• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

X Rebirth |OT| Back In The Womb With You

Ian

Thanks to this thread, this game went from not even on my radar, to pre-loading as I type.

Oh well, one less Christmas present for my gf, I guess :)

x_rebirth_screen_045.jpg

Screenshoot of the week, the last one before the release. Here we go, hell yeah!

KPJZKC

Never played any of the X games before, but this looks amazing.

What is this shit. The cheapest I can seem to get it in the UK is £40, and the game isn't even available on GMG.

Yeah, this is why I haven't bought it yet - fairly blatant of egosoft to sell two separate version on their very own website too. In euros (and close enough to pounds also) we end up paying about 70% more than the US GMG version + code.

Trying to decide if it's worth using a VPN to activate it or not.

bought off gmg. this is gonna be the LAST TIME (got steam code instantly too). If this game won't get me, I think im done with X.

luckily it seems to hit all my buttons. :p

What country are you in, if you don't mind my asking? I'm in the US and they still haven't given me a key.

I know you didn't ask me, but I'm in the US and I thought I'd let you know that I bought it off GMG today. They sent the code to me immediately after purchase, it's downloading now.

Buxaroo

Neo Member
I know you didn't ask me, but I'm in the US and I thought I'd let you know that I bought it off GMG today. They sent the code to me immediately after purchase, it's downloading now.

I bought it 5 days ago. I don't see a key anywhere and haven't gotten an email.

Arcticfox

I also bought the game from GMG (US) using the above code today and received the Steam key instantly in the receipt email. I have preloaded it and am ready to go. The PS4 can wait.

Perkel

Banned
Damn as i were saying i am playing currently Albion Prelude and daaaam whole day felt like nothing.

I am runinning now:

6 Factories
14 Light and Haevy transporters

and what is more important i have my own small carrier equiped with 2M4 and M3 fighters + M5 for recon and stuff.

Soon i will be getting corvette :D

Milamber

Shit! This game isn't even available in my GMG store region.

EDIT: Thought I would be excluded since I'm not even in Europe.

Dougald

GAF I love space sims (freelancer, elite etc). I played EVE for a while and enjoyed it but it was ultimately a bit too slow-paced for me, though I really enjoy trading/etc.

The problem is I have tried to get into X3 several times and frankly it's just too complex for me to get into, and I don't have the time to spent trying to do so. The question is, will this be more accessible?

Lingitiz

GAF I love space sims (freelancer, elite etc). I played EVE for a while and enjoyed it but it was ultimately a bit too slow-paced for me, though I really enjoy trading/etc.

The problem is I have tried to get into X3 several times and frankly it's just too complex for me to get into, and I don't have the time to spent trying to do so. The question is, will this be more accessible?

I've never played an X game either, but this seems to be far more accessible. They've made it a point to make it easy to get into by adding gamepad controls, streamlining some of the lengthy travel through highways, and making combat faster and more fun overall.

Seems like it. I just hope they didn't confuse "making it more accessible" with "dumbing it down" as it is usually the case.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Any good deals around for this?

Dougald

Seems like it. I just hope they didn't confuse "making it more accessible" with "dumbing it down" as it is usually the case.

Yes there is a very thin line to tread between "spreadsheets and undocumented controls" and "pew pew space lasers" that I hope they manage to get right

AndyBNV

Nvidia
Was the official release info posted?

So, it's time to give people some information about installing and activating your game on Steam.

• If you have ordered a Steam edition of the game and already have your Steam key, then, as many of you have already found out, you can start pre-loading now. We still have a few things to upload, such as videos and voice recordings that are still being finalised, so the pre-load will continue to update over the next few days. The final update when the switch is flicked to release the game should be just a few MB.

• Talking of flicking the switch, our plan is to do so at midday 12:00 GMT/UTC on the 15th. You'll have to work out your own timezone differences for that! I know nobody will take any notice of this, but please be aware that that is an estimate and there are various factors, not all under our control, that could lead to it changing.

• For those of you who have ordered a boxed edition, if you receive your game before the release date then you can also pre-load the game by activating your Steam key - you'll find it in the box - using the Steam client. You cannot, however, pre-install the game using the DVD before release.

• Notice to those who have bought the DVD but who cannot, or do not wish to, pre-load the game directly from Steam:
Once the game is released the Steam client will need to download and add approximately 1.5GB of data in addition to what is on the DVD before you can play. Again, this additional data consists mainly of videos and voice recordings which were not ready at the time the DVD was manufactured. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=346850

Cheers man. Not available in Australia unfortunately. But that's okay. I'm a bit strapped for cash so I'll wait it out.

I'm much the same. The comfort is such a massive scope will probably also mean massive patches. Hopefully my wallet and the stability align one day.

If it is rock solid day one...my wallet will just have to deal with it.

The question is, will this be more accessible?

Good question. They said a lot of time that the game will be more accessible, without sacrifice the deep gameplay. For newcomers had always been very hard to approach this saga, because every new game add new features to the old ones.

X:rebirth is not build just like the others, as a new floors of a skyscrapes. Instead, the build the game mechanics from scratch, so this is real reboot.

Yeah the only deal I've seen...but it is region restricted at the moment. Hopefully it opens up before release.

Cheers man. Not available in Australia unfortunately. But that's okay. I'm a bit strapped for cash so I'll wait it out.

Bummer :\

Edit: In the Brazilian Steam store a copy of the game costs ~AUD $39, problem is that many banks have started blocking Steam purchases over here.

Tankshell

Does anybody here actually expect this to work on release day?

Judging by past Egosoft games, it is going to be bug central for at least a few weeks whilst they patch all the serious game crippling stuff.

I'm really looking forward to this game, but won't be attempting to play it properly for at least a few weeks :)

Judging by past Egosoft games, it is going to be bug central for at least a few weeks whilst they patch all the serious game crippling stuff.

I'm really looking forward to this game, but won't be attempting to play it properly for at least a few weeks :)

Devnet team is harding testing the game in these days, surely the game is too much big for a release bug free, but I think will be playable, at least for the main campaign.

release at noon gmt?

So thats like 5pm est.

no biggie. Still at work then! Won't feel that antsy!

Hope this game works at launch because tbh a fair amount of reason why i bought it was to distract me from impulse buying a ps4 :3

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!

Could go either way, though I think this time it's in our favor. Everything is brand new, all the scripting, AI, etc built from the ground up. So all those issues from the past should hopefully not be present, but that also leaves room for new issues. As long as I can fly around and blow shit up from the start I'll be happy.

Starviper

Damn, seems I missed out on the code for getting it @ 37.50.. Is there another code for that now or did I just miss it? Located over in the US.

Perkel

Banned

Frankly big ass features and complexity has downside you mentioned. But making less complex game is far worse than creating game with bugs but complex (with good support after release)

Top Bottom