• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE All Stars |OT| No Yukes allowed

RBH

Boxart officially released:

164505_498941313354_110431863354_6349461_6315392_n.jpg

RBH

Character renders: http://www.operationsports.com/media/793/wwe-all-stars/

And an additional note about the Fantasy Warfare mode:
-FOUR AWESOME CHARACTER CLASSES – Punt an opponent sky high! Juggle him with your fists! Weave together killer combinations of high impact moves or best an opponent with your fists of fury! With four distinct classes of competitor – Acrobat, Big Man, Brawler and Grappler - WWE All Stars will provide players with WWE Legends and WWE Superstars who have distinct advantages, strengths and techniques, including specific combinations and unique abilities.

-FANTASY WARFARE – Who is the greatest WWE Superstar of all time? Which generation had the Best Big Man or the Most Impressive High Flier? Find out by choosing a side and playing through matchups between WWE Legends and Superstars to determine the best of all time, each introduced by cinematic video packages featuring authentic WWE footage.

-CREATE-A-SUPERSTAR – The greatest WWE roster of all time wouldn’t be complete without YOUR created WWE Superstars! Customize your Superstar and pit him against the game’s WWE Superstars and WWE Legends to see if he can become legendary.
http://www.operationsports.com/forums/wrestling/466414-wwe-all-stars-fact-sheet-renders.html

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Makes it sound like Def Jam Fight For NY. A man can dream!

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I played this at the NYC THQ event and it was surprisingly good. Brought me back to the N64 days of wrestling games and I don't touch the Smackdown vs Raw games.

That looks really fun, I'll probably pick it up regardless if it's good or bad as i have picked up literally all the wwe games since the ps2 days lol. Need a video of Randy Orton and that Rko asap!

Carnby

i think i will like this game more if slow motion is optional. i think it takes away from the action. otherwise, im really hoping for a return of Wrestlemania the Arcade Game (by Midway.)

Deadly Cyclone said:
I played this at the NYC THQ event and it was surprisingly good. Brought me back to the N64 days of wrestling games and I don't touch the Smackdown vs Raw games.

Is this going to have online play and dlc? This is my most anticipated game coming out.

RBH

Following the recent launch of the official website and unveiling of the final box art design, THQ has today ramped-up the marketing campaign for the forthcoming WWE All Stars with the launch of the WWE All Stars Fantasy Warfare Facebook Application. Who is the greatest WWE Superstar of all time? Now you can find out now by pitting the biggest WWE Superstars of today against the WWE Legends of yesterday.

The WWE All Stars Fantasy Warfare Application is a deep interactive video experience that showcases five Fantasy Warfare match-ups between one WWE Superstar and one WWE Legend. Match-ups feature a gameplay video in which users can choose from their favourite signature manoeuvres to determine how they would finish off their opponent. It's up to you to determine the greatest WWE Superstars of all time.

Some of the Fantasy Warfare match-ups will contain WWE Superstars and WWE Legends from the WWE All Stars roster who have yet to be unveiled. With nine ways to watch each match, a voting system and unlockable, exclusive "loot," which includes vintage wallpapers, "Macho Man" Randy Savage audio clips, WWE Shop discounts and more, this is a fantastic way to get ready for the release of WWE All Stars in the UK on 1st April 2011.

The more the WWE All Stars Fantasy Warfare Application is shared by the community, the faster the progress bar will advance to unlock the next Fantasy Warfare match-up, so get sharing to witness fantasy match-ups of awesome proportions now! You can install the WWE Fantasy Warfare Application from http://apps.facebook.com/wwe_allstars/

http://electronictheatre.co.uk/index.php/pc/pc-news/7178-wwe-all-stars-facebook-app-now-live

TxdoHawk

SmackDown vs. Raw will remain the simulation title

Ahahahaha! Hahahah! Ahaha. Haha. If only that was an actual joke.

Speaking of jokes, this game hopefully makes the XBLA Fire Pro haters realize it could've been a lot worse than avatars.

Deadly Cyclone said:

You've said the magic words.

TxdoHawk said:
Ahahahaha! Hahahah! Ahaha. Haha. If only that was an actual joke.

Speaking of jokes, this game hopefully makes the XBLA Fire Pro haters realize it could've been a lot worse than avatars.

But this game looks far better than XBLA Fire Pro(graphically at least, I haven't seen any gameplay vids from Fire Pro).

betweenthewheels said:
It'd be nice, though i'm skeptical.

It's been said about nearly every post AKI wrestler at some point.

I want to believe

That's true. I'd still like to see a non-licensed version of the AKI engine upgraded and released for PSN/XBLA/PC

It would come with a series of defualt generic wrestlers but the focus would be on creating your on and competing in online leagues.

Arena Designer
Character Designer
Custom Belts
Custom Intros.

It would be awesome.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Cerebral Assassin said:
Why don't you just buy Legends of Wrestlemania? It has a lot of the Legends & should be very cheap now.

Because it's horrendous. The grapple system is awful.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
gutter_trash said:
No Macho Man = no buy
Make him yourself. You can get a pretty convincing one made easily, along with anyone else you care to make. Requoting my post from above:

XiaNaphryz said:
Given that you can import your own MP3s for entrances, you can get pretty damn close in getting someone in there:

Macho Man - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoHQM_UmoWk
Money Inc and the Natural Disasters: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FP8mC_O-pZc

Some stuff happens to be built in if you just happen to pair up the right guys already on the roster, such as:

Mega Bucks - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nwx7jXT-MD0
Plinko said:
Because it's horrendous. The grapple system is awful.
There's a bit of a learning curve to it sure. But once you get used to it, it's actually pretty manageable. It's no AKI engine, but I liked it a lot better than the SvR garbage we've been getting forever.

nli10

Striker said:
Cena and Orton are today's Rock and Austin!

Oh god I can't post that without laughing.

I still find it laughable that Rock & Austin were the equivalents of Hogan/Savage/Warrior/Flair!

Age and when you started watching really dictates who your legends are so I just say they include as many as they can and do online votes on their web-page as to who they will sell afterwards as fan voted DLC. Could be like the WWE/WWF/WCW Hall Of Fame if they do it right with annual additions and extras.

Have they ever done GOTY versions of the wrestling games? If not they are missing a trick!

evil ways

Exaggerated moves and barrel chested characters aside, the animations look pretty good. Might give it a try if it ends up being a fun multiplayer game.

Damn, this actually looks good.

The grappling system looks somewhat similar to the aki games i.e: grapple first, then select move.

I'm crossing my fingers!

betweenthewheels said:
Damn, this actually looks good.

The grappling system looks somewhat similar to the aki games i.e: grapple first, then select move.

I'm crossing my fingers!

Been fooled too many times by that comparison. The video looked a lot more "Yukes" than "AKI" to me, and the combat seemed a little laggy/slow. Also hate the modeling but I guess they have to do something to standout as a completely different product from the Smackdown vs Raw games, which have more realistic modeling. Even though I loved Legends of Wrestlemania, it wasn't that great but the nostalgia trip made up for the flaws. Hopefully this one can at least pass that bar.

Ninja Scooter said:
Been fooled too many times by that comparison. The video looked a lot more "Yukes" than "AKI" to me, and the combat seemed a little laggy/slow. Also hate the modeling but I guess they have to do something to standout as a completely different product from the Smackdown vs Raw games, which have more realistic modeling. Even though I loved Legends of Wrestlemania, it wasn't that great but the nostalgia trip made up for the flaws. Hopefully this one can at least pass that bar.

I totally agree, but these days i'll take anything remotely different than Smackdown as a positive. I do think they could have made it cartoony without making them look as freakish as they do.

I also like how the wacky moves are left for the finishers only. I basically just want it to be fun and accessible to play with some friends. Lets hope it fits the bill!

Top Bottom