• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox 360 Madden '11 Pre-season tournament: Because we need something to do

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
not only are some plays not available, i've had it say "no replays available for this quarter". wtf!
Doesn't that only happen if you scroll down too far in any given quarter? They list plays from other quarters all the way at the bottom.

Idk who won between Daw and Kave, but if you guys could go tonight, that would be coolio. Just let me know when works for you, i should be around

Nightz

Have Batman and Michael Jackson played their game yet? I'd like to know who I'm going to lose to in the second round.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
thecoldone33 1:19 pm
(1:19:57 PM): when can you play the tournament game
dmczafx23 1:20 pm
(1:20:25 PM): im not in the latest brackets

Im not actually sure which one of the 92384723 brackets is the real one

LiveWire

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=22854910&postcount=340

The OFFICIAL tourney brackets.

TOURNEY A:
fmt @ livewire
somnia @ wellington
dm @ coldblooded
miguel @ nightz
eznark @ bigat
crow @ rors
airbrian @ denogg
dcx @ sanjuro

TOURNEY A QUARTERFINALS:

Wellington@LiveWire
????@Nightz
BigAT@Rors
Denogg@????

Tourney B:
somnia @ rors
lonestar @ ramirez
kaveman @ daw
goldlion @ fmt
gcq @ smokey
coldblooded @ birdman
wellington @ dm
lamerz @ matrix

TOURNEY B QUARTERFINALS:

Rors@Ramirez
Goldlion@Daw
Smokey@CB
Matrix@Wellington

Rorschach

LiveWire said:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=22854910&postcount=340

The OFFICIAL tourney brackets.

TOURNEY A:
fmt @ livewire
somnia @ wellington
dm @ coldblooded
miguel @ nightz
eznark @ bigat
crow @ rors
airbrian @ denogg
dcx @ sanjuro

TOURNEY A QUARTERFINALS:

Wellington@LiveWire
????@Nightz
BigAT@Rors
Denogg@????

Tourney B:
somnia @ rors
lonestar @ ramirez
kaveman @ daw
goldlion @ fmt
gcq @ smokey
coldblooded @ birdman
wellington @ dm
lamerz @ matrix

TOURNEY B QUARTERFINALS:

Rors@Ramirez
Goldlion@Daw
Smokey@CB
Matrix@Wellington
I beat Ram and AT

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
CK beat me already.

daw840

goldlion054 said:
good, i'll be on and we can play at Arrowhead?

That works for me! I played an away game last time

edit: Are we gonna go 61-58 again? I played some random and ran 3 kicks back for TDs in a row. All in the 1st quarter!:lol :lol

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
By the way any offensive stats FMT puts up against the Rams this year shouldnt count. Their defense reminds me of when you used to be able to pick NFL Europe teams in madden and just blow them out with real NFL teams

GG daw, i thought i was gonna pick that with Delmas, but your receiver teleported to the ball and was off. Lots of mistakes by me and you capitalized like a god damned champ. Really enjoyable game, minus that ending and the second kick return, haha

Gold@Daw

daw840

A little recap here. Bear with me, I am no good at these. Started off the game, Lions got first possession and made the Chiefs D look like a bunch of little bitches and scored a TD. No problem, Jamal Charles does his signature returnmostkickoffsforTDs and the score is tied! Lions get it back and promptly score again. Gold then decides to squib kick it. Probably a good idea. Chris Chambers makes an 18 yard reception and promptly fumbles the ball and the Lions not only recover but run it back for a TD. Now it's 21-7 and I am downtrodden. I scored a few times, at the end of the half its 21-21 Chiefs ball to start the half. Charles promptly runs this one back for a TD (see a pattern here?) Now its 28-21. I am honestly a little fuzzy on what happens next, but it comes down to it being 31-28 with 2 minutes left in the game and the Lions with the ball. He struggles moving down the field, then throws a deep post route with myself covering with Berry in a deep zone. Right as the ball flew over the head of the receiver (he was never going to catch it) I hitstick the fuck out of the receiver. I get fucking called for the 1st pass interference penalty I have EVER seen (I think) in Madden 10 or 11. So now, with 30 seconds left I just handed the fucking ball to him at the 15 yard line. Well within easy FG range. He runs 3 passes trying to get into the endzone, all of them incomplete. Although, one of them SHOULD have been an INT and the win (fucking stonehand defenders, grr). He kicks the FG and ties the game. Squib kicks to me and I get the ball on my own 34 yard line with 8 seconds left. Then a gift from the Madden gods happened. I ran a deep post with the slot receiver and a shallow post with the #1 receiver on the same side. I launched up a prayer to the unknown guy in the slot (Copper? IDK, someone I have never heard of) and HE FUCKING CATCHES IT! The deep safety MISSES the tackle and lets my receiver in for the TD and the win!!

edit: Forgot the most important part of this post. G(motherfuckin)G Gold

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
TOURNEY A QUARTERFINALS:

Wellington
@LiveWire
CB@Nightz
BigAT@Rors
Denogg@????

TOURNEY B QUARTERFINALS:

Rors@Ramirez
Goldlion@Daw
Smokey@CB
Matrix@Wellington

Three more games and I'm in the finals versus myself!

LiveWire

Wellington said:

Nice commentary. Looking at it again, I recall that I hotrouted Galloway to a short out route and Thomas to a go route. Phillips lets Thomas go, Webster turns to follow Galloway (whose original route in that playcall I believe was a go route or deep corner), and Johnson is eyeing Portis all the way. And I believe the left side of the field was also a deep route on the inside receiver which caused the safety to be late to the ball (but still miraculously make the deflection :p ).

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
DMczaf said:
KR TD costs me a game again. At least I lowered my average by only giving up 1!

Progress!

:lol :lol

DCX

DCX
Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
Before I'm murdered by DCX...I beat him 24-21.

*runs*
I'm at peace with this, the pats are bitches..everyone breaks tackles and mighty morphing power ints in the endzone. This shit will be squashed patch one. Sanjuru Voodoo, beware of him. He has the Wellington, woo is me on lock.

30 seconds..80 yards...smh, needed a TD...whatev

DCX

Sanjuro

DCX said:
I'm at peace with this, the pats are bitches..everyone breaks tackles and mighty morphing power ints in the endzone. This shit will be squashed patch one. Sanjuru Voodoo, beware of him. He has the Wellington, woo is me on lock.

DCX
Wait, what!? I didn't break any tackles, I'm terrible at that. You had a few leaps over my defenders that I never could do. This was honestly my first victory in the game. The only thing I did was play a very very conservative game up until that final drive where I needed a score.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/31289896
http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/31290026
http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/31290290
http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/31290369

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
DCX said:

DCX
QnkAj.jpg

?

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Wellington said:
TOURNEY A QUARTERFINALS:

Wellington
@LiveWire
CB@Nightz
BigAT@Rors
Denogg@????

TOURNEY B QUARTERFINALS:

Rors@Ramirez
Goldlion@Daw
Smokey@CB
Matrix@Wellington

Three more games and I'm in the finals versus myself!
I move on against CB in tourney A.

He moves on against me in tourney B.

Top Bottom