• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wrestlemania XXX Week |OT| We are all legit shook

Are you legit shook?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I guess the reason Big Show gets those random chances to ruin main events is because he constantly laughs at everybody's bad jokes

Edit: I need to find Warriors speech uncensored. Broken promises Vince, broken promises

Sblargh

Banned
I think the feed had some minutes of delay, those things were edited while still "live".
I think on the red carpet Randy Orton joked about 7 minutes delay.

But afaik what they censored was curse words and when Warrior said WWF instead of WWE.

Hasney

I think the feed had some minutes of delay, those things were edited while still "live".
I think on the red carpet Randy Orton joked about 7 minutes delay.

But afaik what they censored was curse words and when Warrior said WWF instead of WWE.

Oh, that's cool then. The way I read it about Jake up there was that it was edited for time rather than a few bleeps. I was expecting to have chunks of speech that were shown live, but wouldn't be shown on the on demand version.

antonz

All those stories about wrestling taking over your life. I felt Ric Flair actually had no life outside of it, like, ever. He never went into the phase where he had to stop wrestling and so started with booze and drugs; he just kept doing it. Kinda like Hogan, actually. Those guys could have dropped out of the ring into backstage work any time they wanted, but they just kept going.

I think that is part of the problem for Flair. You always hear stories even while he is in debt to the tunes of hundreds of thousands living the nature boy gimmick spending money like he has a vault full treating people to drinks,dinners,nights on the town etc.

He has never separated himself from wrestling. Even at the legends panel he quickly pointed out how it was WWE that forced him to retire even though he didn't want too.

Flair is almost like those its real to me damn it people.

mjontrix

Oh my god lol!

ximn1Wn.jpg

OMG it all makes sense!

Like Hogan desperately clinging onto his WM heritage I’m returning to WM myself in the form of prediction time, what do you mean no one remembers old Owl’s prediction time? I passed the torch to Aiii at some stage I’m sure in a fashion as genuine as last years Rock/Cena encounter.
Anyway WM season is perfect time for a part time wrasslegaffer to get gassed typing up a wrasslin’ of words.

Fatal Four-Way Tag-Team Match: The Uso’s (c) vs. Los Matadores vs. The Real Americans vs. Rybaxel
It was back at a pre show a few manias ago where I discovered that the Uso duo weren’t anywhere near as bad as I thought they were, I never thought they’d last in the era of no tag teams that they spawned from but they endured and I think they’ve earned the belts. Alas the tag team focus of the current period goes in and out and this isn’t exactly a stellar lineup of teams, or perhaps the jobberiffic appearance of Los Matadores is that distracting (though they are tag vets Primo and Epico so I guess it’s not so bad). Rybaxel are a tag team formed of failed pushes, it’s an almost bittersweet combo but I do like wrestlers keeping themselves somewhat relevant by having a makeshift tag team thrown together, works for Kofi Kingston and look how long he’s lasted.
Real Americans are a bright spot, Cesaro is potentially on the verge of a break out run but I don’t so quickly forget Swags who is a solid hand in the ring and Zeb has been a great manager over the last year. Though with Cesaro looking to ascend soon and the seeds of dissention planted within the tag team I don’t see them winning this one. I’m looking to the Uso duo to retain which is fine by me.
If this match isn’t a tornado style fatal four way and instead utilizes that stupid as hell two people in the ring only formula then its quality has just dropped greatly and I’d rather have left out Los Jobberdores and Paul Heyman’s rejected guys.

Wrestlemania payday Battle Royal utilising Andre the Giant for WM relevance
It must suck to be an upper midcarder with something resembling a storyline to be thrown into the realm of jobbers, I’d have thought that Sheamus/Christian and ADR/Mr Ziggles were building towards something a bit more interesting than spot filling but hey it’s not like we haven’t seen those guys fight over and over anyway.
Rey Mysterio will probably reinjure himself running down the ramp, booyaka booyaka 911 as they say, Big E is afflicted by the IC title curse where it works as a detriment to the holder, I kind of feel that The Rhodes Brothers should be swapped out with Los Matadores but oh well.
Kofi Kingston may not have any ladders to spot monkey his WM events with anymore but he now exists for this type of match up though I’m not sure where he goes after his Rumble survival spot, perhaps I can repackage my old idea of a roaming Bad News Barrett podium for him to grasp onto, speaking of Barrett will he ever wrestle again? I had such high hopes and I wont even get him lobbing insults at this matches participants.
Ah but I’m ignoring the elephant in the ring, Big Show’s bland presence seems like an easy choice for a winner with the whole Giant thing, time for him to get Wrestlemania moment number 2 (possibly at Cody’s expense once more).
….wait, is that Brad Maddox in the line up? Oh snap, business has just picked up.
Oh fuck it, I’m going with Sheamus for no real reason because nuts to Big Show.

The Shield vs. Korporate Kane and The Corporate Outlaws
I never thought Shield would make it round to another Wrestlemania as a group but here we are and I’m pretty chuffed about this, constantly delivering enjoyable tag matches for well over a year and I imagine this match will be a swift and snappy encounter that’s over a touch too soon but enjoyable none the less.
Kane has done good work with the Shield in the past so I feel safe in saying that he’ll put in a solid showing without having to resort to my inner Kane mark for justification, Korporate Kane as a gimmick though is sorely disappointing though, even I have to accept this. The NAO are of course getting on a bit to the point that the current incarnation of Kane complete with abs that make Soulplaya swoon (who wouldn’t?) looks as fresh as a daisy by comparison but I also think they’ll be able to put on a decent performance here with a brief match time likely.
Anyway The Shield go over team Attitude Era, Rollins flips all over the place, Ambrose pulls funny faces and Reigns spams his limited moveset but I’ll get hype anyway.

Obligatory Divas encounter
I’d have called it the piss break match if everyone else hadn’t wisely beaten me to the punch many times here already and even I’m getting tired of referring to them as such, I mean almost every month diva matches are always a timed toilet trip tussle or sandwich slicing showdown and it’d be a nice change if that wasn’t the case for a change because I need to think up some new alternative names for this dreck.
Oh so the gimmick here is unholy clusterfuck and paycheck battle royal part 2, equal opportunity edition. Horrid memories of WM25’s diva match are flooding back, crumbs we could even have the unwanted return of the Kid Rock medley. That tribute to the divas would be won by a man in drag, surely it doesn’t get much worse than that right? Well this one could be won by a dense dead eyed doll whose hair looks like part of a cheap cosplay ensemble so that might actually be worse.
So I guess I’d rather have AJ retain and then we get to continue this recurring AJ vs Total Diva thing for another 6 months or so, yippee.
I’ll just hold out hope I get to see one of Alicia Fox’s crater kicks on a Bella Twin.

John Cena vs. Bray Wyatt

Seeing Cena removed from a title or main event match at Wrestlemania is like an anomaly my mind is struggling to comprehend, the future of WWE has to go through him and let me just say right now that I don’t think the creepy cultist is going to one up Super Cena at Mania of all places.
Ideally I’d sooner see Bray win yet I doubt a loss will impact him as negatively as some seem to assume it will.
I don’t actually have much to say on this one, I’m still not entirely sold on Bray as a top guy yet and view him simply having a match against Cena at WM as a rub unto itself win or lose. Cena can deliver if he’s arsed to so hopefully Bray doesn’t get “miz’d” like WM27.
Cena has to overcome the odds of fear and a new generation coming to take his top spot, can he possibly overcome these new odds?! Of course he can, lol Cena wins.

The Undertaker vs. Brock Lesnar

The long rumoured match up has finally taken shape with some shoddy build up and my thoughts on the match itself are pretty similar to that of long ago, can old man Taker even take a Lesnar beating these days? How are they going to sell his best pure striker waffle against Lesnar of all people? Surely Lesnar’s inevitable defeat is going to look a touch silly and so on.
Don’t get me wrong, I’m a big fan of Taker and he’s been a WM highlight for a number of years including last year yet I always doubt his ability as his age increases and his yearly match schedule dwindles to that of a single hands digits, perhaps he absorbs youthful powers from Michelle McTaker needed to wrassle it up each year.
I get the feeling this one either surprises me with its quality or it just underwhelms, there is no middle of the road here. In either case Heyman should pull some great expressions like last year, Brock will make menacing bird calls and Taker will gimmick up a memorable entrance addition.
The streak stays intact.

Daniel Bryan vs. Triple H
It’s been too long since I last got to watch Heel Trips in action. As a face Triple H feels like a bit of a farce, some guy who is desperate for crowd pops by spamming taunts, whose entire angle of cerebral assassinating and sledgehammer shenanigans is undermined by being the hero of the stories and ultimately he’s someone who just isn’t as big a face as he’d like to think he is.
As a heel though HHH is in his element, he can revel in dickery, leverage burying time and punch dudes in the dick instead of directing the crowd to his own via a crotch chop for half hearted cheers.
Bryan has been on quite a ride since Summerslam and despite this match up looking like a hasty replacement to CM Punk’s departure it actually works out a lot better story wise since Bryan has been screwed for months now by our great leader. With both players performing their roles well and drawing the crowd in this is the first time I’ve anticipated a HHH mania match in quite some time which is certainly something.
As amusing as Ultimate H going over here and in the main event would be it’d also be completely stupid, if WWE want a genuine WM moment then it’s time for Bryan’s chase for the title to end successfully tonight and this here is the first step by going over the Game.
After all with the feel good moment of a decade ago not feeling quite so good now courtesy of the whole double murder suicide deal (still my fave WM main event though!) we could use a new one.

WWE World Heavyweight Title Match: Randy Orton vs. Batista vs. Daniel Bryan
So I’m going with Bryan as the third participant, I’m also thinking Hunter clocks him with a hammer before the match gets underway giving him some time to rest and build up a super comeback. In the meantime we could hopefully get a glimpse at the crowd shitting on the match as one would hope for back when this was still a singles match no one wanted to see.
Orton comes across like he’s just along for the ride at this point and happens to be the champ, shades of goofy Orton as of late as well which is one of the best variations on Orton. Batista is depleting the good will he earned from his heel run of 2009-2010, his slow burn turn is lacking much bite which hasn’t helped matters nor has his dismal state of being swiftly gassed in the shortest of matches, luckily a triple threat gives him plenty of opportunities to take a kip on the mat outside the ring, wheezing away in his pit of danger.
Orton and Bryan can bring it, Batista is the weak link here in my eyes and his sloppiness could be detrimental to the match. I need the Batista who surprised the shit out of me back at WM23 to turn up on Sunday night and if he does then this could be a pretty fun time after all.
Bryan wins via knee to the face of the WWE, Batista can then complain on Raw about how he was never pinned and get what he loves most, a rematch.

Boy WM30 almost looks somewhat respectable after the last three WM events, I expect many a video package and backstage segment fluff to cut into vital match time and make me grouchy. Hogan will be brothering away on the mic at some stage as well so I’ll need to make my peace with that as well. Otherwise this could be decent and with the right ending maybe even good, maybe.

Striker

Were they trying to be kayfabe during the pre-speech interviews? Roman and Hogan were talking for it, but then you hear Cole tell Fandango there's a "real" dancer here now. Anyway, sounds like Jake's speech is really good so I'm gonna look for that. And Warrior's of course.

Xater

Were they trying to be kayfabe during the pre-speech interviews? Roman and Hogan were talking for it, but then you hear Cole tell Fandango there's a "real" dancer here now. Anyway, sounds like Jake's speech is really good so I'm gonna look for that. And Warrior's of course.

It's Warrior though so expect his speech to be a bit rambly.

Sblargh

Banned
They are kayfabe when it makes sense, I guess. Like to hype their own matches.

You won't see Cena ever go: "Yeah, me and Bray were just now talking about how the match will go. He has some pretty good ideas for some spots that will blow you guys away".

Good stuff Owl!

Anyways it's WrestleMania day guys! Yay!

Tomorrow, by this time, we will have a new Divas champion!

KissVibes

Banned
Prediction time!

Fatal Four-Way Tag-Team Match: The Usos' win and Real Americans break up. I'm going with Cesaro AND Zeb turning face leaving Swagger to rot on Superstars.

Andre the Giant Battle Royale: Final four men in the ring are Ziggler, Big Show, RVD, and Alexander Rusev. RVD takes out Ziggler, Big Show KOs RVD out of the ring, and Rusev does a couple heel kicks before tossing Show out.

The Shield vs. Libertarian Kane ft. The Old Fucks: The Shield wins in a match that's too long. Maybe Ambrose turns heel. Reigns spears the skeleton shit outta Kane for the win.

VICKY GUERRERO'S DIVA INVITATIONAL SPONSORED BY THE E! NETWORK: Part of me believe AJ is winning and will lose against the person she pins tomorrow on RAW, the other part of me says Natalya wins it and Summer Rae is her big feud until SummerSlam.

John Cena vs. Bray Wyatt: They Wyatt's will do everything they can to win but that darn John Cena is just will himself to victory for us fans! The only person beating Cena clean in the near future are Batista and Roman Reigns. MAYBE Bryan.

Daniel Bryan vs. Triple H: Triple H wins via bullshit, probably the use of an actual shovel to Bryan's head provided by Steph. Vince McMahon makes the main event a Fatal Four Way.

The Undertaker vs. SQUWAK Lesnar: This match is going to be worse than the worse parts of Undertaker streak matches. Old man can't take the hurt Brock can give, it'll be a lot of slow paced shit.

Brock will not win.

Triple H vs. Randy Orton vs. Batista vs. Daniel Bryan: Evolution team up knocks Bryan out for most of the match. Recovers near the end to stop Triple H from pinning Orton but still eats a nearly-botched Batista Bomb and does Batista the favor.

• Bryan vs Triple H II announced for Extreme Rules tomorrow.
  • John Cena will face Randy Orton for number one contendership
  • Paul Heyman debuts his new client
  • AJ leaves until Payback
  • RVD and Christian start a feud BUT OH WAIT SHEAMUS AND DEL RIO WANT IN
  • Bray Wyatt harasses Ziggler, goes after the IC or US title
  • Someone from NXT debuts. Probably Sami.

VICKY GUERRERO'S DIVA INVITATIONAL SPONSORED BY THE E! NETWORK: Part of me believe AJ is winning and will lose against the person she pins tomorrow on RAW, the other part of me says Natalya wins it and Summer Rae is her big feud until SummerSlam.

People like to joke about this match a lot. But remember this is wrestlemania, they are not just going to have a throw away divas contest for no reason. Since they put it together, I expect something big to happen.

Remember this is an invitational, but every Diva was entered into it. To me that can only mean one thing, which is that Vicky has invited somebody special to enter. After all, why call it an invitational otherwise? It wouldn't make sense.

So who is it that will enter? Obviously it has to be a surprise and it needs to be somebody big. I think it is no coincidence that the WWE has been going nowhere with the Divas division. They have just been treading water, waiting for this moment to reveal the big return.

I see it playing out in only one way. Through some usual diva action, it comes down to AJ Lee and Tamina in the ring together. They square off against each other with AJ trying to order Tamina to lie down. Finally, she refuses to do so, hitting AJ with a giant kick to the leg, dropping her down on the floor ready for the pin.

Just as we are about to have a new champion, some music hits. It is Kelly Kelly, making her triumphant return!

She immediately runs to the ring and slowly climbs through the ropes. She then proceeds to jump onto Tamina, bringing her to the ground so she can rain down a series of slaps onto her.

With Tamina taken out, she then runs the ropes to escape the now recovered AJ. Because of the speed that she does this, she is able to avoid AJ's kick and rolls her up for the 1.2.3.

Now there is your wrestlemania moment. So sorry for spoiling it to those on GAF, but I think people will really be surprised at the event and don't be surprised if "this is awesome" doesn't come out for a good period after.

Oh and good luck following that Cena. You might be able to roll up Wyatt so hard he turns back into Husky Harris for the clean win. But it'll not be executed anywhere near as good.

Here we go guys, when I wake up its gonna be time for Wrestlemania!!!!

Day off work, PPV booked, chips, snacks and drink ready, we're having a WM party!

I can't help myself, I'm legit excited, my boy D-Bry got this, pleeeeeeeease let my boy D-Bry got this. It needs to happen. Cooooooooooome on Daniel Bryan!

After he wins the title, 80 thousand fans screaming YES! YES! YES! as the confetti and balloons and wrestlers hit the ring in celebration. Please give us this Daniel Bryan WM moment.

OWLS4mX.gif

YES! YES! YES!

Ithil

I can see Tamina hitting the splash in the Divas match, then AJ kicking her and breaking the pin, then pinning whoever Tamina hit the splash on to win the match.

Moodmon

Neo Member
For the first time ever I have ordered a PPV. I am not sure how I will stop myself posting dodgy gifs with it happening at midnight in the UK, or if I can keep myself awake till 4am.

Hoping to hear lots of yes chants to keep me awake. In the meantime, where is the line I have to stand in to shake everyone's hand?

Coins

Banned
Cena is going to lose to Wyatt.

DB will win and when the confetti is flowing, Cena is going to come out and destroy him.

=)

I will giggle if they screw this up, which wouldn't surprise me if they did.

If DB gets his moment in the sun, i think it would be comical if he didn't end up getting the reception he could have gotten 3 - 5 months ago.

Kaladin

I'm watching the Hall Of Fame stuff and started up the Hall of Fame red carpet. This is so weird. It's in character and not at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom