• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE '13 |OT| Austin 3:16 says, I just whooped your *bleeped for PG*

ecurbj

HHH vs Kane in a cage where you have to win via exiting and do a stupid 10 punch corner thing.

FUCK THIS COMPANY GAME

E: never mind, I didn't realise you could exit the door. Faux cage matches :(
Thanks for saving us or me from the frustration when I come to that match storyline.

Thanks for saving us or me from the frustration when I come to that match storyline.

Do a grapple at the turnbuckle near the door to trigger the animation to get out. Took me 4 or 5 replays to realise you could even do it.

The game is filled with little things like that where you think it needs to be tougher than it is. Just awkward phrasing on some of the missions.

SkylineRKR

I thought the game was broken when I fought Bulldog, heh. The rest before and after was smooth sailing... But once he's critical, he should lie down long enough for the elbow drops.

Bearer is also harder than he should be. He went down with only 3 seconds on the clock, after a vicious beating. Finishers within 10 secs are easy so far, but its because I keep working on the opponent until he's walking around in agony.

For the the most difficult objective had to be hitting Hawk with the Belt before the ref gets up.

finished attitude era

that was fun

doubt WWE will ever be as good as that era :(

so many stars, roster was stacked, great storylines, great moments

i wonder which era THQ will focus on for wwe 14

The problem is that there isn't fierce competition for WWE anymore. WCW really made its mark and forced WWE to come up with something brilliant in order to survive. Although WCW might've self destructed anyway, that nWo thing became completely ridiculous and Goldberg was just a shallow and skilless hack like Warrior.

Just spent 6 attempts trying to do a Jericho challenge. Had to do a liontamer followed by a power bomb through a table in 4 minutes. I screamed, I cried, I was relieved I'll never have to do it again.

pa22word

finished attitude era

that was fun

doubt WWE will ever be as good as that era :(

so many stars, roster was stacked, great storylines, great moments

i wonder which era THQ will focus on for wwe 14

All you have to do to realize just how bad modern WWE is is to sit down and compare the rosters nowadays to the old games to see the completely obvious drop offs that have been happening since the attitude era.

WWE '13 (modern guys):
CM Punk
Alberto del Rio
Big Show
Booker T
Brock Lesnar
Brodus Clay
Chris Jericho
Christian
Cody Rhodes
Daniel Bryan
David Otunga
Dolph
Edge
The Great Khali
Heath Slater
Hunico
Jack Swagger
JBL
John Cena ('04 Thuganomics Attire & Moddern Attire)
John Laurinaitis
Justin Gabriel
Kane
Kevin Nash
Kofi Kingston
Mark Henry
The Miz
Primo
Randy Orton
John Cena
Rey Mysterio
The Rock
R-Truth
Santino Marella
Sheamus
Sin Cara
Epico
Ted DiBiase
Triple H
Undertaker (Shaved Head)
Jinder Mahal
Wade Barrett
Zack Ryder

Current Divas

Alicia Fox
Beth Phoenix
Brie Bella
Eve
Kelly Kelly
Kharma
Nikki Bella
Lita

Here Comes the Pain:

A-Train
Batista
Big Show
Booker T
Brock Lesnar
Bubba Ray Dudley
Charlie Haas
Chavo Guerrero
Chris Benoit
Chris Jericho
Christian
D-Von Dudley
Eddie Guerrero
Edge
Eric Bischoff
Goldberg
Goldust
The Hurricane
John Cena
Kane
Kevin Nash
Kurt Angle
Lance Storm
Matt Hardy
Randy Orton
Rey Mysterio
Rhyno
Ric Flair
Rico
Rikishi
Rob Van Dam
The Rock
Rodney Mack
Scott Steiner
Sean O'Haire
Shawn Michaels
Shelton Benjamin
Steve Austin
Tajiri
Steven Richards
Test
Triple H
Ultimo Dragon
The Undertaker
Val Venis
Vince McMahon

SmackDown 2! Know your Role:

Albert
Al Snow
Big Boss Man
Billy Gunn
Bradshaw
Bubba Ray Dudley
Bull Buchanan
Cactus Jack
Crash Holly
Chris Benoit
Chris Jericho
Christian
Dean Malenko
D'Lo Brown
D-Von Dudley
Eddie Guerrero
Edge
Essa Rios
Faarooq
Funaki
Gangrel
Gerald Brisco
The Goodfather
Grandmaster Sexay
Hardcore Holly
Jeff Hardy
Joey Abbs
Kane
Kurt Angle
Mankind
Mark Henry
Matt Hardy
Mick Foley
Michael Cole
Pat Patterson
Paul Bearer
Perry Saturn
Pete Gas
Road Dogg
Rodney
Rikishi
The Rock
Scotty Too Hotty
Shane McMahon
Steve Blackman
Shawn Michaels
Steven Richard
Stone Cold Steve Austin
TAKA Michinoku
Tazz
Test
Triple H
Undertaker
Val Venis
Vince McMahon
Viscera
X-Pac

Just look at that SmackDown 2 roster. Pure quality in every respect.

For the custom music on Xbox, do you have to write it to a CD as music or can you just dump it all onto the CD in file format still?

Fox Mulder

I thought the game was broken when I fought Bulldog, heh. The rest before and after was smooth sailing... But once he's critical, he should lie down long enough for the elbow drops.

For the the most difficult objective had to be hitting Hawk with the Belt before the ref gets up.

Bulldog was hard for me because it was still an early match in the campaign and I haven't played a wrestling game in forever. He also comes out with a stored finisher and kept hitting me with it at the worst times in all my retries.

Hawk is easier to hit if you get the belt before you trigger the point to use it. I also initially forgot which one was Hawk since the game doesn't have HUD names and I never heard the commentary mention one of their names. It's been awhile since I've seen a Road Warriors match.

Jamie OD

X3lvD.gif

Can't bury people without a shovel.

The problem is that there isn't fierce competition for WWE anymore. WCW really made its mark and forced WWE to come up with something brilliant in order to survive. Although WCW might've self destructed anyway, that nWo thing became completely ridiculous and Goldberg was just a shallow and skilless hack like Warrior.
I don't think the fact WWE doesn't need to beat head to head competition anymore is the only culprit.

The territories are gone. Most of the big name guys had a decade of experience before coming to the WWF and it wasn't in high school gyms. They aren't buying up all their competition and getting their top young guys in their primes (I guess they could buy TNA one day and get those guys). A lot of guys who are gifted athletically and physically imposing that used to do football or amateur wrestling now go into MMA instead of going into pro wrestling. As such, they hand pick kids, send them into development, and drop them into their shows after a couple years, if that. People don't make it to the top because they have all of the looks, the physical skills, the ability to get themselves over, or have the will, love, and desire for the business.

You still have some guys who have all of the above, but their numbers are smaller and smaller every year. It's not that none of the guys around now couldn't have made it big in the Attitude era, it's that the crucible that made guys reach their full potential isn't really around anymore. The Attitude era was a convergence of a bunch of different factors happening all at once that I don't think we'll see again.

Just spent 6 attempts trying to do a Jericho challenge. Had to do a liontamer followed by a power bomb through a table in 4 minutes. I screamed, I cried, I was relieved I'll never have to do it again.
I posted about this in the other thread because it is hardest mission to complete (primarily because the powerbomb has poor collision detection with the table).

The best way to do this is to hit the Liontamer, release, do the three powerbombs to keep him down, set up a table in the corner, irish whip Road Dogg into the table, press the strike button to pull him off the table, then do the finisher powerbomb to put him through it. It's the best way to get everything to line up.

Was Kevin Nash in the Attitude Era? Ricky Steamboat? Vader? But they sure were in WWE 12.

What does WWE '12 have to do with this game's roster and the Attitude Era? 'm pretty sure the wrestlers you just named are listed as Legends in that game and have nothing to do with it's story mode. Nash being in this game is based off his feud with CM Punk, and Vader actually was a part of the Attitude Era.

WatTsu

All you have to do to realize just how bad modern WWE is is to sit down and compare the rosters nowadays to the old games to see the completely obvious drop offs that have been happening since the attitude era.

Just look at that SmackDown 2 roster. Pure quality in every respect.

Oh yeah. Pete Gas, Rodney, and the Goodfather are right up there with Bret Hart.

brumx

They need to make a game roster based off the whole WWF Attitude game from 99. And with all the sound bites. Not one person missing.

Backflip

I've made a WCW Nitro arena for the PS3 version of the game and I'd appreciate it if you guys could download it and leave a comment. My PSN id is Rom1.

I love the game but I still think it sucks that they took out the WCW arenas.

Fox Mulder

They need to make a game roster based off the whole WWF Attitude game from 99. And with all the sound bites. Not one person missing.

That would be cool, but it's crazy how they have to edit wwf out of everything. It was awful in the hbk promo and all the blurred videos.

I must say they handled the royal rumble i quit match perfectly, I can't even watch that match because of how much rock beat on mick with the chair.

dubq

Holy shit, is anyone else noticing a severe lack of two counts? Seriously, do a one on one match and go for a pin after every move until you win with your finisher. All one counts. Apparently there is a huge uproar about it at the THQ forums. I didnt notice it until someone had mentioned it to me, but now I'm seeing it's true. The only time I've seen a two count outside of Attitude Era mode is when using a leverage pin.

hlhbk

So I just got to the Stone Cold portion of the attitude era. I do Austin's Signiture and Stunner and they blurred out Austin flipping off his opponent? REALLY????? Why even include the Attitude Era and Austin in the game let alone PROGRAM HIS CHARACTER to flip people off and then BLUR IT????

Is there anyway to turn off the stupid ass blur?

I posted about this in the other thread because it is hardest mission to complete (primarily because the powerbomb has poor collision detection with the table).

The best way to do this is to hit the Liontamer, release, do the three powerbombs to keep him down, set up a table in the corner, irish whip Road Dogg into the table, press the strike button to pull him off the table, then do the finisher powerbomb to put him through it. It's the best way to get everything to line up.

Oh god what a pain in the ass that was! Was bad enough having to build up to get a liontamer on him, then making sure I could line up a powerbomb that would connect. Whole thing was janky. Must of taken me like an hour or so sadly for this. Really soured on me for what was mostly a great mode.

McNei1y

I can't play this game online with randoms anymore. It's the same thing over and over.

1) Elimination Chamber Tornado matches
2) Running and grappling maneuvers
3) Reversals all day

I just want a match without repetitive, annoying crap!

So I just got to the Stone Cold portion of the attitude era. I do Austin's Signiture and Stunner and they blurred out Austin flipping off his opponent? REALLY????? Why even include the Attitude Era and Austin in the game let alone PROGRAM HIS CHARACTER to flip people off and then BLUR IT????

Is there anyway to turn off the stupid ass blur?
Last year he just made fists so I'm thankful for the blurs.

I can't play this game online with randoms anymore. It's the same thing over and over.

1) Elimination Chamber Tornado matches
2) Running and grappling maneuvers
3) Reversals all day

I just want a match without repetitive, annoying crap!

Agreed. Why not just create the kind of match you want though? Besides the long wait for someone to join.

On the subject of Tag Team matches, I dominated in my past two 6-Man Elimination Tag matches with Brock Lesnar...then proceeded to get myself DQed (on purpose) seeing as no one actually seemed to care about the match.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
It always warmed my heart to hear how much Vince McMahon REALLY wanted us to believe those two guys were really Razor Ramon and Diesel.
That's not really the case. I actually believe a few times on commentary, they mentioned that they were "new and improved" versions, but that could just be my memory messing with me.

Jamie OD

Holy shit, is anyone else noticing a severe lack of two counts? Seriously, do a one on one match and go for a pin after every move until you win with your finisher. All one counts. Apparently there is a huge uproar about it at the THQ forums. I didnt notice it until someone had mentioned it to me, but now I'm seeing it's true. The only time I've seen a two count outside of Attitude Era mode is when using a leverage pin.

I notice it too. That and the AI constantly using the Irish Whip are the regular glitches I found so far.

Was funny on the creation thing reading what can be downloaded and saw the storyline:

"Who violated Cena?"

This game is doing good work.

McNei1y

Agreed. Why not just create the kind of match you want though? Besides the long wait for someone to join.

On the subject of Tag Team matches, I dominated in my past two 6-Man Elimination Tag matches with Brock Lesnar...then proceeded to get myself DQed (on purpose) seeing as no one actually seemed to care about the match.

I really like how the game plays. But this "cheese" is just horrible. I had put in about 7-8 matches with a couple of other GAF dudes on Friday night and it was so much fun. Player and Ranked matches are just terrible, though. I hope it gets better, or that I just get used to reversing the clotheslines/running DDT's.

Was funny on the creation thing reading what can be downloaded and saw the storyline:

"Who violated Cena?"

This game is doing good work.

It was fun until (I think) the last match which is a fatal four way against Godfather, Vader and Khali where you play Cena and have to win.

I have no interest in playing Cena.

I saw my brother attempt that challenge, and it's really difficult. The only issue is performing his power bomb through a table. How did you do it? I mean the power bomb through the table?

I saw my brother attempt that challenge, and it's really difficult. The only issue is performing his power bomb through a table. How did you do it? I mean the power bomb through the table?

I set up a table outside the ring and just got lucky doing the move in the right spot. It took many, many attempts.

Eidan

From what I've heard, I think the children are only 20% of the WWE's fanbase.

Yeah, much of the fanbase were indoctrinated during the age of Hogan and the Attitude Era. They tend to get upset about the way a lot of talent is handled and dumb storylines, but the thing is, treating talent poorly and making stupid stories divorced of logic has always been a part of American wrestling. And always will be.

Top Bottom