• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wrestlemania XXX Week |OT| We are all legit shook

Are you legit shook?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You can WANT HHH to win because you'd rather that happen, but you can't really think Bryan not going over is the right booking move. It makes no sense and would only reinforce that Bryan is a weak goober who shouldn't be taken seriously ever again. And that's a pretty stupid way to book your most over guy.

Also, no way did Austin have an average working man's physique. Dude was pretty jacked. But the audience has changed, the culture has changed, and the size of wrestlers have changed. A guy Bryan's size isn't nearly as small in comparison to even the Attitude Era. The average height is much smaller now than it was then. Use HBK as the measuring stick. Compare how tall he looked in 1996-1998 as compared to 2002-on. HBK looked tall and lean in his come back because the average size changed dramatically in those 4 years and continues to get smaller. There aren't many monsters anymore. Even Bateaster isn't that big anymore.

I will agree and say there's no reason for HHH to go over Bryan. I'm totally on board with that.

Bryan getting close and then getting fucked out of the title by outside interference will turn anyone, which is why if there's any place for Punk to return, it's for this. The crowd would cheer the shit out of him and this would negate it 100% and let him be a heel. But we need to assume Punk isn't coming back.

Is there anyone who desperately needs the PERFECT heel turn? Besides Cena. Who needs to be a top heel that isn't? Anyone?

kirblar

I was mostly joking about this but it kinda makes sense.

Bryan has 'connected' with others who want to look gross and look like an everyday person. Lots of unkempt beards and beta behavior, and an underwhelming physique.

Austin got over with the redneck crowd because they all did manual labor and looked at least in the same ballpark, physically, and had a boss they'd love to kick's ass.

Am I WAY off base with this or does it sound reasonable?

EDIT: Stro I am a spiteful dude. You're right.
This is why the Laurinitis recruitment of infinite male models was such a complete disaster. "Traditionally good looking" only works as a heel. (a la Orton/Legacy)

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I will agree and say there's no reason for HHH to go over Bryan. I'm totally on board with that.

Bryan getting close and then getting fucked out of the title by outside interference will turn anyone, which is why if there's any place for Punk to return, it's for this. The crowd would cheer the shit out of him and this would negate it 100% and let him be a heel. But we need to assume Punk isn't coming back.

Is there anyone who desperately needs the PERFECT heel turn? Besides Cena. Who needs to be a top heel that isn't? Anyone?
Big Show

strobogo

Banned
Punk returning to screw Bryan is probably the only way that Bryan not ending the show as champion will work. Even though I can't think of a story reason why that would make much sense. Austin turning at WM17 did have a story reason and wasn't just a SWERVE for SWERVE sake.

Vylash

Sheamus, no doubt, I'm sure I'll get heat for that but I will continue to maintain that Sheamus is a top level heel and is in the middle of a face run that should've never happened, he was an absolute killer and he should've stayed that way

A football stadium has to be the worst venue for pro wrestling. I know they're in an unending quest to draw massive attendance records but it has to be a terrible viewing experience for about 3/4 of the audience.

I'm watching the Dodgers-Giants game right now and man, Dodgers Stadium would be perfect for Wrestlemania, hell have Summer Slam there instead of at Staples Center. The way the majority of the seats surround the diamond, just imagine having the ring centered right on top of the pitcher's mound. You can have your entrance/Titan Tron area in center field.

The only other outdoor venue that I think would work good are tennis stadiums but I'd imagine it'd be a cold day in hell before they allow Sports Entertainment to take place there.

Aiii

So not worth it
More "celebrity" appearances:
The band Rev Theory will be performing at WrestleMania according to their Facebook page.

Most likely they will perform "Voices" for Randy Orton's ring entrance, since it's their song, but that is not confirmed.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

DON'T YOU EVEN

Punk returning to screw Bryan is probably the only way that Bryan not ending the show as champion will work. Even though I can't think of a story reason why that would make much sense. Austin turning at WM17 did have a story reason and wasn't just a SWERVE for SWERVE sake.

That's how I feel too. I don't think anyone else needs a push to the heel side.

Sheamus, no doubt, I'm sure I'll get heat for that but I will continue to maintain that Sheamus is a top level heel and is in the middle of a face run that should've never happened, he was an absolute killer and he should've stayed that way

I think they can easily do that without fucking Bryan. It should be used for someone who is hopelessly over as a face and not Cena. :/

kirblar

Punk sending THE SHIELD in to attack Bryan (and DQ HHH) would actually be a great ending.

iMax

The only other outdoor venue that I think would work good are tennis stadiums but I'd imagine it'd be a cold day in hell before they allow Sports Entertainment to take place there.

Funny you should say that, because that's exactly where they host their Middle East shows.

Linkified

Bryan wins. Batista wins Money in the Bank and cashes in just in time to sell his little movie. Believe that.

Actually yes, but I would have Batista try to cash in at every PPV for a year with Bryan thwarting Batista cash in attempts until next years MITB 2015 and have Batista lose clean.

That's not really how I remember it. The only precursor to it was Austin's "I NEED TO BEAT YOU ROCK." It didn't make a whole lot of sense when it happened, which is why I'm guessing they had Austin beat the hell out of JR that following Smackdown.

If you have Punk screw over Bryan, you piss off the people that want Bryan to win (probably 80% of people tuning in Sunday), but you'll also have to spend weeks trying to justify it in a way that makes any kind of sense.

Only way Final Countdown would work is if they put a good stinger in front of it. I just don't think it works outside of the ROH setting, though. Too corny.

iMax

Real question: does Bryan come out to The Final Countdown for the main event?

This is what most people will see.

tumblr_inline_mjlz8vZ0cN1qhi137.gif

strobogo

Banned
That's not really how I remember it. The only precursor to it was Austin's "I NEED TO BEAT YOU ROCK." It didn't make a whole lot of sense when it happened, which is why I'm guessing they had Austin beat the hell out of JR that following Smackdown.

If you have Punk screw over Bryan, you piss off the people that want Bryan to win (probably 80% of people tuning in Sunday), but you'll also have to spend weeks trying to justify it in a way that makes any kind of sense.

The whole point of the feud (besides the stupid shit with Debra) was the Austin felt threatened by Rock's rise while he was gone and was willing to do anything to prove he was better and could still beat Rock. It meant more to him than anything in the world, including his values and self respect, and it culminated in making a deal with the the devil to get it.

The whole point of the feud (besides the stupid shit with Debra) was the Austin felt threatened by Rock's rise while he was gone and was willing to do anything to prove he was better and could still beat Rock. It meant more to him than anything in the world, including his values and self respect, and it culminated in making a deal with the the devil to get it.

Yep, and it could have worked if the audience was sick of Austin in his current form. But they weren't.

strobogo

Banned
It didn't make sense because they did it in Texas (Houston).

To me, that drives the point home even farther.

Yep, and it could have worked if the audience was sick of Austin in his current form. But they weren't.

Ish. Austin definitely needed some kind of change to his character. Maybe a heel turn wasn't the right thing, but something needed to change up a little bit at least.

I wish they would factor in more New Orleans things into WM. Like have Rebirth Jazz Band come out to open the show while Maggle gives us a preview of tonight's matches. For the diva invitational, Vickie announces that it's gonna be a twerk contest co-hosted by Big Freeda while Juvenile performs 'Back that Azz Up'. After Naomi wins, Vickie swerves and announces Kharma as her opponent. Kharma wins and keeps the belt for the nest 20 years. No matter what happens in the Cena match, he gets thrown in a bayou and devoured by gators. Bryan wins and Rebirth comes out and it's party time again.

I really don't remember that coming out with their feud at all. That feels a lot more hindsight-ish to me, and more related to again, the promo he had with JR on Smackdown. Maybe I need to watch the build up again.

It didn't make sense because they did it in Texas (Houston).
There's that, too. Austin could pulled out a magnum and shot the Rock right in the head and still would have been cheered.

Actually, they should have blasted JR's commentary through the stadium's speakers. "STONE COLD HAS SOLD HIS SOUL TO SATAN HIMSELF" would have turned the crowd, I bet.

Ithil

It seems like we just got a look at the HHH/Bryan video package on Wrestlemania Today, it was pretty cool.

So I just got tickets to this. The cheapest tickets were $14 a ticket. I live in NOLA and I'm not terribly into wrestling anymore but I'll pay 14 bucks to go see a Wrestlemania. I just need to find some binoculars now lol.

Also, I'm predicting that Bryan/HHH has some kind of screwjob finish and because of it Hogan turns the main event into a 4 way.

Linkified

Sheamus, Big Show, Mark Henry, Great Khali, Big E.

Have The Authority hand pick "big" dudes and let Daniel Bryan be The Giant Killer you still get the underdog story, you continue the story of him overcoming The Authority ... you could probably get through a year of big guys.

Have The Authority hand pick "big" dudes and let Daniel Bryan be The Giant Killer you still get the underdog story, you continue the story of him overcoming The Authority ... you could probably get through a year of big guys.

BRYANWINSLOL

Ugh I can hear it now, those dudes can fuck off.

iMax

Anyone getting a crappy live stream on the WWE Network? All on-demand stuff is running fantastic... but the live feed is pixelated and all over the place. Doesn't bode well :/

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

Lesnar beats Taker, sets up the summer of Bryan vs Lesnar.

Seriously going to be sad seeing Lesnar try to hype himself up for Bryan's title after he loses to literally dead man Taker this Sunday.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I want Bryan to win but he has been champion before...it's not like Austin for me which was this long and unprecedented chase.

Wow my work schedule is really shitty and I basically work every night including weekends but because of some random stuff they're doing there I got the sunday off. Sure it ruins my schedule in the short term but I get to watch WM live.

Aiii

So not worth it
I want Bryan to win but he has been champion before...it's not like Austin for me which was this long and unprecedented chase.
His combined run as a champion has been less then 24 hours, can't really count that IMO

Allforce

What are the Vegas odds on the WWE Network crashing and burning on Sunday night during this? I invited a bunch of buddies who are former WWE fans over to watch just for old times sake but if the network takes a shit I'm gonna look like Leaping Lanny Poffo instead of The Genius over here.

Have they had any major events that stress-tested this service yet? I bought in for 6 months back when it launched and haven't really tuned in outside of some random old PPVs I wanted to see.

iMax

What are the Vegas odds on the WWE Network crashing and burning on Sunday night during this? I invited a bunch of buddies who are former WWE fans over to watch just for old times sake but if the network takes a shit I'm gonna look like Leaping Lanny Poffo instead of The Genius over here.

Have they had any major events that stress-tested this service yet? I bought in for 6 months back when it launched and haven't really tuned in outside of some random old PPVs I wanted to see.

It doesn't seem to be holding up even now, so I wouldn't get your hopes up for a stress-free experience.

Sblargh

Banned
Is "power of the cloud" still a viable joke? That's how I want to explain that the stream won't crash and burn.

Honestly, tho, I know Wrestlemania Today isn't the best judge, but I'm here on my third world internet going through a proxy to cheat Vince into thinking I'm an american and both the quality and speed are perfect.

Clear, crisp, HD image without a single hiccup the entire live thing.

mouserat

Neo Member

they do Main Event live on the Network every week and they did the NXT ArRival show on there too, and there are usually buffering problems, plus the NxT show had a blackout issue for a while.

honestly if you have buddies coming over I would just spring for the PPV for safety.

Rapstah

They're doing the 21 tombstones again? Not even mentioning how Triple H has three of them, that's going to get weirder and weirder as more of his first opponents die. I guess Gonzales and Boss Man are the only ones who are dead though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom