• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

X Rebirth |OT| Back In The Womb With You

Drazgul

I want to play this so bad. Been waiting for the R9 290's with better coolers to come out, but this is really making it hard. Those GTX 780's sure do look tempting now...

CTLance

One one more night. Amazon sent me a mail that the package is already on its way. Can't wait.

Will poop in the box and forward it to egosoft if the game is bad.

Hellers

I preordered on Steam ages ago and tonight I notice that Amazon UK still have collectors editions available.

DOUBLE DIPPED. Tomorrow can't come soon enough.

KKRT00

If You want to get X: Rebirth cheap, You can try to use muve.pl site.
With this code: MUVE.PL-MOSKITGP-XREBIRTHDIGI
You can get digital version here: http://muve.pl/digital/symulacje/x-rebirth-pc-digital/55340
For 105 PLN, so for around 35$.

Site supports paypal. Its 100% legal, its quite big Polish distributor.

Code is thanks to the on this Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cM2elOJK5E

They dont send keys yet, but they'll probably tomorrow morning CET time.

Ps. I dont know if they have region restriction by IPs and such.

KPJZKC

If You want to get X: Rebirth cheap, You can try to use muve.pl site.
With this code: MUVE.PL-MOSKITGP-XREBIRTHDIGI
You can get digital version here: http://muve.pl/digital/symulacje/x-rebirth-pc-digital/55340
For 105 PLN, so for around 35$.

Site supports paypal. Its 100% legal, its quite big Polish distributor.

Code is thanks to the on this Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cM2elOJK5E

They dont send keys yet, but they'll probably tomorrow morning CET time.

Ps. I dont know if they have region restriction by IPs and such.

I had considered doing this earlier, but was a little worried PL keys wouldn't work outside of PL.

KKRT00

I had considered doing this earlier, but was a little worried PL keys wouldn't work outside of PL.

Its Steamworks game, if You'll get a key, it will work.

Biggest problem is, if they allow for IPs outside of Poland to buy from them :)

wsippel

Banned
Yea, whats this about?

It says:

This game will unlock in approximately 18 hours

but I've always had my Steam games unlock at 12pm GMT.

Any reason for this?
Egosoft stated on the official forum that the game should unlock at 1pm CET or a bit later - 15 hours from now. Or at least that was the plan two days ago.

KPJZKC

Its Steamworks game, if You'll get a key, it will work.

Biggest problem is, if they allow for IPs outside of Poland to buy from them :)

Well that's not how it's working for EU/ROW - non EU keys won't activate for EU IPs. However, if they have gone to so much trouble to make sure that most of Europe pays more than the rest of the world, it would be very strange if they overlooked Poland. So I'm very reluctant to recommend that to anybody :p

---

What an awful sentence I wrote - basically, the steam keys are going to be region locked. We know that they are AT LEAST going to be locked between Europe/outside Europe, but we don't know yet if they're going to be locked between the normal "cheap" areas in Europe.

KKRT00

Well that's not how it's working for EU/ROW - non EU keys won't activate for EU IPs. However, if they have gone to so much trouble to make sure that most of Europe pays more than the rest of the world, it would be very strange if they overlooked Poland. So I'm very reluctant to recommend that to anybody :p

---

What an awful sentence I wrote - basically, the steam keys are going to be region locked. We know that they are AT LEAST going to be locked between Europe/outside Europe, but we don't know yet if they're going to be locked between the normal "cheap" areas in Europe.

Russians codes were never blocked, they sometimes had different versions though, like for example for Dishonored.

Polish codes are same as codes in UK/DE. The only reason some of them are cheaper is because they come from retail and retail in Poland is cheaper, where Steam is not.
Steam does not recognize Poland as 'cheaper' country like Brazil or Russia.

KPJZKC

Russians codes were never blocked, they sometimes had different versions though, like for example for Dishonored.

Polish codes are same as codes in UK/DE. The only reason some of them are cheaper is because they come from retail and retail in Poland is cheaper, where Steam is not.
Steam does not recognize Poland as 'cheaper' country like Brazil or Russia.

Well shit, I need to get my Polish friends to start buying games for me in the shops!

(and quoting from egosoft website

X Rebirth (outside Europe only) - STEAM KEY
- This version can only be activated outside Europe.

X Rebirth (international) - STEAM KEY
- This version can be activated everywhere. No restrictions.)

KKRT00

Well shit, I need to get my Polish friends to start buying games for me in the shops!

You should :)

Just look out at EA games, because some of them are Polish only. Actually EA recognize out market, but it also means that they localize everything and sometimes they dont give You choice.
For example I cant switch my Crysis 3 to english ;\

Nothing a little VPN can't sidestep. I recall getting a Russki key for RAGE when it launched, and found myself existing in Moscow for nary ten minutes.

KPJZKC

Nothing a little VPN can't sidestep. I recall getting a Russki key for RAGE when it launched, and found myself existing in Moscow for nary ten minutes.

I'm pretty familiar with using VPNs (if only to buy from US GMG), but I remember hearing some horror stories about VPNs and steam (accounts getting banned), or even more annoyingly, having to use the VPN every time you want to launch the game (as was the case with a region locked Skyrim)

I need to practice my Polish anyway :p

Slimak slimak pokaz rogi, dam si money na games

Why are keys being region locked to basically punish European buyers, is this a common thing with Steam games now?
It's the first I've heard of it, and it seems ridiculous that Egosoft's website actually shows two different versions of the game that are identical, but one is just cheaper for non-europeans.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Why are keys being region locked to basically punish European buyers, is this a common thing with Steam games now?
It's the first I've heard of it, and it seems ridiculous that Egosoft's website actually shows two different versions of the game that are identical, but one is just cheaper for non-europeans.

No it's being published by Deep Silver and they love their high European prices. They did the same thing with Dead Island and Saints Row IV as well in region locking those too.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
It just seems so strange, a midday release.

I guess it has to do with unlocking it worldwide at the same time. Noon Europe time means most of the world is awake I guess. Had it been early in the morning or even midnight than I would have been able to play since 6pm last night, effectively a day ahead.

Dex815

And my CE has been left to a neighbour.... like some weeks ago my gtx 770... thanks DHL guy! ....

Prepare dear neighbour, I'll be there first hour in the morning asking for my parcel before going to work! :)

wsippel

Banned
It just seems so strange, a midday release.
The game simply isn't done as far as I understand. They're still testing and ironing out bugs. Hell, the voice acting wasn't even finished by the time the preload started, and retail disks are missing at least 1.5GB of data. Egosoft is working on this until the very last moment. I'm really looking forward to finally playing the game, but I expect the initial release to be a buggy mess.

Typomancer

Neo Member
Are any of those Green Man Gaming codes still active?

No, they had to remove X Rebirth from the sale for some reason. But I contacted GMG support and they credited my account with $12.50 so that I could buy the game from them and essentially save the same amount that one of the voucher codes would have given me (which was 25% off).

I recommend you do the same thing if you’d like to get a bit of a discount. Say that you saw the codes on Reddit.

epmode

No, they had to remove X Rebirth from the sale for some reason. But I contacted GMG support and they credited my account with $12.50 so that I could buy the game from them and essentially save the same amount that one of the voucher codes would have given me (which was 25% off).

I recommend you do the same thing if you’d like to get a bit of a discount. Say that you saw the codes on Reddit.

Good call. Preloading now. Here's hoping the game's not a mess.

BTW, a few people on Something Awful have been playing the game. Some kind of beta? Someone said that he's had the game crash twice in six hours. That's honestly better than I expected for a game like this.

FloatOn

I just played a bit of Skullgirls.

I demand an indie fighting game revolution. This free weekend is going to force me to buy the game.

It's pretty much roarin' 20's darkstalkers.... which is what I really need more of in my life.

BTW, a few people on Something Awful have been playing the game. Some kind of beta? Someone said that he's had the game crash twice in six hours. That's honestly better than I expected for a game like this.

WHo did you contact? Just support?

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
I just played a bit of Skullgirls.

I demand an indie fighting game revolution. This free weekend is going to force me to buy the game.

It's pretty much roarin' 20's darkstalkers.... which is what I really need more of in my life.

Does it have spaceships in it?

Typomancer

Neo Member

Sweet. Glad it worked for you.

And yes, I have actually decided to wait a bit now that I have credit on my GMG before pulling the trigger. Have plenty of other games and stuff to occupy me with until I start seeing some more stuff about it.

What I’ve seen of the game so far looks really slick. Space flight, strategy, and/or combat simulators are probably my favorite types of games. I just want to make sure that it will be much easier to sink into in comparison to the older games (which I own, but have never had enough time/willpower to watch a bunch of YouTube how-to videos just to play them, heh) before I buy a copy.

Awesome, same here, just wasn't sure if I should submit a ticket. How long did it take to hear back? Been about 15 minutes so far.

Really want this game.

GMG was surprisingly quick for me, under 6 hour response time, though I think most of their support staff is in the UK. Might be a bit too late in the day right now.

KPJZKC

Showing up as just over 4.5GB in my depotcache folder, not sure how accurate that is or if I have missed something.

AndyBNV

Nvidia
I come with news of SLI - Given the size and scope of the game, and the potential for there to be far more happening later in the game, we're not going to release an official profile just yet.

We're concerned some configs will be CPU bound, scale poorly, or perhaps even negatively. Therefore, I'm releasing our bits on here for a wider group of people to test with. Using NVIDIA Inspector, create a profile for Rebirth and use DX9 SLI compatibility bits 0xC2480005.

When reporting feedback, please state your FPS results, your CPU, your clock speed if you overclock, your operating system, and your GPU config (2-Way GTX TITAN SLI, for example).

Thanks in advance for your assistance!

Edit: Adding to what Perkel said:

It's very important for new comers and people interested in the title to know that X series has one of the most robust and productive modding communities out there. Few games can rival the continued support from both the developers and modders. Every single X game has gotten major updates and content additions from Egosoft and every game has had dozens of top quality mods created for them, some of which are picked up and used by Egosoft themselves for official releases.

Egosoft puts out a great game, but neither they, nor the modding community just let that rest. X series is definitely the kind of game that you can come back to after a few months or years and find a wealth of improvements and new content, both official and unofficial.
I've been on the fence about this game, it looks great. Thread pushed me over, this post sealed the deal.

Dolor

I come with news of SLI - Given the size and scope of the game, and the potential for there to be far more happening later in the game, we're not going to release an official profile just yet.

We're concerned some configs will be CPU bound, scale poorly, or perhaps even negatively. Therefore, I'm releasing our bits on here for a wider group of people to test with. Using NVIDIA Inspector, create a profile for Rebirth and use DX9 SLI compatibility bits 0xC2480005.

When reporting feedback, please state your FPS results, your CPU, your clock speed if you overclock, your operating system, and your GPU config (2-Way GTX TITAN SLI, for example).

Is there going to be GEforce Experience support (meaning Nvidia will tell me optimal settings to use)?

Sethos

Banned

Thanks Andy, will mess around with it.

I've never played an 'X' game before.

Can someone please explain to me what I'll be in for? Because it really seems something I would like.

I would love to build a galactic space empire and the graphics are always a huge plus for me.

For someone as inexperienced with these games as I am, I am hesitant to buy this game on launch day, I'm worried about how slow moving it might be.

Would it be anything similar to Galactic Civilizations? I bought no. 2 of that recently and absolutely loved it, if not get frustrated with the few crashes I've received from it.

Can someone please explain to me what I'll be in for? Because it really seems something I would like.

I would love to build a galactic space empire and the graphics are always a huge plus for me.

For someone as inexperienced with these games as I am, I am hesitant to buy this game on launch day, I'm worried about how slow moving it might be.

Would it be anything similar to Galactic Civilizations? I bought no. 2 of that recently and absolutely loved it, if not get frustrated with the few crashes I've received from it.

Hard to say how 'slow moving' Rebirth will be, but they've stated this'll be the best yet for newcomers.

It's also a corporate empire builder built on the back of starships and stations, rather than planets, but the concepts of development are the same, so I'm willing to say you'll have a good time. GC2 veterancy states you've the patience for it.

Naeblish

The first few hours i played X3 (about a year ago), i was confused as hell, but also amazed by all the things that you were able to do. More then once my jaw was on the floor, thinking "holy shit you can do that?". These games are on a whole other level than most games you play. I played for 80 hours, just following the story line and exploring the universe, but there was still so much more you could do. If you are willing to invest some time these games offer an incredible deep and unique experience. They are just not for everyone.

Top Bottom