• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE '13 |OT| Austin 3:16 says, I just whooped your *bleeped for PG*

So what's going on in everyone's Universe?

I've only gone through two weeks so far. Bret Hart is the WWF Champ whilst Brock is the Heavyweight Champ. DDP and Booker T are Intercontinental and US Champs respectively. In week 1 The Acolytes lost a tag match. Week 2 Farooq turns and punches Bradshaw and walks out before the match begins.

Oh, and after Mankind won a #1 Contender's Match some broad came out and walked him back up the ramp.

Jamie OD

I made an NXT brand and put all of the Attitude Era guys into it. Just focusing on unlocking stuff at the moment rather than paying attention to any feuds or storyline moments.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So what's going on in everyone's Universe?

I've only gone through two weeks so far. Bret Hart is the WWF Champ whilst Brock is the Heavyweight Champ. DDP and Booker T are Intercontinental and US Champs respectively. In week 1 The Acolytes lost a tag match. Week 2 Farooq turns and punches Bradshaw and walks out before the match begins.

Oh, and after Mankind won a #1 Contender's Match some broad came out and walked him back up the ramp.

I'm wholly focused on the GAF Wrestling Federation. We had our first show last night! All Wrassle-GAF!

http://twitch.tv/Sunnybuns

Those that were in attendance said it was incredibly fun and loved the show. Lots of twists and turns, and some incredible spots (Laserfrog with an elbow off the top rope THROUGH the announce table [and Kyoufu] on the floor!)

pa22word

Played around with it a bit, and I hate to use strong language here, but the gameplay feels like shit. HCTP and its successors all had really in-depth gameplay, but this just seems like a casualized version of it. Unified reversal system ruins the competitive aspect of the games, and the grappling system seems like it's reverted back to the SmackDown 1-4 system of one move per button. Idk, maybe the game just does a shit job conveying how to play it, but thus far it seems like a really shallow and dull experience from the gameplay side of things.

The presentation is ace, though.

Oh yeah. Pete Gas, Rodney, and the Goodfather are right up there with Bret Hart.

The fact that you had to comb the list and found three names in a roster of +/- 50 says a lot :)

PS: The Godfather rocks man, idk what you are talking about there.

I agree. HCTP still plays better than this. The movesets seemed a lot deeper. I feel like I am pulling off the same 4 moves over and over again. Fun game but SYM - 2007 play much better. I think gameplay wise they started screwing up things in 08 with that terrible right stick controlling. Since 07 the game just feels weird.

Yeah you can try your best but matches will look very similar regardless, wrestlers have too little moves and worst is so many types of moves are shared between so many wrestlers.

Yeah you can try your best but matches will look very similar regardless, wrestlers have too little moves and worst is so many types of moves are shared between so many wrestlers.

This 100% so many wrestlers have that Undertaker DDT, float over neckbreaker, The Rocks float over DDT etc. This is what happens when they remove so many moves. I loved in the old SD games all the variations of bodyslams, suplexes, DDT's, powerbombs, choke slams etc. This is ridiculous that they cut out these moves. On top of that, the replaced moves look like dog shit. All the moves in the earlier SD games animate 10000000X better. Compare Kanes choke slam, HHH's pedigrees, SCSA's stunner's, Brocks 2 F5's.

Come on THQ WTF. I will buy all those moves in a DLC update if they release it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
My dumbass bought the season pass so yeah, when they come out, I will be all about that.

I fought it and didn't bite. I was a little irritated the DDP and Goldust were Season-pass exclusives, but then I realized I don't like either of them enough to buy into that shit. So I bought some of the DLC wrasslers piecemeal. I have no desire for Grandmaster Sexay or Scotty 2 Shitty.

B-Dex

I have + and since I didn't actually have to pay for my copy(gifted) I bought fanaxxesssss for 10$. Poor Xbox plebs. (and non plussers)

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
So I booted up the game today and all of my unlocks were gone. I beat the entire Attitude era mode and have the achievements for them, yet they are all locked again and when I entered Attitude Era mode, It wanted me to do it over again. Any idea what happened there?

Wait, there are actually people here saying they will buy DLC that features new moves that should have been in the game from the start?

Damn, some of you are too far gone this generation...sad. This fits the very definition of being a sucker.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Wait, there are actually people here saying they will buy DLC that features new moves that should have been in the game from the start?

Damn, some of you are too far gone this generation...sad.

Games don't cost enough. I see value in this, they sell it to me, I make the choice if it's worth paying more.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
So I booted up the game today and all of my unlocks were gone. I beat the entire Attitude era mode and have the achievements for them, yet they are all locked again and when I entered Attitude Era mode, It wanted me to do it over again. Any idea what happened there?

Loaded the wrong save?

Backflip

Guys, I need your help. I've made a WCW Nitro arena and a nWo entrance video and I'm looking for people to download/comment it. I've made them for the PS3 version of the game (keyword: Rom1) for those of you who would like to see them and maybe download/comment them.

Damn, some of you are too far gone this generation...sad. This fits the very definition of being a sucker.

If its going to make the game better for me than sure, I'll buy it. I'm not a big DLC guy anyways but the moves in the older game were animated much better and if there was DLC for all the old moves I'd buy it in a second.

Sabas

Banned
Patch out.

Today, WWE Games and THQ released a patch for WWE '13, addressing various crashes and bugs, including a crash related to using created arenas in Universe Mode. The patch is available for both the Xbox 360 computer and entertainment system from Microsoft, as well as the PlayStation 3 computer entertainment system. Download it today by logging on to Xbox Live or the PlayStation Network in WWE '13.

Downloading it on my PS3. 618 mb.

KiNeSiS

Banned
I agree. HCTP still plays better than this. The movesets seemed a lot deeper. I feel like I am pulling off the same 4 moves over and over again. Fun game but SYM - 2007 play much better. I think gameplay wise they started screwing up things in 08 with that terrible right stick controlling. Since 07 the game just feels weird.

One thing is for certain guy stuck in the past. WWE 13' is a hell of a lot better than Shogun Rua has been in years. Sadly you will realize this if he gets stomped out by Aexander Gustafsson. Look how much trouble he had with bitch ass Brandon Vera.
Their are a ton of moves, you can turn people around with the left stick when stunned & have access to vicious back grapples for example. The game plays great I just hate that the oppenent always kicks out on a one cound. There just aren't A.I. 2 counts at all which fucks up the feeling of a late kickout that is so important to a good wrestling story/match.

So does Universe mode completely ignore your rosters?

I have a Raw is War roster with Attitude era wrestlers and some CAW legends. I also have a Smackdown roster featuring several ECW CAWS, lower tier Attitude Era wrestlers, and a couple modern fellows.

During a match, John Cena came out to attack the 98-99 Undertaker. In another card current era Undertaker came out to attack someone. Neither are in the active rosters. What the.

RBH

WWE '13 for $25 at WalMart for Black Friday:

i_Walmart_2012_WWE-13-X360_1352361618.jpg

Majukun

I have a Raw is War roster with Attitude era wrestlers and some CAW legends. I also have a Smackdown roster featuring several ECW CAWS, lower tier Attitude Era wrestlers, and a couple modern fellows.

During a match, John Cena came out to attack the 98-99 Undertaker. In another card current era Undertaker came out to attack someone. Neither are in the active rosters. What the.

check in the profile of those superstars..maybe they had a old rivalry in act,and those rivalry works even if they are in different rosters...and they will interfere with each other even if they are not in the same show.

dubq

Are those guys on the Free Agent or Inactive roster? Make sure they're on the latter.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
I did a 6 way HitC match with 98 Undertaker, regular Undertaker, Kane dressed as Undertaker, 97 Triple H, DX Triple H, and 2012 Triple H. I was using Kane dressed as Undertaker and when I went to do a tombstone, Kane and regular Undertaker froze but the other 4 were still fighting. I couldn't pause or anything. da fuck

I'm finally trying out universe mode, trying to create an old school schedule and can't for the life of me delete smackdown on fridays, it says it's a ppv and can't be removed, the fuck.

I'm finally trying out universe mode, trying to create an old school schedule and can't for the life of me delete smackdown on fridays, it says it's a ppv and can't be removed, the fuck.
Weird. The patch probably screwed it up. I deleted it before the patch and moved it to Thursdays so that may be what happened.

Oh, I figured out what the problem was, the Friday Smackdown was the host for all future PPV's and deleting Smackdown would delete the PPV shows so it stopped me. Removing the shows as a host fixed it, pretty tedious.

Fox Mulder

I'm doing the mankind chapter of the attitude mode, and it really sucks how they don't have the proper music for that era of his character.

I'm doing the mankind chapter of the attitude mode, and it really sucks how they don't have the proper music for that era of his character.

Do they not? I was impressed how they had 3 different songs for him in the game, Ode To Freud, the version of that with drums and the Crash theme.. Which version is missing?

Top Bottom