• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wrestlemania XXX Week |OT| We are all legit shook

Are you legit shook?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KissVibes

Banned
Kenny is the one man the Cena has left to beat. He's the darkness that hangs over Cena's life.

Barrett? He's not allowed to wrestle any more. He's on permanent podium w/ gavel duty.

Vince likes him and didn't want him standing around doing nothing or in meaningless feuds, so they took that JBL and Cole Show gimmick and made it a thing. He'll wrestle again. I suspect they may re-do the Barrett vs Bryan feud but on a bigger scale while Batista is Champion.

Sblargh

Banned
Kenny is the one man the Cena has left to beat. He's the darkness that hangs over Cena's life.

Vince likes him and didn't want him standing around doing nothing or in meaningless feuds, so they took that JBL and Cole Show gimmick and made it a thing. He'll wrestle again. I suspect they may re-do the Barrett vs Bryan feud but on a bigger scale while Batista is Champion.

I actually think they are grooming him into heel comentator. Maybe to replace Jerry Lawler?

Hasney

Would be excellent if only 2 spots were filled, then someone looks like they've won... Until the podium raises and Barrett is afraid he's got some bad news. Then enters the ring and wins.

Barret and the Andre statue could be a great double act.

Takers streak will stay intact imo. TBH I only watch WWE now if my son cbf. I used to be a fan and was from the late 80's early 90's but my attention swayed when the 'Attitude' Era died.

I do miss the classic days of :

qef.gif

The so called superstars don't do it for me and they have even stopped touring my city when they tour Australia. Admittedly having diamond seats for the ' Global Warning ' show was good when The Rock vs Lesner vs HHH for the heavy weight title took place.

I actually think they are grooming him into heel comentator. Maybe to replace Jerry Lawler?

I just don't see a company as American as WWE would really put a British person on commentary. Regal's down on NXT which he's great at, but I don't think it's the image WWE wants though.

Too bad when Punk said he was done with wrestling, he'd be gone from the industry as a whole, because he'd be a fuck awesome heel commentator. I guess he wouldn't want Vince in his ear perhaps.

Bryan/Barrett had a really good match at Summerslam 2011, so I don't have a problem with that.

I can only imagine what that program can do for Barrett. Can you see that main-eventing PPVs? I remember when he was considered to break Taker's streak. Man.

strobogo

Banned
You know, that spot has been so over played for years that it lost a lot of its impact, but seeing it again for the first time in a while, that is the craziest bump in WWE history. There are so many ways that could have ended badly. If he was a few inches in any direction, he could have hit the edge of the table, gone kidney first into a monitor, or landed mostly on the floor. Just the idea that that even happened in a WWE setting is even crazier today.

Hasney

Maybe they should have the British announce team of Regal and Barret to replace the Spanish announce table for people to go through.

the last 3 spots are gonna be Rusev, and the return of Primo and Epico. They've been MIA for a long time, and this is a good way to bring them back

KissVibes

Banned
Would be excellent if only 2 spots were filled, then someone looks like they've won... Until the podium raises and Barrett is afraid he's got some bad news. Then enters the ring and wins.

Barret and the Andre statue could be a great double act.

Imagine if there were two podiums and the Andre one went up first and then Barrett followed? God, that'd be great. And take forever. But totally great.

Sblargh

Banned
You know, that spot has been so over played for years that it lost a lot of its impact, but seeing it again for the first time in a while, that is the craziest bump in WWE history. There are so many ways that could have ended badly. If he was a few inches in any direction, he could have hit the edge of the table, gone kidney first into a monitor, or landed mostly on the floor. Just the idea that that even happened in a WWE setting is even crazier today.

Right. It wasn't something that happened at every show with everyone, even Jeff Hardy stuff was in a reasonable controlled enviroment.

It's like, I'm glad it happened and I'm glad it won't happen again.

Always found it strange that Hogan, even as a face, would strangle people with his shirt!

Jesse Ventura would call him out all the time for his eye rakes and scratching people's backs. As a kid, I was always put off by the fact he was the only babyface who would never slap hands on his way to the ring.

Which Hogan/Warrior match did you watch?

Not sure why I vividly remember both hogan and warrior being knockout and a double countout proceeding and neither winning the match...maybe I am just imagining it.

I just see something like that happening in the bryan vs triple H match.

KissVibes

Banned
Jesse Ventura would call him out all the time for his eye rakes and scratching people's backs. As a kid, I was always put off by the fact he was the only babyface who would never slap hands on his way to the ring.

Hogan doesn't want to touch you disgusting people. It's bad enough he has to receive your unclean money.

strobogo

Banned
Not sure why I vividly remember both hogan and warrior being knockout and a double countout proceeding and neither winning the match...maybe I am just imagining it.

I just see something like that happening in the bryan vs triple H match.

You are definitely imagining it. Warrior pinned Hogan at WM6. Hogan pinned Warrior at Halloween Havoc 1998. There was a Sting/Warrior vs Hogan/Bret tag match on Nitro that was a no contest. That's it. Definitely no double count out.

Ithil

They can still do something compelling with Bryan after he drops the belt in June or July, preferably to the MITB winner (still think Sheamus should be it and turn heel in the process of cashing it in and becoming part of The Authority), give Dave a chance for a face turn, beat Sheamus for the title in July just in time for the promotion and then get Bryan back in the title hunt in August for Summerslam when the GotG promotion is over with.

Austin wasn't ever a long term champion because the chase was always more interesting. Give Bryan his and the crowd's WrestleMania moment/pay off, have him hold it for a couple months, have him drop it and start the chase over.

This is pretty much the only way I'd be fine with it...

Austin also wasn't ever a long term champion because the Attitude Era was full on hot potato time for the WWE title.

Sblargh

Banned
If Bryan retains until random RAW after Extreme Rules when people are feeling comfortable with him as champ, it will be good. Then it will be an actuall swerve instead of WWE being idiot and pissing off fans. Build Bryan as Super Bryan for a few months, then make something happen to shake that comfort zone.

Also, man, Ric Flair sucked on the roundtables you made 5 years ago, why put him in this one? I mean, damn, you got Steve Austin to come and wave his hand, pay him a bit extra and put him on the damn roundtable.

Edit: Damn, JBL: "didn't he called you a glorified stunt man on his book?"

Please unleash him more often!

Austin also wasn't ever a long term champion because the Attitude Era was full on hot potato time for the WWE title.

Of course there's that too... But that kind of goes with having a deeper world title and main event scene back then and it provided that "anything can happen" vibe of the era.

Ithil

010_WM30_set_04042014jg_0065.jpg

The scale of the set is frikkin insane. Look how tiny HHH and Stephanie are on the stage. And the Superdome itself still dwarfs the stage.

010_WM30_set_04042014jg_0065.jpg

The scale of the set is frikkin insane. Look how tiny HHH and Stephanie are on the stage. And the Superdome itself still dwarfs the stage.
Holy shit.

God bad news Barrett better be on the show. His shit eating grin every time he comes up is hysterical. I die laughing every time.

Hasney

Holy shit.

God bad news Barrett better be on the show. His shit eating grin every time he comes up is hysterical. I die laughing every time.

His music should hit at the start of a match and his podium start raising. Taking too long so the match just happens and by the end of it, he's touching the highest point of that massive set.

What do you guys think the order of the card will be?
Only 7 matches with 4 main events and 3 under cards makes it difficult to spread out.

1. Bryan vs HHH- sucks to start off with what should be the match of the night but they need a break and one of the main events should go here to spread out the card.
2. Shield vs Kane/NAO
3. Cena vs Wyatt- Cena is going to be this low on the card???
4. Battle Royale
5. Undertaker vs Brock
6. Diva shit show- crowd should calm down with this crap
7. Title match.

damn that's a small card for 4 hours.

Showaddy

They'll get the jobber royale & the diva's clusterfuck out of the way pretty early I reckon. Shield/Kane will be a later cool down match. I have no idea how they'll play Bryan/HHH though, they could have it right at the start or they could have it right before the main event and Bryan just stays in the ring.

Don't forget backstage and live performance shit (Kid Rock) that they'll more than likely have to give the crowd a resting period and fill plenty of time.

Hasney

These Stone Cold and Steve Austin rumors ate going to let me doen aren't they?

I have no idea what you just said, but Austin is at Wrestlemania.

Watching this Wrestlemania 26 and I still have no idea why Orton went over in that Legacy triple threat.

Hasney

Don't forget backstage and live performance shit (Kid Rock) that they'll more than likely have to give the crowd a resting period and fill plenty of time.

They'll probably even the Divas match go long. I imagine the snack stand will have a massive queue and they'll need some time to get through that.

styl3s

Only 7 matches with 4 main events and 3 under cards makes it difficult to spread out.

1. Bryan vs HHH- sucks to start off with what should be the match of the night but they need a break and one of the main events should go here to spread out the card.
2. Shield vs Kane/NAO
4. Battle Royale
5. Undertaker vs Brock
7. Title match.

Undertakers entrance will cover about 1.5 hours so don't worry.

HHH/Bry - 30 minutes
Shield/Kane+NAO - 20 minutes
Battle Royale - 30ish minutes
Undertaker vs Brock 35-40 minutes with the slow long undertaker intro
Diva Shit Show - 25-30 minutes
Main Event 30-40 minutes

Plus you figure a long video package for HHH/Bry, Wyat/Cena and Taker/Brock plus others combined will be around 30+ minutes and the inevitable promos they will run for the WWE network, Hogan cutting his promo and other various backstage stuff.

Kind of a small card but you can easily fill that time.

evil ways

Austin isn't a rumour, it's on WWE.com that he's in New Orleans for the HoF and WM. He was already seen at JR's show.

The other half of the rumor is that he's going to come out and call CM Punk out. Anybody expecting that or Punk even showing up, will be let down.

The most you'll get is either a backstage skit or him coming to the ring and doing his beer drinking thing to get the crowd hyped.

styl3s

I'm afraid I got some bad news Daniel but you have a another match.

*static*

* cult of personality plays*

Corprate man punk comes out
*Punk hits the ring*
*glass shatters*
Stone Cold: I got some bad news for you, you sum bitch.

Stone Cold/Punk get a tussle, Bry goes to win the title and on RAW the next night Punk calls out Stone Cold for a match at WM31. End of the night taker comes out and talks about how he's beat everyone in the business and the lights go off and you hear the sting monologue "When a mans heart is full of deceit, it burns up, dies and a dark shadow falls over his soul" and Sting comes out and challenges him to WM31.

Evening Musuko

Black Korea

2. Shield vs Kane/NAO
4. Battle Royale
5. Undertaker vs Brock
7. Title match.

They'll probably pad out the show with a Kid Rock performance and the Wrestlemania weekend vignettes. Plus I get the feeling the Andre battle Royale is going to take up quite some time. Wouldn't be surprised if we see an impromptu match though.

Anyway, here's what I think.

Andre Battle Royale
Shield vs NAO/Kane
Bryan vs HHH
Diva Battle Royale
Brock vs Taker
Cena vs Bray
Triple threat Main event

I'd have Bryan/HHH much later in the show, having the hottest match of the night as the opener makes no sense to me. I'd go...

Cena vs. Wyatt
Shield vs. Kane/NAO
Taker vs. Brock
Divas clusterfuck
Bryan vs. HHH
Andre Battle Royale
Bryan vs. Orton vs. Batista

styl3s

I'd have Bryan/HHH much later in the show, having the hottest match of the night as the opener makes no sense to me. I'd go...

Cena vs. Wyatt
Shield vs. Kane/NAO
Taker vs. Brock
Divas clusterfuck
Bryan vs. HHH
Andre Battle Royale
Bryan vs. Orton vs. Batista
Seems about right to me.

Gives Bryan just the right amount of time to rest. Although we all know he's going to come out and go berserk mode for about 2 minutes and then he going to get destroyed and thrown out of the ring for 10 minutes so Orton/Batista can have "their" match.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom