• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE '13 |OT| Austin 3:16 says, I just whooped your *bleeped for PG*

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So you're gonna keep Perry Saturn in ECW instead of his awesome WCW run? <3 Saturn

So you're gonna keep Perry Saturn in ECW instead of his awesome WCW run? <3 Saturn

Way better in ECW as the Eliminators. Besides I am sure I can have guys jump ship. Ill also create some legends like Henning, Warrior, Rude, Steamboat, Arn Anderson etc and have them move around.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
lol can't be serious here...

However: Dress for his 4th Alt REQUIRED!

Hey now! Saturn w/Raven's Flock was a great, great Saturn. So was Gay Biker Saturn up to the dress. It worked, I can't fault him for that.

Majukun

i'll ask first before gettin' in trouble..
is posting a link to a kickstarter that could be interesting for fans of wrestling games (old aki n64 games in particular) in this topic,against the rules?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So the Attitude Era stuff is neat, but would you pay $20 for an nWo Era expansion?

I would. WCW > WWE at the time.

Waaait up now. How many alts can we give a CAW? Also can we give each alt a separate theme? Mankind has like 3 themes based off his attire. Is Mark Henry's sexual chocolate gimmick in the game as an unlockable?

I would give Saturn this

1) WWF trunks
2) WCW grunge
3) Eliminators attire

And fuck yes I would pay $50 for an NWO expansion. That would be so sick. I am actually very pumped for next years game now. So many hints at a Monday Night Wars game. If they can get licensing issues for some of the wrestlers than it will be very special.

Also is there a way in the create a move to make the Razors Edge with his taunt?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Waaait up now. How many alts can we give a CAW? Also can we give each alt a separate theme? Mankind has like 3 themes based off his attire. Is Mark Henry's sexual chocolate gimmick in the game as an unlockable?

You can give 4 alternate attires, unsure if the theme changes but I don't think it does - I think the Mark Henry 98 vs Mark Henry current for instance are separate dudes. But I can't say for sure.

You can give 4 alternate attires, unsure if the theme changes but I don't think it does - I think the Mark Henry 98 vs Mark Henry current for instance are separate dudes. But I can't say for sure.

Mark Henry 98 is Nation of Domination. I was wondering if he had an alt as Sexual Chocolate, which is what he is mostly known for.

Giard

How do people make amazing-looking CAWs? Mine all have the same goofy look. I just downloaded a great Joker from The Dark Knight, he's almost perfect.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
lol, HBK just jumped Bret Hart before a match in my Universe game which led to Brodus Clay beating him in like 2 minutes.

Backflip

So the Attitude Era stuff is neat, but would you pay $20 for an nWo Era expansion?

I would. WCW > WWE at the time.

Of course I would. With the way the WWE Universe mode was made this year, they should have had a bigger WCW presence this year. With DDP in the game as DLC, I wonder if they plan on doing that in WWE '14.

With that said, I'm still looking for people to comment my creations on the PS3 : WCW Nitro arena, Wrestlemania IX arena, and nWo titantron. Keyword: Rom1.

WatTsu

Considering picking this up for $25 at the Amazon Black Friday thing.

Is it worth it/bug-free enough for $25? And should I go PS3 or 360? I was thinking PS3 just 'cuz music importation for CAW would be easier, and I don't want to renew my Gold subscription.

Fox Mulder

Is it worth it/bug-free enough for $25? And should I go PS3 or 360? I was thinking PS3 just 'cuz music importation for CAW would be easier, and I don't want to renew my Gold subscription.

Sure.

The attitude mode is worth $25 alone. I haven't followed wrestling in years, so I don't know how shitty THQ wrestling games have been this gen. I do wish the creation stuff didn't have such horrible loading times. It's borderline unusable to me, even with it installed on the HDD.

Giard

Sure.

The attitude mode is worth $25 alone. I haven't followed wrestling in years, so I don't know how shitty THQ wrestling games have been this gen. I do wish the creation stuff didn't have such horrible loading times. It's borderline unusable to me, even with it installed on the HDD.

Is there a noticeable difference in load times when it's installed?

I think it's worth it for $25. Either version is fine really. I don't know how the Community Creations server is for PS3 but with the CAW layer limit upped to the Xbox limit I hope people are putting up some great CAWs there.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Has anyone had a branching storyline in universe mode yet?

You would really have to sit and watch every match to see storylines develop. Simulated a few months to see Rock/Big Show vs. Undertaker/???. Decided to watch the match and Undertaker brought out Mankind as his tag partner.
I have no idea why this happened.

Biggest thing holding me back in this game is te loading times, to be honest. I was thinking of getting it for $25 on Amazon, but then watched videos... and the load times really seem no better than they were 5+ years ago in the earlier versions on the 360. To me, it's just too much to have to wait 5 minutes before actually getting into a match, from when you turn on the console to when you're grappling.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
Did a double take when I saw this on TV, pretty funny.

8qGnU.jpg

WatTsu

Just managed to snag this on PS3 a couple minutes ago. I was there right when the timer hit 0 and when I checked back after I got my email confirmation (about 30 seconds later) it was already sold out.

Gonna retire at the top from Amazon shopping, I think.

Got this during today's Black Friday sale at Wal-Mart and I gotta say, I'm loving it
3AQmK.gif

Last WWE games I played were the PS2 ones so the controls are taking some time to get used to, but i'm starting to get the hang of it.

Community Creations has to be one of the greatest features ever. It sucked having to make CAW's every time a new game came out back then
LLShC.gif

Giard

Another question about ripping tracks for themes...
I know that you have to use a CD. However, is there a way to move the tracks to a USB key afterwards?

I'd be pretty disappointed if I can bring my Universe mode at my friends' houses, but can't bring the themes with me.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
I'm going to take a wild shot in the dark and say that the Universe mode doesn't have an ending point.

My CAW has been WWE champion for 3 years, In Raw vs SD, that portion of the game actually ended when you had enough credentials to enter the Hall Of Fame. It's becoming quite BORING fighting random people with no storyline.

Ex. My CAW was going to wrestle CM Punk on Raw. My CAW enters the ring/loading screen/ Punk runs in the ring/beats my CAW up before the bell/loading screen/ match starts/mid-match my CAW walks out/match resumes and I beat Punk.

What became of that? NOTHING.

Got this during today's Black Friday sale at Wal-Mart and I gotta say, I'm loving it
3AQmK.gif

Last WWE games I played were the PS2 ones so the controls are taking some time to get used to, but i'm starting to get the hang of it.

Community Creations has to be one of the greatest features ever. It sucked having to make CAW's every time a new game came out back then
LLShC.gif

Same. Absolutely loving Attitude Era mode!

Now I'm debating on whether or not to buy the season pass or just pick out the select few I'd want. Tempted to auto unlock everything too haha.

WatTsu

Got my Amazon copy last night, had the chance to play with a few different modes. It's pretty good, I think definitely better than '12. Load times seem better (I'm on PS3, played '12 uninstalled on Xbox) and I haven't run into any major problems or glitches. Reversals seem a shade easier too, the timing indicator helps.

Still don't like the "hold a button down to kick out" system. And I'm not such a nostalgia freak that anything Attitude Era-related works for me (I'm hoping the "Rise of DX" segment ends soon because I just do not care about DX) but I do like the video packages, ratings data, and overall design of the Attitude Era mode.

CAW is still pretty cool, load times are a shade too long but otherwise you can do a lot with it (I'm pretty sure they just dropped the CAW code from last year right in). Haven't tried online or Community Creations yet but look forward to doing so soon.

Overall, seems like it was worth $25.

Linkhero1

Are the Community Creations servers so slow as to be unusable, just like the last three releases of this game?

It's a lot more stable than previous iterations. I do have an issue every now and then but I've been able to download all the CAWs I wanted.

I wish Austins Attitude Era started at King of the Ring 96. WWE owns the Jake the Snake rights and hes been in multiple recent titles. No excuse to not relive the spark of the Attitude Era and one of the biggest turning points in history. "Austin 3:16 says I just whipped your ass"

Also Rick Rude not being in the game is lame too. Like Jake the Snake, hes been in many recent games. He was apart of the original DX. I can understand Chyna not being in.

Sable should have been featured as well. She was HUGE in the Attitude Era and has been in HCTP. I think her and Vince have patched things up and are on good terms.

Bought this game on black Friday for $25, I think it was worse every dollar. I haven't had this much fun with a wrestling game since the old PS2 ones. I bought WWE 12 last year but I got bored of it quick. 13 comes around and I see the Attitude mode and I was sold instantly just because of nostalgia. The mode is amazing and It's great for people like my friend who didn't get a chance to experience it first hand. He's learning all about it through this game. If 14 comes out and manages to include most of the WCW roster and storyline I would probably buy it day 1 for $60. WCW>WWF>>>>WWE.

Picked it up for $25 black friday. Already downloaded Tyson Kidd, the PTPs, Kaitlyn, and a really good Kurt Angle.

My main problem with this game...why the hell do they still have the stupid struggle submission Ankle lock for Swagger/Shamrock? Hell, Michael Cole's ankle lock looks better.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Is there any reason Owen (and Test) can't be in the games, but Pillman and Eddie can?

Owen's wife blames WWE for his death(which you'll find accounts on both ends for that), and that's why he's not in the Hall of Fame despite the fact that Bret has forgiven them. I think Test was just never a big enough star to be worth it.

Ryce

I think he was one of the wrestlers who publicly spoke out against WWE after the Benoit murders. So I imagine he is not in their good books at the moment.
Actually, Blackman defended WWE on news networks against critics like Marc Mero. He also appeared on Raw after the Benoit incident in the 15th anniversary battle royal. He's on good terms with the company.

He's not in this game because with only so much room for Attitude Era wrestlers he doesn't quite rank as important enough.

Giard

How do I put someone through a table :/

If it's the announcer table, remove the cover first and irish whip the opponent to the table. If you grapple him then, you'll put him on the table and you can climb on there as well to smash him through (don't get reversed though).

For a normal table, the way I did it was by using a D-Throw close to the table. Check if any of your grapples are D-Throws: this means that you choose the direction where your opponent will land.

Jamie OD

Actually, Blackman defended WWE on news networks against critics like Marc Mero. He also appeared on Raw after the Benoit incident in the 15th anniversary battle royal. He's on good terms with the company.

He's not in this game because with only so much room for Attitude Era wrestlers he doesn't quite rank as important enough.

My mistake.

Sid

I think he was one of the wrestlers who publicly spoke out against WWE after the Benoit murders. So I imagine he is not in their good books at the moment.

Thx i didn't know this,i think he was good enough to be included since he was the hardcore champ a few times but eh.

Top Bottom