• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE '13 |OT| Austin 3:16 says, I just whooped your *bleeped for PG*

I'm seeing a lot of different arenas for download in the creation area. I assume there are some good arena styles to be created this time. I see the Nitro arena as downloadable but I don't see where it as an unlockable. Same with the Smackdown Fist arena. I see the Smackdown 1999 arena as an unlockable but the Fist arena came later.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
I'm seeing a lot of different arenas for download in the creation area. I assume there are some good arena styles to be created this time. I see the Nitro arena as downloadable but I don't see where it as an unlockable. Same with the Smackdown Fist arena. I see the Smackdown 1999 arena as an unlockable but the Fist arena came later.

Nitro arena isn't in the game. If you go to options/unlockables, you should be able to see every arena that's in the game. I haven't unlocked the 99 Smackdown arena yet, but I saw that the fist arena is suppose to be in the game. Smackdown started in 99 so I guess it's the oval arena.

Well my 360 is refusing to read the disk. It reads Undisputed 3 fine though.

I guess it has something to do with newer games but this is very disappointing.

Nitro arena isn't in the game. If you go to options/unlockables, you should be able to see every arena that's in the game. I haven't unlocked the 99 Smackdown arena yet, but I saw that the fist arena is suppose to be in the game. Smackdown started in 99 so I guess it's the oval arena.

But you can create the Fist arena in create-an-arena and there are a few others you can create which aren't in the main game but all the parts are there. Pretty neat!

Izick

Holy fuck is this fun. My friend picked it up and we were playing some royal rumble and hardcore matches. So much fun. I haven't played since like Smackdown vs. Raw 2010, and damn is this so fresh and fun compared to that. The gameplay isn't perfect, and there's quite a few glitches, but it's still a hell of a time.

I was worried about the models, but after playing I just didn't really give a fuck about them. They look bad coming in on their intros when they're close up, but when you're actually playing they look decent. Fuck, I'd rather them have meh looking models if they have such an awesome roster like this. I hope we don't get fucked next year and get like 7 dudes that look good on for the PS4/Nextbox versions, and that's it. I hope they can keep this number of superstars in the next one, and improve the models as much as they can.

Also, I'm glad they have Foley's best intro music (Wreck) as the default one!

Awesome game!

Anybody get fan axxess? Just wondering if I'm the only one going to get it. Lol

I picked it up. I didn't want to bother going through a certain mode to unlock the wrestlers I really wanted to use. I needed to have everyone unlocked so I can start my own fed with some friends.

Since I'm fairly new to this series, how the heck do you kick out of a pin!? I'm getting pinned after elbows to the head and clotheslines.

Doombear

I picked it up. I didn't want to bother going through a certain mode to unlock the wrestlers I really wanted to use. I needed to have everyone unlocked so I can start my own fed with some friends.

Since I'm fairly new to this series, how the heck do you kick out of a pin!? I'm getting pinned after elbows to the head and clotheslines.

To kick out of pins you just have to hold X down, the meter will fill up quickly, and you want to let go of X just as it is in the green "kick out" section of the meter! Takes some getting used to.

To get out of submissions you mash buttons.

Linkhero1

Got the game today. Great so far. My only issue is the running button and getting out of the ring button is annoying. I can't run out and just slide out with one button anymore. I hate the fact that I have to hold both LB and LT, on my 360 controller, in order to get out of the ring. Other than that I don't have any complaints regarding the gameplay.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I saw this in a video
gdfdsfuje76.jpg

What is this from? All I've gotten in Universe mode is being able to turn off or on storylines. When I have them on, they just happen and I have no control over it.

To kick out of pins you just have to hold X down, the meter will fill up quickly, and you want to let go of X just as it is in the green "kick out" section of the meter! Takes some getting used to.

To get out of submissions you mash buttons.

Ohhhh. Got it, thanks. I froze everytime the meter came up.

Jamie OD

I saw this in a video
gdfdsfuje76.jpg

What is this from? All I've gotten in Universe mode is being able to turn off or on storylines. When I have them on, they just happen and I have no control over it.

There's a lot of confusion over whether or not those branching storylines are for Universe mode or just Create A Story. Some of the THQ guys on Twitter said that there is a 10%-15% chance of getting a branching storyline like this in Universe Mode.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I'm quite annoyed that AJ is not in the first batch of DLC. She looked pretty completed at some of the prelaunch events.

I really really wanted to create some Crazy GM stories around her that we didn't get to see in the real thing. Oh well, I guess I'll just focus on a what if D Bry turned face and shamus turned heel thing after the wrestlemania story. Might be awkward without the yes chants though.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Hunter Hearst Helmsley (Attitude Era) looks like dog shit.

That is all. Back to Attitude Era Mode

He and McMahon are frightening looking. Its weird how they get some of the details right, like the wierd bounce strut Gangrel does in his entrance, and how they blow it on other things. Attitude era Taker, Kain and Mankind look good, HHH and Vince....yikes.

Either way its fun to play I guess.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The creation in this game is quicker than in previous ones. Wrassle-GAF already has the wheels in motion!

b40UZ.jpg

There's a lot of confusion over whether or not those branching storylines are for Universe mode or just Create A Story. Some of the THQ guys on Twitter said that there is a 10%-15% chance of getting a branching storyline like this in Universe Mode.

I was just going to ask about this.

Thanks for the into.

I had $20 credit at EB and I just used it to get Fan Axxess.

What have I done GAF? I think this is the first time I've ever gone in on one of these passes. :/

VoxPop

I hear this is the best game, gameplaywise -- since No Mercy? I might pick it up for the holidays.

The models are awful, though.

Never understood the love for No Mercy. It was a great game in... what 2001? I actually tried to play with my friends for nostalgia's sake and that game blew chunks. The slowdown in tag team ladder matches were also epic. Not saying Smackdown is even that much better but people still play No Mercy!! Ridiculous. DoR was a good successor to No Mercy imo.

Linkhero1

I hear this is the best game, gameplaywise -- since Day of Reckoning 2? I might pick it up for the holidays.

The models are awful, though.

Fixed.

Somewhat true, though, there are still some issues in the controls. Learning curve might take a while with this one.

SkylineRKR

I haven't wrestled anybody since... 1984. Well, since Giant Gram to be exact. I also played the shit out of the original Attitude before that.

And I think WWE 13 is pretty awesome. Graphics took some getting used to, but the flow is nice. So I'm pretty much new to this franchise, but I find the controls to be good. Completed the first batch of Attitude Era matches, doing all the sub objectives too. Its been fun so far.

I have some issues with the sound which seems to be inconsistent. And at times, the framerate goes into slideshow mode but this is only during some throws from a certain camera angle. This is Ps3.

Giard

If everything about this is good (except the graphics), I might ask this for my birthday.

Does the game support custom soundtracks for entrances? If so, how does that work online?

Twiccan

Neo Member
Looks like most of Degeneration X is in the Attitude roster.

Is there a beefy enough male model in the game to make Chyna? :D

If everything about this is good (except the graphics), I might ask this for my birthday.

Does the game support custom soundtracks for entrances? If so, how does that work online?
The game does support it but you'll have to make separate playlists for each theme so it shows up. When you go online with it I think the opponent hears silence.

Top Bottom