• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Draft |OT| A McMahon on every show

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, I forgot he was announced to be facing Joe at Takeover. Yeah he wont be drafted. Itami though....

(and if KO was drafted to the same show and it came out that he "injured" him then we would have a storyline there to go).

KO started on raw while NXT champion. Takeover matches will be worked whether they're drafted or not.

Samoa Joe - Reigning NXT champ
Finn Balor - Former champ
Bayley - Former champ
Asuka - Reigning NXT champ
American Alpha - Former champs
The Revival - Reigning NXT champs

You know what Nakamura isn't? An NXT champ.
No one in the world cares about this. Not in kayfabe, not in real life. Besides, even in kayfabe, Nakamura just beat Balor clean.

You're telling me WWE signed New Japan's hottest act over the last five years to keep him in NXT because it's more important that he become an NXT champion for 200 fans than a megastar on the main roster as soon as possible.

abundant

I don't even know why they announced the Cruiserweight division. They don't have enough guys on the roster and they don't have enough guys even if they promoted everyone in NXT.

They have the CWC. Even if they only sign 10 out of the 32 participants, they'd still have enough for a division.

You mean exactly like they did with Finn Balor?
So they did this with Finn Balor, who said he wanted to stay in NXT to legitimize the brand and be that brand's leader, because he sees it as the new ECW and he wants to be associated with it, because they want to do the same thing to Shinsuke Nakamura? They want to keep Shinsuke Nakamura in NXT until he's 40 because... NXT needs help getting over? Listen to yourself, man.

People will shit hard on a draft that includes Shinsuke Nakamura that doesn't involve him being called up. That's all the logic you need for tonight. Don't overthink this. They can't act like he doesn't exist or try to explain to fans waiting for the draft to shake shit up that they're not going to shake up anything.

So they did this with Finn Balor, who said he wanted to stay in NXT to legitimize the brand and be that brand's leader, because he sees it as the new ECW and he wants to be associated with it, because they want to do the same thing to Shinsuke Nakamura? They want to keep Shinsuke Nakamura in NXT until he's 40 because... NXT needs help getting over? Listen to yourself, man.

People will shit hard on a draft that includes Shinsuke Nakamura that doesn't involve him being called up. That's all the logic you need for tonight. Don't overthink this. They can't act like he doesn't exist or try to explain to fans waiting for the draft to shake shit up that they're not going to shake up anything.
Definitely, WWE never disappoints its fans

If RAW is to have the Cruiserweights, I guess they could explain a way to have the Women only on Smackdown. Shane/Bryan could offer 5 free male picks to RAW to get the Women's Division exclusive - or something along those lines.

Barrage

If RAW is to have the Cruiserweights, I guess they could explain a way to have the Women only on Smackdown. Shane/Bryan could offer 5 free male picks to RAW to get the Women's Division exclusive - or something along those lines.

House shows make this impossible.

I don't even know why they announced the Cruiserweight division. They don't have enough guys on the roster and they don't have enough guys even if they promoted everyone in NXT.

Neville and Kalisto will be two centerpieces of the division, plus Tajiri and The Brian Kendrick could be pushed to the main roster again. You could also potentially call up the CWC winner right away if it's someone they're confident in like Zack Sabre Jr or Kota Ibushi.

I highly doubt the latter will happen though.

EDIT: I checked Finn's billed weight and he qualifies as a cruiserweight. But he's such a huge commodity from NXT that I expect him to be an upper midcarder like Owens right away, unless they really, really want to make the cruiserweight division a huge deal.

Toki767

This isn't a kayfabe draft. This is what Vince McMahon wants and who he chooses to bring up.

So yeah. It's probably 50/50 for Nakamura.

Joe has a better chance of being called up I think.

Sephzilla

Your logic for Nakamura is exactly why I think he stays in NXT for a little while longer. Dude has a massive amount of popularity. Do you really want to squander his debut by sandwiching it between a bunch of other NXT debuts that happen during a bigger "event" that involves all of the other talent? Or do you save his debut for something bigger where all of the attention is focused on him?

Nakamura has "Royal Rumble debut" or "Raw after Mania" written all over him in my opinion. He warrants an AJ Styles-tier debut.

Keeping him in NXT for a little while longer is a win for everyone. Keeps a draw in NXT for a little while longer. Builds up the buzz for his WWE debut more. And it allows his debut to be all about him.

This isn't a kayfabe draft. This is what Vince McMahon wants and who he chooses to bring up.

So yeah. It's probably 50/50 for Nakamura.

Joe has a better chance of being called up I think.
I'm still not following this logic.

Can someone post the promo they're going to give on Smackdown Live tonight where they explain why they would pick literally anyone not Joe or Balor over Nakamura? Where they have 6 NXT spots but one of those isn't NXT's biggest star with no kayfabe or real life reasons to keep him in NXT?

I feel like you guys think there's this hypothetical future buyrate they have to pop in NXT as a reason to keep Nakamura down there. How would they explain this in kayfabe to fans? Why would any fan believe it's more important to Keep NXT Strong?

Can someone post the promo they're going to give on Smackdown Live tonight where they explain why they would pick literally anyone not Joe or Balor over Nakamura? Where they have 6 NXT spots but one of those isn't NXT's biggest star with no kayfabe or real life reasons to keep him in NXT?

I feel like you guys think there's this hypothetical future buyrate they have to pop in NXT as a reason to keep Nakamura down there. How would they explain this in kayfabe to fans?

why do they need to explain anything in kayfabe?

I feel like you guys think there's this hypothetical future buyrate they have to pop in NXT as a reason to keep Nakamura down there. How would they explain this in kayfabe to fans? Why would any fan believe it's more important to Keep NXT Strong?

We're talking about a company that has changed triple threat match rules on the fly to suit their story lines.

They don't have to say shit.

Toki767

I guess I'm not understanding this world you guys live in where Nakamura is a choice, but the show goes off the air with no one even having talked about it, like he's a nobody.

Nakamura has been with WWE since WrestleMania weekend.

Finn Balor, Bayley, and Samoa Joe have been with WWE for years.

So naturally, Baron Corbin, Apollo Crews, and Dana Brooke all get called up to the main roster after WrestleMania where Shane McMahon is supposed to be a great judge of talent.

Sephzilla

So in kayfabe, say Smackdown gets Balor. Smackdown wouldn't even consider that they also want the guy that just beat Balor last week? That guy doesn't exist?

You're trying to apply logic to a company that can barely maintain story-line continuity and tends to forget events that happened more than 3 months ago. If Nakamura doesn't get picked he'll likely just go unacknowledged on the show

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
I guess I'm not understanding this world you guys live in where Nakamura is a choice, but the show goes off the air with no one even having talked about it, like he's a nobody.

I think you live in a world where WWE isn't a business, and as such has no major vested interested in keeping all 3 of its brands strong.

AJ Styles initially came in as the biggest get of the NJPW theft as a midcarder with the backstory of "welcome to the big leagues, you ain't done nothing because it wasn't here".

Fans sing Nakamura's song, who cares

You're more likely to get lesser people who've been in NXT for a while on Smackdown with Shane saying some dumb shit like "this talent didn't get the opportunities they deserved on NXT, so we're gonna give him one right now"

Would love to see Nakamura on TV obviously but I sincerely doubt it's happening. Joe is almost more likely

Oh, this is just about being cynical because we're WWE fans. :(

They're not going to draft Balor but not the guy that just beat him, or Joe but not the guy that's challenging him for his title, unless they have a graphic ready to say "NAKAMURA IS NOT INCLUDED, FOR SOME REASON."

Toki767

Oh, this is just about being cynical because we're WWE fans. :(

They're not going to draft Balor but not the guy that just beat him, or Joe but not the guy that's challenging him for his title, unless they have a graphic ready to say "NAKAMURA IS NOT INCLUDED, FOR SOME REASON."

In the territory days (which HHH seems to be a fan of) you always beat the guy that's leaving.

Sephzilla

Why do you act like they're contractually obligated to acknowledge Nakamura? When Baron Corbin got promoted nobody on WWE TV was saying "BUT SAMOA JOE?"

In the territory days (which HHH seems to be a fan of) you always beat the guy that's leaving.
I don't know how to get you guys to see how tortured this logic is.

That WWE is going to ignore the elephant in the room because we have to Keep NXT Strong. That fans will be a-okay with this. That no one in the world will be like "Where's Nakamura" in the same show where we acknowledge Samoa Joe and Finn Balor exist.

Why do you act like they're contractually obligated to acknowledge Nakamura? When Baron Corbin got promoted nobody was saying "BUT SAMOA JOE?"
That wasn't the Draft.

Has there ever been a draft that didn't have the very top stars as the very top picks? When you have 6 NXT picks, you really think they're not going to be the top 6 eligible NXT people? They're going to pick Finn Balor but not the guy that just beat him? There's no logic to this unless you're just that cynical about WWE still treating us like idiots.

That WWE is going to ignore the elephant in the room because we have to Keep NXT Strong. That fans will be a-okay with this. That no one in the world will be like "Where's Nakamura" in the same show where we acknowledge Samoa Joe and Finn Balor exist.

Do you know what company you are dealing with? There is no logic involved. This draft makes no sense.

Not to mention there is a history of the guy leaving losing to the "next top guy".

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster

Neville put over Balor and left.

Sami put over Shinsuke and left.

Balor put Joe over and is 99% certain leaving.

You don't put the guy who's leaving your promotion/territory over, you use their heat to elevate the new star who's gonna be earning for you.

Toki767

Yeah...like they totally don't ignore the elephant in the room that Roman Reigns isn't over as their top face.

Yeah...like they totally don't ignore the elephant in the room that WWE ignores that Roman Reigns isn't over as their top face.
Is this just going to be the thing for the next 5 years?

"WWE will never do anything logical or good, because ROMAN REIGNS HAPPENED," as they weekly air a cruiserweight tournament featuring Zack fuckin' Sabre Jr and Kota Ibushi as the top attractions.

Sephzilla

That wasn't the Draft.

Has there ever been a draft that didn't have the very top stars as the very top picks? When you have 6 NXT picks, you really think they're not going to be the top 6 eligible NXT people? They're going to pick Finn Balor but not the guy that just beat him? There's no logic to this unless you're just that cynical about WWE still treating us like idiots.

If we're going by kayfabe logic Nakamura isn't a top 6 NXT star right now because he hasn't hit the same highs as Joe, Balor, Bayley, Asuka, Revival, or American Alpha.

But you're just going to make a mental leap to dismiss this logic because you're clearly letting your fanaticism with Nakamura blind you to some pretty clear logic.

DB: "I really want Nakamura, he could be great for the-"

12164%20-%20autoplay_gif%20daniel_bryan%20gif%20hunter_hearst_helmsley%20pedigree%20referee%20summerslam%20wwe%20wwe_championship.gif

Foley: "I've been talking with Steph and we agree we want Nakamura-"

tumblr_mlu0xuCknU1soy2w4o1_400.gif

Toki767

Is this just going to be the thing for the next 5 years?

"WWE will never do anything logical or good, because ROMAN REIGNS HAPPENED," as they weekly air a cruiserweight tournament featuring Zack fuckin' Sabre Jr and Kota Ibushi as the top attractions.

Vince McMahon has nothing to do with the cruiserweight tournament. Or with NXT.

If we're going by kayfabe logic Nakamura isn't a top 6 NXT star right now because he hasn't hit the same highs as Joe, Nakamura, Bayley, Asuka, Revival, or American Alpha.
LOL WHAT

I feel like you guys think every fan is a fuckin' idiot except you and your online friends. Like people right now all over the world aren't talking about Nakamura tonight.

GunBR

Do you actually watch WWE?
Nakamura, Joe, Asuka, freaking No Way Jose. They obviously won't say anything about the wrestlers that they don't choose.

Actually there's a huge chance that, because of the time, they won't even talk about the wrestlers that they choose. It's gonna be "I select Finn Balor", and that's it, no reason given

Ronin Ray

So in kayfabe, say Smackdown gets Balor. Smackdown wouldn't even consider that they also want the guy that just beat Balor last week? That guy doesn't exist?

I don't think they say anything and when he does debut down the road the announce team can build him up by saying things like " how the hell was this guy not drafted". You can build a lot around him not being drafted and people dropping the ball. He could have a chip on his shoulder because of it and wants to destroy the people that were picked high. It happens all the time in real sports and it opens up a lot of story line possibilities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom