• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE All Stars |OT| No Yukes allowed

Chrange said:
You unlock alternate outfits by playing through one of the campaigns as a wrestler, according to the info screen that flashes up during loading. I wonder if doing a tag team of two wrestlers through the tag one would give you both alternates...
According to a guy on gamefaqs tag team career unlocks both partners attires.

Shadybiz

The Antitype said:
Thanks to everybody that recommended I pick this game up.

I picked it up along with NFS Shift 2, and invited a bunch of friends over (and told them to bring beer) so that we could play some games.

These are the same guys I play fighting games with. VF5, SSF4, MvC3, all those. So we played some traditional fighters, and then I threw in All-Stars.

At first they were like 'WTF' but I told them the game had characters like Hogan, Macho Man, Stone Cold and Rock, so they could play people they knew.

We started playing WWE around 9, and expected to get back to the 'real' fighters within an hour. We were up till 2 am drinking beers, laughing, screaming, the whole deal. One of the best on-the-couch multiplayer sessions I've ever had.

If I never play the game again (which is unlikely), it's already paid for itself in full.

This is kind of what I'm looking for. I had been on the fence about getting the game, but the other day, I played the demo at Best Buy, along with a friend of mine. Warrior vs. Sheamus, and it was HILARIOUS! We only played for a few minutes, but it pretty much sold me. It made me remember back to the days of Wrestlemania 2000, when me and my former roommates would stay up until unreasonable hours of the night in 2v2 matches, Royal Rumbles, etc. I have a game night with a couple guys every couple of months, and we usually play fighting games as well, so this is officially on my list.

bumpkin

I don't know if it's even possible due to likeness rights or whatever, but I'd love to see Goldberg as a DLC character. The guy was just an absolute monster back in the day. :)

It really sucks that due to his final heinous actions, the WWE basically (and rightfully so) disavows his existence as a former superstar; Chris Benoit would've been a freaking awesome grappler.

bumpkin said:
I don't know if it's even possible due to likeness rights or whatever, but I'd love to see Goldberg as a DLC character. The guy was just an absolute monster back in the day. :)

Goldberg would be cool. He would have to agree to it though, cause he owns his own likeness.

I'd like to see Christian in the game, both Hardyz, Kurt Angle, Chris Jericho, and a few others. I haven't unlocked anybody yet, so maybe.

The Antitype said:
Goldberg would be cool. He would have to agree to it though, cause he owns his own likeness.

I'd like to see Christian in the game, both Hardyz, Kurt Angle, Chris Jericho, and a few others. I haven't unlocked anybody yet, so maybe.
They really missed the mark with some match ups. They could have had Ziggler vs Rude and Bulldog vs Bulldog jr.

Also, Jericho will be dlc.

I'm sure Alberto Del Rio will get in there post-WM when he wins the title, too.

I just went into a chain of 5 counters as Orton vs. Ricky Steamboat. Have I mentioned this game is awesome? :D

Messi

Anyone feel like telling me if it is fun to play as HHH? Or is it hard to play as him. I imagine someone like bret hart is fairly hard to use with the grapple chains.

I am hoping one of HHH's signature moves is the big spinebuster he used to do, same with The Rock before the peoples elbow. Hmmm I wonder if that is in the game too, or how it would work.

Ahh can't wait.

MiniDitka

Messi said:
Anyone feel like telling me if it is fun to play as HHH? Or is it hard to play as him. I imagine someone like bret hart is fairly hard to use with the grapple chains.

I am hoping one of HHH's signature moves is the big spinebuster he used to do, same with The Rock before the peoples elbow. Hmmm I wonder if that is in the game too, or how it would work.

Ahh can't wait.
I don't think any are hard to play as( a few suck though) but yeah hes fun and yes his spinebuster is in the game.

I finally got online tonight. Pretty fun experience, except actually getting online is a pain in the ass. I think people are still learning because I was chain grappling with Bret all over the place, and all people were doing was punching and kicking. I'm having a great time with the grappler class (Bret is the best so far, and I don't think The Miz can link moves). I still have no clue how to use the other classes, but I'm looking forward to learning.

RBH

AllStarsRedeemBanner.jpg

If you pre-ordered and have your redemption code, please note:

The Million Dollar Pack with bonus characters Million Dollar Man and Ted DiBiase Jr. will be available for download on or before April 19th.

If you pre-ordered online: A code with instructions on how to redeem your Million Dollar Pack with two downloadable characters should have been emailed to you when your game shipped.

If you pre-ordered In-Store Pickup Customers: A code with instructions on how to redeem your Million Dollar Pack with two downloadable characters should be printed on your receipt at time of purchase.

thefro

bumpkin said:
It really sucks that due to his final heinous actions, the WWE basically (and rightfully so) disavows his existence as a former superstar; Chris Benoit would've been a freaking awesome grappler.

Well, that problem's pretty easy to fix... just put the Dynamite Kid in instead.

RBH

MarshMellow96 said:
Will that pack be available for purchase for us non-preorderers at any point?
THQ have previously made pre-order packs (for the SvR series) available for purchase later on, so it wouldn't surprise me to see the Million Dollar Pack on sale in a month or two as DLC.

Nocturnowl said:
Got the PAL version earlier today, and I have to say that i'm very disappointed
that I have to unlock Kane

He's worth the effort you put into unlocking him. One of the best guys to use in the game.

Jube3

Loving this game, ran into a playstyle that destroyed me last night I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on how to counter it. He was using Roddy Roddy Piper (brawler) and I was using Kofi (acrobat), his punches came out so well that any aerial attack was out of the question as it just dropped me into a juggle. Blocking his combo didnt help much either as I didn't have enough time to get out of his follow up grab, the eye poke. If I didnt reverse this it left me wide open for a signature move every time.

Reflecting on the fight I should have probably played it looser with my striking but still, tough match for me.

PhatSaqs

Banned
Jube3 said:
Loving this game, ran into a playstyle that destroyed me last night I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on how to counter it. He was using Roddy Roddy Piper (brawler) and I was using Kofi (acrobat), his punches came out so well that any aerial attack was out of the question as it just dropped me into a juggle. Blocking his combo didnt help much either as I didn't have enough time to get out of his follow up grab, the eye poke. If I didnt reverse this it left me wide open for a signature move every time.

Reflecting on the fight I should have probably played it looser with my striking but still, tough match for me.
I sometimes lose to the simplest shit myself. One dude just kept spamming Warriors punch combo into grab on my wakeup and I felt helpless. Getting out of wakeup or ring enter situations is pretty much a 50/50 of getting grabbed or getting a (lucky) counter. There needs to be more options for wakeup and entering the ring IMO.

The game is still fun but there is some frustrating shit in it that if remedied would make it that much better. I'm still hoping they somehow patch endless stomach kick reversaling as well.

robot

Barf at no lobbies, having a private group kicked after every match suuuucks. Game is amazing though, weird they released a stick though. Analog is perfect for this game. Now to build Black Ninja from WCW n64!

DrDogg

PhatSaqs said:
The game is still fun but there is some frustrating shit in it that if remedied would make it that much better. I'm still hoping they somehow patch endless stomach kick reversaling as well.

There are already game mechanics in place that deter reversals. It's discussed in the strategy guide, but I'm sure someone will figure it out sooner rather than later.

At the highest level of play, you won't see many back and forth reversals.

robot said:
Barf at no lobbies, having a private group kicked after every match suuuucks. Game is amazing though, weird they released a stick though. Analog is perfect for this game. Now to build Black Ninja from WCW n64!

Besides the movesets, I actually really like the create a wrestler in this game. Besides Penis Man which I posted above, I created a few other guys I haven't created since the N64 days. It's really easy to use.

Geeze, if you want an easy way to unlock alternate ring attire, just go through the DX campaign with an AI Cena as your partner. I don't think I pinned or KOed a single one of our opponents, he basically did all the work.

How do you deal with people coming off the turnbuckle? The attacks track you across the ring, and it doesn't seem like punches interrupt or reversals work?

The Antitype said:
How do you deal with people coming off the turnbuckle? The attacks track you across the ring, and it doesn't seem like punches interrupt or reversals work?

You can reverse a jump off the turnbuckle, just takes some practice getting the timing down.

The Antitype said:
I'm not sure of the exact timing, but I just hit r1 right before they connected.

I really hope they include fantasy warfare for the dlc too, but I doubt it.

tralfazz

The Antitype said:
I usually time a RT with a LT to slide out of the ring just as they jump. Almost always avoid it.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
DrDogg said:
There are already game mechanics in place that deter reversals. It's discussed in the strategy guide, but I'm sure someone will figure it out sooner rather than later.

At the highest level of play, you won't see many back and forth reversals.
Damn, you're hustlin that guide like a mo, DrDogg.

Mine just came in. I will say that the game is definitely a lot deeper than its flashy exterior suggests, and the guide is the main reason why I think so. So kudos on that. Also, whoever made the decision to use notebook binding deserves an award. I thought they were cheaping out at first but it worked out great. I can actually have it in my lap without having it constantly close and lose my spot.

Jube3

canadian crowe said:
According to a guy on gamefaqs tag team career unlocks both partners attires.

I just beat it with Kofi Kingston and Hulk and only received Kofi's outfit and entrance :( I really want that Hogan NWO outfit. One more to go, I hope haha. Going to pick up the guide soon, definitely looks like its worth the price of admission.

Fox Mulder

DoctorWho said:
I get the impression Giant Bomb is big on this game.

watching the TNT sold me on the game. So much awesome shit going on. I haven't bought a wrestling game since like SVR 2005 or whatever.

The S-Word said:
I may buy this game.. i'm so upset at Chris Benoit though, we'll never see his likeness in a game again i bet and that sucks

The only hope we have is if Spike create another Fire Pro or KOC game. They could include his template no problem.

kobashi100 said:
The only hope we have is if Spike create another Fire Pro or KOC game. They could include his template no problem.
yea... imagine if they had a Four Horsemen or Revolution for this game.. and is there Mr Ass?

The S-Word said:
I may buy this game.. i'm so upset at Chris Benoit though, we'll never see his likeness in a game again i bet and that sucks

If the devs release The Dynamite Kid as a DLC character, then it would be SIMPLE to create Chris Benoit in the CAW mode.

Look for some in the gamefaqs threads or on wrestling-game specific sites.

Anyhoo, I'm lucky. I'm but a simple man, who likes Stone Cold, The Rock, DX HBK, CM Punk, and Randy Orton (since he was a heel in 2007 anyway). So I'm all accounted for. :D

I can't imagine why anyone would want Chris Benoit in anything at this point. I get nauseated and depressed just thinking about him.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
If there's a gaping omission from this game I would say it comes in the form of Yokozuna. Hell you wouldn't even have to change his proportions. Imagine his finisher where he does a Bonzai from like 100 feet in the air.

Also, the Eddie/HBK spot from the TNT was magical

zoner said:
If there's a gaping omission from this game I would say it comes in the form of Yokozuna. Hell you wouldn't even have to change his proportions. Imagine his finisher where he does a Bonzai from like 100 feet in the air.

Also, the Eddie/HBK spot from the TNT was magical
I'd say Honky Tonk Man is a glaring omission, but he's coming as DLC so I guess they realized. The man deserves a spot on the disk more than Sgt. Slaughter or Jimmy Snuka though.

I'm not sure about the cutoff date, but Del Rio and Barrett would have been better superstars than McIntyre and Swagger too. I can't believe Ziggler isn't DLC as well. Edit: Duh! Where's Christian?

What Eddy/HBK spot?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
El Pescado said:
I'd say Honky Tonk Man is a glaring omission, but he's coming as DLC so I guess they realized. The man deserves a spot on the disk more than Sgt. Slaughter or Jimmy Snuka though.

I'm not sure about the cutoff date, but Del Rio and Barrett would have been better superstars than McIntyre and Swagger too. I can't believe Ziggler isn't DLC as well.

What Eddy/HBK spot?
http://www.justin.tv/moeeez/b/282746739

Linkified

The Antitype said:

Matt Hardy you will never see him in a WWE game/ring ever again piseed off so many people + the whole youtube nonsense.

And Meth Hardy you won't see for a long time.

DrDogg

SapientWolf said:
Damn, you're hustlin that guide like a mo, DrDogg.

Mine just came in. I will say that the game is definitely a lot deeper than its flashy exterior suggests, and the guide is the main reason why I think so. So kudos on that. Also, whoever made the decision to use notebook binding deserves an award. I thought they were cheaping out at first but it worked out great. I can actually have it in my lap without having it constantly close and lose my spot.

Yeah... the problem is that I can't really start dishing out all the juicy info in the guide. If I do that, it's like I'm killing the sales of my own product.

The notebook binding is actually more expensive to produce. We went with that format mainly because the chain combos wouldn't fit if we used the normal format. I really like it because I can fold back pages and not worry about messing up the binding.

I'm glad you like the guide though. It took about three months and four builds of the game to complete it. CM Punk's chain combos section alone was a week of work.

vixlar

DrDogg said:
Yeah... the problem is that I can't really start dishing out all the juicy info in the guide. If I do that, it's like I'm killing the sales of my own product.

The notebook binding is actually more expensive to produce. We went with that format mainly because the chain combos wouldn't fit if we used the normal format. I really like it because I can fold back pages and not worry about messing up the binding.

I'm glad you like the guide though. It took about three months and four builds of the game to complete it. CM Punk's chain combos section alone was a week of work.

I donwloaded the guide of the demo, and let me say, I love what you and your team did, DrDogg. I will buy it when I buy the game. :)

Decay24

Neo Member
I just ordered the guide off Amazon. From the PDF that was posted, it looked really well done. Can't wait for it to come tomorrow.

Top Bottom