• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Game Pass General Discussion

Bridges

I'm very excited to see For Honor's online get a boost in players. I only recently realized how great it was but sometimes finding a game can take longer than you'd hope.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Hopefully there are surprises, kind of a weak month otherwise.
Thinking there will be a mother load at e3 (like 50 games). In the last they’ve announced entire franchises joining like Yakuza so fingers crossed we get some bangers.

bender

What time is it?
Thinking there will be a mother load at e3 (like 50 games). In the last they’ve announced entire franchises joining like Yakuza so fingers crossed we get some bangers.

I just want a co-op game to hold over until The Ascent and Dark Alliance. My buddy and I finished Outriders and fell off of that Zombie Army game pretty quickly.

Chukhopops

what?

is that a yes or no lol

edit: nevermind someone else answered it already
If you want more details and graphs there is this Reddit post:

(I made the post so it’s accurate as of a month ago)

As for why their marketing keeps saying “over 100 games”, it’s always been a mystery to me since it hasn’t been true in years. A guy once said that they want to keep the messaging consistent and not have people find different answers (so you’d look it up on Google and see one link with 100, one link with 200, etc.) and that’s why they keep the same message, don’t know if it’s true.

Kev Kev

If you want more details and graphs there is this Reddit post:

(I made the post so it’s accurate as of a month ago)

As for why their marketing keeps saying “over 100 games”, it’s always been a mystery to me since it hasn’t been true in years. A guy once said that they want to keep the messaging consistent and not have people find different answers (so you’d look it up on Google and see one link with 100, one link with 200, etc.) and that’s why they keep the same message, don’t know if it’s true.

nice work!

yeah i dont know anything about marketing/advertising but from my personal experience just now, saying 100+ games doesnt sound nearly as enticing as the 350+ that they have. im super tempted to buy a month right now and play some doom 64 and other games that i never got around to over the years. from that perspective it seems incredibly dumb that they are havent changed there marketing to reflect that they have over three times the games they used to

Bridges

I've noticed there are still a lot of games by studios Microsoft owns that have not made it to Gamepass yet. Specifically with Double Fine, games like Stacking and Massive Chalice are playable on XB1/Series X but aren't a part of the service. I think Stacking was even a GwG recently (Massive Chalice was also GwG way before GP was a thing). I wonder if they are purposelly holding some of these games back to pad later months that might not have as many heavy hitters, or if there is some licensing reason that some of the titles can't be added.

Doncabesa

I've noticed there are still a lot of games by studios Microsoft owns that have not made it to Gamepass yet. Specifically with Double Fine, games like Stacking and Massive Chalice are playable on XB1/Series X but aren't a part of the service. I think Stacking was even a GwG recently (Massive Chalice was also GwG way before GP was a thing). I wonder if they are purposelly holding some of these games back to pad later months that might not have as many heavy hitters, or if there is some licensing reason that some of the titles can't be added.
If they weren't self-published then you have to go and negotiate with whoever did.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

That’s according to Games Beat journalist Jeff Grubb, who commented on a recent XboxEra podcast that he’d heard that Microsoft had secured the title for its subscription service.

“I think that’s a Game Pass day one game, is what I heard,” Grubb said of Scarlet Nexus. “The thing about Game Pass day one deals, especially for anything that’s relatively big, those deals get made very, very late.

“The Outriders deal probably got made a couple of weeks before we heard about it, maybe even a week before we heard about it… and we heard about it, what, a month before it came out? Or a couple of weeks before it came out.

“So that’s how close to the end that they cut it, and I think it’s just because everyone wants to fully understand their metrics before they commit anything to paper and say, ‘yeah, we’re going to do this’.

“Scarlet Nexus might be on the tier down where it’s like, Microsoft is probably going to give you quite a bit of money to get this cool anime game that people seem to like, and it’s probably more than you’ll get otherwise, and you’re still going to get sales because we see that these games till sell.

“So I think they might have secured this one, yeah.”

Bridges

Kinda bummed all those rumors of Battlefield being day one on Game Pass ended up being false, that would've been a really great get. The new one sounds very promising, but a little content-light for $70

Banjo64

cumsessed
Kinda bummed all those rumors of Battlefield being day one on Game Pass ended up being false, that would've been a really great get. The new one sounds very promising, but a little content-light for $70
How do we know? Showing more on Xbox’s E3 they have said.

I suppose we don't know definitively, but they said that EA Play/GPU subscribers would get a 10-hour trial + pre-order discount, which seems to imply that it won't be on Gamepass (wouldn't need a trial if the whole game is included)

I noticed that was mentioned in the punch card they added to the rewards app as well. Signs definitely point to a no go on this one. Unless it's all part of sinister plot to throw us off the trail. :messenger_beaming:

Banjo64

cumsessed
I’ve tried descenders here and there a few times but thought it was jank. Watched the new enhanced trailer and was amazed by the skill and flips, played it seriously for a few days now and I’m pretty amazed. Game reminds me of classic Tony Hawks games, so much fun and the physics are brilliant.

Chukhopops

If you haven’t played it, Yakuza LAD is a fantastic JRPG with some of the best story, voice acting and characters in recent years.

Death of the Outsider is also excellent.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Microsoft’s four games are the ones that interest me for 2021, I’m not that bothered by the rest on there.

Flight Simulator, Psychonauts 2, Forza Horizon 5 and Halo; I would have bought them all under normal circumstances. Those 4 alone make this year good value for me.

The variety as well is fantastic; a sim, an open world racer, a 3D action platformer game and an FPS. Lit 🔥

b0uncyfr0

Am I right in thinking that GP ultimate is the only way to use game pass on PC and Console? Also regarding game share - does it stop working if the other person's console is turned off?

Also where are people getting good deals on the 1 year or 6-month ultimate access...? Thanks.

MOTM

Banned

MS seem to have officially made 3rd party releases day one on Gamepass a thing. I have a Series X and a PS4 so I’m covered for Gamepass plus any foreseeable Sony exclusives. However I don’t imagine having to pay 70 bucks in a world where GP exists.

Top Bottom