatchable due to this. Brock as the champion with Reigns moving into the title picture is like a nightmare scenario.

The tag team division should be interesting with the Hardys but outside of that there's not much to look forward to as I expect them to pretty much waste Owens as US champ.

cordy

Banned
EDIT: Thinking about it I can agree with you guys saying it's just a face shift that's needed. Hell a single promo with 'I had a Vision, my sister wants me to stand up for the week' and maybe there's something there. Dude has a long way to go into being credible again but who isn't on the roster?
Wyatt would be money if he went face. I wouldn't even mind a Wyatt/Ambrose "2 guys who don't like each other" tag team where they end up having a double turn helping both guys out in the long run.

You can't compare the structure of a movie to that of a wrestling show with different matches telling different stories.

Ugghhh why can't AJ just fucking stay on SD and have Nak come to SD as well? RAW honestly does not need AJ.

The main event picture on each brand needs a shakeup. I'd also would love AJ to be on RAW so he can feud with Finn.

I'd probably send a guy like Sami Zayn to SD to get some time there. He can be in their main event picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom