• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE '13 |OT| Austin 3:16 says, I just whooped your *bleeped for PG*

SkylineRKR

Can you control which finisher you do if they happen in the same situation? Kane keeps doing a tombstone when I want a chokeslam to finish this.

Kane's chokeslam initiates when you are not using the left stick. With Undertaker its the other way around, which is kind of confusing.

ecurbj

About to take a nose dive into this game right now. I just bought the All Axxess Pass for $10 off PSN. I'm ready. Just now it's installif game data on the PS3.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Yeah, Razor and Diesel both left before the Attitude Era started. Hell, Fake Diesel and Fake Razor were both gone (well, Fake Diesel became Kane, Fake Razor, uh...disappeared into irrelevance) before the Attitude Era started.

ecurbj

What is WWE Universe mode? What am I supposed to do, am I just the booker?

Is there any mode where I can level up my CAW?
It's basically a story mode where it gives you the ability to simulate or play each match, regardless of the Superstar. It's entirely customizable. You can pit rivals and allies, interfere in matches in a dramatic fashion. You basically choose your own story path and the AI will respond.

By the way. I like how the background at the menus is all the Superstars theme songs. Nice. And it blends into the next Superstar song perfectly. I'm currently downloading the DLC that's available rich now.

It always warmed my heart to hear how much Vince McMahon REALLY wanted us to believe those two guys were really Razor Ramon and Diesel.

ecurbj

I did my first match and lost to Daniel Bryan in a roll up pin. Haha. The crowd noise or cheering is so annoying. You can hardly hear what's going on in the ring or hear the announcer or the theme music when the Superstars are coming to the ring!

brumx

Wish you could download it on Xbox I dont need the disc so much since these games are usually played often.

Linkhero1

I did my first match and lost to Daniel Bryan in a roll up pin. Haha. The crowd noise or cheering is so annoying. You can hardly hear what's going on in the ring or hear the announcer or the theme music when the Superstars are coming to the ring!

I don't have any problem with that. Try adjusting the sound in the options.

ecurbj

I don't have any problem with that. Try adjusting the sound in the options.

It's probably because I'm using the Turtle Beachs X12s and I'm hearing practically everything. I will mess with the settings to get a perfect sound.

I did a rematch and won this time. I'm about to give the Attitude Era mode a try.

I love this game so far. The graphics are okay in a way.

Wish you could download it on Xbox I dont need the disc so much since these games are usually played often.
I don't know why Microsoft just doesn't do what Sony is doing with their Day 1 Digital promotion. Then again this game isn't up for digital download on the PSN store either.
Was Kevin Nash in the Attitude Era? Ricky Steamboat? Vader? But they sure were in WWE 12.
That was due to that stupid WCW storyline they had that year.

Linkhero1

Any news regarding the rest of the DLC? Are they going to offer any of the DLC for free?

Edit: Nevermind. Just looked at the first post.

Edit 2: Sucks, I can't get Goldust unless I get the fan axxessss crap. :(

ecurbj

I'm having real trouble beating British Bulldog in Attitude Era mode. I beat him up for 20+ minutes but he keeps getting up. Hunter comes out but does nothing, it takes too long to get to the top rope from the floor for an objective and Bulldog will randomly give me a pin or submission and win.

I haven't played since SmackDown! Vs RAW 2006 so I'm out of the loop.

Dude I'm getting my ass handed to Bulldog. He just keeps doing those damn rollup pins on me and he wins after I completed 2 or 3 of the challenges! This will be my third time trying to beat him.

The crowd in the game is way better than the live crowds lately. It's nice to have a match finish where most of the crowd isn't sitting on their hands.

PSN is zerostrife

I'll add you bud. The crowd is better than the love crowd but its a little to much!

My PSN ID is bruistopher.

SkylineRKR

I'm about halfway through Attitude mode and the Bulldog match is still the hardest one I played so far.

I eventually did beat him easily though. You need to reversal his finisher, I think thats what I did. It gives you a finisher and you can inflict good damage on him. Triple H doesn't do much unless you throw Bulldog out. Also try to use lots of taunts. Its about getting the bar filled for signature -> finisher.

DynamicG

Was Kevin Nash in the Attitude Era? Ricky Steamboat? Vader? But they sure were in WWE 12.

Steamboat's not in this game and Vader's WWF run was 1996-1998, which is most certainly attitude era. He was also involved in many of the Kane/UT/Mankind angles. Nash isn't in the attitude section, he's with the modern guys because he was feuding with HHH.

ecurbj

I'm about halfway through Attitude mode and the Bulldog match is still the hardest one I played so far.

I eventually did beat him easily though. You need to reversal his finisher, I think thats what I did. It gives you a finisher and you can inflict good damage on him. Triple H doesn't do much unless you throw Bulldog out. Also try to use lots of taunts. Its about getting the bar filled for signature -> finisher.

I busted this guy open. Did 10 Sweet Chin Musics. Moonsaults, 20 Piledrivers and everytime I go for the Elbow Drop off the turnbuckle he seems to be able to avoid it. Everytime I get my Signature he exits the ring. I'm trying to get all the challenges complete and it requires me to do 2 Elbow Drop off the turnbuckle. This is frustrating!

I found Bulldog easy enough. The only ones I find hard are time based challenges. Also the "hit a finisher then pin in 10 seconds" ones; one time god damn Paul Bearer kept distracting the ref EVERY TIME I WENT FOR A PIN. Took forever.

Universe mode doesn't really have much in the way of story so far. I've just played as my CAW and I'm the US champion, but I've not picked any story choices or anything. What's Paul Heyman being paid for?

ecurbj

I found Bulldog easy enough. The only ones I find hard are time based challenges. Also the "hit a finisher then pin in 10 seconds" ones; one time god damn Paul Bearer kept distracting the ref EVERY TIME I WENT FOR A PIN. Took forever.

Universe mode doesn't really have much in the way of story so far. I've just played as my CAW and I'm the US champion, but I've not picked any story choices or anything. What's Paul Heyman being paid for?

What was your strategy?

upJTboogie said:
Can you control which finisher you do if they happen in the same situation? Kane keeps doing a tombstone when I want a chokeslam to finish this.

Kane's finisher is his Chokeslam. His second finisher is Tombstone. So if you just press Y, you perform his Chokeslam. However, if you press Y and the left analog stick in any direction, you perform Tombstone.

KiNeSiS

Banned
You not just lose your belt, mang. You not just lose your machismo, mang. You want to fight Razor Ramon? YOU LOST YOUR MIND, CHICO!

Oh, wait, there is no Razor in this POS.

This game is great!
You speak foul against this masterpiece how pathetic, This game blatantly shit's on your lips & the fingers you type with!

MPW

It's basically a story mode where it gives you the ability to simulate or play each match, regardless of the Superstar. It's entirely customizable. You can pit rivals and allies, interfere in matches in a dramatic fashion. You basically choose your own story path and the AI will respond.

By the way. I like how the background at the menus is all the Superstars theme songs. Nice. And it blends into the next Superstar song perfectly. I'm currently downloading the DLC that's available rich now.

this!

also you can hear certain promos

finally won RR, fuck off quick time events

playing attitude era makes me realize more than ever how shitty the storylines are now :(

playing attitude era makes me realize more than ever how shitty the storylines are now :(

That's what I thought too. Like, holy shit, Raw had actual important things happening!

The videos and reenactments of the stories are really well done. Totally turns a decent game in to a good game.

daemissary

Did they ever actually call Jericho's elevated Boston crab the Liontamer in the WWE?

I was surprised to see the objective say that in his Attitude era match against Road Dogg...I thought they changed it to the Walls when he came over from WCW.

ecurbj

I finally beat that Bulldog versus Shawn Michaels storyline. Jesus I completed all the challenges too. Getting those elbow drops were crazy but I got them. Then I locked on the Sharpshooter and made Bulldog submit. Glad I beat it!! Woo!

smr00

Banned
Ok what the fuck are these attitude moments? I am currently playing through Austin's career and it keeps asking me to do this stuff and i have no idea what i am supposed to do.

Fox Mulder

Ok what the fuck are these attitude moments? I am currently playing through Austin's career and it keeps asking me to do this stuff and i have no idea what i am supposed to do.

it will show a box in the corner and have you hit a button, just another QTE.

smr00

Banned
it will show a box in the corner and have you hit a button, just another QTE.
is it possible to finish a match fast enough to where it never triggers? cause that never triggered for me

edit- How on earth do you
KO paul under a minute?
spoiler i guess? this part is stressing me the shit bird out.

Does anyone know if Jericho's COME ON BAYBAYYYYY pin is in the game?

is it possible to finish a match fast enough to where it never triggers? cause that never triggered for me

KO paul under a minute?

Paul Bearer? Just...hit him a lot. It took me a good few tries.

KO paul under a minute?

Just use a steel chair to knock him out. I saw my brother did that objective and he completed in his first try.

MPW

Does anyone know if Jericho's COME ON BAYBAYYYYY pin is in the game?

Paul Bearer? Just...hit him a lot. It took me a good few tries.

yeah go mike tyson on his ass

punch him alot

how am i supposed to grab the belt in a ladder match? (ps3)

i go up, i reach, i hold

do i press the right analogue down to pull the belt down or do i have to do something else?

Manus

Picked this up from Redbox today and lovin' it. I think it feels more arcadey than the last few SvsR that i've played. Haven't played one since 2009.

Oh and it took me like a hour long match to get everything in the Shawn Michaels and British Bulldog match. Both wrestlers were pretty dead by the end of it.

ecurbj

Picked this up from Redbox today and lovin' it. I think it feels more arcadey than the last few SvsR that i've played. Haven't played one since 2009.

Oh and it took me like a hour long match to get everything in the Shawn Michaels and British Bulldog match. Both wrestlers were pretty dead by the end of it.
You and me both. It took 90 Piledrivers, 80 Sweet Chin Musics, constant taunting, 20 Elbow Drops from the turnbuckle tries to keep British Bulldog down. And finally snapped the Sharpshooter on him and he tapped. I felt so good after that match. I was literally sweating under my underarms and my hands were getting cramped up because of that one particular match.

yeah go mike tyson on his ass

punch him alot

how am i supposed to grab the belt in a ladder match? (ps3)

i go up, i reach, i hold

do i press the right analogue down to pull the belt down or do i have to do something else
?

When you grab the belt, it displays an analog stick that tells you hold. When you hold the belt, it will display pull meaning you pull the belt. Try the right analog stick to see if it works. For 360, its right analog stick so try if it's the same thing with ps3.

MPW

finished attitude era

that was fun

doubt WWE will ever be as good as that era :(

so many stars, roster was stacked, great storylines, great moments

i wonder which era THQ will focus on for wwe 14

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Yeah, Razor and Diesel both left before the Attitude Era started. Hell, Fake Diesel and Fake Razor were both gone (well, Fake Diesel became Kane, Fake Razor, uh...disappeared into irrelevance) before the Attitude Era started.

Well technically...

the first Attitude Era match you do is right after Fake Razor and Fake Diesel attacks HBK or something. Jim Ross made a mention of it.

X3lvD.gif

HHH vs Kane in a cage where you have to win via exiting and do a stupid 10 punch corner thing.

FUCK THIS COMPANY GAME

E: never mind, I didn't realise you could exit the door. Faux cage matches :(

Top Bottom