• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Draft |OT| A McMahon on every show

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toki767

Would Vince McMahon pick the Revival over Shinsuke Nakamura?

I think you guys are legit shook at the idea that Shinsuke Nakamura is actually a megastar in US wrestling and is actually seen as such and could actually be live on weekly WWE cable TV.

I don't think anyone is saying that Nakamura isn't basically one of the biggest stars in wrestling.

But I mean, you must have thought Daniel Bryan winning the title at WrestleMania 30 was planned ever since he lost the title at SummerSlam rather than hotshotting it in January.

Sephzilla

Would Vince McMahon pick the Revival over Shinsuke Nakamura?

I think you guys are legit shook at the idea that Shinsuke Nakamura is actually a megastar in US wrestling and is actually seen as such and could actually be live on weekly WWE cable TV. The idea is just so inconceivable right now to you that you're explaining how WWE is going to ignore him and have the fans actually be okay with it.

You're seeing a lot of things here that nobody is actually saying. Nobody here is saying that Nakamura isn't a huge star

I don't think anyone is saying that Nakamura isn't basically one of the biggest stars in wrestling.
You are, though. All of you are. You're saying WWE is going to be pretend like he doesn't exist while they draft Finn Balor, the guy Nakamura just beat cleanly. Somehow Balor exists and is a bigger star and more valuable than the actual real life draw of NXT who just beat him in kayfabe.

*crowd singing Nakamura's theme* "I pick... Well, the choice is obvious..."

*listens to crowd*

"..."

"The Revival!"

Sephzilla

You are, though. All of you are. You're saying WWE is going to be pretend like he doesn't exist while they draft Finn Balor, the guy Nakamura just beat cleanly. Somehow Balor exists and is a bigger star and more valuable than the actual real life draw of NXT who just beat him in kayfabe.

What you're saying is that Balor's long title reign and multiple W's over current NXT Champion Samoa Joe mean nothing because he lost one match to Nakamura.

Who's the one actually devaluing talent here, again?

Toki767

Do you realize that WWE lives in a bubble?

We had to sit through half a year of them questioning whether AJ Styles was really as good as he says he was.

In WWE's world, Finn Balor has proven himself in NXT. Nakamura hasn't.

BearPawB

Banned

*listens to crowd*

"..."

"The Revival!"

I'll post it again because i got buried on the bottom of the page but:

in the NFL draft you don't pick all Quarterbacks

You pick tag team, even if they are lesser stars/talent, because you have a need there.

Smackdown and Raw both need good tag teams, so yes, they will get drafted above some "better" talent, because there is more of a need

What you're saying is that Balor's long title reign and multiple W's over current NXT Champion Samoa Joe mean nothing because he lost one match to Nakamura.

Who's the one actually devaluing talent here, again?
No one's debating that Finn Balor would be drafted. That's the point.

To think the guy who just beat him in NXT's biggest weekly TV match ever isn't going to be in the same draft picture is hilarious.

Do you realize that WWE lives in a bubble?

We had to sit through half a year of them questioning whether AJ Styles was really as good as he says he was.

In WWE's world, Finn Balor has proven himself in NXT. Nakamura hasn't.
AJ Styles was fighting for the world title within 3 months. What are you talking about?

Sephzilla

I'll post it again because i got buried on the bottom of the page but:

in the NFL draft you don't pick all Quarterbacks

You pick tag team, even if they are lesser stars/talent, because you have a need there.

Smackdown and Raw both need good tag teams, so yes, they will get drafted above some "better" talent, because there is more of a need

This is actually a very good parallel.

Tons of teams passed up on Aaron Rodgers - not because they didn't think he was a talent, but because they had to address other needs on the team.

AJ Styles was fighting for the world title within 3 months. What are you talking about?

You clearly forgot the first 2.9 months of Styles WWE run where he was losing to Chris Jericho at WrestleMania - which made zero sense in kayfabe

Heroman

Banned
No, I just know they have live TV where they have to actually explain their decisions and justify them, even if you disagree, such as Roman Reigns. This is the part of pro wrestling that wrestlers say the public doesn't know shit about, because we're more concerned with cool heel turns and shit than internal logic.

There's no logic internal or external, kayfabe or real life, that explains picking top NXT stars but ignoring the actual top NXT stars.

They don't have to explain shit there have been plenty of time where wwe hasnt explain anything , I mean look at Taker vs Shane wm 32 in which if taker wins Shane doesnt get control of raw but if shane wins he get controls of raw and taker has to retire, and what happen taker win yet hasnt been on tv since WM and shane who has been running raw yet they fail to explain why shane is running raw, what happen to taker, what happen to the lock box etc

BearPawB

Banned
No one's debating that Finn Balor would be drafted. That's the point.

To think the guy who just beat him in NXT's biggest weekly TV match ever isn't going to be in the same draft picture is hilarious.

You haven't really given a convincing argument why Balor won't get drafted outside of "he just got beaten by Nakamura"

Hes a proven workhorse with a large fanbase. You need to give a better argument why Balor doesn't deserve a pick

You haven't really given a convincing argument why Balor won't get drafted outside of "he just got beaten by Nakamura"

Hes a proven workhorse with a large fanbase. You need to give a better argument why Balor doesn't deserve a pick
Finn Balor is being drafted. So is the guy who just beat him. They have 6 picks.

Sephzilla

If the kayfabe logic for the 6 NXT picks (split among both shows, mind you) is that they want to bolster all of their divisions instead of just one division - there's plenty of kayfabe logic to shut out Nakamura.

Bolster singles division
- Samoa Joe - Current champ, multiple wins over Balor
- Finn Balor - Former champ, long title reign, workhorse, multiple wins over Joe

Bolster tag division
- American Alpha - Multiple wins over champs
- The Revival - Champs, beat American Alpha

Bolster women's division
- Bayley - Former champ, workhorse
- Asuka - Current champ

But Liu Kang is enrolled in the school of "the only kayfabe logic that matters is mine"

*listens to crowd*

"..."

"The Revival!"
Did you watch Wrestlemania this year?

AJ Styles had a program with Chris Jericho that started as respect, but quickly turned into jealousy on Chris' end as he went full heel and shoved a T-shirt in Styles' mouth. At Wrestlemania the feud was set to end, would the hot face win or the bitter old man win? The winner? Chris Jericho!

Brock Lesnar is an unstoppable killing machine but underdog Dean Ambrose has a lot of heart and wants to even the odds with a street fight. The winner? Brock, definitively.

Hottest tag team in WWE and recently turned face New Day vs. League Of Nations. Who wins? League of Nations!

Charlotte has cheated far too much, but this time it's a triple threat match for the *first ever* Women's championship. What happens on the grandest stage of them all? The same, Charlotte wins!

Undertaker is in the pocket of Vince, but Shane O Mac is the people's champ to make WWE great again. Undertaker wins!

That was their biggest show of the year. The only positive outcome was Ryder getting the Intercontinental title and they took it from him the next night. They don't care about logic or the fans.

Did you watch Wrestlemania this year?

AJ Styles had a program with Chris Jericho that started as respect, but quickly turned into jealousy on Chris' end as he went full heel and shoved a T-shirt in Styles' mouth. At Wrestlemania the feud was set to end, would the hot face win or the bitter old man win? The winner? Chris Jericho!

Brock Lesnar is an unstoppable killing machine but underdog Dean Ambrose has a lot of heart and wants to even the odds with a street fight. The winner? Brock, definitively.

Hottest tag team in WWE and recently turned face New Day vs. League Of Nations. Who wins? League of Nations!

Charlotte has cheated far too much, but this time it's a triple threat match for the *first ever* Women's championship. What happens on the grandest stage of them all? The same, Charlotte wins!

Undertaker is in the pocket of Vince, but Shane O Mac is the people's champ to make WWE great again. Undertaker wins!

That was their biggest show of the year. The only positive outcome was Ryder getting the Intercontinental title and they took it from him the next night. They don't care about logic or the fans.
No one liked Wrestlemania, and no doubt this includes people who work there. It was a stupid show.

It's entirely possible the draft will be a stupid show. That's always possible with WWE. But there's such a strange argument in here about how the 6 picks will include Balor but not Nakamura that makes no sense. It's not something that could be explained to the live audience. It's not something Mauro Ranallo or Daniel Bryan would do in either real life or kayfabe. You guys are totally stuck on the idea that it just isn't possible for Nakamura to be on the main roster yet.

Sephzilla

No one liked Wrestlemania, and no doubt this includes people who work there. It was a stupid show.

It's entirely possible the draft will be a stupid show. That's always the case with WWE. But there's such a strange argument in here about how the 6 picks will include Balor but not Nakamura that makes no sense. It's not something that could be explained to the live audience. It's not something Mauro Ranallo or Daniel Bryan would do in either real life or kayfabe. You guys are totally stuck on the idea that it just isn't possible for Nakamura to be on the main roster yet.

Jesus Christ nobody is saying it isn't possible that Nakamura will be drafted we're all just saying why it isn't likely you're the only one here who's in denial about the possibility that Nakamura could get passed up

Jesus Christ nobody is saying it isn't possible we're all just saying why it isn't likely
But you don't have any good reasons, outside tortured logic as to how someone would find The Revival to be better for business than Shinsuke fuckin' Nakamura. Or that they'd ignore Nakamura exists somehow, like fans wouldn't see right through that horseshit.

BearPawB

Banned
But you don't have any good reasons, outside tortured logic as to how someone would find The Revival to be better for business than Shinsuke fuckin' Nakamura. Or that they'd ignore Nakamura exists somehow, like fans wouldn't see right through that horseshit.

you are literally (err..figuratively) screaming into the wind.
No one is saying any of the things you are accusing them of saying

Nekofrog

Banned

*listens to crowd*

"..."

"The Revival!"

Stop being such a goddamn mark

I can't believe I said that in 2016

you are literally screaming into the wind.
No one is saying any of the things you are accusing them of saying
This whole page is about people saying the Revival will be picked over Nakamura.

THE REVIVAL > NAKAMURA

miz.jpg

Stop being such a goddamn mark

I can't believe I said that in 2016
At this point I'm very interested in how WWE will ignore Nakamura tonight, like crowds singing his theme song means it's possible to act like he doesn't exist.

Dude was the biggest star by a country mile at the NXT Seattle show. People lost their minds over seeing him live. He's draftable as far as we know right now and will be drafted.

Which WWE is the one that doesn't have enough tag teams, or in the event of a sudden shortage has a pressing need for one with two almost identical short pudgy guys with the worst theme song since Rob Conway?

UberTag

I look at it this way. The fact that Triple H isn't either GM means it supports the theory that he put his foot down to prevent certain guys being drafted away from HIS show... namely the current champions and Nakamura. Everyone else is fair game.

Employing that logic it's only sound to rationalize away someone like Nakamura not getting drafted when he's clearly the top professional talent on the planet not named AJ Styles.

Now if Triple H was the RAW GM and ignored him... then, yeah, it would be complete horseshit for him not to bring up his top stud for the higher profile show that he's running. But he's not.

Toki767

I never said The Revival should get picked over Nakamura.

I only said that if kayfabe really matters, The Revival should get picked over American Alpha.

But kayfabe doesn't matter, which is why Nakamura won't get drafted tonight.

Heroman

Banned

Yeah dude, who could forget the did thing best for business like the time Daniel Bryan fought brock lesnar at WM 31 or the time Dean ambrose main event W2 against the game HHH, or the time that time CM punk didn't job to HHH for some dumb reason, or the time K.o became WWE champ instead of the Sheamus , or the time where seth face turn and roman heel turn when seth came back early this year.

Yeah dude, who could forget the did thing best for business like the time Daniel Bryan fought brock lesnar at WM 31 or the time Dean ambrose main event W2 against the game HHH, or the time that time CM punk didn't job to HHH for some dumb reason, or the time K.o became WWE champ instead of the Sheamus , or the time where seth face turn and roman heel turn when seth came back early this year.
Why do you guys keep bringing up weird old past shitty WWE misfires or bad moments like it means WWE will forever be just as shitty? You can do this about literally anything if you wanted.

Balor put in his time in NXT, his calling up is long overdue. Nakamura has only been in NXT for a few months. He's also supposed to have a title match with Joe.

Anything can happen, but my money is on Nakamura staying in NXT for awhile longer.

Heroman

Banned
Why do you keep bringing up weird old past shitty WWE moments like it means WWE will forever be just as shitty? You can do this about literally anything if you wanted.

Becuase it the same company run the by the same people who alway mess thing up., hell the seth shit happen less than a month ago.

Sephzilla

Why do you guys keep bringing up weird old past shitty WWE misfires or bad moments like it means WWE will forever be just as shitty? You can do this about literally anything if you wanted.

What exactly has main roster WWE done in the last few years that should give us any reason to not look at this cynically? Actually cynical is a bad word, the appropriate word is "rationally"

dream

This draft has made you all lose your minds. These are some of the most bizarre arguments I've ever seen on this forum.

I don't think I have the stomach to watch top prospect, Dolph Ziggler, sitting in the green room and continually getting passed over by idiot GMs that don't know any better.

XOnPJqN.gif

Balor put in his time in NXT, his calling up is long overdue. Nakamura has only been in NXT for a few months. He's also supposed to have a title match with Joe.
Kevin Owens vs Finn Balor was the main event of NXT: Brooklyn last year, months after Owens debuted on Raw and had his feud with Cena. Kevin Owens also debuted on Raw within 6 months of his debut on NXT.

Nekofrog

Banned
I honestly think that whatever we get out of the brand split will be 100% better than what we have now. Will it all be great? Fuck no vince and dunn are still around calling the shots. Will it improve? Yes but by virtue of me being able to see guys I like on a bigger stage more often.

BearPawB

Banned
I honestly think that whatever we get out of the brand split will be 100% better than what we have now. Will it all be great? Fuck no vince and dunn are still around calling the shots. Will it improve? Yes but by virtue of me being able to see guys I like on a bigger stage more often.

but it also means i have to pay attention to smackdown.

Raw is already like an hour more than i want it to be.
Adding another 2 that i feel like i HAVE to watch is kinda....taxing

especially mon-tuesday back to back

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I don't think I have the stomach to watch top prospect, Dolph Ziggler, sitting in the green room and continually getting passed over by idiot GMs that don't know any better.

XOnPJqN.gif

Giving someone the Brady Quinn/Aaron Rodgers treatment would actually be a decent way to give a guy a push. Not sure they wouldn't drop the ball with it though.

UberTag

Anyone with realistic expectations for tonight should expect the NXT picks to be Balor, Bayley, American Alpha, Dillinger, Jax and Graves.
If we get something better than that, wonderful.
If we get Mojo Rawley, well... at least you're probably getting 5 great picks to go along with him.

Dream, do you think a GM might pick up the draft rights to Daniel Bryan, just in case? It'd be a risk to use a pick for that but who knows, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom