• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE '13 |OT| Austin 3:16 says, I just whooped your *bleeped for PG*

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Anyone else notice that they changed the Kane vs Austin match at KOTR from First Blood to Last Man Standing? JR even references it being a First Blood match at the beginning of the next match in the timeline.

Stupid PG era.

It's not because of PG Era. It's Last Man Standing because they don't want you to bleed the opponent and end the match. It'll eventually turn into a cutscene, and Austin will get bloody IF you turn it on.

For anyone who's doing attitude era, go to options to turn blood on. It's off by default.

hlhbk

First wrestling game I have bought since Smackdown vs Raw 2006, and I am in love with it. Hope they keep going down this path. Its no Fire Pro Wrestling Returns, but its pretty good.

Kacho

It's not because of PG Era. It's Last Man Standing because they don't want you to bleed the opponent and end the match. It'll eventually turn into a cutscene, and Austin will get bloody IF you turn it on.

For anyone who's doing attitude era, go to options to turn blood on. It's off by default.

Yeah, I just noticed that. :/

Does that affect the HitC match between HBK and Taker?

blurrygil

Man the New Age outlaws one is tough. Is there a secret to not getting stopped by Animal trying to grab the belt off the table?

I just knocked Animal down or off the apron.
You can also hit Hawk with the belt outside of the ring and not just in the ring.

Anyone else notice that they changed the Kane vs Austin match at KOTR from First Blood to Last Man Standing? JR even references it being a First Blood match at the beginning of the next match in the timeline.

Stupid PG era.

Odd how the intro video to the SCSA chapter is completely uncensored, even though in other areas of the game is. ("Well Austin 3:16 says I just whipped your ass...", etc.)

So for those interested, you can have a major title being shared across both brands and have both brands participate in both shows.

I just knocked Animal down or off the apron.
You can also hit Hawk with the belt outside of the ring and not just in the ring.

I just grabbed the belt at the start of the match and then brought it to the other side of the ring. When the time came I didn't have to go through Animal to get the belt.

Really love the presentation of this game so far...Graphics are great.

I skipped 12, so getting caught up on the fighting engine is taking some time, but man this game is deep...

The Roster is the best I've ever seen too.

Did they finally get it down right? Always thought the pops were terrible and way too quick.

Pretty awesome I think too...You can hear the crowd chanting YES YES YES for Daniel Bryan, the crowd levels seem pretty realistic to me....The commentary is the usual fare, but JR did good job this time around, the Attitude Era sound bytes are pretty authentic sounding.

jwhit28

In Universe are there still injuries, do you have to keep wrestlers happy, and the tv rating up?

Last WWE game I played was the first one with GM mode.

B-Dex

It seems to me all the audio clips from actual episodes/ppvs are WAY TOO LOUD. But the rest of the audio is fine.

Having a blast so far. But CAW takes forever. Especially making a move set. Damn. Was up till 4am playing though... haha

Cuisino

Neo Member
guys, i haven't played any wrestling games in 6-7 years...thought the niverse mode would be me choosing a wrestler and going through his career with storylines and shit...but it seems totally different lol. anybody care to elaborate what it exactly is? maybe i'm too stupid, but it seems that i can just wrestle some predefined matches (or interfere) and that's it? don't really get it.

Aiii

So not worth it
guys, i haven't played any wrestling games in 6-7 years...thought the niverse mode would be me choosing a wrestler and going through his career with storylines and shit...but it seems totally different lol. anybody care to elaborate what it exactly is? maybe i'm too stupid, but it seems that i can just wrestle some predefined matches (or interfere) and that's it? don't really get it.

Basically it's a sim, you can play as anyone or insert a CAW wrestler into there. Basically you work the shows, look at the rankings and try to become champion with your picks.

The carreer mode is the Attitude Era mode, where you play through various storylines as certain wrestlers.

Giard

Basically it's a sim, you can play as anyone or insert a CAW wrestler into there. Basically you work the shows, look at the rankings and try to become champion with your picks.

The carreer mode is the Attitude Era mode, where you play through various storylines as certain wrestlers.

Can you use Universe mode for offline multiplayer?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Community Creations isn't totally worthless this year, bout time THQ.

Yeah, I haven't had a single disconnect while trying to download WCW stars - feels amazing!

Fucking FINALLY THQ

Kaladin

I need to check the community creations again. I checked over the weekend and it was kind of meh. I need to fill out an indie roster for my NXT show.

I need to check the community creations again. I checked over the weekend and it was kind of meh. I need to fill out an indie roster for my NXT show.

I was able to get Ibushi <3, Aries, Generico, Hero, Rollins, Caesaro, and Omega. All of them were pretty good except Omega has some fucked up hair lol.

Cuisino

Neo Member
So how do you submit an opponent?

that's a good question! had the same problem, only time i can is with a signature or finisher if the respective
wrestler has one (goatface for example)...

i mean, is it possible to get a submission victory with the big show or khali?

B-Dex

that's a good question! had the same problem, only time i can is with a signature or finisher if the respective
wrestler has one (goatface for example)...

i mean, is it possible to get a submission victory with the big show or khali?

Work their arms/legs/head then go for a submission on that part when they're worn down (it shows how damaged a part is if you use limb targeting). Make sure to drag them away from the ropes first.

Cuisino

Neo Member
Work their arms/legs/head then go for a submission on that part when they're worn down (it shows how damaged a part is if you use limb targeting). Make sure to drag them away from the ropes first.

yes that's fine, i understand that. but HOW do i initiate a submission if i'm ready to do so? do I get the option?

Is this game actually good or does it have so many features and nostalgia that it artificially becomes good. Is the main gameplay good?

Can someone answer this? Everyone seems to love the Attitude stuff, but what about the core mechanics? I replayed 2010 and it was so boring and slow

Can someone answer this? Everyone seems to love the Attitude stuff, but what about the core mechanics? I replayed 2010 and it was so boring and slow

WWE 13 fun and while it isnt on the gameplay level of No Mercy/FPR/KoC2/ASPW3, the customization and little details make up for it imo. I like the idea of creating storylines, booking matches, title shots, stables, and whatnot. While games like EWR/TEW take that to another level, it is a nice alternative to those booking type of games. Slowly making my way through Attitude Era while playing the Universe Mode. Really need to go all out and customize everything haha.

Varithrax

Neo Member
Did they do away with the ability to remove the turnbuckle pads?

No it is still there. You gotta stand near it and press B (on the 360 version, not sure if it would be circle on ps3). Still trying to get the hang of it because sometimes the wrestler will want to grab thin air. You might need to hold it or tap it. Regardless, the feature is still there.

MPW

Hunico beat Cena and Orton in Universe mode

#onlyinvideogames

1. Hold down A until it reaches the blue bar
2. You can only do it during TLC or Extreme Rules matches, but you hit L1(I guess, LB on 360) you'll pull up a radial menu of items PIck the chair then just run towards the apron, and he'll slide it in.
3. Just mash the face buttons. You can also crawl towards the ropes now with left analog.

so hold X?

do you mean hold X until it reaches the red area and then let go to kick out of a pin?

also, any tips on winning royal rumble? is the only way to kick them out is by irish whipping to turnbuckle? i strong irish whipped AI, AI goes over the ropes but comes back in

Community Creations isn't totally worthless this year, bout time THQ.

any really good ones? just wondering cause the game has been out only a few days

Branson

so hold X?

do you mean hold X until it reaches the red area and then let go to kick out of a pin?

also, any tips on winning royal rumble? is the only way to kick them out is by irish whipping to turnbuckle? i strong irish whipped AI, AI goes over the ropes but comes back in

any really good ones? just wondering cause the game has been out only a few days

I downloaded a pretty awesome Joker.

Top Bottom