• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox 360 Madden '11 Pre-season tournament: Because we need something to do

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
DCX said:
doesn't matter, Air called them..tough titays.

DCX

FMT shouldn't have posted what he did in his OP. He wants people using their league teams. Clearly FMT doesn't understand his own rules and let Mig have the Texans.

I created new rules since this is make up bs as we go along, VET STATUS is back ! Texans are mine and Bob gets the Bears.... tough titays!

Rorschach

Matrix said:
FMT shouldn't have posted what he did in his OP. He wants people using their league teams. Clearly FMT doesn't understand his own rules and let Mig have them.

I created new rules since this is make up bs as we go along, VET STATUS is back ! Texans are mine and Bob gets the Bears.... tough titays!
There's a difference between preference and mandate.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Rorschach said:
There's a difference between preference and mandate.

not in my world, wanna fight?

Matrix

Rorschach

Matrix said:
not in my world, wanna fight?
ZhWvO.gif

i thought about this walking to my car today. You have it scheduled as a round robin tournament. if we get the full 32, thats a helluva lot of games. So maybe you break it into 2 division, 15 games per person per division. It would look like this:

AFC East vs. AFC West vs. NFC North Vs. NFC South

and

AFC North Vs. AFC South Vs. NFC East vs. NFC West

you take the top 4 point grabbers from each side (1 point per win, 0 per loss) and make seeding based on that for a single elimination 8 man tournament.

so the top point grabber in the first division plays the 4th place point grabber in the second division. so on and so forth until we have a winner.

Thoughts or comments?

daw840

goldlion054 said:
i thought about this walking to my car today. You have it scheduled as a round robin tournament. if we get the full 32, thats a helluva lot of games. So maybe you break it into 2 division, 15 games per person per division. It would look like this:

and

you take the top 4 point grabbers from each side (1 point per win, 0 per loss) and make seeding based on that for a single elimination 8 man tournament.

so the top point grabber in the first division plays the 4th place point grabber in the second division. so on and so forth until we have a winner.

Thoughts or comments?

Wow...my head kind of hurts now.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
goldlion054 said:

and

Thoughts or comments?

You must have a long walk to your car.

Rorschach

goldlion054 said:

and

Thoughts or comments?
This is a bracket tournament. Round robin would be crazy.

:lol

I'm just to cheap to pay for parking on campus, so i park a ways a way and walk to class

and it says round robin in the OP, hence where i came up with the idea

Rorschach

goldlion054 said:
:lol

I'm just to cheap to pay for parking on campus, so i park a ways a way and walk to class

and it says round robin in the OP, hence where i came up with the idea
Holy shit... I missed that. That'll take 9 months!

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Before we start, why don't we designate dates and times for each round and ask people to finish their game by the following morning? If someone sees they may have a problem with one of the dates, they can opt.

I'm in, why can't more than one person use the same team? Not seeing why it matters and would solve martixs dilemna. Plus then I can get practice with the skins in case I get them in the franchise.

Anyways if its a no no just give me some random team that's left

Rorschach

1. FMT - 49ers
2. dmczaf - Bucs
3. rors - Raiders
4. cb - eagles
5. somnia - dallas dez bryants
6. nightz - chargers
7. ramirez - steelers
8. miguel - texans
9. crow - tribows
10. Matrix - Tits/Ravens
11. Denogg - jets
12. BigAT - GBP
13. GCQ - Panthers
14. Birdman - Saints
15. Livewire - Skins
16. Sanjuro - Pats
17. Eznark - Dolphins?
18. Kave_man - Browns
19. Gold - Lions
20. Wellington - Gmen
21. AirBrian - Da Bers
22. Daw- Chefs
23. DCX - Falcons
24. Lonestar - ???
25. Lamerz - ???
26. Smokey - Rams

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
FrenchMovieTheme said:
We start tonight with 24 or 32, whichever we have

Like I said earlier, I'll be in if you need help getting to an even number for whatever bracket size you are aiming for.

well, anything but 16/30/32 doesn't work out with our format because eventually you get down to odd #'s and i dont feel like dealing with byes, so i split it into 2 tourneys of 16 (overlapping people who i know will play in both).

the winners of each tourney will play for the ultimate championship! unless one of the overlappers wins both.... then he must be acknowledged as the king of madden! matchups will be in the original post in about 5 minutes after i draw names from a hat on the matchups!

Mrbob

I got da Bears in the league so AirBrian can use them here. :D

Plus I'd rather play SC2 than waste precious strategy time in a Madden tourney right now. :p After seeing BIGAT online draft I'm tanking season 1 anyway. Sexy picks!

Matrix you are fighting your own battle here!

go play!

Tourney A:

fmt @ livewire
somnia @ wellington
coldblooded @ birdman
miguel @ nightz
eznark @ bigat
crow @ rors
airbrian @ denogg
dcx @ sanjuro

Tourney B:
somnia @ rors
lonestar @ ramirez
kaveman @ daw
goldlion @ fmt
gcq @ smokey
dm @ coldblooded
wellington @ dm
lamerz @ matrix

Matrix

Who the heck is that? no offense

F U BOOBS

Matrix

I have no idea who that is I'm playing and as far as I know that person doesn't have a team.

I forfeit due to fmt's lack of info.

Matrix

I still feel like I'm playing some random person outside of GAF, no offense to the guy, but someone who pops up out of the blue and has posted a total of 87 times since 06 just makes me go "huh?" Also does he know all of our rules?

Again you have no team listed next to his name, who is he in control of?

Somnia

Wellie look for me on AIM tonight. If I'm off I'm in bed! (long day tomorrow) however if not tonight I am free tomorrow after 1030ish pm cst and anytime sunday/monday.

Matrix

I'm not playing my game and it has nothing to do with the new guy. I can't play this game with the control scheme it has now and I don't want to waste my time.

Just give him the W or something... id rather play NCAA.

Smokey

Matrix said:
I'm not playing my game and it has nothing to do with the new guy. I can't play this game with the control scheme it has now and I don't want to waste my time.

Just give him the W or something... id rather play NCAA.

:(

Top Bottom