• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WrestleMania 33 Week |OT| The Ride Never Ends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jurgen

Back when Braun struggled to get people up for the bear hug.

Not-so good times.

Greenhorn Braun was rough and was definitely only a thing because he's huge. People have reacted positively towards him over the past nine months in part because he's shown great signs of improvement.

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone
AoP looked amazing in this match. They're not great every night but tonight they were. I do worry that they Brock Lesnared them a bit. They seem like unbeatable monsters right now.

Toki767

AoP looked amazing in this match. They're not great every night but tonight they were. I do worry that they Brock Lesnared them a bit. They seem like unbeatable monsters right now.

Before one got injured, I had assumed TM61 would be the ones to beat them.

Now it's like...I don't know. NXT doesn't really have many tag teams. I guess Sanity, but then you'd have to turn one of the face.

I don't even know what's next for Roode. I guess Dillinger?

LAW guys are super up on the women’s match.

Shitting on Ember's character work though... as they should. The childish na na boo booish taunt Ember did in the middle of the matchbwas bizarre

jurgen

Isn't Ohno late thirties?

Yeah. He's actually 37.

Considering Flair was pushing 60 when he finally retired, I don't think this is the business to complain about old timers sticking around. Yes, it's great seeing young, new talent rolling in. But if the older guys can still go, let them wrestle.

...which is why Bill's last match is tomorrow night.

Syder

LAW guys are super up on the women's match.

Shitting on Ember's character work though... as they should. The childish na na boo booish taunt Ember did in the middle of the matchbwas bizarre
I really don't think she's committed to the supernatural element of her character and the whole thing falls apart if she's not into it.
Lol that guy is fucking nuts...

A total embarrassment?
Can't tell if he's super jaded or being deliberately contrarian.

I wish they would just call up Asuka already. I'm happy on some level she retained and the story set out with her being threatened over Ember is great but I'd rather she get called up. Her interrupting a Charlotte or Becky promo would be gold.

jurgen

Before one got injured, I had assumed TM61 would be the ones to beat them.

Now it's like...I don't know. NXT doesn't really have many tag teams. I guess Sanity, but then you'd have to turn one of the face.

I don't even know what's next for Roode. I guess Dillinger?

You're looking at Ohno and Dillinger, I guess. Maybe Almas starts rising? He's been putting in clutch work for the past six months.

I wish they would just call up Asuka already. I'm happy on some level she retained and the story set out with her being threatened over Ember is great but I'd rather she get called up. Her interrupting a Charlotte or Becky promo would be gold.

Asuka will probably stick around until after the Women's tournament. NXT's women's division needs that to establish some new talent other than Moon and Cross.

somedevil

He was ranting on his twitter before his review:

NXT's main event for two TakeOvers in a row have been worked by the two least motivated wrestlers on the roster

Roddy, Oney, Almas, and Ohno should just run in, beat the shit out of them, and then we can all go home.

Roddy, Oney, Almas, or Ohno would work their asses off to make a Nakamura TakeOver match come off well. This is an embarrassment for both.

You're going to see people defend that Roode/Nakamura match. Do not trust these people.

ReiGun

I really don't think she's committed to the supernatural element of her character and the whole thing falls apart if she's not into it.Can't tell if he's super jaded or being deliberately contrarian.

It's just window dressing. Her actual "character" is really just her being herself.

Which would be fine, if her normal personality didn't clash so completely with her look.

But there's no one to take her place as the face of the division yet. Ember isn't quite there yet, and they need more time to build Ruby, Cross, and the Iconic Duo.

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone
Trying to act like either roode/nak match even approaches bad is laughable. I think both were naks best matches beside Zayn. I didn't really feel like him and Joe worked well together.

I'm not the biggest Roode fan at all and before the first match with Nakamura I would say he was a guy basically over for his entrance but even I'll say he's pulled out great work for both matches.

RBH

C8YJBEVU0AMUCzw.jpg

ORLANDO, FL -- In an exclusive interview just moments after his surprise appearance at NXT TakeOver Orlando, Drew McIntyre confirmed to ESPN that he has joined the brand full time.

For the second straight year, an unexpected appearance at NXT TakeOver during WrestleMania weekend shocked the crowd. This time around, it was a familiar face, as former WWE superstar Drew McIntyre appeared in the front row prior to the NXT championship match in Orlando.

If there was any doubt about his intentions, they were put to rest during an exclusive post-TakeOver interview with ESPN.com

"Well, the answer's pretty simple," said McIntyre. "I've won championships all across the world. I've helped build brands. So what's the next logical thing for me to do? It's to come here and win the NXT title."

It's hard to take attention away from competitors as charismatic and popular with the crowd as Shinsuke Nakamura and Bobby Roode, but McIntyre did just that when his face flashed on camera. The assembled crowd at Orlando's Amway Center cheered wildly for the returning Scotsman, and NXT fans can do a lot more of that in the coming weeks and months.

"If that's not clear enough for everybody, Drew McIntyre has signed with NXT," McIntyre said definitively.

With Roode defeating Nakamura, the unclear NXT championship picture is now a little more crowded. A former WWE intercontinental and tag team champion, McIntyre returns after nearly a three-year absence from the company. In that time he worked for numerous independent organizations, including EVOLVE, where he was an EVOLVE champion and a two-time tag team champion (with one reign alongside Johnny Gargano).
http://www.espn.com/wwe/story/_/id/19056390/wwe-drew-mcintyre-confirms-nxt-signing

jurgen

Tye never wins. I don't think he'll go for the belt.

Ohno will get it or maybe a quick push for Black.

I could see Black getting called up next year.

Tye Dillinger's last name bugs me. It's a weird way to pronounce "B-R-E-E-Z-E."

I kid. He's a great talent in the same way Breeze was but I don't ever see him going far.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Trying to act like either roode/nak match even approaches bad is laughable. I think both were naks best matches beside Zayn. I didn't really feel like him and Joe worked well together.

completely agree

I could see Black getting called up next year.

Tye Dillinger's last name bugs me. It's a weird way to pronounce "B-R-E-E-Z-E."

I kid. He's a great talent in the same way Breeze was but I don't ever see him going far.
I'm real curious to see why the Main Roster does with Tye. There's all those claims that WWE dislikes the 10 chant because of how distracting it is.

Realistically at best, his ceiling is the IC or US title.

McIntyre, Black, Ohno, Roode, Almas, Cole soon, Kyle O'Reilly soon, Donovan Dijak probably soon

NXT built back up pretty well I'd say. Main event scene will be fire the rest of the year.

Bronx-Man

Banned
I feel like the NXT title scene is Roode, Ohno, McIntyre, & Black right out the gate. Maaaaybe Rodrick and Almas if they feel like throwing them out of opening match/jobber territory.

ReiGun

Tye is that potential big midcard babyface the main roster needs right now. Not everyone is going to be in the main event and not everyone needs to be. Let Tye cook at the IC title level and get people invested in that belt.

orioto

Good Art™
The ppv was great indeed.

My only concern.. I don't know that tatooed dude but was that a first match to promote him ? Cause Almas looked 10 times more impressive in that match..

The ppv was great indeed.

My only concern.. I don't know that tatooed dude but was that a first match to promote him ? Cause Almas looked 10 times more impressive in that match..

That was his first match, yeah. And I thought they both came off well. It wasn't meant to be a debut squash. It was meant to showcase both to a degree.

jurgen

Tye is that potential big midcard babyface the main roster needs right now. Not everyone is going to be in the main event and not everyone needs to be. Let Tye cook at the IC title level and get people invested in that belt.

Tye is the type of wrestler that would win the IC title at Mania and lose it the next night on Raw.

Tye is not worthy of that title. That title is doing just fine revolving around guys like Corbin, Ambrose, Harper, etc.

Also, WWE has so much jacked up talent that it just feels ridiculous. Some people are going to have to fail and be booted off for the NXT stars to make it forward.

I genuinely don't see guys like Chad Gable making it. Dude looks like a total nobody. Jason Jordan is probably going to be a great IC Champ one day.

I guess the UK show could really flesh out as its own thing, especially if guys like Wade and McIntyre went there. Hell, even Cesaro and Sheamus could have some special appearances.

Doesn't seem they are too serious about making that its own thing, and how can they? that is just so much wrestling for one company.

ReiGun

Tye is the type of wrestler that would win the IC title at Mania and lose it the next night on Raw.

fcdb1ffbfdacd0261bc1cbd6c3d50471_crop_north.jpg

It was all so beautiful. :'(

Tye is not worthy of that title. That title is doing just fine revolving around guys like Corbin, Ambrose, Harper, etc.
US title then. Whatever. The point is someone's ceiling being the midcard is not a bad thing. You need stars at that level too.

Also, WWE has so much jacked up talent that it just feels ridiculous.

Some people are going to have to fail and be booted off for the NXT stars to make it forward.

I genuinely don't see guys like Chad Gable making it. Dude looks like a total nobody. Jason Jordan is probably going to be a great IC Champ one day
Yeah whenever AA break up, it's Jason Jordan who's gonna get the push.

jurgen

I keep forgetting that Shelton will most likely be back in the next few weeks. He's finally cleared from his injury.

Looks like we'll see if Benjamin can carry Dean Ambrose's lackadaisical ass through an IC Title match.

Also, the ARMBAR is looking to have a more exciting lineup than the Royal Rumble.

ReiGun

This week, we could be looking at Shelton Bejamin, Nakamura, the Hardys, Balor, and The Revival or #DIY returning/debuting on the main roster.
whew.png

ShadyK54

This week, we could be looking at Shelton Bejamin, Nakamura, the Hardys, Balor, and The Revival or #DIY returning/debuting on the main roster.
whew.png

Gonna be glued to Raw & SD this week. Thank god the DC CW shows are on break so I don't have to go back and forth w/SD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom