• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Draft |OT| A McMahon on every show

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would love to see her up on the main roster. Problem is she's very like 'Brock''ish in terms of her dominance of the division. Would hate to see her fed to Charlotte.

True, but if they are splitting the female division over both RAW and SD then put her on SD so she doesn't have to fight/job to Charlotte on a semi-regular basis. She makes a hell of a lot more sense than Alexa, Nia or Eva

They totally need to do an angle where American Alpha win the titles and then the Revival come up and say AA ran away from NXT because they kept getting their asses handed to them.
No they don't. Revival defending against AA was the worst booked thing NXT has ever done, and they tried to get Eva Marie and Alex Riley over.

My picks for the NXT callups in order of preference:

1 – Bayley – Simply put, it all boils down to this: It’s. About. Fucking. Time. She has been long overdue.

"Being due" has nothing to do with it, she can be the biggest women's star of all time in a walk and the only reason she isn't there right now is that she was injured when they called up the other women. Not even Balor or Nakamura is a more obvious callup here.

Booked right, Asuka vs Sasha could be incredible.
I'm sure most wouldn't agree but I think Asuka vs. Charlotte could be even better

Asuka matches are more fun to watch when you have a shitty heel underestimating her, and over the course of the match they become more and more afraid of her

Charlotte is big/strong enough to seem like a legit threat to Asuka while still totally getting caught up in heel antics and getting rocked by kicks. Only chance of winning being heel tactics

Sephzilla

I'm sure most wouldn't agree but I think Asuka vs. Charlotte could be even better

Asuka matches are more fun to watch when you have a shitty heel underestimating her, and over the course of the match they become more and more afraid of her

Charlotte is big/strong enough to seem like a legit threat to Asuka while still totally getting caught up in heel antics and getting rocked by kicks. Only chance of winning being heel tactics

Asuka vs Charlotte would be awesome but honestly, in terms of in-ring talent, Charlotte isn't on the same level as Sasha or Becky. Also Heel Sasha is 100x better than Heel Charlotte

It's funny reading posts about the NXT callups that don't include Nakamura.

In kayfabe or real life, this dude isn't your #1 or #2 NXT pick? Come on now. Unless there's a catch, he's getting called up.

DMczaf

In kayfabe or real life, this dude isn't your #1 or #2 NXT pick? Come on now. Unless there's a catch, he's getting called up.

That's not even the funnier one.

None of the NXT picks will be the Mens, Womens or Tag Team champions.

These are the worst GMs of all time

Why do some of you guys think that Asuka will stay in NXT? She's already pretty old in 'WWE womans' terms. It would seem like a waste of an investment to hold her down in NXT.
Some rumor went around when she debuted that she's staying in NXT permanently. It's just dumb dirtsheet talk. Why would someone move across the world and learn a new language to wrestle for 200 people forever?

I don't know, I just don't feel he's getting called up. I imagine he gets a run with the NXT belt before he gets brought up. Plus they need some definite guys back in NXT, they can't bring him, Joe and Balor all up at the same time. My envision is a Royal Rumble debut.

Why is booking a team staying in NXT to beat a team leaving NXT the worst NXT booking ever?

Because the team staying in NXT is magnitudes less over and also heel, hello. It'd be like Bayley putting over Deonna Purazzo on her way out. You can't just book a team to get heat by making them beat someone they obviously shouldn't.

Plus Dash Dawson and Van Wilder are not likely to even make the main roster cruiserweights, anyway, so fantasy booking their debut as a tag championship match and reminding people that American Alpha lost twice to these jokers is way far gone.

I don't know, I just don't feel he's getting called up. I imagine he gets a run with the NXT belt before he gets brought up. Plus they need some definite guys back in NXT, they can't bring him, Joe and Balor all up at the same time. My envision is a Royal Rumble debut.
Still, none of this logically makes sense. You're overthinking it for some hypothetical better time in the future. Why wouldn't the people drafting be salivating to get Nakamura right away?

People are saying it because regardless of how good the performers are, NXT is still developmental. They need to get the guys used to working the WWE style of wrestling to cameras and they also need the talent to keep people watching. You also have some talent (like Asuka) learning English. Nakamura can speak it but I'm sure he's also working on his

With Nakamura's popularity they could easily just try to rest the show on his shoulders for a while while they build up a new group. NXT has a lot of solid people but at a certain point when you take away 6 people (assuming they're part of the "good" group) there's really not a whole lot left.

Also if Nakamura is (rightfully) being built into a main eventer, you should probably have a place for him on the card.

It's entirely possible that tonight they announce something that changes what NXT is, we'll have to see

Still, none of this logically makes sense. You're overthinking it for some hypothetical better time in the future. Why wouldn't the people drafting be salivating to get Nakamura right away?
Steph and Shane are worried that their husband or brother-in-law respectively will bring out the sledgehammer if they take away his top talent?

Sephzilla

The catch is that he hasn't even been in NXT for half a year. That and drafting Joe, Balor, and Nakamura pretty much murders NXT's main event drawing power.

Guys, NXT lost Neville, Sami, Owens, Breeze, Charlotte, Sasha, and Becky within a year, and it stayed just as good. (Well not the women's division, just because Sasha vs Bayley was the greatest match ever.)

Don't know what NXT or Triple H has done to lose your faith. Was it the 12 straight great PPV shows?

Sephzilla

Guys, NXT lost Neville, Sami, Owens, Breeze, Charlotte, Sasha, and Becky within a year, and it stayed just as good. (Well not the women's division, just because Sasha vs Bayley was the greatest match ever.)

Don't know what NXT or Triple H has done to lose your faith. Was it the 12 straight great PPV shows?

Losing a bunch of talent over the course of a year =/= losing them all in one night. NXT is likely to lose Bayley, Balor, Asuka, Joe, American Alpha, and maybe Nakamura all at once. That's four, potentially five, of their biggest stars plus both singles champs.

And on that note, NXT has totally felt the impact of those losses. The last Takeover was a significant step down and the week to week shows feel like they're treading a ton of water compared to a year or two ago.

Anth0ny

That's not even the funnier one.

None of the NXT picks will be the Mens, Womens or Tag Team champions.

These are the worst GMs of all time

John and Wai brought it up... all they have to do is say Nakamura/Joe and Bayley/Asuka aren't eligible for the draft because they're locked in for the next takeover show as main events. Simple.

If that stipulation isn't brought up, those four not being drafted makes no sense at all.

Losing a bunch of talent over the course of a year =/= losing them all in one night. NXT is likely to lose Bayley, Balor, Asuka, Joe, American Alpha, and maybe Nakamura all at once.

And on that note, NXT has totally felt the impact of those losses. The last Takeover was a significant step down and the week to week shows feel like they're treading a ton of water compared to a year or two ago.
When I see that list of names coming up, I'm happy. NXT's needed new names at the top since Nakamura came in half a year ago.

I trust we've got some big surprises and shakeups to keep it fresh. CWC guys are going to Raw or NXT, they've been holding on to Roode, Roderick Strong's on his way, etc. It's all good.

Jamie OD

Some rumor went around when she debuted that she's staying in NXT permanently. It's just dumb dirtsheet talk. Why would someone move across the world and learn a new language to wrestle for 200 people forever?

At the time it was WWE realising the NXT audience were now expecting good quality women's wrestling because of the Horsewomen, Paige, Emma and Natalya. With Charlotte, Sasha and Becky being called up they needed a big name to fill their spot. That's where Asuka came in. Things could be different now although I still don't think Asuka will be drafted.

Sephzilla

John and Wai brought it up... all they have to do is say Nakamura/Joe and Bayley/Asuka aren't eligible for the draft because they're locked in for the next takeover show as main events. Simple.

If that stipulation isn't brought up, those four not being drafted makes no sense at all.

Yeah, plus it's not like there haven't been a bunch of NXT wrestlers that debuted on the main shows while they were still champion down in NXT. Hell, Paige was a dual champion for a short bit of time.

Yep, all of this makes sense. I think they'll just say the champs aren't eligible, though.

Keep in mind though that Owens, Paige, and Sasha all came up while being champion. This wouldn't be anything new.

Aiii

So not worth it
The catch is that he hasn't even been in NXT for half a year. That and drafting Joe, Balor, and Nakamura pretty much murders NXT's main event drawing power.

NXT doesn't have that much drawing power. Besides, if you're WWE, the shows you want to succeed are the ones people watch, not the niche ones.

The whole reason guys like Joe, Roode, Aries, Rhino and the like are in NXT is so they have a couple of main event guys there at all times as the developmental talent gets promoted.

Sephzilla

NXT doesn't have that much drawing power. Besides, if you're WWE, the shows you want to succeed are the ones people watch, not the niche ones.

The whole reason guys like Joe, Roode, Aries, Rhino and the like are in NXT is so they have a couple of main event guys there at all times as the developmental talent gets promoted.

Haven't NXT house shows been outdrawing WWE house shows recently?

Anth0ny

Yeah, plus it's not like there haven't been a bunch of NXT wrestlers that debuted on the main shows while they were still champion down in NXT. Hell, Paige was a dual champion for a short bit of time.

yeah they can easily do double duty for a little bit, not a big deal. kevin owens debuted with the damn nxt belt, remember?

Nakamura needs an NXT title run? LOL.

The only kayfabe reason Nakamura doesn't get called up is that he's even more skinnyfat than CM Punk. I wouldn't say it's impossible, I mean Chris Hero got shown the damn door, forget being held off the main roster. But Nakamura is an entity beyond this earthly realm and if you pick six (seven, really, since American Alpha will count as one) and one is not Nakamura--

--you don't really have a good reason. I could argue that you don't even have a reason if he isn't the first NXT pick right after Bayley.

The only kayfabe reason Nakamura doesn't get called up is that he's even more skinnyfat than CM Punk. I wouldn't say it's impossible, I mean Chris Hero got shown the damn door, forget being held off the main roster. But Nakamura is an entity beyond this earthly realm and if you pick six (seven, really, since American Alpha will count as one) and one is not Nakamura--

--you don't really have a good reason. I could argue that you don't even have a reason if he isn't the first NXT pick right after Bayley.
Yep, people are getting so caught up in their elaborate "perfect" fantasy booking. I'm guessing the reality of Nakamura being in full blown WWE already is too much for people to handle.

Without a rule against it, why wouldn't you draft Nakamura *immediately*? Don't overthink wrestling.

Sephzilla

Yep, people are getting so caught up in their elaborate "perfect" fantasy booking. I'm guessing the reality of Nakamura being in full blown WWE already is too much for people to handle.

Without a rule against it, why wouldn't you draft Nakamura *immediately*? Don't overthink wrestling.

You're applying shoot draft logic to a predetermined "event" basically. The logical reasons for Nakamura to stay in NXT for a little while longer are right there. If this was a legitimate draft, however, Nakamura would easily be a top 5 pick

styl3s

He needs to get that title run so he will be ready for the big leagues, like Bo Dallas.

You're applying shoot draft logic to a predetermined "event" basically. The logical reasons for Nakamura to stay in NXT for a little while longer are right there. If this was a legitimate draft, however, Nakamura would easily be a top 5 pick
No, I'm still thinking in kayfabe. There are no kayfabe reasons not to snatch Nakamura immediately.

You really think the brand authority figures would ignore Nakamura being right there for them? Daniel Bryan and Mick Foley and Shane and Stephanie wouldn't each individually love to have this guy?

What logical reasons exist for not having Nakamura on TV?

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Losing a bunch of talent over the course of a year =/= losing them all in one night. NXT is likely to lose Bayley, Balor, Asuka, Joe, American Alpha, and maybe Nakamura all at once. That's four, potentially five, of their biggest stars plus both singles champs.

Can't see Joe getting drafted, when he's the perfect guy to show fresh talent how to cut a promo and get heat. Asuka's a problem too because great as she is in the ring, her lack of English speaking skills will hold her back badly on the bigger shows.

Nakamura I can see holding the fort as top babyface in NXT for awhile yet, he can be brought up anytime much like they did with Zayn and Owens as he's good enough to make an immediate impact. At a guess I'd say they hold him back to the rumble and pull an AJ Styles on him.

Sephzilla

No, I'm still thinking in kayfabe. There are no kayfabe reasons not to snatch Nakamura immediately.

You really think the brand authority figures would ignore Nakamura being right there for them? Daniel Bryan and Mick Foley and Shane and Stephanie wouldn't each individually love to have this guy?

I could see Stephanie ignore him and use some stupid "B+ japan player" logic.

If this was a shoot draft Nakamura would probably be Bryan's #1 pick

Do you guys remember some alternate history draft where the authority figures didn't do everything to get the top stars in the company?

I can't figure out a single reason outside of the draft rules saying "no" that, in kayfabe or even real life, Nakamura wouldn't be a HUGE get that everyone would be fighting to have. You guys think they're going to hold a draft that includes NXT and act like Shinsuke fucking Nakamura doesn't exist?

Kusagari

Steph you can come up with kayfabe reasons for being moronic when it comes to NXT picking, hell you could have her clash with Mick over it, but not when it comes to Shane and DB working together.

Anth0ny

well TECHNICALLY in wwe kayfabe, all nxt stars are below main roster SUUUUUUUUUUUPERSTARS

so I can see the first nxt draft pick going like 15th overall for that very reason

nxt is the minor leagues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom