• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Fastlane 2016 |OT| Roundabout to Wrestlemania

Status
Not open for further replies.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
So Ambrose is in the match to eat the pin for Brock right?

I wouldn't be surprised if he actually wins. He's more over with the crowd than Reigns is atm.

I base this off the fact that I think that Brock is going to be fighting one or all off the Wyatt family at WM. So I'm fully expecting some sort of Wyatt family fuckery during the main event.

Zach

Alright, kids. Let's do this.

Kalisto (c) vs. Alberto Del Rio
I have Kalisto going over cleanly via Indian Deathlock!

Dean Ambrose vs. Roman Reigns vs. Brock Lesnar (with Paul Heyman)
Dean Ambrose will pick up the unlikely win after both Reigns and Brock are legit injured after a freak accident during a Reigns spear. Dean wins via Countout!

Charlotte (c) (with Ric Flair) vs. Brie Bella
Ric Flair wins on the hot tag via Figure-Four Leglock!

Becky Lynch and Sasha Banks vs. Team B.A.D. (Naomi and Tamina)
Team NXT wins because I know who they are. Uh, via Spike Piledriver!

Kevin Owens (c) vs. Dolph Ziggler
Easy one. Dolph wins via Sunset Flip!

Ryback, Big Show and Kane vs. The Wyatt Family (Luke Harper, Erick Rowan and Braun Strowman) (with Bray Wyatt)
Show gets the win for his Pops via Middle-Rope Bulldog Headlock!

AJ Styles vs. Chris Jericho
Despite a returning Ralphus run-in, Styles picks up the win via Styles Clash!*

*Jericho will be seriously injured and will miss WrestleMania, along with Reigns and Lesnar.

Sanjuro

I like that they are exploring additional content for the network. I thought it would have been easy, but yikes at the actual end results.

I like that they are exploring additional content for the network. I thought it would have been easy, but yikes at the actual end results.

they should have a 2 hour wwe network original movie that follows dean ambrose at a therapist's office.

could be in treatment-esque. the mind of a lunatic fringe.

Fox318

Yes, everyone has.

nope

GTwXx1Pl.jpg

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
So my friend and I are thinking of going. Then I saw the nosebleed seats are 110+. Holy fuck.

Wait until the event starts and then haggle with a reseller desperate to at least get some of his or her money back for the tickets they weren't able to sell.

I'm interested in the cartoon at least. Ride Along has been pretty fun to watch as well.

Skatterd

Edge and Christian are obviously introducing Enzo & Cass
"E&C will challenge you for your titles New Day! No, not us, THIS E&C"

DMczaf

If I ever make a sign for my next WWE event, it will be "Are...are they shooting?!"

I'm sure security will be ok with it.

UberTag

Mauro Ranallo will be calling the Kalisto vs. Del Rio match on the pre-show:

https://mobile.twitter.com/mauroranallo/status/701544776601104384
Nice to see Mauro on pre-show duty.
Shame it'll result in his sole Mania contribution being a play-by-play of the wretched ARMBAR match.

If I ever make a sign for my next WWE event, it will be "Are...are they shooting?!"

I'm sure security will be ok with it.
You should go with a buddy and each hold up a sign that is visibly torn in half with a giant 50 on each side.
50/50 booking is the most over thing in the company and needs more visual signage representation.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
She is close to retiring due to wanting to start a family with Bryan. She will be going away soon, and very few Divas stay with this company close to a decade. She might be just getting to bow out gracefully. Also, she is a better wrestler than she used to be, but she is still a tier below the NXT Women
She's a tier below Nikki, who is a tier below the NXT grads.

UberTag

Just think... THIS is the ace material from the show they're showcasing to get you hyped for it.
Imagine what footage was deemed unworthy of commercial exposure.

Guzim

Just think... THIS is the ace material from the show they're showcasing to get you hyped for it.
Imagine what footage was deemed unworthy of commercial exposure.

Troy McClure "If that's what they cut out, what they leave in must be pure gold!"

UberTag

Have to wonder how he'll do with Vince in his ear.
Hasn't happened yet.
Doubt it happens tonight given that it's a pre-show match.
Hopefully it never happens.

Don't expect Mauro to call a meaningful network special without Vince in his ear, though.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
ads so far.

Ah ok. Yep, those ads have not given me any confidence whatsoever that it will be a long running series.

I thought I saw that a fairly high profile person who was laid off from ESPN during their cutbacks was helping produce this show, but I can't find the reference.

I want it to be good, but it looks so bad! And you have to imagine that they're trying to show what they think are highlights from the first show in those ads.

yuraya

So here is the dream scenario for tonight and Mania.

Dean and Roman both pin Lesnar causing match to end on controversy. As a result there is no clear no.1 contender so the Authority makes the main event a triple thread match at Mania.

Lesnar and Heyman push themselves into the match via a few raw promos.

So the main event at Mania turns into a fatal four way elimination match like there was in 2000.

HHH has Vince or Steph in his corner.
Lesnar has Heyman.
Roman has The Rock.
Dean has ??? he can go solo so wtvr.

It will be just like 16 years ago and they would actually salvage the night since there are so many injuries. Also Roman and HHH are in terrible shape so they would get gassed in minutes if they had solo match. A fatal four way would give them more rest.

shanafan

Dean and Roman both pin Lesnar causing match to end on controversy. As a result there is no clear no.1 contender so the Authority makes the main event a triple thread match at Mania.

So the main event at Mania turns into a fatal four way elimination match like there was in 2000.

Lesnar has Heyman.
Roman has The Rock.

It will be just like 16 years ago and they would actually salvage the night since there are so many injuries. Also Roman and HHH are in terrible shape so they would get gassed in minutes if they had solo match. A fatal four way would give them more rest.

51MEZ4XCEJL.jpg

shaowebb

Kalisto (c) vs. Alberto Del Rio
Kalisto wins via CHOKESLAMCANRANNA!

Dean Ambrose vs. Roman Reigns vs. Brock Lesnar (with Paul Heyman)
Ambrose wins via HHH INTERFERENCE TO TURN REIGNS ON ROMAN AND LOCK ROMAN VS LESNAR.

Charlotte (c) (with Ric Flair) vs. Brie Bella
Brie Bella wins via CHARLOTTE SLIPPING IN RIC FLAIR'S TEARS AND INJURING HERSELF

Becky Lynch and Sasha Banks vs. Team B.A.D. (Naomi and Tamina)
Team B.A.D wins via BOTCHED SPOTS IMPLODING UNTIL THEY YELL FOR THEM TO TAKE IT HOME EARLY

Kevin Owens (c) vs. Dolph Ziggler
Kevin Owens wins via PACKAGE PILEDRIVAAAAAAAAAHMYGODITLLNEVER COMEBACK

Ryback, Big Show and Kane vs. The Wyatt Family (Luke Harper, Erick Rowan and Braun Strowman) (with Bray Wyatt)
Wyatt family wins via STROWMAN EATS KANE

AJ Styles vs. Chris Jericho
AJ wins via CHRIS JERICHO HAVING A STROKE REALIZING HE'S BECOME THE NEXT RICKY MORTON.

Lesnar has Heyman.
Roman has The Rock.

So wait, we're going to get a repeat of a match from a shitty event? Great! May as well just have Taker skip the event.

Piece of shit show. Who in the fuck speaks of such a shitty event.

yuraya

So wait, we're going to get a repeat of a match from a shitty event? Great! May as well just have Taker skip the event.

Piece of shit show. Who in the fuck speaks of such a shitty event.

Nah that event was underrated. Main event was decent and there was a pay off when Steph got the rock bottom. Also three way ladder match for tag titles which is an instant classic. There was something else that was really good too but I can't remember it.

At this point I'd take anything over H vs Reigns.

Nah that event was underrated. Main event was decent and there was a pay off when Steph got the rock bottom. Also three way ladder match for tag titles which is an instant classic. There was something else that was really good too but I can't remember it.

That triple threat Eurocontinental match between Angle, Jericho and .....

That Mania makes Mania 9 look like Mania 24.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom