• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wrestlemania XXX Week |OT| We are all legit shook

Are you legit shook?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NastyBook

HHH was sitting in on meetings before he was dating Steph. He was champion and top heel before he was dating Steph. Vince was PISSED when he found out they were dating. He eventually got over it. HHH's death run would have happened regardless because he was already in a good spot with Vince and was the last top guy from the Attitude Era on Raw.
Ahh, gotcha. Was just wondering how he got in so well to be in the spot he's in now. He does heel so well, it made me wonder how much of that could be the actual man.
BkhCS3zCMAAmDrw.jpg
One more match. One more commentary.

The Usos - Obvious face team team retains titles.
AJ Lee - Could be Naomi but i'm going with the overcoming odds booking.
Big shoe - Would have went with Cesaro. Hoping for Ziggler.
Corporate Kane & New Age Outlaws - Sets up rematch at ER.
John Cena - Cena is bringing the shovel. Bray gets a win at ER.
The Undertaker - 22-0
Daniel Bryan - Triple H lost is shovel at the airport
Daniel Bryan - Bootista will lay down 90% of the match. Orton better step up and deliver. We know they can have a good match.

Vylash

Okay so Mania predictions:

Clusterfuck Battle Royal #1: Rusev's got this, NEMYNYA

The Usos vs The Real Americans vs Rybaxel vs Los Matadores As much as I'd love to see The Real Americans win it,and as much as they deserve it, The Usos will unfortunatly retain and The Real Americans will probably split up tonight or tomorrow.

Clusterfuck Battle Royal #2 I want AJ to win, but I think they'll probably put it on Naomi...ugh

The Shield vs Kane and The New Age Outlaws The Shield are gonna beat the piss out of these guys

The Undertaker vs Brock Lesnar This will be a great match, but Taker will still win

John Cena vs Bray Wyatt Wyatt's got this...I think...I hope...please

Triple H vs Daniel Bryan the yes movement cannot be stopped

Randy Orton vs Batista vs Triple H or Daniel Bryan THE YES MOVEMENT CANNOT BE STOPPED

Hasney

Just finished watching the F1 and it was the best race in about 5 years. Hoping for more of the same from Wrestlemania now to make this an awesome day!

Nuklear

Banned
You guys think Jake is one of the 3 secret entrants in the royale tonight? He said last year his ultimate goal was the 14 rumble. Obviously that didn't happen.

I'm going with Roberts, Rusev, and Nash.

I hope one is Carlito. The dude should be back in the WWE. They let Orton get away with all sorts of shit over the years so there is no excuse for not giving Carlito another chance.

DMczaf

Out of Warrior, Hall and Jake....I think Warrior is the only one that can take the over the top rope bump right now.

Rapstah

I hope one is Carlito. The dude should be back in the WWE. They let Orton get away with all sorts of shit over the years so there is no excuse for not giving Carlito another chance.

If you're using Orton as the measuring stick, nothing WWE will ever do is going to make sense.

Sheroking

The Usos vs Other teams.
Just makes sense to keep the momentum going with the young team.

Big Show in the Andre Memorial Battle Royal
I think this is more for sentiment and getting guys on the card than giving anyone a real push, and Show fits thematically better than anyone.

The Shield over Kane and the New Age Outlaws
To me, this was about giving the Outlaws one last stand and that's the only reason it exists. Reigns pins one of them after superman punches and a spear, it'll be little more than a squash.

Bray Wyatt over John Cena
I'm going against the grain and gonna say it'll be a clean win, too, setting up a longer term storyline where Cena questions his ability. I expect a post-win beatdown by Harper and Rowan.

Undertaker over Brock Lesnar
Like I need to explain this. I think it'd be cool if, during the Undertaker's usual 22-0 celebration, he's interrupted with a Sting promo or a creepy video of a Scorpion killing a mouse or something on the titantron.

Daniel Bryan over HHH
It'll be the best match of the night and probably one of the best of the year. Half way expect the offense to be 70/30 for Trips, but Bryan will win. CM Punk run in? Who knows, he's apparently been spotted in NOLA.

Daniel Bryan over Orton and Batista
They have no choice, and for good reason. Bryan ends the show leading 75k in a giant Yes chant, belt in each hand.

Surprises?

Rock and Austin share stage time in a segment. It only makes sense with this being a round number mania to pay tribute to those three amazing matches they had. 10% of all Wrestlemania's were headlined by Rock and Austin together, so a fun segment plus an obligatory stare down would be cool.

Piper does something to Mr T, gets leg dropped by Hogan.

Aiii

So not worth it
I do really hope they end up setting up and doing Punk vs Austin for next year. I know it's a long shot, but even if the match is mediocre, that build up should be so much fun!

strobogo

Banned
Orton wasn't strung out on pills and refusing to go to rehab, so the comparisons with him and Carlito are weird. Carlito didn't leave/get fired because of his attitude.

Sheroking

I do really hope they end up setting up and doing Punk vs Austin for next year. I know it's a long shot, but even if the match is mediocre, that build up should be so much fun!

I just don't think CM Punk deserves it, as a performer or as a person.

It's money, though, so if Austin is game, WWE would be.

Aiii

So not worth it
I just don't think CM Punk deserves it, as a performer or as a person.

It's money, though, so if Austin is game, WWE would be.
He's one of the best promos in all of history and has great ring psychology, why would he not deserve it as a performer?

As far as as a person? This is a guy that bought an entire house to help out a friend, what a dick he must be.

Sorry to get defensive, but come on. If you don't like the guy because he doesn't speak to you, that's fine, but to say he's undeserving as a person? That's just weird.

Sheroking

He's one of the best promos in all of history and has great ring psychology, why would he not deserve it as a performer?

As far as as a person? This is a guy that bought an entire house to help out a friend, what a dick he must be.

Sperry to get defensive, but come on. If you don't like the guy because he doesn't speak to you, that's fine, but to say he's undeserving as a person? That's just weird.

I feel like he's phoned it in since last Wrestlemania. I feel like his promos take a significant step back everytime he's forced to indulge a storyline and not just shoot, which he was allowed to do FAR too much.

As a person, he could be an amazing guy to his friends, but he's aloof and arrogant in almost every setting I've ever seen or heard him in out of character. He walked out on the company, and by extension his fans, because he thought he should main event and to me, that's not something I can respect.

For the biggest star in history to come out of retirement and wrestle again for the first time in 12 years I feel like the guy he's doing it for should be better than Punk is in more ways than one.

So how long until Wrestlemania starts this year? I'm asking for a T- to avoid time zone issues, haha. And how much of the pre-show will be actual matches? The final hour or so?

Mengetsu

Sorry to get defensive, but come on. If you don't like the guy because he doesn't speak to you, that's fine, but to say he's undeserving as a person? That's just weird.

But Aii he walked out! And we should treat him as such like we treat Stone Cold Steve Austin for walking out back then also. They don't deserve nothin!/Sarcasm

But yes people are going to say he left took the ball home ect ect without knowing what was going on back there. Everything he has done is invalid now and he deserves nothing. Let's see someone doing a job they don't like anymore and stick it out for longer than Punk did and stay at there. If anything it was for the better cause he needed rest and people lower on the card get a chance to show who they are. This will be forgotten in a year or two. Punk will have his coming to Jesus talk with someone by then and he will be back.

So how long until Wrestlemania starts this year? I'm asking for a T- to avoid time zone issues, haha. And how much of the pre-show will be actual matches? The final hour or so?

Eastern Standard Time:

Pre-show 5 p.m.
Fatal Four Way pre-show match: 6 p.m. (The Usos (Jimmy and Jey Uso) (c) vs. Los Matadores (Diego and Fernando) vs. The Real Americans (Cesaro and Jack Swagger) vs. Ryback and Curtis Axel)
Wrestlemania : 7 p.m.

Sheroking

But Aii he walked out! And we should treat him as such like we treat Stone Cold Steve Austin for walking out back then also. They don't deserve nothin!/Sarcasm

But yes people are going to say he left took the ball home ect ect without knowing what was going on back there. Everything he has done is invalid now and he deserves nothing. Let's see someone doing a job they don't like anymore and stick it out for longer than Punk did and stay at there.

Stone Cold apologized to Vince McMahon and his fans multiple times when he came back, has admitted he was wrong to do it that way, and frankly, CM Punk is not nor has he ever been Stone Cold Steve Austin.

TxdoHawk

Alright, I had a giant burrito, I'm ready.

It'll never happen, but if they let Bork Laser break the streak, of all people...the heat would be nuclear. Just imagine the reaction.

Mengetsu

Stone Cold apologized to Vince McMahon and his fans multiple times when he came back, has admitted he was wrong to do it that way, and frankly, CM Punk is not nor has he ever been Stone Cold Steve Austin.

But who is to say Punk wouldn't do the same if or when he comes back? Bah who knows I'm not worried about it anyway. If he comes back great if not the world keeps going.

Also WWE.com Hall Of Fame Backstage Videos are up: http://www.wwe.com/videos/playlists/wwe-hall-of-fame-class-of-2014-exclusive-videos

C.Dark.DN

Banned
CM Punk can apologize. He's also not a wife beater. Your attacks on his character for getting a Stone Cold match are really out of place...

JustinBB7

But yes people are going to say he left took the ball home ect ect without knowing what was going on back there. Everything he has done is invalid now and he deserves nothing. Let's see someone doing a job they don't like anymore and stick it out for longer than Punk did and stay at there. If anything it was for the better cause he needed rest and people lower on the card get a chance to show who they are. This will be forgotten in a year or two. Punk will have his coming to Jesus talk with someone by then and he will be back.

Did people not see him at Talking Dead? Just show them that.

I think the entire locker room talked about how healthy and rested he looked. He should have quit after they turned him face and left Heyman, he got so boring after that happened.

kurbaan

Banned
HHH was sitting in on meetings before he was dating Steph. He was champion and top heel before he was dating Steph. Vince was PISSED when he found out they were dating. He eventually got over it. HHH's death run would have happened regardless because he was already in a good spot with Vince and was the last top guy from the Attitude Era on Raw.

He probably got mad because it went from HHH sucking his dick to steph doing the same to HHH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom