• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WrestleMania 33 Week |OT| The Ride Never Ends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't even act like the company is in the same place now as it was then. They don't have the level of storytelling ability on the main roster to get an unknown guy over. Hell, AJ was over when he got there and they still almost killed him with that Jericho feud.

This person knows what they are talking about.

Except in regards to intergender matches.

You philistine.

Funny how the hype for this takeover seemed pretty middling only for it to deliver by the bucket load.
Excellent, got my quality in ring fix, leaves me more accepting of tomorrows spectacle event.

I think I preferred the original Roode/Nakamura match but this was still strong, unexpected clean heel finish as well.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I'm OK with Heels winning the titles
Smart to extend stories for some and bring in fresh blood for some that may get roster call ups to take those spots

Nice combo of champions on nXt
Don't get that same feeling on Raw, a little on Smackdown but not by much

Raw title being vacant for like half a year when put on Brawk Laser really does a disservice

Brinbe

Fantastic event from start to finish. WM is gonna be a shitshow in comparison. But that's gonna be a pure spectacle, period. This was booked for wrasslin fans, so it's not surprising.

Looking forward to the LAW facebook thing.

I haven't watched NXT in a couple of years, but I really enjoyed everything here tonight. That tag match was the best thing on the card. I see big things for all of those guys.

Ithil

Pick the wrong guy but here is a better example.
Would you guys send Stone Cold or Bret Hart to NXT?

Stone Cold came in as THE RINGMASTER, with green trunks and his Hollywood Blonde boots. I'd say he would say himself he could have had a better introduction.

This person knows what they are talking about.

Except in regards to intergender matches.

You philistine.

Intergender matches are almost never good. The one intergender match I've liked was Shirai vs. Pentagon and that's because Shirai is one of the best wrestlers in the world regardless of gender, so she could keep it looking good. Other than that rare circumstance, every intergender match I've seen is either not good or good in spite of the intergender stuff. Sure, Candice takes crazy bumps, but crazy bumps don't make a good match.

strobogo, who understands pro wrestling better than anyone in wrestlinggaf, and I were talking about the problem of Roman vs Undertaker--namely the problem that you can't really do a memorable match to close the show because Undertaker is so broken down that even Roman probably can't carry him to anything higher than **1/2.

What we ended up deciding is that if you can't do a ***** classic, then the show closer has to be memorable in another way. So you have to have the grandest entrance possible for Undertaker. Then when the lights go up, the two combatants have to stare down for no less than 90 seconds. Undertaker then must grab Roman by the throat and tease a chokeslam that Roman escapes, then bounces off the road and hits a big spear. He cocks his fist, waits for Undertaker to rise, then Supermans that ho for a clean win in 15 seconds. Undertaker then gets to his feet, tells Roman, "this is your yard now, son," and the show ends with Undertaker kneeling to Roman.

You really think that Roman can go for a whole 15 second match?

Intergender matches are almost never good. The one intergender match I've liked was Shirai vs. Pentagon and that's because Shirai is one of the best wrestlers in the world regardless of gender, so she could keep it looking good. Other than that rare circumstance, every intergender match I've seen is either not good or good in spite of the intergender stuff. Sure, Candice takes crazy bumps, but crazy bumps don't make a good match.

I hope you realize I'm just giving you shit and I'm not actually needling you.

Almost everyone thought that Joe would be on SD, so I'm not so sure

Joe was fluid. He made sense on either brand. Nakamura doesn't.

Raw has a top babyface coming back in Balor. They don't need to bring in another guy to fight for spotlight. SD has a big babyface in Cena leaving after WM, so they have a spot to fill.

I hope you realize I'm just giving you shit and I'm not actually needling you.

It's all good, man.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Pretty much a perfect show out of NXT. Every single match delivered. Tremendous work.

What must it be like to be working on the main brand(s) and knowing that "developmental" can put on a better show than your biggest and "best" night of the year?

Wagram

Good show overall. Not some super mind-blowing experience, but very good nonetheless. I'm expecting this will feel like the better show given the more lean and mean nature. I hope you guys are ready for 7 fucking hours minimum tomorrow.

jurgen

Joe was fluid. He made sense on either brand. Nakamura doesn't.

Raw has a top babyface coming back in Balor. They don't need to bring in another guy to fight for spotlight. SD has a big babyface in Cena leaving after WM, so they have a spot to fill.

If Roman's jumping to Smackdown, there's your "babyface" to take Cena's spot.

Heroman

Banned
Don't even act like the company is in the same place now as it was then. They don't have the level of storytelling ability on the main roster to get an unknown guy over. Hell, AJ was over when he got there and they still almost killed him with that Jericho feud.

Nxt has nothing to do with getting over a unknown guys, look at Zayn who is considered to be the greatest NXT wreslter every and is booked like a Jobber on raw.

Stone Cold is a terrible example because he went through 2-3 different promotions before coming up with Stone Cold.
Cole has worked for NJPW, ROH ,pwg as well as many different promotion. Dude already got his own gimmick.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Some of those Wrestlemania matches will be hella short or squash matches but Pitbull and Flo Rida will get the ample 10-15 minutes of stage time

Cause that's what most paid for, an impromptu Cuban pop sensation sing a long

lol LAW guys didn't like the main event and said they should have watched ROH instead.

If Roman's jumping to Smackdown, there's your "babyface" to take Cena's spot.

We don't know that he is though, so we have to work with what we have now. And with what we have now, Nakamura makes more sense on SD.

Stone Cold was Ted DiBiase's lackey at the start of his WWF run before they figured out the Austin character and Bret was doing tag team work for years before doing main event work. If WWE want to put guys in NXT while they find an actual place to fit them on TV i don't see the issue? It's a different time now and they are risk averse when it comes to TV, for better and worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom