• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

X Rebirth |OT| Back In The Womb With You

Perkel

Banned
Ship still has oxygen and flamable materials on board. Space is also devoid of any matter that can take the heat away.

Te be fair in 0G there is no real "fire" in space. Because fire produces carbon dioxide and that carbon dioxide don't move anywhere fire is quickly stopped.

Most of people see for example our sun as big ball of fire. In reality our Sun doesn't burn and there is no any fire. It's plasma and ultra hot gasses.

It's kind of weird that i think only media that conveyed properly fights in space was The Legend of Galactic Heroes anime where ships didn't explode in fire but they exploded in cloud of gasses without any fire.
Also i found quite fascinating battle lore in that anime. Essentially radio jamming became so good that in future battles are fought in medieval formations because any kind of radar or missile targeting system is useless that also includes communication of battlefield (that is why formations)

FloatOn

so I've got this friend with entirely too much disposable income, so I've been gifted this game because why not?

I'm really excited to play it this weekend

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Whats the word on release times around the world and any VPNs I could use to play it sometime tomorrow night and not Thurs afternoon when Steam updates?

Smash88

Banned
MODEM warning 5 MB gif (but it is worth it)

izo4MDzxuqiMO.gif

Shhh no reading only gifs now.

iUPIMcvQayJEP.gif

hehehe.

I-Lo is doing 50MB gifs :p

iMpnANjfbBnbl.gif

Their art design is just fantastic. its up 11/10

63JYf0f.gif

Daedardus

Te be fair in 0G there is no real "fire" in space. Because fire produces carbon dioxide and that carbon dioxide don't move anywhere fire is quickly stopped.

Most of people see for example our sun as big ball of fire. In reality our Sun doesn't burn and there is no any fire. It's plasma and ultra hot gasses.

Oh I see now. I always thought the carbon dioxide would expand against the vacuum but apparantly that process is way too slow so difussion takes over.

And it all depends on what your definition of a fire is. Fire isn't anything else either than hot gasses excitating variable light waves, much like a plasma. The sun doesn't 'burn' because there's no oxidation taking place, and there's no matter to give off heat by convection, but it sure does radiate in the same way a (very big) fire would.

KPJZKC

Welp, bit the terrible tasting bullet and pre-ordered on GamersGate (that 20% discount has finally come in handy) for €39.99. This means just rice/pasta for eats for a few days, but oh well. Hopefully worth it - please PLEASE don't let this be too dumbed down from X3.

Perkel

Banned
Heh again i spend some time with my X3 LP before XR.

About 15 TL ships + 5 m3 figters (+ magnetar with 3 docked m4 fighters) + one centaur M6 class + about 7 factories including Solar Powerplant XL which cost me about 20mln...

All from one discoverer without weapons with crappy 1Mj shield.

Can't freaking wait for XR

Oh man I'm so excited. Just finished pre-loading. I've been looking at the series for quite some time but this will be my first time playing it. I think what did it for me is how much more they've done for immersion compared to the earlier entries in the series.

Shaldome

I just hope someone in my house accepts my package today. Otherwise I have to make a long detour on my way home tomorrow to pick it up.

hitoshi

So I have still not received the review copy - anybody else in the same situation as me or everybody is busy exploring the galaxy...?

Well, just bought this with the money I was going to spend on Knack. Won't have the time to play it as much as I'd like due to class and next consoles but oh well.

Launch trailer is incredible but I can't help but think those battles won't be nearly as seamless in the actual game. AI going bonkers and so on :D

Tankshell

This game is going to make some fine screenshot material.

Really looking forward to this game, but 2 main downers for me so far are:

• no Newtonian physics
  • no ability to free look around in cockpit view (locked directly facing forwards)

Otherwise everything looks promising.

wsippel

Banned
This game is going to make some fine screenshot material.

Really looking forward to this game, but 2 main downers for me so far are:

• no Newtonian physics
  • no ability to free look around in cockpit view (locked directly facing forwards)

Otherwise everything looks promising.
Free look is apparently coming with the Occulus Rift patch next year.

kudoboi

Makes little difference, these games have never been reviewer favorites so it is unwise to let yourself get influenced by some half-ass rushed writeup.

well i never played the previous X series games due to the grinding and I don't feel like putting down 49 bucks for this game just yet without knowing whether i will enjoy it. i'm waiting for user/ press reviews and maybe some youtube videos eg totalbiscuit before deciding if i should buy the game or wait for a sale.

If this game didn't come out the exact same day as PS4, I wouldn't be waiting for a steam sale. Still, this game looks amazing, and I want it. Want it very bad. :eek:

glaurung

well i never played the previous X series games due to the grinding and I don't feel like putting down 49 bucks for this game just yet without knowing whether i will enjoy it. i'm waiting for user/ press reviews and maybe some youtube videos eg totalbiscuit before deciding if i should buy the game or wait for a sale.
Fair enough, I want some proper quicklooking from GB or a WTF from TB as well.

All I am saying is that don't let your spirits and hype be crushed when mainstream sites hit this game with a 5/10 or lower.

Yeah, this is why I haven't bought it yet - fairly blatant of egosoft to sell two separate version on their very own website too. In euros (and close enough to pounds also) we end up paying about 70% more than the US GMG version + code.

Trying to decide if it's worth using a VPN to activate it or not.

Yeah, it's the reason I'm still on the fence about the game. I'm a bit iffy about buying it since I've never played an X game before, but if it was around 30 or cheaper I would've just jumped in anyway.
£40 for a pc game is a bit ridiculous, I really hope that's not becoming the norm.

Damn, I just noticed that the recommended specs for this are 8GB of RAM and I only have 6. Is this going to throw a lot off? I'm up to snuff in every other regard.

Hellers

I am literally dripping wet with excitement. Hopefully it won't be as impenetrable to new players as previous versions :)

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Yea, whats this about?

It says:

This game will unlock in approximately 18 hours

but I've always had my Steam games unlock at 12pm GMT.

Any reason for this?

Egosoft reps say it's just Steam being shitty, but the game will unlock at 12pm GMT for sure. The countdown was set wrong and no one has bothered to fix it I guess.

Egosoft reps say it's just Steam being shitty, but the game will unlock at 12pm GMT for sure. The countdown was set wrong and no one has bothered to fix it I guess.

So it wont affect the files unlocking then and its just a "website" error, so to speak?

Sorry, I meant to say 12am

So am I to assume this wont unlock at Midnight for UK'ers?

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
So it wont affect the files unlocking then and its just a "website" error, so to speak?

Sorry, I meant to say 12am

So am I to assume this wont unlock at Midnight for UK'ers?

Appear so. Everyone in the world will be able to play around 12pm GMT. So for me that's 7am tomorrow. I think the Steam timer was or is set up to 12pm your time, which isn't correct. Mine now says Approx 18 hours which would be around 7am from now which is correct.

I can't seem to get the GMG voucher to work on this. According to the release, the voucher expires tomorrow.

Bug?

(Voucher code is GMG25-C5729-7SY25)

Top Bottom