• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE '13 |OT| Austin 3:16 says, I just whooped your *bleeped for PG*

blurrygil

Day One impressions

Things I Liked/Loved:

++ Attitude Era mode is exceptional. A great, nostalgic trip through my teenage and young-adult years as a fan. The objectives, the bonuses and the unlocks are very well done. Cutscenes are fairly well done, as well. There is a LOT of image blurring and censoring due to the whole WWF/WWE legalities, which I think create a little bit of a distraction. But it doesn't ruin the experience.

++ Gameplay is still excellent with new additions, etc. The flow/build-up in all of the matches are even better this year. I've had some incredibly intense and dramatic finishes in my matches. Yukes has really nailed things this year.

++ The amount of content is staggering. Perhaps not up to FirePro levels. But it's still amazing considering the quality. The Community Creations, even this early in the game's release, is packed with great uploads.

++ As of 10/31 12:30pm PST...THE ONLINE IS ACTUALLY STABLE!! Downloads actually work and I have yet to experience any issues. This is great...albeit a year late.

+ Commentary in AE mode is pretty good, but can use some improvements. Audio levels are drastically mis-matched with the in-game commentary. But I do like the fact that the develops mixed and matched to give the story a little bit more of an authentic feel.

+ Referees are NOT ROBOTS!! lol, I say this because there is a very noticeable change in the Referee AI. He actually "slides" in immediately for the count almost every time. His hand hitting the mat sounds great. And he doesn't jaggedly kneel down to the mat slowly. It's a minor nuance that I noticed goes a long way for me in the overall experience.

+ Reversals are tighter and much more difficult to pull off, but are rewarding. This goes double for Signatures and Finishers. You can have some VERY dramatic finishes or flow to your matches once you learn the timing. It's quite awesome.

- I'm not one to piss and moan about models. But they do look very weak in this edition. The Mankind and Hunter/Helmsley ones are particular stand-outs. Looks like there was some sacrifice in this field due to all the new characters and features.

- Some of the physics and collision detection are outright terrible. They don't happen too often. But man, I never expect to get bodyslammed onto/next to a flattened folding chair and then have it rocket into space. It was amusing, but not cool for the overall experience.

- Lack of licensing hurts the experience a little. Things like as old entrance music, famous quotes/dialogue and such suffer with so much being edited or changed.

This is only my day one impressions. I'm far from messing with CAWs, Arenas, casual matches, Universe Mode, etc. I'll provide more sometime tomorrow. Feel free to shoot any questions as well, if you still haven't picked the game up.

I have one for everyone: What's the best way to put someone through a table WITHOUT having to lie them on it and then jumping from a high distance? This killed me during the Hunter vs. Cactus Jack Street Fight match...

Cheers all!

Majukun

There's a lot of confusion over whether or not those branching storylines are for Universe mode or just Create A Story. Some of the THQ guys on Twitter said that there is a 10%-15% chance of getting a branching storyline like this in Universe Mode.

it's incredibly stupid..why don't give to the player complete control in wwe universe?isn't what the entire game mode is about?

Did they finally get it down right? Always thought the pops were terrible and way too quick.

I think they're mixing actual crowd noise from WWE events this time around. You still get awkward pops but the whole experience is much improved.

I was thought it would be amazing for a WWE game in it's story mode to have dialog options like a Alpha Protocal game where you're thinking fast what you want to say and you have tons of options where you want to lead your own story..then of course you do your typical match or sim stuff

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It'll probably be worth it though Doctor.

Me on the other hand, I'll have the urge to stream this .

E-fed here we go again

FEX you're KILLIN me! After I made like 6 Wrasslegaffers!

LOOKS LIKE ITS THE MONDAY NIGHT WARS ALL OVER AGAIN

Can I be WCW?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sure man I'm pretty sure no wrasslegaffers are going to be involved in my thing.

It'll be my own thing I guess.

Talented young upstart company under Sunflower's direction vs the endless pockets of money and time in G-Fex.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It's halloween Sunflower.

I'm thinking havoc PPV tonight

You know how I like my PPV's

Don't tease me with this! If you do it, I'll be there in the front row with my tickets!

0.jpg

jwhit28

So just how deep are the create-a-xxx modes? Would it be possible to fully create the outsiders/nwo storyline, arenas and all or something like the whole WWE tag division leading up to the first TLC?

Any videos of the more impressive storyline remakes from this or last years game?

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Well I mean if you'd like, I'm not sure it'll go far or if I'll even bump the old thread I had in community.

Excellent. With the return of Val Venis I can resurrect my favorite CAW from the N64 WWF Aki days: Sumo Joe, the 7 foot tall sumo wrestler with the Val Venis entrance wearing nothing but a loincloth and top hat (entrance attire only) and specialized in submissions and high flying moves from the turnbuckles.

Aside from the Attitude era, how is everything else?

What modes are u guys having the most fun with? I want this, but dont want to drop $60 on it

Aside from the Attitude era, how is everything else?

What modes are u guys having the most fun with? I want this, but dont want to drop $60 on it

Since you have to play AE to unlock anything, Ive mostly been sinking my teeth into that. Next will be universe, I already switched RAW to Nitro, but the rosters will have to wait till I unlock everything, and CAW's.

I'm thinking Nitro Wednesday's will be ECW, and Friday .............I don't know yet.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
If I put all the women that are no longer in the WWE in Inactive, the Diva's division consist of 2 women. So I started a BLOW fed with all 7 women but I couldn't use the Diva's title for the main title. I have to make a women's title for this to work. >_>

carlos

Seriously enjoying all facets of the game right now, seems like a lot of content, so I don't regret getting it at full price.
This is my first wrestling game since wcw nwo revenge on the n64 lol

B-Dex

So I may buy this.... I watched WWE when it was the Attitude Era. Nostalgia all up in here.

My favs were always the old N64 games. No Mercy 4 Life!

Suck it!

Fox Mulder

So I may buy this.... I watched WWE when it was the Attitude Era. Nostalgia all up in here.

My favs were always the old N64 games. No Mercy 4 Life!

Suck it!

Yeah, me too. It helps that there's a B2G1 at Target this week. I'm gonna get this and NFS plus something else.

BFIB

I think the last wrestling game I bought was back in '06. Looking at some of the vids I may have to make the plunge this year.

MPW

haven't played wwe game in ages and did not play wwe 12

noob question (ps3)

1. is there anything specific i need to press to kick out when pinned?

2. how do i bring tables into the ring?

3. is there anything specific i need to press to kick out of submissions?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Hunico beat Cena and Orton in Universe mode

#onlyinvideogames
haven't played wwe game in ages and did not play wwe 12

noob question (ps3)

1. is there anything specific i need to press to kick out when pinned?

2. how do i bring tables into the ring?

3. is there anything specific i need to press to kick out of submissions?

1. Hold down A until it reaches the blue bar
2. You can only do it during TLC or Extreme Rules matches, but you hit L1(I guess, LB on 360) you'll pull up a radial menu of items PIck the chair then just run towards the apron, and he'll slide it in.
3. Just mash the face buttons. You can also crawl towards the ropes now with left analog.

Is this game actually good or does it have so many features and nostalgia that it artificially becomes good. Is the main gameplay good?

Oh man, they added Daniel Bryan gear to the avatar store on Xbox!!!! :D

BUT

Its not just his shirt you have to wear his whole wrestling 'outfit' and it looks really dumb on my character lol. :(

I just wanted a Yes! shirt. :(

daemissary

Anyone else notice that they changed the Kane vs Austin match at KOTR from First Blood to Last Man Standing? JR even references it being a First Blood match at the beginning of the next match in the timeline.

Stupid PG era.

Top Bottom