• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE '13 |OT| Austin 3:16 says, I just whooped your *bleeped for PG*

elektrixx

Banned
It's a shame the audio had to be chopped to omit "WWF" from Attitude Era Mode stuff. I would've been fine with them filling the gaps with "WWE" if it were mixed right.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
My friend got it last night and we played for a good 6 hours.

First thing is that the crowd is way too fucking loud. You can't hear shit. After a few adjustments in the sound menu it was more tolerable.

The off the top rope moves felt off. It seemed that we missed more times than hit.

Attitude Mode is nice but way too short. A few matches for DX and we were done.

The graphics are improved in some areas but some characters look awful. Shane and Vince don't even look like themselves. The hair on the majority of the characters is awful.

I'm not sure if they're unlockables but I miss the WCW arenas.

So far it's a 6 out of 10.

powerslam.gif

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Is there any way to move CAWs from one saved game under a profile to another saved game under a different profile?

dubq

Post patch, anyone else getting slowdown during exhibition and universe matches on PS3? I swear it's just one fucking bug after another with these games.. This pisses me off as I had played a shit ton of matches before the patch and didn't experience one of these slowdowns.

KAP151

Okay, how the FUUUUCK do you get Bulldog to submit in Attitude?

I have beat the ever loving shit out of him, all body parts are red.

Move him to middle of ring and nothing will submit past G-P area of breaking point. I have literally tried this for 20 mins. Sharpshooter everything.. nothing seems to work?

Move him to middle of ring and nothing will submit past G-P area of breaking point. I have literally tried this for 20 mins. Sharpshooter everything.. nothing seems to work?

That happened to me. It means it's bugged and you have to restart.

elektrixx

Banned

Are you mashing the face buttons also?

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I still don't understand why you can't have three pyros in an entrance. I could easily fix Kane's entrance, if it just allowed for three.

Fox Mulder

lol horrible, same glitch in last years game, and the year before, and the year before that. They really don't try to improve these games at all do they? Atleast this will be the final year of THQ handling the WWE license.

Glitches suck, especially if they've been present for years, but I've only had one glitch happen to me. I had a submission interrupted by an AI and the game got stuck in the hold. Had to restart the match.

I've beaten the attitude era stuff, so I've put a fair amount of hours into the game. This is my first wrestling game in forever, and I don't watch the stuff anymore, but it seems like a competently made game. The loading times in the creation stuff and servers are shitty though.

Seeing the bad news for THQ lately makes me wonder if they're going out on this game. Just finished the Attitude story mode. Some of it was frustrating but I thought it was well done for the most part. If they are going out, at least it will be on a good game.

I still don't understand why you can't have three pyros in an entrance. I could easily fix Kane's entrance, if it just allowed for three.

Whose Intro did you use for Attitude Era Kane? I ended up using X-Pac's but it still cuts part of the pyro off.

Also, has anybody messed around with the stats? Cena dropped to a 91 after some tweaking.

Eidan

Just came in to express my disappointment that this game doesn't allow you to transfer CAWs from 12 to 13. Fucker.

Eidan

I figured it wasn't when I saw that 13 didn't feature it. Honestly don't know why they wouldn't include it. CAW features for the most part seem to be the same year after year.

Giard

Got this a couple of days ago. I'm liking it a lot!
Attitude Era mode is fun, and I love creating wrestlers. The gameplay isn't bad at all IMO.

Are you wearing him down with holds before slapping on the sharpshooter?

If you are using attacks while he's down, that is coming off of a separate meter...You need to wear down his lower body with submissions, then pound the face buttons like crazy after you slap on the sharpshooter.

How do I just pick a wrestler up thats laying down? Every time I attempt to pick my opponent up they just go for a ground grapple.

Been playing the Attitude era and on the Brothers of Destruction story line. I have to say the attention to detail is incredible. I love how they got the attires and entrance music right. YUKES could have been mad lazy and only put in 1 theme and 2 attires per character. Good job.

How do I also access the Bonus matches? I see that I have unlocked some and have no clue on how to play them.

When I finish Attitude era I am going to dig into the create modes and get some of the characters DLC so I can have access to all the moves. Going to set up multiple profiles so I can have limitless CAWs.

I am going to download all the missing Attitude guys like Test, Angle, Dudleys, Hardys, Ahmed Johnson etc. WCW guys, ECW guys, Legends, MMA fighters, Japanese wrestlers etc. This is going to be the first wrestling game I am going to put time and fun into since HCTP.

I wonder how they are going to use the voice samples for next years inevitable Monday Night Wars game. I am sure it will be a redo of the actual invasion with some made up storylines built for the game.

blurrygil

How do I just pick a wrestler up thats laying down? Every time I attempt to pick my opponent up they just go for a ground grapple.

Right Stick Up

Edit: beaten soundly

Been playing the Attitude era and on the Brothers of Destruction story line. I have to say the attention to detail is incredible. I love how they got the attires and entrance music right. YUKES could have been mad lazy and only put in 1 theme and 2 attires per character. Good job.

They get about 98% of everything in most of these chapters. However, there are some small details they get incorrect. You'll spot em here and there. But overall they don't ruin the fun of reliving the AE.

How do I also access the Bonus matches? I see that I have unlocked some and have no clue on how to play them.

You'll actually play them in succession automatically, I believe. They also appear in the menu with the text "Bonus Match" at the bottom. Some do appear out of sequence, IIRC.

When I finish Attitude era I am going to dig into the create modes and get some of the characters DLC so I can have access to all the moves. Going to set up multiple profiles so I can have limitless CAWs.

Keep in mind DLC would have to be purchased for EACH account... :(

I am going to download all the missing Attitude guys like Test, Angle, Dudleys, Hardys, Ahmed Johnson etc. WCW guys, ECW guys, Legends, MMA fighters, Japanese wrestlers etc. This is going to be the first wrestling game I am going to put time and fun into since HCTP.

I started doing an expanded AE via Universe Mode. It's been a blast thus far. Dem damn DUDLEYS!!!

I wonder how they are going to use the voice samples for next years inevitable Monday Night Wars game. I am sure it will be a redo of the actual invasion with some made up storylines built for the game.

Hopefully they're implemented better than in 13.....yeesh.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
DLC for each account? wow that sucks. What if I download a CAW that has a DLC move? how does that work if you don't purchase the DLC.

You won't be able to download the character - they'll have a ! next to their name and won't let you. :|

Fox Mulder

I hope THQ doesn't go bankrupt before AJ is released as DLC. That would piss me off

well they took money from people for a season pass. I imagine they'd at least dump the characters online as the ships sinks.

I kind of want to see the fallout from a season pass taking people's money upfront for nothing though.

Eidan

So goddamn frustrated with this game. Last night I attempted to re-create my CAW from 12 in 13 by putting in the EXACT numbers I did on my 12 CAW. And the character STILL didn't look right.

It seems that in between 12 and 13 they decided to fuck with the hair that my CAW used. It was the short buzz cut (nearly completely shaven) one. In 12 it looked fine, but in 13 something has happened where the hair around the temples and the sideburns are completely removed now (even though they're still visible on the menu selection of the hair). So now my CAW looks like he has a severe receding hairline. Fucking THQ. Also the game freezes every time I attempt to edit layers, and the slow down in matches is remarkable, making breaking point moments take even longer because the game is crawling to a halt while you're mashing for the submission.

I'll try again tonight, but if I can't get my CAW looking the way I want I'm heading back to '12.

[/rant]

So I just bought the 500gb ps3 yesterday and I am trying to save my wwe 13 save file to the cloud from my 320gb ps3 but it won't save since its 3mb is size. So I went ahead and deleted all the CAW stuff I had to get it down to 2.7mb. I even try to use a USB to copy the file but there is no option.

Any suggestions?

McNei1y

I should upload my CAW for you to incorporate at some point. ;P

Sun has don't a great job of creating wrestlers based on WrassleGAF's avatars. Nocturnowl is a guy in a "owl" suit. Sokantish is a guy dressed in a Raiders uniform. My guy is knockoff of Ryback lol. I wish I had my Nats avatar at that time!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sun has don't a great job of creating wrestlers based on WrassleGAF's avatars. Nocturnowl is a guy in a "owl" suit. Sokantish is a guy dressed in a Raiders uniform. My guy is knockoff of Ryback lol. I wish I had my Nats avatar at that time!

I gave you a Nationals hat! This changes everything right?

McNei1y

I gave you a Nationals hat! This changes everything right?

I thought I included the Nats hat?

The hat is amazing. I look like I'm going to a baseball game wearing Ryback's attire. It's perfect!

I was just saying the Nats avatar because I couldn't even imagine what that creation would look like. Or if I selected a rainbow as an avatar. Or a horse. Or a ninja turtle.

It's funny that you decided to base it off their avatars. It has definitely produced some amazing creations. Ithil's was hilarious. As was Beef's. Those lips :lol :lol

The game is clicking with me more and more. This is deff my fav wrestling game since HCTP and Fire Pro Returns. My only gripe is that they removed some moves like Hogans moves, Warriors, Earthquakes and some of heel Rocks. I wish they could have left them in since they looked so good to begin with. Also where is Goldbergs spear from HCTP?

I should almost be finished with Attitude era, which I really don't want to end. Than I need to download all the DLC guys like Gangrel and make an Attitude, WCW and ECW Universe. In universe can I have WCW invade WWF and vice versa?

What my roster is going to be in Universe

WWF

All the Attitude era guys - Will sub in Paul Wight for Big Show and put Paul Wight in WCW

Test
Sid
Headbanger's
Ahmed Johnson
Fake Diesel
Fake Razor
The Dudley Boyz
Al Snow
2 Cold Scorpio
Owen Hart
Kurrgan
Golga
Giant Silva (Might just sub him for Khali)
The Hardyz
Benoit
Angle

WCW

Flair
Scott Hall
Nash
Hogan
Sting
Lugar
Steiner
Goldberg