• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WrestleMania 33 Week |OT| The Ride Never Ends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
WWE replacing all NXT belts tonight with new ones....

Ater their track record in recent years I think it is time to panic

I liked the originals :(

strobogo, who understands pro wrestling better than anyone in wrestlinggaf, and I were talking about the problem of Roman vs Undertaker--namely the problem that you can't really do a memorable match to close the show because Undertaker is so broken down that even Roman probably can't carry him to anything higher than **1/2.

What we ended up deciding is that if you can't do a ***** classic, then the show closer has to be memorable in another way. So you have to have the grandest entrance possible for Undertaker. Then when the lights go up, the two combatants have to stare down for no less than 90 seconds. Undertaker then must grab Roman by the throat and tease a chokeslam that Roman escapes, then bounces off the road and hits a big spear. He cocks his fist, waits for Undertaker to rise, then Supermans that ho for a clean win in 15 seconds. Undertaker then gets to his feet, tells Roman, "this is your yard now, son," and the show ends with Undertaker kneeling to Roman.

Bolded is a fantastic April Fool's joke fyi...
10/10 and 6*s

Why would he hit the set up to his finisher after his finisher?

rrc1594

strobogo, who understands pro wrestling better than anyone in wrestlinggaf, and I were talking about the problem of Roman vs Undertaker--namely the problem that you can't really do a memorable match to close the show because Undertaker is so broken down that even Roman probably can't carry him to anything higher than **1/2.

What we ended up deciding is that if you can't do a ***** classic, then the show closer has to be memorable in another way. So you have to have the grandest entrance possible for Undertaker. Then when the lights go up, the two combatants have to stare down for no less than 90 seconds. Undertaker then must grab Roman by the throat and tease a chokeslam that Roman escapes, then bounces off the road and hits a big spear. He cocks his fist, waits for Undertaker to rise, then Supermans that ho for a clean win in 15 seconds. Undertaker then gets to his feet, tells Roman, "this is your yard now, son," and the show ends with Undertaker kneeling to Roman.

stallone-tommygun.gif~c200

Cagey

Banned

1189888582ff2ecd1cbf082d4c356a91.gif

Mahonay

Banned
WWE replacing all NXT belts tonight with new ones....

Ater their track record in recent years I think it is time to panic

I liked the originals :(
I can understand why they might want to replace the Women's belt at least...

That current NXT Women's belt reminds me way too much of the old Divas belt anyway. Never liked it.

Sanjuro

Undertaker should come out to Roman's music in the dark. When the lights rise, everyone will feel soo terrible they booed the wrong man.

creatchee

Just got back from Axxess. I honestly don't want to go again tomorrow, but I need to meet Edge. The walk from parking is terrible and there are too many people who don't bathe or brush their teeth properly. I have smelled so much periodontal disease today (and last night at Hall of Fame) - perhaps more than I do at my daily job in a dental office.

Wrestling fans need better hygiene.

Just got back from Axxess. I honestly don't want to go again tomorrow, but I need to meet Edge. The walk from parking is terrible and there are too many people who don't bathe or brush their teeth properly. I have smelled so much periodontal disease today (and last night at Hall of Fame) - perhaps more than I do at my daily job in a dental office.

IsaacYankem.jpg

Mahonay

Banned

This has how I've always envisioned Axxess.

somedevil

who un-ironically likes Roman

Dave Meltzer who has given Reigns 13 4 star matches or above since his single debut at Summerlsam 2014.

Roman has just been a victim of Vince loving him and this love causing him to book him horribly wrong.

He wanted to create a babyface star but instead created a heel cause Vince has lost the ability to book babyfaces correctly. Suffering Succotash really?

I don't blame Roman for being over pushed before he was ready.

They short changed him of getting a proper build as he got better.
I don't like his character or promos but he's taken shit and taken shots and he's ok.

Roman is fantastic, he's just miscast. He's not the "joke cracking, hand shaking, face of the company" babyface. He's either the "brooding badass" babyface or a cocky and arrogant heel. They are trying to make him something he's not. That's why he's not getting over with most of the crowds. Not because of a conspiracy or because the crowds think "it's cool to boo Roman" or because he's bad. He's a victim of Vince wanting him to be something he's not.

Heel

Sorry to interrupt the wrestling fans whining about a wrestler that they didn't personally coronate as a "great worker" for 3 years running, but I wanted to check in and make sure you're all avoiding the dreaded #DeadGiveaway at your casual WrestleMania parties.

Stay #Safe, friends. I know I will.

Expected they would but I'm glad they finally announce the Women's Tournament, this tournament could be crazy with all the talent out there including the ones they've signed.

I really enjoyed the hall of fame. From ddp to Jim Cornette, to Beth, Teddy and Angle - they all emphasised personality and moments. Even Eric LeGrande talking about the moments that he got excited for as a kid and remembers were about personality more than putting on a technical match.

I'm hoping the young wwe talent understands the message they were being shown tonight.

Great night. Probably shouldn't have stayed up to 5am to watch it, but I'm glad I did.
I'm still waiting for them to take what Austin said to heart, unfortunately too many are just happy to do what the company tells them without any questioning or resistance and that's probably going to get worse when Triple H and Stephanie are fully in charge.
This is a gross oversimplification of it.

The reality is faces in WWE are stunted as hell, they're lame and manufactured, and often unlikable. Heels on the other hand get way more freedom in their promos and characters, often they get to pour a lot of themselves into it.
*snip*
All of this is fact.
in kurts speech when he mentions bout staying out trouble etc i get that as a dig to paige etc
Nah, that was all about the problems he's had since 2006.

That's what I've been saying, minus the last part. Just have Roman "kill" him but you also damn well better start actually move away from trying to book him as a good guy.
So what's everyone thinking for Ember vs. Asuka? Is tonight the night?

The most recent belt they made (the U.K. Title) is amazing.

Same thing I've been expecting for over a year, maybe since Ember/Athena got signed though now I like the idea of Asuka kind of snapping after she loses and hope she stays down in NXT a little longer and we get a bit of Psycho Asuka. Never mind getting to work with some of the women they've signed or may sign soon. I need my Kairi vs Asuka and maybe Io vs Asuka too, assuming they don't get put together and also assuming Asuka and Io are actually on good terms.

I hope these new NXT belt designs are good like that UK one, also hope they don't just make the Women's title a smaller version of the men's title, I mean I get it with the WWE title though I really wish they did something with the Universal one instead of it being the same but with a different strap but it's just so boring. WWE isn't the UFC as they repeatedly remind us in their spin about the UFC not being competition despite also claiming everything on TV is competition.

I'm still waiting for them to take what Austin said to heart, unfortunately too many are just happy to do what the company tells them without any questioning or resistance and that's probably going to get worse when Triple H and Stephanie are fully in charge.

What could possibly make you believe it'll get worse when they are in charge? Triple H has been outspoken in many interviews about guys needing to have more freedom and he's shown that he's willing to do that with guys in NXT. At worst it stays the same, but I don't know how you possibly say it'll get worse.

Hex

Banned

Oh yeah, definitely understand pro wrestling better than most of wrestlinggaf. if you came up with that...
Absolutely.
8Zmwe5n.gif

Wagram

Goldbergs taking time off after Mania "to reflect." In other words, taking that check and bouncing just like last time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom