• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WrestleMania 33 Week |OT| The Ride Never Ends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toki767

Not really, no one know who Bret was in 87 and through good looking he became superstar. The you need to send some one to a development promotion to get them over is laughable

But it's not to get them over. It's to teach them WWE's production techniques more than anything.

Not really, no one know who Bret was in 87 and through good looking he became superstar. The you need to send some one to a development promotion to get them over is laughable

That idea in and of itself is wrong.

That idea in the context of today's WWE is absolutely right.

Ithil

The new NXT title

C8YCffGV0AIeLWY.jpg

Toki767

Let's also not forget that Ambrose never appeared on NXT prior to debuting on WWE (he was there for like 1 episode after the Shield debuted).

And Reigns was there for like 3 episodes.

WWE will let whoever they want completely skip NXT if they feel like it.

Let's also not forget that Ambrose never appeared on NXT prior to debuting on WWE (he was there for like 1 episode after the Shield debuted).

They were in FCW.

they were both in FCW....

EDIT- beaten like Nakamura

They had a stable to get themselves over.

Adam Cole is running solo

Heroman

Banned
It super funny that Braun Strowman who really needed NXT , did just fine without out it. Actually he done better than most of people who been on NXT tv.

GunBR

But in the last years I think only Braun and AJ skipped NXT

Guys who have debuted without NXT since NXT became a thing:

AJ Styles
Gallows & Anderson
Braun

And technically all the CWs, but that's a different situation.

That's it.

It super funny that Braun Strowman who really needed NXT , did just fine without out it. Actually he done better than most of people who been on NXT tv.

That's because he got the "unstoppable monster" push. Something tells me Adam Cole isn't getting that. And even he floundered until that.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax

How could you forget about Roman Leakee!?
ec066eacdff8c73be7b95315b25861a1.jpg

Suit wearing Roman. Da GOAT

GunBR

Yeah, no
Braun was terrible during his time with the Wyatts and at the beginning of his single carreer.
Even Ellsworth got over first

Paracelsus

Roman made Braun, because he turned him babyface, people love to see a monster babyface beat the hell out of a heel.

And years later, I still think the NXT title needs an Option C. That's the best way to have Roode debut after Bork gives Roman the title. Roman wins a phony defense on RAW, Roode hits him in the forehead with the NXT belt (*cue face pop*), then goes "this ain't enough. I want this one too". It worked fairly well with Owens, they should've kept going.

Let's not pretend that that wasn't an incredible moment.
Don't get me wrong, it was great because Brock was probably like who the fuck is this nobody trying to no sell me, but my point was basically that Braun had been around on the main roster for a long while before he got popular.

What does that even mean in the context of any of those matches?

He said that the matches "had no internal logic" and he hated that DIY and Revival were able to do spots together. Said the rules weren't clear and that "NXT has become increasingly unbelievable like this and it's not good".

Toki767

Don't get me wrong, it was great because Brock was probably like who the fuck is this nobody trying to no sell me, but my point was basically that Braun had been around on the main roster for a long while before he got popular.

Oh yeah. Don't forget he debuted just to make Reigns look strong against the Wyatt family.

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone
He said that the matches "had no internal logic" and he hated that DIY and Revival were able to do spots together. Said the rules weren't clear and that "NXT has become increasingly unbelievable like this and it's not good".
WTF? Diy and revival teaming together is maybe one of my favorite things ever.

jurgen

On the Roode/Nakamura main event.

You maybe can get away with one old name in your main event, but you need more motivated talents like Ohno, Roddy, or Oney to bring some life to these TakeOver mains. Instead, for a YEAR, we’ve been treated to dudes in their late thirties coasting by on such pedestrian wrestling matches that they now come off as aggressively boring.

There is no urgency. There is no violence. There is no sense of danger. There is no excitement. There is no energy.

Sounds like a guy with complaints he wants to get off his chest rather than a guy who is reviewing the match.

Braun was in NXT two years before he officially debuted on the main roster and a year and a half on the main roster before the Reigns match and working the main roster schedule is like three years compared to how much he probably would've worked in NXT in the same amount of time.

krae_man

Watching NXT now. Got home from work late.

LOL @ Chris Hero wrestling in a shirt while this Sanity dude is fatter with no shirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom