• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE '13 |OT| Austin 3:16 says, I just whooped your *bleeped for PG*

Downhome

The DLC for this game, and the discount for PS+ only, really pisses me off. I don't suppose any of you have any free trial codes up for grabs do ya?

G-Fex

Bullshit, your streams were awesome. You are the blueprint to what I aspire to be. Our Fight of Fighters PPV was cool but it wasn't THIS.

it makes me want to start up another fed with 13'

3 hour monday nights killed it and so did my association with wrasslegaf.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Dude, if you do, I completely submit. You're the GAF league MASTER.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
can we get some ref DLC?

It's only 1 ref in the game. This is like NES pro wrestling games dumb.

Kaladin

The flow of the matches feels better this year than other years in this console cycle. That's the most important thing with these games IMO.

Kaladin

Does it still feel like a sim or is it more of something in-between the old SvR games and the newer ones?

I want to say it's more in between leaning towards Sim. The wrestlers don't seem to float as they have in the past and moves seem to do the right amount of damage. I've only played a few matches so far though.

smr00

Banned
lol Some of the create a wrestlers looked better on 12 than their in game 13.
My biggest complaint about all WWE games is that they always go for that airbrush cartoon kind of look. That TNA Impact game from years back still has the best wrestler models to date IMO and that's just sad.

Hopefully next-gen THQ will go with a more realistic looking approach, why they haven't taken this approach yet blows my fucking mind. Do that with WWE 14 and add camera support where you can import your face like with EA games.

Linkhero1

I want to say it's more in between leaning towards Sim. The wrestlers don't seem to float as they have in the past and moves seem to do the right amount of damage. I've only played a few matches so far though.

I really want to get it considering how diverse the roster is, but I've been burnt by these games in the past. The last WWE game I played was 2010. Do you feel as if it's a huge improvement, in terms of gameplay, compared to 2010?

smr00

Banned
I really want to get it considering how diverse the roster is, but I've been burnt by these games in the past. The last WWE game I played was 2010. Do you feel as if it's a huge improvement, in terms of gameplay, compared to 2010?
Aside from the obvious gameplay quirks all the SD games have had i think it's the best out of the series including HCTP.

It's super fluid and it's easily my favorite wrestling game to come out in the past 10-12 years. It's not perfect but as an overall package and wrestling game i think it's incredibly fun and it's defiantly the best wrestling experience I have had this generation. I hope THQ continues improving like they did with WWE 13 because compared to WWE 12 and previous titles it seems like they are working a lot harder on making a better overall experience and it might also have something to do with their WWE license expiring in 2014.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
How's the Rock look in this game?

hj7xl.gif

smr00

Banned
How's the Rock look in this game?

hj7xl.gif
He's alright i guess.. I only played him once in the short time i played in Universe mode and i swear he no sold my finisher 3 times.

My friend thinks i am crazy but he kicked out at 1 twice and straight up got back up after the 3rd.

Linkhero1

Aside from the obvious gameplay quirks all the SD games have had i think it's the best out of the series including HCTP.

It's super fluid and it's easily my favorite wrestling game to come out in the past 10-12 years. It's not perfect but as an overall package and wrestling game i think it's incredibly fun and it's defiantly the best wrestling experience I have had this generation. I hope THQ continues improving like they did with WWE 13 because compared to WWE 12 and previous titles it seems like they are working a lot harder on making a better overall experience and it might also have something to do with their WWE license expiring in 2014.

This sounds great. I think I'll pick it up and check it out.

Well let's be honest here. My ladder match with Spindashing was just too good that everything that came after couldn't live up to its epicness.

Linkhero1

Yes. I think you can store up to three.

Nice. Nice....Niiiiiiice.

Ok. I think I'm almost sold on this game. Last question: Are you able to change who you're targeting with a button and not have it change for you automatically? That was really annoying in 2008 and I don't remember if it was like that in 2010.

Nice. Nice....Niiiiiiice.

Ok. I think I'm almost sold on this game. Last question: Are you able to change who you're targeting with a button and not have it change for you automatically? That was really annoying in 2008 and I don't remember if it was like that in 2010.

From what I recall, you can set the targeting to manual and pushing a button will change who you will focus on.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
There is an Easy mode. The most pain I've had in the Attitude mode are the timed objectives.

This!

First Summerslam 98 bonus match. Sounds pretty easy but the CPU tag team partner is beyond stupid.

It's a small mistake but in Attitude Era, THQ put Philadelphia as the city KotR 98 happened in. It was actually Pittsburgh.

Soodanim

Just SD style games or wrestling games in general?

Ignoring the N64 games (No Mercy, Revenge), my wrestling game world began and ended with the first 5 SmackDown games. I originally meant just THQ wrestling games, but have other games I haven't heard of surpassed them? Screw it, what's the best wrestling game that isn't a Smackdown game?

Ignoring the N64 games (No Mercy, Revenge), my wrestling game world began and ended with the first 5 SmackDown games. I originally meant just THQ wrestling games, but have other games I haven't heard of surpassed them? Screw it, what's the best wrestling game that isn't a Smackdown game?

!Br930ZgBGk~$(KGrHqMOKiEEvMRIJbYeBL16+ICN(g~~_35.JPG

250px-Fire_Pro_Wrestling_Returns.jpg

347389-king_of_colosseum_ii_coverart_large.jpg

Totally agree.

I was able to piece together Rock's more high impact Rock Bottom with the taunt in the end in the create a special move mode. I'm really happy the creations servers are working day one this year. I already downloaded pretty good customs of Sid, Angle, Goldberg, and ******.

Why you gotta hype me like that? I have been put off by WWE games this WHOLE generation, but I'm always hoping this year is the day it all changes. But it just looks like the same, slow, clunky, and boring crap its always looked like.

I mean, I have fun when friends come over, but it's nothing like the PS2 days. Your comment however, has me intrigued.

Pavaloo

Wrestling games are the best party games. Seriously. When my brother, cousins, and I got into WWE 12, we got so into it that I bought one of those $30 WWE Championships, and we play for it every time we get together. It's one of my favorite multiplayer experiences ever.

Say what you will about wrestling and its thematics, but these things cross over into games SO DAMN WELL! Ladder match everyone is scrambling to topple that ladder to prevent someone from winning. Take out the referee so you can use weapons in regular matches. Too much goodness

I feel bad though, between Assassins Creed 3 and Halo 4 I'm going to have no time to play this :/

Top Bottom