• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE '13 |OT| Austin 3:16 says, I just whooped your *bleeped for PG*

the time for reversal is pretty fucking small, and trying to do some odd tasks to have attitude moments to get unlocks gets pretty tedious. No fun playing a tag much 10 minutes longer than needed because someone won't tag their partner you need to pin.

Game finally comes out in NZ today, I'm looking forward to it.

Despite loving games and wrestling, I haven't purchased a wrestling game at launch since Day of Reckoning 2 on GameCube and the only actual one I've played at all since then was Allstars.

CM Punk cover and the promise of Daniel Bryan winning things has made me get on board! The D-Bry related achievement was the absolute sealing of the deal.

Will be interesting to see how I like the game or not, hopefully I do.

Fox Mulder

This is my first wrestling game in forever, but goddamn all the reversals. The computer does it endlessly, while the timing I get is short as hell.

Is there anyway to turn this down just a bit?

Petrie

Banned
Playing Attitude Mode, got to
the wrestlemania match between Austin and Michaels and I have to do the "attitude moment", but it doesn't tell me anything about what I need to do or how to make it happen.
help please?

So, being new to the series, I'm a bit confused by the Universe Mode. I noticed the game automatically sets up the cards. Is that the preferred method of proceeding? Or do most people customize each card with their own matches?

Also, is it possible to play through Universe Mode only using a selected Roster? I stopped watching WWE after 2000/2001 so I have no interest in using the new wrestlers sans Brock, CM, and a couple others. I'd rather just use the Attitude Era cast + CAWs.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Playing Attitude Mode, got to
the wrestlemania match between Austin and Michaels and I have to do the "attitude moment", but it doesn't tell me anything about what I need to do or how to make it happen.
help please?

If I recall, the HBK/Austin match Attitude Moment...actually 90% of the Attitude Moments......... is a ref bump. When you wear HBK down a cut scene will start. You have to do a QTE button press to KO the ref. This allows Tyson to make the count.

You don't have to spoiler tag stuff like that. That shit happened 15 years ago.

elektrixx

Banned
For those playing along in Australia, there's this:

A6sl8-vCIAIgTN3.jpg:large

I haven't played a WWE title since the mid-2000's so I don't know if that's new.

Petrie

Banned
If I recall, the HBK/Austin match Attitude Moment...actually 90% of the Attitude Moments......... is a ref bump. When you wear HBK down a cut scene will start. You have to do a QTE button press to KO the ref. This allows Tyson to make the count.

You don't have to spoiler tag stuff like that. That shit happened 15 years ago.

I figured it had to do with the Tyson count, but nothing ever happened with a QTE.

Thanks!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Psycho Sid was from Sidney

I hope

Nope.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
If we download a CAW in this game will it come with entrance music?

Unfortunately no. If you have...WWE The Music Vol 2 you can rip it to your 360 or download it on PS3 and add it to Sid's entrance for the real thing.

Giard

Unfortunately no. If you have...WWE The Music Vol 2 you can rip it to your 360 or download it on PS3 and add it to Sid's entrance for the real thing.

Can we put MP3s on a USB drive and add it to the 360 that way? Or do we have to burn them on a CD before?

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
But do you have to set that up every time? The playlist that is.

As long as you save it on the PC side, it should be fine. Just make sure the 360 is shared on the Windows side, and on the 360 you'd go Music Library -> PC name -> Saved Playlists.

dubq

No it is still there. You gotta stand near it and press B (on the 360 version, not sure if it would be circle on ps3). Still trying to get the hang of it because sometimes the wrestler will want to grab thin air. You might need to hold it or tap it. Regardless, the feature is still there.

Ahh, thanks! I was using L1 since it's usually the same button used for weapon interactions.

---

This is my first wrestling game in forever, but goddamn all the reversals. The computer does it endlessly, while the timing I get is short as hell.

Go into options and adjust the balance sliders. These are settings I've been using since SvR2011 and they seem to carry over:

Difficulty: Hard
Reversal Damage: On
Adrenaline: On

AI Reversal Balancing - this is the one that will fix your reversal woes:
Stand Strike (all the way left and 3 clicks right)
Stand Grapple (all the way left and 1 click right)
Ground strike (all the way left and 5 clicks right)
Ground Grapple (all the way left and 2 clicks right)
Finisher/Foreign (all the way left and 5 clicks right)

Damage Balancing - adjust this based on whether or not you want finishers to end matches.. I like to have longer puro style matches where a finisher doesn't guarantee a finish:
Finisher (all the way left and 5 clicks right)
Weapons (all the way left and 3 clicks right)

If you want the opposite:
Finisher (5 clicks right of default/middle)
Weapons (3 clicks right of default/middle)

Game Balancing
All DEFAULT (middle)

---

Did anyone else notice that they have gotten rid of the low blow? I think it might have been gone last year, actually, but it's funny how they gradually phase something out like that. On the plus side, at least every "get up" counter isn't a crotch shot, any more.

Also, I noticed that Austin's middle finger taunts aren't blurred during replays. Oh Yukes (and THQ QA).... ^_^

dubq

How do you throw someone off a cage exactly? This game isn't great at explaining things...

I think you have to just groggy grapple them near the edge and it happens automatically. Usually they just get shoved off the side, but some guys have other moves (powerbombs, etc).

So, can I rip an entire CD to my 360 and then just select the music in the game or is there something else I have to do?

jobber

I think you have to just groggy grapple them near the edge and it happens automatically. Usually they just get shoved off the side, but some guys have other moves (powerbombs, etc).

Wait...you can escape the HitC??????????????

So, can I rip an entire CD to my 360 and then just select the music in the game or is there something else I have to do?

You have to crate a playlist. Once you put all the songs you want in that playlist, then you can add them in game during the create an entrance.

Fox Mulder

I hate cheap ass publishers that don't put manuals in games anymore. I'm new to the franchise and it takes getting used to the controls. If I'm having trouble, the in game manual is only accessible from some buried text tutorial section on the main menu.

Is it really that hard to let me see this during a match?

I hate cheap ass publishers that don't put manuals in games anymore. I'm new to the franchise and it takes getting used to the controls. If I'm having trouble, the in game manual is only accessible from some buried text tutorial section on the main menu.

Is it really that hard to let me see this during a match?

Microsoft with Forza Horizons is actually the dawning of a new era in not having manuals. It's printed on the back of the cover insert. lol

Striker

He was WCW during the attitude era so no.
They have Nash and DDP in regardless.

What moves are you getting reversed a lot? Try a variety of stuff. Repeating the same manuever over and over often makes the CPU a bit more aware and they reverse more than usual. Try more punching and strong strikes.

Also recommend going into settings and turning on helpful hints, but they should be on by default. Turn on "Counts" also so you're better at kicking out of pinfalls, and I turn camera cuts off too so I can line my directional throws appropriately.

It just doesn't work for me, lol. I just grab him normally, no matter how much I beat on him. Then he turns around and throws me off with ease.

jobber

It just doesn't work for me, lol. I just grab him normally, no matter how much I beat on him. Then he turns around and throws me off with ease.

I threw Mankind off the cell on the opposite side 4 or 5 times and he just got right back up like it was nothing.

Striker

I threw Mankind off the cell on the opposite side 4 or 5 times and he just got right back up like it was nothing.
On WWE 12 they last 8 seconds on the ground. Most of the time, anyways.

I did toss off Miz with my chokeslam on my heavyweight CAW, and he stayed down a while. I don't like the Cell matches in these recent games, because grappling on the outside is so dang janky/easy to pull off.

jobber

On WWE 12 they last 8 seconds on the ground. Most of the time, anyways.

I did toss off Miz with my chokeslam on my heavyweight CAW, and he stayed down a while. I don't like the Cell matches in these recent games, because grappling on the outside is so dang janky/easy to pull off.

13 reverses too much especially on the cell. I dragged Mankind to the edge of the cell then in a second, he reversed it and tossed Undertaker off the cell through the table. It was quite funny.

Linkhero1

You mean swinging it? Cause I've could've sworn I've seen my sim matches a ladder falling on another ladder.

I was playing a TLC match with my brother earlier. I climbed up the ladder and reached the top. My brother began swinging a second ladder at me, but it didn't knock the ladder I was on over. I'm not sure if it was a glitch, but I'll try it again today.

G-Fex

I was playing a TLC match with my brother earlier. I climbed up the ladder and reached the top. My brother began swinging a second ladder at me, but it didn't knock the ladder I was on over. I'm not sure if it was a glitch, but I'll try it again today.

Everything should hit against each other, almost everything reacts and hits each other and it's supposed to.

Probably a glitch

Oh yeah this should be relevant

Look what happens to Jericho

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEHAaafzy20

Linkhero1

Everything should hit against each other, almost everything reacts and hits each other and it's supposed to.

Probably a glitch

Oh yeah this should be relevant

Look what happens to Jericho

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEHAaafzy20

Probably.

That video is amazing. I've had similar things happen to me. I was playing against a CPU earlier and I grabbed a chair, but somehow it flew out of my CAW's hands up into the air and into the ring. Sometimes, I wish I had a capture card.

Top Bottom