• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Draft |OT| A McMahon on every show

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephzilla

I don't think they say anything and when he does debut down the road the announce team can build him up by saying things like " how the hell was this guy not drafted". You can build a lot around him not being drafted and people dropping the ball. He could have a chip on his shoulder because of it and wants to destroy the people that were picked high. It happens all the time in real sports and it opens up a lot of story line possibilities

Yeah, you could also make a really good story around Nakamura not being drafted. I still believe Nakamura not being drafted helps him in the long run - it builds more buzz for his debut and makes his debut more memorable since it won't be sandwiched around a bunch of other NXT debuts.

creatchee

If you want kayfabe reasons to keep Nakamura from being drafted, here:

Triple H appears during Smackdown tonight. Has some discussion with each Commissioner/GM. Later reveals that he is now GM or Commissioner of NXT and was sabotaging the picks to keep NXT strong. Or something. I dunno.

I hope if Nakamura gets drafted, he teams up with Backland and they change his name to Nak America.

Man it's really been sad for me to watch the life being slowly sucked out of NXT, that brand was amazing before wrestlemania.

NXT will be fine. They just signed Ibushi and Gran Metalik. Cedric Alexander is also rumored as well. Same with Strong and Ricochet

GunBR

Nakamura has "Royal Rumble debut" or "Raw after Mania" written all over him in my opinion. He warrants an AJ Styles-tier debut.

Keeping him in NXT for a little while longer is a win for everyone. Keeps a draw in NXT for a little while longer. Builds up the buzz for his WWE debut more. And it allows his debut to be all about him.

I also think that when Nakamura debut he will start a feud against Cena, just like Owens.

I can already see people chanting USA and he losing after an Attitude Adjustment at 2017 Wrestlemania

Toki767

http://www.wwe.com/shows/wwenxt/article/nxt-scouting-report-wwe-draft

WWE.com spelling out what you guys should have already known, but you're overthinking future hypothetical NXT buyrates or something: this is about taking NXT's biggest names.

You realize WWE.com is run by Joey Styles and often times they make up their own articles without any input from writers or anyone high up in management.

They're basically WWE magazine for the current era.

You realize WWE.com is run by Joey Styles and often times they make up their own articles without any input from writers or anyone high up in management.

They're basically WWE magazine for the current era.
You're way too cynical for me, man. I'm always apprehensive about main roster WWE stuff, but not to this extent. Have fun tonight.

Unless you guys can spell out a promo or moment tonight that would explain why either brand would ignore megastar Shinsuke Nakamura and leave fans feeling satisfied at the bullshit, he's getting drafted.

Toki767

You're way too cynical for me, man. Have fun tonight.

Everyone here would love to see Nakamura get drafted tonight. He deserves to be on the main stage more than anyone on Raw, Smackdown, or NXT.

People are just being realistic. Because more often than not, you do get let down when it comes to Vince McMahon's choices.

Lupercal

Banned
Everyone here would love to see Nakamura get drafted tonight. He deserves to be on the main stage more than anyone on Raw, Smackdown, or NXT.

People are just being realistic. Because more often than not, you do get let down when it comes to Vince McMahon's choices.

Nakamura will get drafted but HHH will kick him in the balls when he comes down the ramp, deal ?

Hasney

Would be awesome if people like Nakamura's and Joe are brought up if they're not being drafted, like they want to prove they're the best in NXT before moving up and feel like they'll be a bigger deal after Takeover. Foley and Bryan could be good enough to respect those wishes.

Applying logic and using examples from the past = being cynical, apparently
You haven't used any logic at all, though.

This is live TV where they promote stars and events. They've promoted that 6 NXT stars are coming up. Why would anyone care that they're bringing up Tye Dillinger and Mojo Rawley? Why would they do this over Nakamura? How would they explain it to the live audience? This is the logic you need to thinking about.

This is live TV where they promote stars and events. They've promoted that 6 NXT stars are coming up. Why would anyone care that they're bringing up Tye Dillinger and Mojo Rawley? Why would they do this over Nakamura? How would they explain it to the live audience? This is the logic you need to thinking about.

Here's the logic

We're bringing up these guys instead of this guy
Fuck you
...No really fuck you

bjork

All I want to know is where I need to go to see Alexa do her almost-a-chokeslam while she talks smack. That's my favorite thing right now.

Heroman

Banned

Nakamura isnt going to be on main roster anytime soon, Have a man who only been in the states for 3 months pulling double duty as he has to do both raw and nxt is impossible right now.

and no one can use logic with wwe , this is the company that had roman when the Rumble despite everyone saying Bryan to win. If this was njpw then sure logic can be use but not with the wwe.

GunBR

They won't explain. And they don't have to.
It's not gonna be the first or the last time that WWE ignored the audience.

The crowd can keep shouting Nakamura during 2 hours, they will just mute and ignore.

Nakamura isnt going to be on main roster anytime soon, Have a man who only been in the states for 3 months pulling double duty as he has to do both raw and nxt is impossible right now.
Kevin Owens literally did this as champion. Sasha Banks was champ and on Raw, too, though she's been around for years.

Toki767

I think Hideo Itami will probably have a better chance at being drafted tonight than Nakamura. They could at least put him in the Cruiserweight division.

I think Hideo Itami will probably have a better chance at being drafted tonight than Nakamura. They could at least put him in the Cruiserweight division.
How do you explain a world where Shinsuke Nakamura and Hideo Itami exist, and you pick Hideo Itami?

It's like WWE made you guys all bitter heels with the most tortured logic as to why you're right.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Nakamura isn't getting drafted for obvious reasons. You can't raid NXT entirely ahead of its largest show of the year.

Heroman

Banned
How do you explain a world where Shinsuke Nakamura and Hideo Itami exist, and you pick Hideo Itami?

It's like WWE made you guys all bitter heels with the most tortured logic as to why you're right.

Well Kenta is as good as Nakamrua and he been there longer so it wouldn't surprise me.

Also wwe has show us time and time and time and time and time again that they fuck up everything and logic doesn't matter,

Strax

WWE has to make up its mind on NXT.
Is it a brand or developmental?
Just the thought of them not wanting to draft _________ because they can't ruin NXT is insane.
I also think the amount of time they have people in NXT is beyond strange. Right now they have at least 9 people who signed in 2013 or earlier. Steve Jobs was alive when Jason Jordan was signed.
They should have 3 years max in NXT and put them in WWE or let them walk and maybe bring them back down the line to WWE.

Good call dude

Ok so they're taking Finn, Joe, Asuka, Bayley, Nakamura, and American Alpha

The NXT division will be thriving with stars such as Austin Aries and Tye Dillinger

We absolutely will not see any drafts such as Nia Jax tonight because she was beaten by Asuka, why would you pick her over Asuka?

All I want to know is where I need to go to see Alexa do her almost-a-chokeslam while she talks smack. That's my favorite thing right now.

She is so good at being angry, it's adorable.

hBLChkQ.jpg

1emPpVY.jpg

Toki767

Good call dude

Ok so they're taking Finn, Joe, Asuka, Bayley, Nakamura, and American Alpha

The NXT division will be thriving with stars such as Austin Aries and Tye Dillinger

We absolutely will not see any drafts such as Nia Jax tonight because she was beaten by Asuka, why would you pick her over Asuka?

Going by that logic, why would you pick American Alpha over The Revival? American Alpha couldn't even have 1 successful title defense.

Ithil

WWE has to make up its mind on NXT.
Is it a brand or developmental?
Just the thought of them not wanting to draft _________ because they can't ruin NXT is insane.
I also think the amount of time they have people in NXT is beyond strange. Right now they have at least 9 people who signed in 2013 or earlier. Steve Jobs was alive when Jason Jordan was signed.
They should have 3 years max in NXT and put them in WWE or let them walk and maybe bring them back down the line to WWE.

No, Jason Jordan needed all that time, because he was not a wrestler pre-WWE. They do keep experienced names in NXT for far too long (like Bálor has been there since summer 2014, over two years now, that's absurd), but the rookies learning wrestling do need to be there for a long time, unless they're a prodigy like a Chad Gable.

BearPawB

Banned
I think/hope they are reclassifying what NXT really is.

They need to make it truly developmental. Its "brand" needs to be upcoming talent.
NXT is only watched by hardcore fans who care about young talent anyway.
NXT can survive as a product without its biggest names.

Going by that logic, why would you pick American Alpha over The Revival? American Alpha couldn't even have 1 successful title defense.
My money's on Blake and Murphy, they may have "split" but I think a brand split is just the thing to get them back together

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom