• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox 360 Madden '11 Pre-season tournament: Because we need something to do

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
GG Birdman. 21-16 Eagles. Had to get revenge for when you ended my perfect season :(

Birdman02

CB3 said:
GG Birdman. 21-16 Eagles. Had to get revenge for when you ended my perfect season :(

GG man. Reggie Bush is really gonna piss me off this year. Every game I've played with the Saints, he either fumbles or gets hurt. It's not like I'm over-using him either. He's only getting a handful of touches per gaeme.

BigAT

Eznark, let me know if you're available to play tonight. I have a wedding this weekend and I probably won't be around until Monday. I could also play early tomorrow, but it would have to be like 10 AM EST or earlier.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
everyone gets hurt this year. i guess its good that the draft has a ton of good players cause i can only imagine how many guys are gonna end up injured for long periods of time.

Rorschach

GG Crow.

Raiders 21
Broncos 7

TheCrow said:
GG Rors. I need to find a playbook I like. Only 3 I-Form formations and too much shotgun in the Broncos playbook. :(
I hear ya. Not enough SB this year in any playbook.

Ramirez

Rorschach said:
GG Crow.

Raiders 21
Broncos 7

I hear ya. Not enough SB this year in any playbook.

I'm assuming SB means single back, the Steelers playbook has about 7 formations of SB.

I can maybe play in about an hour Lone if you're up then.

Miguel

Smokey said:
Matrix and miggy are some snakes

I want in don't care which team, ill take any one that is left.
:lol You get to play them in the league, let me at least have them for the tourney :lol

Rorschach

Ramirez said:
I'm assuming SB means single back, the Steelers playbook has about 7 formations of SB.

I can maybe play in about an hour Lone if you're up then.
But how many of those formations only have like 2 pages? I saw some with a lot of single back, but then half of them were end-arounds. Useless!

I'll try the Steelers one tonight.

Ramirez

Rorschach said:
But how many of those formations only have like 2 pages? I saw some with a lot of single back, but then half of them were end-arounds. Useless!

I'll try the Steelers one tonight.

Each formation has about 4-5 runs, the bunch formation is the only one that has any end arounds to my knowledge.

I was bummed that they took out the Strong I and regular I Formation from the playbook, the Strong I close or whatever it is isn't very useful, WRs just bunch up and run into each other. :|

Nightz

Sent you a friend invite. Gonna finish the Padres-Giants game, but go ahead and send me a game invite. I have Madden on.

Miguel

Nightz said:
Sent you a friend invite. Gonna finish the Padres-Giants game, but go ahead and send me a game invite. I have Madden on.
It says you're playing against the Texans in the 1st quarter...WTF? :lol

Edit: You're the "home team". Send me the invite when you're ready.

Miguel

Castillo rubs it in with a last second sack.

...and rubs it in more with a "haters gonna hate" walk :lol

Good game Nightz... my luck ran out tonight. I couldn't get anything going with Tate, who was wrecking shit w/ FMT and Matrix. Slaton comes in and gets like 5 carries for 40 yards then the wiiiiiiiiiide open TD to Jacoby Jones. Other than that, my Offense was completely inept

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
You didn't do shit with Tate against me cause you didn't use Tate against me, go to sleep Mig :lol

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Miguel said:
I meant FMT. I dream I play against you w/ the Texans. Inception!

:lol

Hey you could have, I gave you the opening by picking the Titans first.

Miguel

Matrix said:

Hey you could have, I gave you the opening by picking the Titans first.
I only want the Texans when you want them :D

I'm the kid that wants to play w/ a toy he hasn't used in 2 years because some wants to use it.

i can't understand how you are missing extra points. i have had lag cause the meter to go ALL the way back on the left and i still make the xp :lol

just hit A, hit A again near the top of the meter, then hit A once more close to the target once it gets back

Nightz

Miguel said:
Castillo rubs it in with a last second sack.

...and rubs it in more with a "haters gonna hate" walk :lol

Good game Nightz... my luck ran out tonight. I couldn't get anything going with Tate, who was wrecking shit w/ FMT and Matrix. Slaton comes in and gets like 5 carries for 40 yards then the wiiiiiiiiiide open TD to Jacoby Jones. Other than that, my Offense was completely inept
:lol @ Castillo. When I saw that I was like "Way to rub it in. I just hope you play like that in real life!"

GG dude. Ryan Mathews is a MAN. :lol You just had a few bad breaks. =\

That was actually my first online All-Madden game, and it was much better than playing against the super cheap CPU. I had Auto Strafe turned off and I didn't seem to have any issues on defense, so I guess the setting does carry over into online. Or maybe I was just sleepy and imagined stuff. Need to test it more.

Edit: Screw the kick meter! 2 missed XP's. :(

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i can't understand how you are missing extra points. i have had lag cause the meter to go ALL the way back on the left and i still make the xp :lol
I have Nate Kaeding.

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:

just hit A, hit A again near the top of the meter, then hit A once more close to the target once it gets back
We don't all have high ACC kickers that erase mistakes.

Man, that game was shitty. I was trying to get plays where the OL completely just goes into retard mode, but all of them say "there is no replay for this play." Conspiracy!

Rorschach said:
We don't all have high ACC kickers that erase mistakes.

Man, that game was shitty. I was trying to get plays where the OL completely just goes into retard mode, but all of them say "there is no replay for this play." Conspiracy!

i guess nedney does have a high ACC. i guess that will stop the 3rd round picks on kickers with a 99 kpw and 31 acc

Rorschach

GG Ram

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i guess nedney does have a high ACC. i guess that will stop the 3rd round picks on kickers with a 99 kpw and 31 acc
:lol Don't try to make laggy kick meter some kind of feature.

Nightz

Results so far:

Tourney A:

fmt @ livewire
somnia @ wellington
coldblooded @ birdman
miguel @ nightz
eznark @ bigat
crow @ rors
airbrian @ denogg
dcx @ sanjuro

Tourney B:
somnia @ rors
lonestar @ ramirez
kaveman @ daw
goldlion @ fmt
gcq @ smokey
dm @ coldblooded
wellington @ dm
lamerz @ matrix

Winners in bold. And I just noticed DM is in Tourney B twice, once against CB and once against Wellie.

DMczaf

FrenchMovieTheme said:
lets roll, i have a company picnic in about an hour and a half so lets make your ass beating of me quick!

I swear you have company picnics and vacations every other week.

Do you actually work!?

DCX

DCX
Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
Sorry DCX, friend is back in town. I should be able to Sunday or Monday night probably. Ill keep you updated.
let me know friend...i'm home all day til later tonight, then i will be all night. Tomorrow as well.

DCX

Christ, my Walmart internet strikes again. I shouldn't have won that game, but i guess its in the game. I'm moving Monday morning, so my internet shouldn't be nearly as bad.

gg FMT

Lions (Gold): 28
49ers (FMT): 21

goldlion054 said:
Christ, my Walmart internet strikes again. I shouldn't have won that game, but i guess its in the game. I'm moving Monday morning, so my internet shouldn't be nearly as bad.

gg FMT

yeah gg. i missed 3 or 4 XP's and 3 FG's.... but i did make 1 FG from 48 yards! wtf!?

Top Bottom