• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wrestlemania XXX Week |OT| We are all legit shook

Are you legit shook?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ultrazilla

My total mark predictions and comments:

Tag Team Champions The Usos vs. Los Matadores vs. The Real Americans vs. Ryback & Curtis Axel

Usos retain

Andre Battle Royale

Surprise entrant Ultimate Warrior wins the match.

The Shield vs. Kane & The New Age Outlaws

The Shield.

Daniel Bryan vs. Triple H
Daniel Bryan wins after interference from Stone Cold Steve Austin

Divas match

AJ

John Cena vs. Bray Wyatt

Wyatt wins. Feud continues.

The Undertaker vs. Brock Lesnar

Taker. After the match, lights go out and Sting descends from the rafters and points to Taker with his bat and then points to the Wrestlemania sign and says "31"

WWE World Heavyweight Champion Randy Orton vs. Batista vs. Bryan
Ref bump with Bryan down. CM Punk comes out through the crowd and enters the ring. Helps up Bryan to go for the pin but instead gives him the GTS and Punk pulls Batista over Bryan for the 3 count and we have our new Heavyweight Champion. The Authority come out clapping and Punk shakes their hands as they embrace in the middle of the ring standing over a fallen Bryan. NUCLEAR HEAT from the crowd.

Show end.

Hasney

Fuck you these are my predictions

Tag Team Turmoil - The Usos .

Battle Royale - Christian

Divas Everywhere - I will be urinating

The Shield vs Old Age Authority - Shield

Taker vs Lesnar - Undertaker

Bray vs Cena - Bray

Bryan vs HHH - Bryan

Orton vs Batista vs Bryan - Batista

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, yesterday's Wrestlemania 2 hour special was really good and comprehensive. Looking forward to tonight's coverage.

Aiii

So not worth it
Yeah, yesterday's Wrestlemania 2 hour special was really good and comprehensive. Looking forward to tonight's coverage.
I really enjoyed it too. AJ is on tonight, yay.

Also the live LoW is on tonight.

-----
2014-03-31-road-to-wrestlemania.jpg

Aiii

So not worth it
This has been obvious since they added the stipulation to his match. I think these peeps saying otherwise are straight trolling, friend.
There was a time WWE was all about swerving, but they stopped doing that over a year ago, now they just stock to their planned stories and the company is better for it.

Anth0ny

There was a time WWE was all about swerving, but they stopped doing that over a year ago, now they just stock to their planned stories and the company is better for it.

Exactly. Batista winning has always been the planned story ;)

Some people are gonna be so happy that the strap didn't go to Bryan for like 12 hours and then realize how much of a mistake that was. But nope, people just want that heat for dat short term satisfaction to what would be Finger-poke of doom levels, Lex Express Levels, Starrcade 97 levels, of pure undignified bullshit.

But naw, fuck that wimp and the people, I want my tattooed big bald fantasy to come true. Be careful what you wish for dingus!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Some people are gonna be so happy that the strap didn't go to Bryan for like 12 hours and then realize how much of a mistake that was. But nope, people just want that heat for dat short term satisfaction to what would be Finger-poke of doom levels, Lex Express Levels, Starrcade 97 levels, of pure undignified bullshit.

But naw, fuck that wimp and the people, I want my tattooed big bald fantasy to come true. Be careful what you wish for dingus!

It wouldn't be a mistake though! A Bryan title reign would not be anywhere as interesting as this chase.

YOU'RE GONNA EAT SHIT TOO DUNCAN!

BATISTA IS GOING OVER

OVER OVER OVER!

TAG ME IF I LOSE!

It wouldn't be a mistake though! A Bryan title reign would not be anywhere as interesting as this chase.

BATISTA IS GOING OVER

OVER OVER OVER!

TAG ME IF I LOSE!

YOU THINK YOU'RE SO GOOD? YOU THINK YOU'RE SO GOOD?

That chase has a godamn shelf life bro, and I'm absolutely positive no will give two shits about Bryan after Mania when he's in a mid-card fued with Alberto Del Rio as not champion. He will then be cast off into a montage of future HHH burials, just like Queen McMahon prophesied, I say fuck that prophecy and FUCK YOU (audience goes OOOHHH as JR apologizes for the classless remark)

Su9VM.gif

THIS IS YOUR GODAMN FUTURE HUNTER/ORTON/BATISTA

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
YOU THINK YOU'RE SO GOOD? YOU THINK YOU'RE SO GOOD?

That chase has a godamn shelf life bro, and I'm absolutely positive no will give two shits about Bryan after Mania when he's in a mid-card fued with Alberto Del Rio as not champion. He will then be cast off into a montage of future HHH burials, just like Queen McMahon prophesied, I say fuck that prophecy and FUCK YOU (audience goes OOOHHH as JR apologizes for the classless remark)

I agree it has a shelf life, but I think that's better extended by angles not involving the title but keeping it main event sized.

Batista beat Bryan and Orton at Mania, Bryan can jump into a 3 or 6 month feud with Orton or Haitch before coming back around, assuming Batista still has the belt. You can make this chase have its little detours and keep doing it all year until the next Mania.

I strongly, STRONGLY feel that if you give Bryan the title and let him hold it for any significant amount of time right after Mania, you're making a mistake. You don't get a second chance for a significant reign. We're lucky that they robbed him of the belt ASAP last summer, because this would be far less compelling if he had been champion for a significant amount of time previous.

Batista just needs the belt some amount of time before Guardians of the Galaxy opens. Preferally a day before, but probably a month before.

Maybe they can get Batista to paint his body green, too. That'll put butts in seats.

Hasney

I think I'd rather take an Orton retention over Batista. I'll watch the Raw after, but I'm likely done until Extreme Rules if Batista goes over. Still think (fear) he will.

Heel

Daniel Bryan will lose. Daniel Bryan will keep chasing. You will keep watching. The beat goes on, yeah, and the beat goes on.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
If anyone's gonna screw Batista out of the title, it'll be Thanos. I don't think Thanos will be at Mania so we're good.

Sephzilla

Give Bryan the belt at WM. Let him hold it for a few months, have him drop it to Batista at SummerSlam so Tattista can pimp it during his Guardians pressers. Then have Bryan win the Royal Rumble and have him win it again at WM next year the way they should have done it this year.

I agree it has a shelf life, but I think that's better extended by angles not involving the title but keeping it main event sized.

Batista beat Bryan and Orton at Mania, Bryan can jump into a 3 or 6 month feud with Orton or Haitch before coming back around, assuming Batista still has the belt. You can make this chase have its little detours and keep doing it all year until the next Mania.

I strongly, STRONGLY feel that if you give Bryan the title and let him hold it for any significant amount of time right after Mania, you're making a mistake. You don't get a second chance for a significant reign. We're lucky that they robbed him of the belt ASAP last summer, because this would be far less compelling if he had been champion for a significant amount of time previous.

Have the hottest, most over babyface in the last 10 years being denied the title for another year?

PxwMhvj.gif

It's like you think Bryan is gonna wrestle like Cena or some shit like that. You are gonna get some quality ass matches and generally a better product with Bryan as a fighting champion.

UberTag

I'm seeing a lot of people coming to their senses and joining the #NO team in the 11th hour.
Good for you! We have plenty of space on the bandwagon.

Sephzilla

Not giving Bryan the strap at WM would likely be the biggest mistake they've made in decades. At this point it's pretty clear that Bryan is the hottest thing they've had since Austin & Rock. I don't think even Cena reached this level.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Have the hottest, most over babyface in the last 10 years being denied the title for another year?

It's like you think Bryan is gonna wrestle like Cena or some shit like that. You are gonna get some quality ass matches and generally a better product with Bryan as a fighting champion.

But you'll get myfuckingratings.gif. Bryan needs a fantastic heel to spar with if his reign is going to be worth a shit. Remember Punk's year+ and how tepid that was? Gotta have the right competition.

I will say if Punk leaving was a work and he came back tonight to fuck over Bryan, then you could have a white hot feud. I don't see anything that any of the other main event guys can do to keep a Bryan reign interesting.

Not giving Bryan the strap at WM would likely be the biggest mistake they've made in decades. At this point it's pretty clear that Bryan is the hottest thing they've had since Austin & Rock. I don't think even Cena reached this level.

but you don't stop being over with the title, or without! Either you are over or you're not. He won't elevate the title and the title won't elevate him. It's a convenient excuse for motivation and it's going great. He has no other motivations, though. What then?

strobogo

Banned

BATISTA IS GOING OVER

OVER OVER OVER!

TAG ME IF I LOSE!

Imagine if Austin got screwed out of the title at WM14 and didn't get it until 15 and how pissed and annoyed and tired everyone would be by that point. But add 4 more hours a week of recaps on top of it. Did Austin winning the title hurt him?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Imagine if Austin got screwed out of the title at WM14 and didn't get it until 15 and how pissed and annoyed and tired everyone would be by that point. But add 4 more hours a week of recaps on top of it. Did Austin winning the title hurt him?

fucking logic
ibwpTMcsI34W2p.gif

Predictions (If I know my WWE!)

Tag Team Champions The Usos vs. Los Matadores vs. The Real Americans vs. Ryback & Curtis Axel

Winners - Ryback & Curtis Axel

Andre Battle Royale

Winner - Sheamus

The Shield vs. Kane & The New Age Outlaws

Winner - Kane & The New Age Outlaws

Daniel Bryan vs. Triple H

Winner - HHH

Divas match

Winner - My bladder

John Cena vs. Bray Wyatt

Winner - JOHN CENA

The Undertaker vs. Brock Lesnar

Winner - Taker

WWE World Heavyweight Champion Randy Orton vs. Batista vs. HHH

Winner - Batista

Now, outside Taker, one may say no fucking way. The crowd would go nuts, it makes no sense, that's terrible booking, why would they even do that?

If you've watched the product in the last 5-10 years, tell me those results are impossible. Maybe not probable..... but.....

Anywho, got the Network, looking forward to Wrestlemania!

Sephzilla

but you don't stop being over with the title, or without! Either you are over or you're not. He won't elevate the title and the title won't elevate him. It's a convenient excuse for motivation and it's going great. He has no other motivations, though. What then?

At some point you need to give your most over guy the strap and run with him. Imagine if Austin didn't get the strap when he did and everyone waited a year or two more before he was finally crowned, that would have been stupid.

His motivation would be to keep the belt away from all of the people who screwed him over in the first place, because they're obviously going to try to steal it away from him again right away. You have Batista, HHH, and Orton who'd all want another crack at Bryan. And Bryan's over enough as a super-face that maybe you could even do the long awaited Cena turn.

Alternatively, just make the story be that now everybody and their sister wants a crack at the title because they think it's easier to win the belt from a sub-6-foot 200 pounder versus someone like GassedTista or Orton.

But you'll get myfuckingratings.gif. Bryan needs a fantastic heel to spar with if his reign is going to be worth a shit. Remember Punk's year+ and how tepid that was? Gotta have the right competition.

I will say if Punk leaving was a work and he came back tonight to fuck over Bryan, then you could have a white hot feud. I don't see anything that any of the other main event guys can do to keep a Bryan reign interesting.

You underestimate Bryan's drawing power. His segments are consistently the higher parts of the show, even when he fueded with Wyatts so don't give me that HHH shit. People just want some fucking new blood with the title, just like how people SHAT on Orton/Cena at Rumble. Did that shit elevate the title Vince?

Then people stop caring because they don't believe he'll ever get the title. WWE has a balance to achieve, and it has to swing in Bryan's favor soon before people stop giving a shit. I don't think you can pull the chase out until Summerslam. There's no sense in it when you know he can pull out great championship matches against just about any defender. I know you want Batista to win, but the same can't be said. Batista has flopped as the "big time star" they wanted him to be. He popped one rating, hasn't done anything since that would convince anyone he could move big business. With Bryan as champion, that's still the unknown. They have no idea what it could mean.

I'm not saying Bryan keeps the title for a year, but you could easily stretch out his reign until Summerslam. It's not that hard when he's easy to work with.

Besides, mama and sis Danielson are in town. You think he flew them out to lose?

Striker

I don't get this. Is the company going to collapse if he doesn't win the title? There's no competition to them like it was in 1997. They went to Austin because he was the hottest thing going in the company and was becoming its biggest star. It also takes two to tango, thus aligning himself facing Mr. McMahon for the next few years. They need new blood in the main event. H's would be fine losing once, but a feud with Bryan for a year long or whatever isn't something I'm inclined to see. Orton could be that guy but they've wrestled a million times now and they've booked him worse than Swagger as champ.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm legit shook about the Austin analogy.

Now I'm doubting everything. Fuck's sake.

There's still an overwhelming amount of reasons why Bryan wouldn't win it all:

-- He has a previous match with Triple H
-- Gives Triple H the opportunity to beat him in the first match (won't happen)
-- Gives Triple H the opportunity to beat him down and soften him up/injure him to keep him from the belt
-- Batista signed on for a reason, will be promoting a movie
-- WWE hates its fans getting what they want
-- Bryan is little
-- Batista is huge
-- Orton is fine
-- Chasing the title as a face is THE BEST and easiest way to get someone over. It's done though.

I just don't know if the positives of Bryan winning outweigh the possible positives out of him losing.

Every boneheaded, backwards, shitty, screwjob decision by the WWE that was seemingly designed to piss all over the fans from the last 5 years was all a work set in motion so that, when we got to this point, a lot of us would think Bryan wasn't going over.

It's brilliant, I tell ya.

Scottify

I'm curious as to how many are watching via the Network and how many are watching through traditional PPV. I'm going to be watching it through the Network this year.

Sephzilla

Keeping Bryan in chase mode indefinitely will eventually turn people off just like "Same old crap" tires people of Cena.

I'm curious as to how many are watching via the Network and how many are watching through traditional PPV. I'm going to be watching it through the Network this year.

We're doing the Network with cable PPV as a backup

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Keeping Bryan in chase mode indefinitely will eventually turn people off just like "Same old crap" tires people of Cena.

We're doing the Network with cable PPV as a backup

Not if they book it right. Look at Cena/Wyatt. That's booked excellently and has no title involved. You can keep Bryan hot if you have a good rival for him to deal with. I daresay Triple H has been wonderful at being his foil. But who's next? I'm just going with Big Picture problems.

number47

Austin or Bastista interferes on Bryan behalf.or Bryan wins clean.
Then Bryan wins belt.
A)out comes punk to congratulate. Kicks him in the head for Vince. he gets special treatment like rock for main event next year title.
B)Bryan the fighting champion loses the belt to punk at wm. Punk quits (hopefully stays)with the belt.
C)Bryan wins.

They need something for summerslam.that fatal four way sounds good. A triple threat randy,punk,Bryan works too.
Not too sure about hhh still wrestling. If he keeps it up,it won't be as special and he will be a obvious filler. Like hhh vs punk.

Miracle.they start early for Austin vs punk. Or fine, punk has the title and Austin badmouths him enough for a wm fight. I can hope.

Sephzilla

I'd mark out if Austin came out to help Bryan beat HHH - a la how he helped Foley win the belt.

Not if they book it right. Look at Cena/Wyatt. That's booked excellently and has no title involved. You can keep Bryan hot if you have a good rival for him to deal with. I daresay Triple H has been wonderful at being his foil. But who's next? I'm just going with Big Picture problems.

Except all of Bryan's rivalries outside have circulated around someone getting in his way of the title. Eventually you need that payoff.

"Booking it right" is just like saying "Unless you make it good"

Of course you make it good you fool!

And the fact that we're talking about WWE does not convince me at all.

It's in the name, bro. The Higher Power has been missed long enough from TV, it's time to come back and take down he who spits in the face of all that is good for business.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Bryan will need more motivation either way.

number47

Just Wyatt. Cena has had nothing to prove for years.worse is that he never takes time off.so he's so overpushed there is nothing for him to do. Best thing was those three months of him gone. Characters were actually built.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom