• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Draft |OT| A McMahon on every show

Status
Not open for further replies.

FyreWulff

Just think, the last (ish?) time they ran the draft, they publically pooped on Smackdown by drafting Cena to Smackdown early in the show and then re-drafting him back to Raw before Raw even went off the air.

Tom Nook

Just think, the last (ish?) time they ran the draft, they publically pooped on Smackdown by drafting Cena to Smackdown early in the show and then re-drafting him back to Raw before Raw even went off the air.

The most BS thing I ever saw, SMH at the end.

Semi-relevant

wTv0WAm.jpg

Oh :(

They gotta bring Graves up right? RIGHT?

UberTag

My prediction for the 6 NXT draft picks...

1) Finn Bálor
2) American Alpha
3) Bayley

Those are the obvious ones.

4) Tye Dillinger
5) Nia Jax
6) Corey Graves

I want to see Joe and Nakamura on the main roster as much as anyone but I don't believe it's in the cards for tomorrow night.
We'll see Joe debut at the Rumble and Nakamura debut on the RAW After Mania.

Toki767

How does the 6 NXT picks even work?

Does each brand get 3 picks?

Can 1 brand pick 6 because the other brand doesn't want any of them?

Tagyhag

The third option.

But I'm sure some will go specific brands, like the women.

I can't for the life of me see the women being split up. It'd be absolutely stupid.

My guess is they are available in the pool of picks like everyone else and they can be picked at any time. Imagine a character select screen in a fighter or a moba. They wont have the whole NXT roster on that screen, but they will simply have the six they want to bring up. That seems the best way to do this, as having the whole NXT roster there would lead to some weird stuff post show - for example if they dont want to bring up Nakamura they having him on the screen would lead to annoyance if he did not get picked.

I am pretty sure a few minutes after RAW goes live we will see a graphics of all available wrestlers for the current main roster, and six NXT people that are eligible for drafting will be included.

KazenY2J

Finn Balor
American Alpha
Bayley
Alexa Bliss
Hideo Itami
Carmella

Itami's not doing anything so might as well

bjork

I kinda wish there wasn't a list of who to pick from, it would've been cool to see some random returns happen as a part of this.

KissVibes

Banned
I kinda wish there wasn't a list of who to pick from, it would've been cool to see some random returns happen as a part of this.

They absolutely have to have some surprises. Sheets were saying for months that WWE was trying to bring back a bunch of olds to pad the draft out. Plus, Tajiri isn't on the list and he just resigned.

Asuka and Bayley seems like the best women picks. Bliss starting to get really good, and I think she could excel if given more time in NXT so I would not bring her up just yet as it would reset her fantastic development. Asuka is good enough and get over on the main roster via her in ring aggression even if her language skills are still developing

Balor, Americana Alpha, Itami, Joe for the guys. Even if it seems weird bring up both NXT champs in one night, NXT will recover... it always does.

Toki767

I really don't think Vince has any interest in Asuka.

Nia Jax on the other hand. Well, she's the Rock's cousin. They don't have enough of the Rock's cousins on the main roster.

UberTag

My logic in going with Tye and Nia is that both received raves for their respective performances at the last NXT Takeover event and yet have barely been utilized since the European tour which followed it.

And Graves just makes sense to elevate him to the big leagues (and give credence to the Joey Styles video about drafting announcers from the weekend). I figure they may want to send Otunga down to provide color on NXT as his replacement.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Alright, I've counted 5 people in this thread that think Carmella is ready to graduate from NXT. Who is holding the drugs? Where can I procure some of the drugs?

Toki767

Alright, I've counted 5 people in this thread that think Carmella is ready to graduate from NXT. Who is holding the drugs? Where can I procure some of the drugs?

NXT callups have never been about who's ready to graduate from NXT (lol @ Baron Corbin and Apollo Crews)

It's about who Vince likes

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
NXT callups have never been about who's ready to graduate from NXT (lol @ Baron Corbin and Apollo Crews)

Can't think of any reason why Vince would like Carmella to come up. She's green, a marginal wrestler and needs a new character. At least Corbin and Apollo have Vince bodies.

UberTag

You didn't even mention some of the more egregious offenders on the ladies' side... namely Eva Marie and Kelly Kelly.

Oersted

They absolutely have to have some surprises. Sheets were saying for months that WWE was trying to bring back a bunch of olds to pad the draft out. Plus, Tajiri isn't on the list and he just resigned.

Given what happened to the Dudley Boyz... I can hold my breath

Soodanim

I was under the impression that the brand split and the drafting wasn't looked back on by fans with a great deal of fondness. Actually, given how WWE is these days that's probably true, and they're deciding to do it again anyway because reasons.

Toki767

I was under the impression that the brand split and the drafting wasn't looked back on by fans with a great deal of fondness. Actually, given how WWE is these days that's probably true, and they're deciding to do it again anyway because reasons.

They have the roster size and depth to do a brand split.

The issue is that they're seemingly making all of the same mistakes that caused the last brand split to be crap.

I just wish the Women's division was exclusive to one brand, they're just starting to get a bit better in the number of women who can put on a good match but the depth still isn't where IMO it needs to be, splitting it could be a huge set back.

And oh god, Nia isn't ready but nepotism will probably see her being called up way too soon, there are so many pieces still not in place there that she really needs more time though as long as she's in NXT she's been a monster jobber to the stars but that can be played off as just her gaining experience and "leveling up" after each loss, she should be a "killer" or at the very least a smiling sadist. That said, the more women they take out the more they can restart the division in NXT with the women who have been waiting in the wings for months and at least in one case, almost a year. I'm really expecting NXT is going to do something major with Athena/Ember Moon after all this time. I'd rather have one eventually deep pool of talent that would eventually lead to a women's tag division instead of two shallow ones.

As for bringing back the Crusierweight division and making it Raw exclusive killed the Women's division doing the same for Smackdown... Ehhh no hopes there, I mean they have more hours to fill and I guess that's what it'll be with but I have no faith in them doing with it what they failed to do the last time around. I doubt Vince's opinion on it has changed either. This is certainly a Triple H pushing so I hope he can do whatever is possible to not have Vince and his cronies fuck it up.

KingBroly

Banned

There's no specific NXT list, only that 6 from it will be drafted.

Razorskin

----- ------
I really don't think Vince has any interest in Asuka.

Nia Jax on the other hand. Well, she's the Rock's cousin. They don't have enough of the Rock's cousins on the main roster.
The first pick of this year's draft...

The Authors of Pain!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom