• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE All Stars |OT| No Yukes allowed

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
VAIL said:
That's what they want us all to think...

DLC is the worst thing to happen this gen, period end of story.
DLC is probably the main reason why AAA fighting games are still greenlit anymore.

What the hell was Ultimate Warrior's finisher in real life? Just a lame running splash, if memory serves?

Him shaking the ropes like a psychopath should be his new finisher in this game, it would cause the ring to break down on the molecular level, and his opponent would go insane at the sheer sight of it.

Punk and Austin confirmed on Facebook. The rest of the roster
I'm thinking Taker/Miz/McIntyre & Perfect/Snuka/HBK
will be revealed tomorrow on IGN.

MrMephistoX

SapientWolf said:
DLC is probably the main reason why AAA fighting games are still greenlit anymore.

Personally I'd rather pay for solid fighter DLC than map packs for COD and Halo but that's just me.

Henry Cooldown said:
What the hell was Ultimate Warrior's finisher in real life? Just a lame running splash, if memory serves?

Him shaking the ropes like a psychopath should be his new finisher in this game, it would cause the ring to break down on the molecular level, and his opponent would go insane at the sheer sight of it.

He did a gorilla press slam first, then the splash.

Anyway some of the finishers look strange so exaggerated, but I guess that's what they were going for. The 6 million dollar man sound effects are cool though. The lack of actual subs sucks and really ruins finishers like the Sharp Shooter.

RBH

wwe-all-stars-20110223093631424.jpg

wwe-all-stars-20110223093708704-000.jpg

wwe-all-stars-20110223093633268.jpg

wwe-all-stars-20110223093704969-000.jpg

wwe-all-stars-20110223093632361.jpg

wwe-all-stars-20110223093656876-000.jpg

wwe-all-stars-20110223093637658.jpg

wwe-all-stars-20110223093701032-000.jpg

wwe-all-stars-20110223093636783.jpg

wwe-all-stars-20110223093714953-000.jpg

wwe-all-stars-20110223093636361.jpg

wwe-all-stars-20110223093712875-000.jpg

wwe-all-stars-20110223093634205.jpg

wwe-all-stars-20110223093645642-000.jpg

wwe-all-stars-20110223093634564.jpg

wwe-all-stars-20110223093653126-000.jpg

DLC
•Big Bossman
•Chris Jericho
•Jerry "The King" Lawler
•Michael Hayes
•Mark Henry
•R-Truth
•The Million Dollar Man Ted DiBiase
•Ted DiBiase Jr.
•Dusty Rhodes
•Cody Rhodes
•Hawk
•Animal

Buckethead said:

Dude, seriously? Warrior was awesome when we were kids, but he was barely a wrestler, and everyone hated him backstage due to him...being you know, unprofessional and INSANE.

Regardless! Stoked for this roster! Taker and Austin look awesome!

Pretty good roster. The only people I wish were in are Rude, Ziggler, and Christian.

Also, are there more DLC wrestlers being announced? They said there would be over 10 more on top of the 6 that were revealed int he first go around, but with today's announcement we only have 12 total.

RBH

canadian crowe said:
Also, are there more DLC wrestlers being announced? They said there would be over 10 more on top of the 6 that were revealed int he first go around, but with today's announcement we only have 12 total.
That's what I'm hoping for as well.

Funshine

Neo Member
def. gonna pick this up its been a while since I've owned any kind of wrestling game. I think my last one was one of the old smack down games on ps2 also when reading the preview i thought Ricky Steamboat was Liu Kang and got confused for a second.

Ken Masters said:
so buying all the DLC characters, we're looking at $100 game. I love this generation
I'm not sure the dlc will cost alot. We got a ton of content for raw 2011 for 10 bucks. I'm thinking that for all the dlc wrestlers we are looking at 15.

GeoramA

Jericho as DLC sucks. Guy's a sure-bet Hall of Famer.

Ah well, THQ has my money with that one. Along with the Road Warriors.

RBH said:
That's gotta be Regal taking Miz's finisher, right?

Also, all this DLC sucks for anyone getting the Wii version. I was gonna buy it for my bar's game night, but we've only got a Wii there and I'm not paying full price for a crippled roster.

That's not how this stuff works at all, DLC is planned ahead of time and budgeted as extra revenue. They aren't just cutting out characters at the last minute.

A big spoon full of bullshit and you're eating it right up.

Lettuce

Seriously where the hell is Mick foley?? And there seems to be some strange selections, the strange ones to me are:

eddie guerrero
Ricky Steamboat
Jerry "The King" Lawler
Mark Henry

Was eddie really that popular?, i would put Chris Benoit in over eddie!

For me it would be

eddie guerrero >>>>>>>>Chris Benoit
Ricky Steamboat>>>>>>>Mick Foley
Jerry "The King" Lawler>>>Scott Hall
Mark Henry>>>>>>>>>>>Yokozuna

Glad to see Legion Of Doom in though, but if they have them that have to add Tug Boat and Earthquake. I would pay for another DLC pack aswell, i mean theres so many possibilties i dont watch WWE anymore so im only going on the old school side:

Bam Bam Bigelow
Billy Gunn
Bradshaw
British Bulldog
Crush
Diesel
Earthquake
Faarooq
Hacksaw Jim Duggan
Iron Sheik
Kevin Nash
Kurt Angle
Lex Luger
Owen Hart
Rick Rude
Sting
Tugboat
Vader

RyanCE

Banned
Lettuce said:
Seriously where the hell is Mick foley?? And there seems to be some strange selections, the strange ones to me are:

eddie guerrero
Ricky Steamboat
Jerry "The King" Lawler
Mark Henry

Mick Foley's in TNA and his contract probably isn't anything like Hogan's. And yes, Eddie was that popular. He was incredibly over with the fans before (and even after) his death. I'm not seeing what's so strange with including Steamboat, either.

JdFoX187

Banned
I don't understand how shit like Miz gets in, but Jericho is left for DLC. I guess because people would be more inclined to buy DLC if it included Jericho, rather than Miz.

I'm with Penguin on this though. The roster looks pretty solid, but I still need a demo. I doubt I'll buy it Day One anyway, but might pick it up a couple months after release.

Lettuce said:

Yeah, Benoit's popularity is really at an all-time high right now.

JdFoX187 said:
I don't understand how shit like Miz gets in, but Jericho is left for DLC. I guess because people would be more inclined to buy DLC if it included Jericho, rather than Miz.

Exactly. Super-popular with fans of all ages, but doesn't specifically represent any roster (heroes or current), and people will pay for him. (I will.) Also, WWE don't own his character etc. Wonder if their ownership of characters alters things like if they have to pay for likenesses? (I know most modern characters are owned wholly by WWE, but I'm assuming that a lot of legends are otherwise.)

Ken Masters said:
so buying all the DLC characters, we're looking at $100 game. I love this generation
Yes it was much better in the old days where I had to pay $60-70 for Street Fighter 2 Turbo just to play as 4 characters that were already in the game, and then a year later pay another $60-70 for Super Street Fighter 2 to get 4 more characters. Man publishers were so less greedy then!

Edit: also McIntyre and no Del Rio is some bullshit.

Diesel is a most in my book! Diesel's jackknife power bomb was brutal back in the day. After seeing the Finishers video, this will be a day one pick up for me.

bjork

JdFoX187 said:

How dare they include the current world champ in a game that comes out right around WM!

JdFoX187

Banned
bjork said:
How dare they include the current world champ in a game that comes out right around WM!
Game has been in development since before Miz even won MitB. Jericho should be in the game on Day One, not DLC.

bjork

JdFoX187 said:
Game has been in development since before Miz even won MitB. Jericho should be in the game on Day One, not DLC.

It'll probably be day-one DLC if that makes you feel any better. ;)

Yeah. I think people have to remember, WWE wants to push it's CURRENT talent that are popular among fans who still watch wrestling today.

I'm not one of them, but hell, as long as you have Austin, Rock, Taker, HBK and Paul Levesque, we're good.

I wish there were women in this game, because in this art style, they'd be walking to the ring with beachball-sized funbags in their shirts.

Ninhead

Benoit's being scrubbed from the sports-entertainment history books. You'd have a better chance at Owen Hart these days, lawsuits be damned.

sajj316

farnham said:
id love me some benoit.... :(

"No chance in hell" ..

Benoit the person has tarnished Benoit the wrestler. No way WWE will want to be associated with him or his likeness every again.

oh, and Chris Benoit could stay in hell ..

Henry Cooldown said:
I wish there were women in this game, because in this art style, they'd be walking to the ring with beachball-sized funbags in their shirts.

Hell Yes! Trish Stratus and Sable. For some reason i always had a thing for Stephanie McMahon

Lothars

sajj316 said:
"No chance in hell" ..

Benoit the person has tarnished Benoit the wrestler. No way WWE will want to be associated with him or his likeness every again.

Yeah which is unfortunate because Chris Benoit was one of the best wrestlers but either way it sucks.

On the subject of Benoit, what he did was REALLY FUCKED UP. But they examined his brain and he had the brain of an eighty year old man with dementia because of all of the concussions. The same thing that's causing all of these old football players to commit suicide. So I find it hard to shit on him the same way I would for a person who wasn't mentally impaired.

Top Bottom