• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Great Balls of Fire |OT| Missing Championship Found Safe After Three Month Search

My point isn't that. My point is that I don't think Alexa worked her way up to being champ when she became champ in her first few months of being on the main roster after doing barely anything in NXT. I do believe her mic skills helped but not in a way where she spent half a year doing nothing but giving great mic work and one day got the belt finally as a thanks. Like she became champ pretty quick, there wasn't a long road to build it up.
Long road nah, but earned it yup

Raw64life

My point isn't that. My point is that I don't think Alexa worked her way up to being champ when she became champ in her first few months of being on the main roster after doing barely anything in NXT. I do believe her mic skills helped but not in a way where she spent half a year doing nothing but giving great mic work and one day got the belt finally as a thanks. Like she became champ pretty quick, there wasn't a long road to build it up.

Kevin Dunn really, really hates Becky's accent.

And someone high up, possibly also Dunn, really, really does not like Bayley for reasons still unknown.

Syder

Is Alexa being good sone sort of inside joke?

She has the in-ring talent of an NXT Live Event wrestler and promo skills that only look good because she is up against the worst promos in the company.
The women's divisions are so starved of good talkers that people will take anything. People even started talking up Carmella because she had a couple of okay promos.

Alexa has some great lines and her character work is very well refined but I just can't get high on someone that will never deliver in the ring, especially after what I've seen Charlotte, Sasha, Becky, Bayley and Asuka deliver in NXT and the main roster.

It's like seeing the Cruiserweight Classic and then looking forward to 205 LIVE only for all the talent to be forced to wrestle a boring style.

Nah Sasha will injure herself out of the business. She will have enough footage to have her own Botchamania's soon.

I disagree. She hasn't really been hurt since her initial injuries against Charlotte in August last year.

The "Sasha hurts people and herself" thing is way, way overblown.

Alright, point me to a great Alexa promo? As for her matches I think all her Bayley matches were shit when Bayley managed to have decent to good matches with Nia in NXT.

Okay, I was going to say Vince pushes her because she's blond and toned and I feel shitty for it. Alex's okay on the mic but she's just never really killed it for me. Then I know it's not her fault but her booking has always been she's amazing and beats everybody so her promos are really easy.

Goddess coronation was a phenomenal promo, her promo work leading into the the tables match was Becky as great, her promo work during the contract signing with Naomi.

Any of the times she has great what chant comebacks.

She's where she is because she's the one they can rely on to carry any talking segment they need with the women in it.

She's reliable on the stick.

Kevin Dunn really, really hates Becky's accent.

And someone high up, possibly also Dunn, really, really does not like Bayley for reasons still unknown.
Becky's gotten some good promo time lately. Notably after MITB she was the only one to get a proper serious promo which was great.

The problem is you never really notice it because there's been so many multiwoman feuds that every woman gets like five lines in the build up.

You are implying that making a good character, acting and improv are not valuable WWE skills. Like Sasha said, Alexa does not have the history that the majority of the division does and despite that she is one of the best talkers in the biz and her wrestling continues to improve. Week to week talking is more important of a skill than wrestling, this is not NJPW

You are implying that making a good character, acting and improv are not valuable WWE skills. Like Sasha said, Alexa does not have the history that the majority of the division does and despite that she is one of the best talkers in the biz and her wrestling continues to improve. Week to week talking is more important of a skill than wrestling, this is not NJPW
I'm not saying Alexa's shit.

My point is simply Alexa got the title very quickly into her main roster run, so I don't really see how she worked her way up to it.

Goddess coronation was a phenomenal promo, her promo work leading into the the tables match was Becky as great, her promo work during the contract signing with Naomi.

Any of the times she has great what chant comebacks.

She's where she is because she's the one they can rely on to carry any talking segment they need with the women in it.

She's reliable on the stick.

I just feel like her opponents are always set up in a way that they can't counter her. They all out perform her in the ring but they loose so what the fuck can they say? It's like she talks in a way that she'd make a good coward heel champ but she always wins clean.

I think Alexa's really great on the mic and she's doing her best to improve in the ring, it just falls flat for me because we're never going to get Sasha vs Bayley at Takeover with her and that's what I love about wrestling.

ReiGun

We're getting Bray vs Finn I think. That tease happened for a reason. A feud with Bray and his creepy cult stuff seems perfect to get Finn to bring the Demon out.

That's true, and The Demon is the kind of thing you want to do at Summerslam.

Then the choices for Miz are either keep going with Dean, or I guess Seth.

She had to earn a ton in NXT because she never got the showcase the Horsewomen did there
Alexa got barely any opportunities in NXT which honestly sucked since she was the best part of Blake and Murphy (although I kind of feel bad at how those two have vanished like the minute after they lost the belts).

I'm not saying Alexa's shit.

My point is simply Alexa got the title very quickly into her main roster run, so I don't really see how she worked her way up to it.
Making main roster is not when she started working for the company. They saw her work effort backstage and between that and her taking advantage of her screentime she made a name for herself.

d73bvsI.jpg

He didn’t lie.

I just feel like her opponents are always set up in a way that they can't counter her. They all out perform her in the ring but they loose so what the fuck can they say? It's like she talks in a way that she'd make a good coward heel champ but she always wins clean.

I think Alexa's really great on the mic and she's doing her best to improve in the ring, it just falls flat for me because we're never going to get Sasha vs Bayley at Takeover with her and that's what I love about wrestling.

Yeah but you can't hold that against Bliss...

And I still think Bayley needs to take some responsibility for regressing hardcore on the mic since she came up from NXT

Alexa got barely any opportunities in NXT which honestly sucked since she was the best part of Blake and Murphy (although I kind of feel bad at how those two have vanished like the minute after they lost the belts).

That's my point. She paid her dues there

Yeah but you can't hold that against Bliss...

And I still think Bayley needs to take some responsibility for regressing hardcore on the mic since she came up from NXT

That's my point. She paid her dues there

I kinda can, Alexa's really good on the mic but is still kinda ass in the ring. When she levels up on that (and she's certainly working her way towards it) I'll be happy. As things are things should be shifting to Bayley/Sasha at Summer Slam because they're the money feud in regards to appeal and performance, but Alex's blond and to Vince's standards so fuck that.

As for Bayley I fully agree with you after listening to here on the Asutin podcast. She seems totally oblivious as to how things are different for her despite her current character being nothing like it is on NXT.

kirblar

Alexa didn't get much of a shot in NXT because she was a Valet for most of her time there until they broke up B&M, then they bumped her to the main roster prematurely during the brand split because they desperately needed warm bodies for the women's division.

Alexa didn't get much of a shot in NXT because she was a Valet for most of her time there until they broke up B&M, then they bumped her to the main roster prematurely during the brand split because they desperately needed warm bodies for the women's division.
HHH never seemed committed to giving Alexa a big push in NXT so all they could really do was bring her up.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Its pretty amazing how everyone in these threads always know exactly what McMahon and Dunn are thinking. Wow.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
It's almost like they've been watching the product and observing the booking for 30+ years.

Theres betting in wrestling, right? Is there money to be made there when you know what the two higher ups think about the talent at all times?

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Theres betting in wrestling, right? Is there money to be made there when you know what the two higher ups think about the talent at all times?

Well the betting odds are most frequently based on what Dave Meltzer thinks the booking is going to be (whether speculation or things he's heard) so yea.

Raging Spaniard

Well the betting odds are most frequently based on what Dave Meltzer thinks the booking is going to be (whether speculation or things he's heard) so yea.

Im being a sarcastic asshole, but come on man, WWE booking is 70% predictable to anyone here, but to presume to know what very private people think about very specific things about talent is just wanting to believe youre "in the know" There are so many ways all those rumors about who likes whos accent and it affecting someones booking can be fake

Syder

I haven't check the predictions I made but I'm pretty sure they were all right. WWE has never been more predictable than it is right now.

I kinda can, Alexa's really good on the mic but is still kinda ass in the ring. When she levels up on that (and she's certainly working her way towards it) I'll be happy. As things are things should be shifting to Bayley/Sasha at Summer Slam because they're the money feud in regards to appeal and performance, but Alex's blond and to Vince's standards so fuck that.

As for Bayley I fully agree with you after listening to here on the Asutin podcast. She seems totally oblivious as to how things are different for her despite her current character being nothing like it is on NXT.

Bliss is were she is because her mic work not her hair colour.

Top Bottom