• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Survivor Series 2016 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
so like...Lesnar def got popped for PEDs right? Otherwise, why would they waste the streak and the clean Lesnar pin on a 48yo Goldberg?

Looking forward to Goldberg being around for a bit though.

Because Goldberg's name probably sold the fuck out of this PPV, and the only way to get Goldberg to agree to a match would be to give him a 30 second squash match.

PreFire

Lol I thought Brock was gonna kick out tbh. Results shocked me lol

Either way, Happy Goldberg won and he still could jackhammer and spear like he didn't skip a day.

So I guess all the heat just goes into the ether, now way on Satan's green earth is Goldberg losing a match that doesn't involve massive fuckery.

lesnar-house-show.jpg

Press F5 to pay respects.

Brock/Berg was fine honestly. The match before it was the true abomination of the weekend.

And having Bayley, the babiest of babyfaces, run in illegally to break up a pin when Dana Brooke is standing right there.

orioto

Good Art™
That said it was meant to be a videogame match and they presented it like that for weeks.

It was almost a live commercial to show everything is possible in videogames.

Anyway didn't comment here before but yeah long and average ppv.

The end of the tag team match was nice.
The Kalisto match was great but ruined in the end.
The Raw/Sd match was so fucking long. They killed the crowd 3 times.
_ By removing JeriKO early (when Owens didn't do anything relevant in the match yet..He basically did nothing in the match...)
_By legit killing Shane. That bumb was realllly ugly.
_Then by having the match ending in a Reigns show of course.

I'm one of the people that legit said they would never re-up on the network so I didn't watch the match. Was Lesnar taunting Goldberg and just had his shit pushed in? I could see this being a thing that storyline wise just sets off Brock and for a while he just wrecks the shit out of everyone. Like, not even in matches. Goes to both shows and just randomly kills peeps

Brock is just beefy as fuck. He doesn't look fat/out of shape though, that's ridiculous. He was shredded for his last UFC match, but you can't really expect him to look like that regularly at his age.

Rellik

I'm one of the people that legit said they would never re-up on the network so I didn't watch the match. Was Lesnar taunting Goldberg and just had his shit pushed in? I could see this being a thing that storyline wise just sets off Brock and for a while he just wrecks the shit out of everyone. Like, not even in matches. Goes to both shows and just randomly kills peeps

Think back to Goldberg vs. random jobber on Nitro.

Now replace random jobber with Brock Lesnar.

Amory

At least Goldberg still looks strong as fuck. He's in incredible shape for someone his age, unlike Taker or Sting who look like they're about to die

It's believable that he could come back and destroy brock

My guess is they are just going to have Brock be off tv for a few weeks, and when he returns he'll kick someone's ass and they'll pretend like this never happened.

If you're not familiar with Goldberg this will make no sense.

If you're familiar with Goldberg this makes perfect sense.

It wasn't you, something was clearly up.

I know Goldberg I've been watching since 84 (even though I was just born my brother watched).

I'm still shocked. Damn I love wrestling.

Bork should have kicked out and got speared again
Then another jackhammer by GODBERG

3 spears X 2 jackhammers would have been awesome to see and I think BERGOLD could have done it

But still, Goldberg the 🐐

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
Ok, after the shock, I wish it was a bit longer and have it be a bit more even. Goldberg's injured though right? That would have made it harder.

And honestly, that whole "WHO WILL BEAT BROCK" thing was an albatross and it was clear that after the Roman Reigns experiment failing, they had no idea what to do with it. Hopefully with that burden gone they can shake things up a bit. I don't have any faith in Raw Creative though.

gun_haver

You guys have a really weird fucking standard for 'out of shape'.

it's the contrast from how he was looking during the summer before and for a little while after the UFC fight - he was very lean and muscular. now he's returned to his flabbier look. possibly as a result of the steroids he was taking in the lead up to the UFC fight.

anyway - that was cool! it was unexpected and exciting. they do squashes in big matches so rarely that they are worth it when they do happen. regardless of the ongoing value of brock or whatever - don't think about it too much, cos who cares? brock's never around and has been doing disconnected exhibitions anyway. it was fun, and surprising. wwe is normally so structured around branding and predictable that this is refreshing in comparison.

also - brock has been in decline since he was revealed to cheat for the UFC fight. people respect him as a legit fighter less and that doesn't get him heat, because his heat was entirely based upon that respect. so nothing that crazy was really lost except some theoretical putting over of - who exactly? they'd fuck it up anyway so i say enjoy the surprises for what they are - superficial entertainment.

cordy

Banned
Only one out of shape there was Goldberg's son.

Also Goldberg's been the only wrestler that he's faced that looks like he could legit kick his ass. Well, Cena to a degree but nah man Goldberg looked like a dude you didn't wanna fuck with.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Why would Goldberg care?

Like maybe Heyman will kidnap his son lmao?

Lesnar has to F5 his son and wife. The feud is completely over without some carny level of escalation. Theres zero reason for them to ever do a rematch without it. Still completely loathe this ending. I've always hated Goldberg. Dude sucked 20 years ago, sucks now. I'll never get it.

it's the contrast from how he was looking during the summer before and for a little while after the UFC fight - he was very lean and muscular. now he's returned to his flabbier look. possibly as a result of the steroids he was taking in the lead up to the UFC fight.

Probably because the kind of cutting and conditioning needed for an actual UFC fight is different from being a day to day pro wrestler.

Bleacher Report hated it, gave it an F.... Good thank god someone out there hated it.

BR usually mirrors my thoughts... they were kinder to this PPV overall than I was but still pretty accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom