• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

X Rebirth |OT| Back In The Womb With You

Well I picked up the game, got the credit. Didn't realize there was no way to redeem a Steam code using the mobile app. It's going to be a long day at work! Can't wait tho.

mandiller

The game runs like a dog. I've turned down all the settings. If I'm running at 2560x1440 I get about 27fps, if I'm running at 1080 instead it's still 27fps.

i5 2500k @4Ghz
GTX 570
8GB RAM

Kabouter

Can't get the whole proxy thing to work for some reason, oh well, guess I'll have to wait a few months for the game to drop a bit in price. Can't really afford spending €50 on one game.

Gothos

The game runs like a dog. I've turned down all the settings. If I'm running at 2560x1440 I get about 27fps, if I'm running at 1080 instead it's still 27fps.

i5 2500k @4Ghz
GTX 570
8GB RAM

My worst fear is coming to life. Althought that GPU...

Damn. The guy on the stream was having similar problems with a 7700. Turned off most of the settings and didn't get much of a fps boost.

Good thing we can run at 480p and upscale ;)

Tankshell

Just played for 30 mins at lunch, first impressions: mixed, but have a good feeling about it. Dat soundtrack.

Runs OK, getting about 45fps with these settings:

Resolution:1920x1080
Shaders:high
Shadows:eek:n
AA:2x
Vsync:eek:ff
All other settings:defaults

Am happy with that on my rig, as it is no longer anywhere near cutting edge:

i5 2500K @ 4.5Ghz
EVGA GTX580 1.5Gb SC
8GB Corsair Vengence
Win7 x64
Latest Nvidia drivers

My FPS was in the mid 20's for the first starting bit now they've gone up to around 50 - 60.

i5-3570K @ 3.40Ghz
8GB Ram
Nvidia GeForce 760 GTX 2GB Ram

Will see how it plays...

aranth

Ugh, runs like absolute crap on my rig (3570k@4.4Ghz, 7970, 8 gb, Win 8.1) at 1080, ranging from 25 fps to 60 fps tops. And that's with smaa forced through radeonpro (no aa ingame), ssao turned off and sliders at 60%. I kinda saw it coming, but I didn't expect it to be this bad.

Models are a bit...off and that voice acting...man.

captureanspm.png

But I have to say it is damn pretty out in space. Looks amazing.

The Cowboy

My worst fear is coming to life. Althought that GPU...

It's still more than meets the recommended specs, and is way past the minimum.

Hmm, think I'll hold off for now and see how things go as I have a 4ghx X4 PII and a superclocked GTX480.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Performance is definitely bad right now, which is a shame cause I like most of what I've seen. It's gonna take some getting use to the changes and new format but yeah they need push out some optimization patches asap.

Many thanks for this man.

I just used a polish proxy (input via proxy settings in Chrome, list from here: http://spys.ru/free-proxy-list/pl/), and got a key in the UK for £24 GBP. Payed via PayPal so nice and secure, key came through immediately via email. Entered it into Steam, pre-loading now. All worked fine.

Slightly better than the £40 Steam wanted in the UK for the game, I won't feel so bad now if it turns out to be rubbish! (I'm sure it wont).

Anyone shed some more light on getting this to work? I entered a few IPs into the proxy settings in chrome, nothing works. Just stops me being able to load pages

Twinduct

For this game, at this point? Doubtful. Seems like the game is simply badly optimized.

Nah I mean more in general. But passing fancy went out the door once I noticed that I can wait until next year once stuff like gsync and etc is actually proofed and tested.

mandiller

If I turn on graphic settings it doesn't hit my fps very much and if I turn them off it doesn't do much. So I get around 20-30 fps near a space station. The game is just badly optimised. Ugh.

I'm having difficulty figuring out the keyboard controls too. I'm trying to drop my captain off at a freighter but I have no idea how to dock with it. What do I press? I swear I docked with stations before by pressing F and a number but that doesn't seem to work with the freighter.

Also, this game has some atrocious C-grade voice acting. I would be funny if I hadn't of paid for the game.

*edit* And a co-pilot with a boob window dress that likes to lean over all the time. Geez.

Tankshell

Anyone shed some more light on getting this to work? I entered a few IPs into the proxy settings in chrome, nothing works. Just stops me being able to load pages

Assuming you are on Windows, Chrome -> Settings -> Advanced Settings -> Change Proxy Settings.

Then, in the dialog box that appears, under Local Area Network (LAN) settings section at the bottom, hit LAN Settings button.

Enter proxy server details in the box at the bottom of the new dialog window, make sure to get the port correct as well.

Click OK, twice to close all dialogs.

Assuming the proxy server is working you should be able to load up pages, but they WILL be slow to load. Sometimes, depending on the proxy you tried they just wont work at all.

Keep trying different proxies on the list until one starts working. It took me 3 attempts to find a working one.

Once you have actually added the game to your basket you can actually disable the proxy again to speed up your internet again. Website only seems to check at the point before adding the item to your basket, lol.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog awaits at the post office, first game I will try this out with.

This month is crazy expensive

Grats, its one hell of an HOTAS, the best on the market imo. I hope you get DCS A-10 with that though, its "the" sim to go with that hotas and its a good sim too.

I do, mainly because the Warthog doesn't have rudder twist in the stick ... To my surprise. So to get rudder action you need some pedals.

( Using these http://www.saitek.com/uk/prod/compedals.html )

EDIT: Game says "NOW AVAILABLE!" on steam store but it's still in a "Pre-load complete; unreleased" state.

To your surprise?? Hehehe, it would not be an A-10 replica with a rudder twist on the stick.

Just got home. Have 5 hours before I have to leave to teach my class. Download the rest of the download right now and am FUCKING HYPED.

Edit: For some reason, my download starts, and then stops 5 seconds later? Anyone else having any issues with downloading it or anything from Steam right now?

Perkel

Banned
Downloading 5%....

I have 4 core Q9300@3Ghz + HD6870+4GB ram.
I expect low framerate :D

Good that i plan to switch my rig in close future

My SSD is ready

Kinda glad I held off on buying this now after reading about the performance issues. BF4 was (and still is) enough of a headache at launch.

No it's being published by Deep Silver and they love their high European prices. They did the same thing with Dead Island and Saints Row IV as well in region locking those too.

Ah, that makes sense. I forgot all about SR4 being expensive.

Twinduct

Kinda glad I held off on buying this now after reading about the performance issues. BF4 was (and still is) enough of a headache at launch.

Ah, that makes sense. I forgot all about SR4 being expensive.

Lol BF4 is very reason I didn't buy this!
Moving away from Day 1 with release, shit's almost always fixed a few weeks later (Well not in BF4 or SImcity's case)

dejan

Tried to check Egosoft's forums, but their server seems to have crashed. Man, I was sooo close buying that Collector's Edition, glad I didn't. Hope they can get the performance issues fixed soon.

Perkel

Banned
Heh new game created in 2013 requires good rig to run. Shocking news.
When SC will hit it will be the same.

/s

To be fair game didn't have yet first patch nor GPU vendors released their new drivers with this game included.

Heh new games created in 2013 requires good rig to run. Shocking news.

This game has graphics of a 2008 game. I'm not seeing any incredible quantity of polygons, nor super high res textures,advanced effect or incredible lightning systems. The game is more colorful and "busy" than X3: Terran Conflict, but technically it doesn't seem very far off.

Hell, space games usually have low requisites: you don't need millions of polygons for a spaceship, they don't have animations and they don't have complex scenarios but the void of space.

Dang, I'm torn. Want it, shouldn't buy it, like the look of, but don't like response so far. I'll be patient and maybe catch a steam sale round the turn of the year. My gaming rig exceeds reccomendations but is below what some of you are running, getting ~30fps.

Still sold on the game but can wait for price to drop or these performance issues to be ironed out.

Perkel

Banned
This game has graphics of a 2008 game. I'm not seeing any incredible quantity of polygons, nor super high res textures,advanced effect or incredible lightning systems. The game is more colorful and "busy" than X3: Terran Conflict, but technically it doesn't seem very far off.

Hell, space games usually have low requisites: you don't need millions of polygons for a spaceship, they don't have animations and they don't have complex scenarios but the void of space.

WAT ? Have you seen gifs ?

Just because it uses DX9 and older rendering techniques it doesn't mean it will suddenly work 120fps on new hardware. Game looks amazing.

Beside that X3 games are simulation games. They simulate economy and ton of ships in background. I am yet to see myself game but even X3 TC or AP could work like dog in few moment on best hardware. With XTC even best hardware will struggle with fully expanded world.

X:Rebirth looks like it will be doing much more than XTC and at the same time whole stations will "live" displaying ton of effects and ships at once.

mandiller

WAT ? Have you seen gifs ?

Just because it uses DX9 and older rendering techniques it doesn't mean it will suddenly work 120fps on new hardware. Game looks amazing.

Beside that X3 games are simulation games. They simulate economy and ton of ships in background. I am yet to see myself game but even X3 TC or AP could work like dog in few moment on best hardware. With XTC even best hardware will struggle with fully expanded world.

X:Rebirth looks like it will be doing much more than XTC and at the same time whole stations will "live" displaying ton of effects and ships at once.

It doesn't look that great. Especially when on board a space station and walking around. 2008 sounds about right. It still runs awful though.

Perkel

Banned
It doesn't look that great. Especially when on board a space station and walking around. 2008 sounds about right. It still runs awful though.

Dude it is space game. Most of your time is in space. If you expect them to create Mass Effect space stations you are in wrong place.

KPJZKC

Just throwing in my experience, game runs horrendously.

3.8GHz i3750, so don't think CPU is much of a bottleneck - problem is a Radeon 6750, even with anti-aliasing off, shader quality on low I'm still getting sub 30fps.

fanboi

Banned

It doesn't look great?

From a artistic PoV you are free to think what you like of course, but from a technical PoV you are wrong.

Wanace

Anyone who played previous games want to give impressions on good/bad/ugly in this game?

I'm not too upset about the whole one ship thing (as long as it is nigh-infinitely upgradeable) but I am wondering about the number of sectors, AI, etc.

Egosoft's voice acting and animation has always been shit so I don't care too much about that either.

Assuming you are on Windows, Chrome -> Settings -> Advanced Settings -> Change Proxy Settings.

Then, in the dialog box that appears, under Local Area Network (LAN) settings section at the bottom, hit LAN Settings button.

Enter proxy server details in the box at the bottom of the new dialog window, make sure to get the port correct as well.

Click OK, twice to close all dialogs.

Assuming the proxy server is working you should be able to load up pages, but they WILL be slow to load. Sometimes, depending on the proxy you tried they just wont work at all.

Keep trying different proxies on the list until one starts working. It took me 3 attempts to find a working one.

Once you have actually added the game to your basket you can actually disable the proxy again to speed up your internet again. Website only seems to check at the point before adding the item to your basket, lol.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

Thanks for that, but yeah thats what i was doing and no joy. Oh well.

Erm, judging by some screenshots tho, i might have dodged a bullet...

iDUcku0y6quXe.jpg

i2MJqMAgexLBQ.jpg

Not my screens, but this looks bitterly disappointing visually, considering how gorgeous the videos looked

Lol BF4 is very reason I didn't buy this!
Moving away from Day 1 with release, shit's almost always fixed a few weeks later (Well not in BF4 or SImcity's case)

Yep same, I've been burnt way too many times.

Heh new game created in 2013 requires good rig to run. Shocking news.

Lol, really dude? People with rigs that are higher than the recommended specs are having trouble running the game at over 30fps. Turning the graphics from high to low barely have an effect on the framerate for many people.
Also, I've read about some who can run the game better than others, even with a worse rig.
Don't pretend the game is just hard to run because it looks nice, it's obvious that there are issues.

Perkel

Banned

3.8GHz i3750, so don't think CPU is much of a bottleneck - problem is a Radeon 6750, even with anti-aliasing off, shader quality on low I'm still getting sub 30fps.

THANK YOU

I have HD6870 which should be faster than your GPU and i was scared i will hit a lot 20s or even lower.

Yeah sounds like this game is nearly unplayable for a lot of people FPS wise. Also lots of crashes.

I'm holding off here.

Yiyas

Neo Member
Resolution: 1920x1080
Shader: normal
Shadow: off
AA: 0x
Vsync: on
All other settings on default

i5 2500K @ 3.30 GHz
GTX570
8GB RAM
Windows 8.1 (x64) with latest Nvidia drivers

Shader and shadow setting can make a difference, depending on the surroundings. But most of the time you can gain a few frames by turning these settings down.

There are some situations that result in 25-30 FPS: when entering or exiting highways or in systems with lots of small objects (like a ship graveyard). But it also stays between 50 and 60 FPS for extended periods of time, so it is not as bad as I feared.

Top Bottom