• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wrestlemania XXX Week |OT| We are all legit shook

Are you legit shook?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently, the PC streams are ok, and I haven't had any issues on my iPad. Xbox app sucks so damn bad though. I want to watch this on my TV, not my computer or iPad.

Allforce

No cable here, so no backup plan in place. I guess if it shits the bed it shits the bed, free is free (for the most part anyways)

They're doing the 21 tombstones again? Not even mentioning how Triple H has three of them, that's going to get weirder and weirder as more of his first opponents die. I guess Gonzales and Boss Man are the only ones who are dead though.
"21 men have tried, and 21 men have failed!"

I feel like it's some kind of weird tax dodge to pretend he hasn't fought opponents multiple times at Mania.

Penguin

"21 men have tried, and 21 men have failed!"

I feel like it's some kind of weird tax dodge to pretend he hasn't fought opponents multiple times at Mania.

It's just simpler than trying to explain the actual number!

Oh yeah fought Triple H 3 times
And HBK twice
and Kane twice

Would be weird in a promo

I never had a single streaming problem on my PC or PS3 until this past Tuesday. Now it's constantly going back and forth. Color me worried.

WWE has to know that people like me who are, for the most part, very casual fans of today's product will not stick around for a product that doesn't deliver on the biggest night in the industry.

"21 matches, 15 men" (or however many that ends up being) is fine.

This is pro wrestling, a sport entirely based around lying. Of course they're going to manipulate the number to make it seem better. This is the company that overexaggerated the Wrestlemania 3 attendance number by like 20 thousand people lol and claimed andre the giant was undefeated for a decade.

This is pro wrestling, a sport entirely based around lying. Of course they're going to manipulate the number to make it seem better. This is the company that overexaggerated the Wrestlemania 3 attendance number by like 20 thousand people lol and claimed andre the giant was undefeated for a decade.
This does make me wonder what the attendance will be this Sunday. A new record for the Superdome is obvious, but are they going to "cook the books" all the way to 93,000 again? And how many in attendance will have health care?

markatisu

What are the Vegas odds on the WWE Network crashing and burning on Sunday night during this? I invited a bunch of buddies who are former WWE fans over to watch just for old times sake but if the network takes a shit I'm gonna look like Leaping Lanny Poffo instead of The Genius over here.

Have they had any major events that stress-tested this service yet? I bought in for 6 months back when it launched and haven't really tuned in outside of some random old PPVs I wanted to see.

I use Chrome and have not had a problem since launch, all week its been running smooth. Can't speak for other players but the PC version seems to be stable and smooth

Ithil

Fandango looks like a cool dude. I wonder how he is handling being used as the prime example of what a fad is.

He was in developmental for years and years, I'm sure he's just happy to be on the main roster, on TV regularly, touring the place and doing all these events.

This does make me wonder what the attendance will be this Sunday. A new record for the Superdome is obvious, but are they going to "cook the books" all the way to 93,000 again? And how many in attendance will have health care?

I'm pretty sure they cook the books for all the big WM attendances. I don't think they can get away with something as drastic as what they did for WM 3, but they definitely still fudge it.

They can still do something compelling with Bryan after he drops the belt in June or July, preferably to the MITB winner (still think Sheamus should be it and turn heel in the process of cashing it in and becoming part of The Authority), give Dave a chance for a face turn, beat Sheamus for the title in July just in time for the promotion and then get Bryan back in the title hunt in August for Summerslam when the GotG promotion is over with.

Austin wasn't ever a long term champion because the chase was always more interesting. Give Bryan his and the crowd's WrestleMania moment/pay off, have him hold it for a couple months, have him drop it and start the chase over.

WWE World Heavyweight Champion Randy Orton vs. Batista vs. Bryan
Ref bump with Bryan down. CM Punk comes out through the crowd and enters the ring. Helps up Bryan to go for the pin but instead gives him the GTS and Punk pulls Batista over Bryan for the 3 count and we have our new Heavyweight Champion. The Authority come out clapping and Punk shakes their hands as they embrace in the middle of the ring standing over a fallen Bryan. NUCLEAR HEAT from the crowd.

Show end.

This is pretty much the only way I'd be fine with it...

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
Look I know this isn't an ECW show or anything like that but, how bad would it seriously be if Bryan isn't getting the strap riot-wise? I'd like to think it won't be an actual riot but something's gonna happen.

Raw after mania will probably be 3 hours of non stop boos and Daniel Bryan chants. Probably a "Fuck You Vince" or two.

There's no way Bryan's going to lose though. (I know what my avatar says dammit)

Man the place must've been so dead when HHH won the title at Mania X-8.

People always put over the fact that Bret wrestled two matches but they seem to forget that he LOST one of them.

Bryan gonna do the impossible boy!!!

Chamber

love on your sleeve
they do Main Event live on the Network every week and they did the NXT ArRival show on there too, and there are usually buffering problems, plus the NxT show had a blackout issue for a while.

honestly if you have buddies coming over I would just spring for the PPV for safety.

At least the Main Event and NXT stuff archives right away. The problem with Wrestlemania is it won't be available On Demand for 30 days so if it screws up, you're basically SOL. That would be a nightmare for WWE.

strobogo

Banned
Man the place must've been so dead when HHH won the title at Mania X-8.

People always put over the fact that Bret wrestled two matches but they seem to forget that he LOST one of them.

Bryan gonna do the impossible boy!!!

People were actually pretty into Jericho/HHH. Way more than the revisionist history of Hogan/Rock killing the crowd would lead you to believe. It's not like 25 where Taker/HBK did kill the crowd and then HHH/Orton had a really boring match on top of it.

At least the Main Event and NXT stuff archives right away. The problem with Wrestlemania is it won't be available On Demand for 30 days so if it screws up, you're basically SOL. That would be a nightmare for WWE.

I believe that from WM on, PPVs are archived immediately.

People were actually pretty into Jericho/HHH. Way more than the revisionist history of Hogan/Rock killing the crowd would lead you to believe. It's not like 25 where Taker/HBK did kill the crowd and then HHH/Orton had a really boring match on top of it.

I believe that from WM on, PPVs are archived immediately.

Ehh never watched it, but the gall you must have to put that match on last tho. That's pretty boneheaded.

strobogo

Banned
Ehh never watched it, but the gall you must have to put that match on last tho. That's pretty boneheaded.

No one expected Rock/Hogan to end up how it did. You can't blame them for putting the title match on last, and the fans WERE really into it. But time has kind of written it off as a super underwhelming after the huge reaction of Rock/Hogan. It really wasn't. 25 though, they probably didn't know HBK/Taker was going to be so good, but the lay out of HHH/Orton was terrible no matter where it would have been on the show.

daemissary

I'm pretty sure Rumble and Chamber were 30 days because they didn't want the Network to cut down on their buys. Mania is taking place during the Network era so it should archive immediately.

At least I hope so, I have plans and was planning on watching later that night.

markatisu

WM will be available immediately, its the first PPV under the new PPV contracts that take WWE Network into account

I keep thinking Bryan Vs Triple H is going to go the way of Ultimate Warrior Vs hogan, double countout. So the main event is going to be a fourway match where anything is possible pretty much.

Hasney

"21 matches, 15 men" (or however many that ends up being) is fine.

Eh, if it's good enough for the POTUS when they're sworn in saying "I'm the XMB president" and always being wrong due to the non-consecutive term counting as 2 different presidents for the same man, I think we can let it slide for Taker.

Hasney

The three spots left on the jobber royal aren't filled yet?

Y2J, RVD and Nash #believe.

If there's no older guys, I can see Shield or Wyatts inserting themselves in. Wyatts only if they've had the Cena match, lost and then need to get their heat back.

KissVibes

Banned
The three spots left on the jobber royal aren't filled yet?

Y2J, RVD, and Alexander Rusev.

Rusev wins with a Big Show elimination.

Bad News Barrett may also be in one of the spots.

On Monday, I think we'll find out if RVD is a Paul Heyman guy or not. Somebody sure is and I'm leaning Fandango or Barrett.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom