• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WrestleMania 33 Week |OT| The Ride Never Ends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so is this going to be the Takeover thread aswel?'

actually it is april fools cos she cant get pregnant if i remember right

youre right

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2016/0405/609492/total-divas-recap/

We learn that Paige has a dark secret. No, she's not really a man or an Iggy Azalea fan or anything shocking like that. She talks to Big Show—he just hangs around backstage offering nice, sensitive advice and loving hugs like a giant, 7 foot tall version of Oprah. Paige reveals her story: she had a miscarriage at 18 in England. She also had surgery in America that could stop her having children in the future. This is all very depressing for a usually light show.

What could possibly make you believe it'll get worse when they are in charge? Triple H has been outspoken in many interviews about guys needing to have more freedom and he's shown that he's willing to do that with guys in NXT. At worst it stays the same, but I don't know how you possibly say it'll get worse.

I don't know, I have mixed feeling on it, I know in some ways it'll probably get better, including certain underlings of Vince probably getting the boot, maybe trying to get back closer to the days of pro-wrestling being sold as "legitimate" at least on the programming with less dumb TV stuff that doesn't make sense. But on the other I'm concerned Triple H and Stephanie won't be as receptive to constructive questioning or challenging their ideas by talent as Vince has had a history of being while taking Vince's pettiness to another level.

I don't know, I have mixed feeling on it, I know in some ways it'll probably get better, including certain underlings of Vince probably getting the boot, maybe trying to get back closer to the days of pro-wrestling being sold as "legitimate" at least on the programming with less dumb TV stuff that doesn't make sense. But on the other I'm concerned Triple H and Stephanie won't be as receptive to constructive questioning or challenging their ideas by talent as Vince has had a history of being while taking Vince's pettiness to another level.

I think there's pretty much zero chance of that. Triple H has been much more willing to change course in NXT than Vince ever was on the main roster. I mean, look at Becky Lynch. Her debut was a terrible Irish stereotype and didn't get over, so they immediately switched her up. And when Corbin wasn't getting over as a dominant face/tweener, they almost immediately turned him heel and let him be more of himself. And as far as challenging goes, Triple H has made it clear that the reason he hires a lot of trainers and scouts is because he knows that he doesn't know everything about everything in wrestling. He trusts the guys around him like Regal and Matt Bloom.

I mean maybe everything he's done for the past five years is a huge facade and as soon as he gets power he'll regress and be terrible, but there's no actual evidence to draw that conclusion from.

Sanjuro

Is there anything of note to watch for on NXT? I think I might just watch the Hall of Fame.

For all the talk, Samoa Joe has been a disaster.

That's what Raw does to a wrestler.

That;s BS. His character work has been fine and he's been booked well. The biggest problem is just that he doesn't have a dedicated Mania program, so they can't really put him too deeply into anything. He came up at a bad time (pre-WM) and the feud they had planned for him (against Seth) fell apart on night one. He'll be fine post-WM once they pick the Seth feud back up.

Sanjuro

That;s BS. His character work has been fine and he's been booked well. The biggest problem is just that he doesn't have a dedicated Mania program, so they can't really put him too deeply into anything. He came up at a bad time (pre-WM) and the feud they had planned for him (against Seth) fell apart on night one. He'll be fine post-WM once they pick the Seth feud back up.

I don't think a match at WrestleMania even matters. He hasn't been shown as a serious threat. Feel like Big-E or Big Show could beat him.

I don't think a match at WrestleMania even matters. He hasn't been shown as a serious threat. Feel like Big-E or Big Show could beat him.

How so? He hasn't lost at all on the main roster. He almost always has come out on top of any encounters he's had too.

What could they be doing differently?

Sanjuro

How so? He hasn't lost at all on the main roster. He almost always has come out on top of any encounters he's had too.

What could they be doing differently?

He is booked more like Big Boss Man when he first came back. A stooge who isn't nearly as important as the arc around him.

He is booked more like Big Boss Man when he first came back. A stooge who isn't nearly as important as the arc around him.

But how is he booked like a stooge? Give examples. Because no facts of how he's actually been booked support that. He always wins and generally does it by destroying people. I mean hell, he beat Sami by TKO, which we never even see anyone else do.

Joe's squashed Sami twice. Sami isn't booked the best but he's still treated as a great competitor unless he isn't faced against someone like Strowman. He's being booked fine it's just Seth's re-injury has messed up his position on the card.

Sanjuro

But how is he booked like a stooge? Give examples. Because no facts of how he's actually been booked support that. He always wins and generally does it by destroying people. I mean hell, he beat Sami by TKO, which we never even see anyone else do.

He came out on the orders of HHH. Has a suit. Since then, been on Sami duty.

He came out on the orders of HHH. Has a suit. Since then, been on Sami duty.

His working for Triple H has been such a small part of his treatment though. It's just the framing of why he's there. His actual actions (the things it's logical to judge him by) have been strong and well-booked.

And Sami isn't nobody. He's not the main event, but he's treated legit enough. Joe being dominant over him means something. And again, he's only with Sami because of Seth's injury, which is out of everyone's control.

Sanjuro

His working for Triple H has been such a small part of his treatment though. It's just the framing of why he's there. His actual actions (the things it's logical to judge him by) have been strong and well-booked.

That's why I compared him to Bossman 2.0.

I have no reason to think he is a threat for the title, has any sort of plan, or he has escaped his corporate grip.

who? im out of the loop.

He's the guy who became famous for appearing on tv when Bork returns and seemingly travels to a crazy amount of WWE events a year, usually front row and centre. He is either a trust fund baby who travels all over the country attending every major WWE event and the tv crew and IWC have picked up on it or he is a paid plant to keep the front rows animated for the cameras and get positive chants going for Vince's boyfriend Roman.

That's why I compared him to Bossman 2.0.

I have no reason to think he is a threat for the title, has any sort of plan, or he has escaped his corporate grip.

But how does his motivation make him a non-threat? If anything, the fact that he both works for the guy in charge and can destroy people in the ring should make him seem like more of a threat. Like the idea that he's less of a threat because of that makes no sense to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom