• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WrestleMania 33 Week |OT| The Ride Never Ends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasney

Joey Janelas Spring Break is the event of the weekend. Good god it was awesome.

I1GXKUa.jpg

Guzim

Shit. I actually forgot about the HoF tonight.

Which speech do you guys think is going to hit a touching note and immediately interrupted by "one more match/you still got it/yes yes" chants?
It was on last night. And DDP, Beth, and Angle got one more match chants. The crowd chanted yes during DDP's speech, and DDP mentioned Bryan.

Ithil

Yes, it is, because now that you're "supposed" to boo him, all the smarks will cheer

This is a gross oversimplification of it.

The reality is faces in WWE are stunted as hell, they're lame and manufactured, and often unlikable. Heels on the other hand get way more freedom in their promos and characters, often they get to pour a lot of themselves into it.

Therefore they wind up way more entertaining and thus, cheered. There is no magic switch where you go heel and you're cheered, you just get more of a chance to get over as a heel because of WWE's terrible idea of babyfaces.

Reigns sucks as a face, and he may suck as a heel too, or maybe he'll be good. They certainly should find out because what they're doing now doesn't work and hasn't worked for the three years they've shoved him down everyone's throats. Maybe he'll be a 100% unlikable heel that never gets cheered but at least the boos will be the correct reaction this time. Anything would be an improvement.

"Lame face --> Fun popular heel ---> Back to face except now over" has happened for dozens of wrestlers in WWE over the years.

NXT predictions.

Bobby Roode vs Shinsuke Nakamura for the NXT Championship.

I hate NXT feuds that stretch from PPV to PPV. Especially when for the main title. There are only a handful of PPV's a year so we only see about two or three different fights for this belt a year. Bobby wins the match, probably from working the leg again or some other stuff. This will probably be Nakamura's last night because the Vibe needs to have one more match here before being called up for a debut on Raw.

Asuka vs Ember Moon for the NXT Women's Championship.

I kind of want Asuka to stay as champ a bit more since she's only like a week or two from breaking the made up number for Goldberg's undefeated streak (she's already beaten the actual number). But it's been obvious for months that Ember Moon would finally take the belt from her at this PPV. I think it might happen from a story of Asuka being too confident in herself since she's at a level where she's borderline squashing most people.

DIY vs Authors of Pain vs the Revival for the NXT Tag-Team Championship.

This will likely be the match of the weekend in WWE. I hope Authors of Pain retain and the Revival finally get called up to go and give some life to Smackdown's tag team division. But take them away and there's really only DIY and Authors of Pain for NXT so it is hard to tell.

Aleister Black vs Andrade 'Cien' Almas.

Yet another loss to be lined up for Cien, given this is the debut of his opponent. I feel bad for the guy because he's quite talented but they do not know what to do with him at all. It's a shame.

Tye Dillinger, Roderick Strong, No Way Jose and Ruby Riot vs SAnitY.

Dillinger will finally get his win. Roderick Strong has the most CAW look ever. I would prefer SAnitY to win but I guess after how many straight PPV losses in a row, Dillinger can get a win and maybe potentially get called up.

MG310

I want Asuka to win only because I want to see her catch the Eclipse and turn it into the Asuka Lock for a finish.

Hasney

Just read that Roman left the HoF because he was a distraction. Can't blame the guy, the camera cuts not related to him were dumb. Honestly think he's smarter than WWE themselves sometimes.

Pikma

Banned
Just read that Roman left the HoF because he was a distraction. Can't blame the guy, the camera cuts not related to him were dumb. Honestly think he's smarter than WWE themselves sometimes.
If he was smarter he'd talk with Vince about his booking

Overall though, the Roman Reigns character and everything that surrounds it is nothing less than a clusterfuck, and that's Vince & Co's fault

Hasney

Overall though, the Roman Reigns character and everything that surrounds it is nothing less than a clusterfuck, and that's Vince & Co's fault

Eh, if after watching Cena and you're told you'll be the guy on top no matter what and get the pay that comes with that, I'd take the heat too.

Cptkrush

I actually think they know exactly what they are doing with Cien. Dude puts on great matches that always make the debuting opponent look great. Tommy End and Cien will tear the house down tonight.

Pikma

Banned
I actually think they know exactly what they are doing with Cien. Dude puts on great matches that always make the debuting opponent look great. Tommy End and Cien will tear the house down tonight.
Probably waiting for some other ingobernable to sign so they can get their stable going

Nigel just started calling him ingobernable too

The facebook post I just saw about Roman being pulled from WM isn't true is it?

Is it sad that I came here to find out first before searching for its legitimacy?

Fuck, I forgot today's date....

abundant

I'm sure other people have pointed this out, but Cien's basically the new Tyler Breeze.

Pikma

Banned
Samoa Joe's signing session at axxes had to end early because of lack of interest

They had him there as an overflow for Reigns and Nikki Bella...

Also:

C8VqqA4XkAISdiP.jpg

Mahonay

Banned
Samoa Joe's signing session at axxes had to end early because of lack of interest

They had him there as an overflow for Reigns and Nikki Bella...
:(

I'd go get Joe's signature and just chat for a bit if no one was there. Dude is so nice.

Pikma

Banned
Again, they used him as overflow for the crazy long lines Roman and Nikki had. Also marks barely know him considering he just got called up.

Hasney

Thats probably an April fools joke about Joe....please tell me that is :(

Nah, like the above said, people were queuing specifically for Roman or Nikki, so that crowd was queued up and he was just overflow. It's not really a knock on him, I just couldn't resist knocking that dumb pic up.

The type of people that wanted Nikki or Roman aren't going to want a newbie like Joe.

abundant

Speaking of Takeover, this will be the first one I watch without following any of the buildup. Life has been too busy with work, video games, and other TV shows, so I had to drop NXT.

Tagyhag

Nah, talking to Vince about it would be the stupid thing to do.

If Vince tells you you're the guy, you say "Yes sir, thank you sir".

Speaking of Takeover, this will be the first one I watch without following any of the buildup. Life has been too busy with work, video games, and other TV shows, so I had to drop NXT.

To be fair, the builds to the last two Takeovers had been poor. By the end of them, they were bloody amazing. As I said in the OT for before Takeover San Antonio.

To be honest, the first Takeover I wasn't interested in watching - at least live - was Toronto.

Turns out it was the best Takeover that wasn't Dallas of last year. Point is don't be sleeping on a Takeover, even if the build hasn't been as good as it should be.

And after.

Boy, I called this one right. That was a better Takeover than any of us expected.

So don't sleep on this, even if the build's been meh. Takeover usually comes up with the goods, even if TV has been meh recently.

Hopefully after Mania with the TV tapings on Wednesday and the rumoured signings of
Adam Cole [baybay], Io Shirai and Kairi Hojo
plus other bits we may not know of yet, it'll pick up again. Its just since Balor, Bayley and Zayn left, NXT had gotten slightly in the dumps. Still good stuff, but nowhere near the golden days of 2015.

Either way, though, Takeover should be nothing short of incredible. The triple-threat tag match and Asuka-Ember will surely make sure of that.

Guzim

Nah, talking to Vince about it would be the stupid thing to do.

If Vince tells you you're the guy, you say "Yes sir, thank you sir".

Vince "We're going to make you the new face of the company. You're going to win the Royal Rumble, become the champ, and main event multiple Wrestlemanias!"
Roman "Nah, I'm good."

abundant

To be fair, the builds to the last two Takeovers had been poor. By the end of them, they were bloody amazing. As I said in the OT for before Takeover San Antonio.

And after.

So don't sleep on this, even if the build's been meh. Takeover usually comes up with the goods, even if TV has been meh recently.

Hopefully after Mania with the TV tapings on Wednesday and the rumoured signings of
Adam Cole [baybay], Io Shirai and Kairi Hojo
plus other bits we may not know of yet, it'll pick up again. Its just since Balor, Bayley and Zayn left, NXT had gotten slightly in the dumps. Still good stuff, but nowhere near the golden days of 2015.

Either way, though, Takeover should be nothing short of incredible. The triple-threat tag match and Asuka-Ember will surely make sure of that.

Oh believe me, I know. Even though I dropped the weekly show, I will never drop Takeovers because, IMO, there hasn't been a bad one yet. I just wish they would shake things up on their weekly shows, because everything outside the main event is usually worth skipping and sometimes the main event is worth skipping as well.

orioto

Good Art™
Is KO banned from HOF or something ? Everyone is basically there except for him, and it was the same last year lol.

The ceremony was nice, i always love to see that, especially old wrestlers telling their stories.

Cena's induction was bad though. It's nice when the inductors are actually close to the inductees and have an history with them..

dream

strobogo, who understands pro wrestling better than anyone in wrestlinggaf, and I were talking about the problem of Roman vs Undertaker--namely the problem that you can't really do a memorable match to close the show because Undertaker is so broken down that even Roman probably can't carry him to anything higher than **1/2.

What we ended up deciding is that if you can't do a ***** classic, then the show closer has to be memorable in another way. So you have to have the grandest entrance possible for Undertaker. Then when the lights go up, the two combatants have to stare down for no less than 90 seconds. Undertaker then must grab Roman by the throat and tease a chokeslam that Roman escapes, then bounces off the road and hits a big spear. He cocks his fist, waits for Undertaker to rise, then Supermans that ho for a clean win in 15 seconds. Undertaker then gets to his feet, tells Roman, "this is your yard now, son," and the show ends with Undertaker kneeling to Roman.

strobogo, who understands pro wrestling better than anyone in wrestlinggaf, and I were talking about the problem of Roman vs Undertaker--namely the problem that you can't really do a memorable match to close the show because Undertaker is so broken down that even Roman probably can't carry him to anything higher than **1/2.

What we ended up deciding is that if you can't do a ***** classic, then the show closer has to be memorable in another way. So you have to have the grandest entrance possible for Undertaker. Then when the lights go up, the two combatants have to stare down for no less than 90 seconds. Undertaker then must grab Roman by the throat and tease a chokeslam that Roman escapes, then bounces off the road and hits a big spear. He cocks his fist, waits for Undertaker to rise, then Supermans that ho for a clean win in 15 seconds. Undertaker then gets to his feet, tells Roman, "this is your yard now, son," and the show ends with Undertaker kneeling to Roman.

This will surely get Roman over with the smarks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom