• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Backwards Compatible lOT2l: Who would want to play these games?

Zeta Oni

Teases? First I've heard of this. All I found on that is this old article from 2 years ago.

https://aotf.com/news/rumor-updated-xbox-one-backwards-compatibility-game-list-revealed/

Got any sources of your own? I'd love for it to be true that this point

I need Dead or Alive 4, I (possibly) need Ninja Gaiden
I've never played a Ninja Gaiden game

I need everything, but I need this the most

The second one sucks and I don't like the 3rd one because the old models are better.

There was a "leak" (baseless rumor) for MS's E3 2017 on I believe 4chan that mentioned Ninja Gaiden 3 and a partnership with capcom Vancouver to release their rumored "knights of aegis" game.

Now we all know it turned out BS, but I will say I found something interesting that's probably a random coincidence:

The rumor mentioned a sea of thieves presentation that involved exploring an island's caverns for treasure and ending with a face off against a Kraken.

Now in the presentation from E3, they do in fact go exploring for treasure in some tunnels on an island, but the demo ends with the player getting eaten by a shark after a rather cinematic shot of a ship on top of a wave with weather effects in the background.

The odd part? While they are in the tunnels, there's a giant sign showing a warning for a Kraken in there with them.

So for all of 2 minutes during E3 I thought "well there might be a chance..." Lol.

fixed :)

I wish the BC program had some more of the JRPGs that have been locked to last gen, it would help ease the pain of the Xbox One having essentially no Japanese support.

;)

I agree, it would definitely be a positive, especially since a lot of franchises last gen no longer have any plans to be worked on.

Doubt the situation will change, but a bone would be nice.

There was a "leak" (baseless rumor) for MS's E3 2017 on I believe 4chan that mentioned Ninja Gaiden 3 and a partnership with capcom Vancouver to release their rumored "knights of aegis" game.

Now we all know it turned out BS, but I will say I found something interesting that's probably a random coincidence:

The rumor mentioned a sea of thieves presentation that involved exploring an island's caverns for treasure and ending with a face off against a Kraken.

Now in the presentation from E3, they do in fact go exploring for treasure in some tunnels on an island, but the demo ends with the player getting eaten by a shark after a rather cinematic shot of a ship on top of a wave with weather effects in the background.

The odd part? While they are in the tunnels, there's a giant sign showing a warning for a Kraken in there with them.

So for all of 2 minutes during E3 I thought "well there might be a chance..." Lol.

Darn :( Sounds like too much of a coincidence to be honest, too many misses rather than hits.

Still, I do want to believe we'll get some information, but probably next year.

W.S.

fixed :)

I wish the BC program had some more of the JRPGs that have been locked to last gen, it would help ease the pain of the Xbox One having essentially no Japanese support.

Yeah I really want them to make Vesperia, Last Remnant, & Infinite Undiscovery available already.

dreamfall

I'm happy to have VF5 and SC2 Remastered. I've gotten almost all of my Rockstar collection BC and that makes me happy. Still holding out for Crackdown, Ninja Gaiden Black, and Tales of Vesperia.

Side note- does anyone else feel like the framepacing in GTA IV just feels really off? It's great to use the XBO controller and those triggers for driving, but it feels like the framerate lurches all over the place.

amdb00mer

I'm happy to have VF5 and SC2 Remastered. I've gotten almost all of my Rockstar collection BC and that makes me happy. Still holding out for Crackdown, Ninja Gaiden Black, and Tales of Vesperia.

Side note- does anyone else feel like the framepacing in GTA IV just feels really off? It's great to use the XBO controller and those triggers for driving, but it feels like the framerate lurches all over the place.

It is off, but was supposed to be partially fixed with an update months ago. DF did a video on it.

NeoFaff

So I'm sure this has already been discussed a lot but realistically can we expect the overclocked X1X CPU to fix the issues with BC games that don't run properly?

Bought Vanquish cus you never know..for 5 bucks why not.

I had the disc but a digital version I can potentially play on the Xbox One was worth the upgrade. More than likely it's going to end up on my pile of "it's cheap maybe one day" pile of digital games I've brought in the past 2 years.

Later Gears of War games and Dark Souls run 5-10fps worse than 360 on my One S. Those are the ones I've played so far. I read Halo Reach was unplayable - was that fixed?

Gears and Halo Reach have been superior on Xbox One for like... ages now. I don't think there are any BC games that aren't considered at least on par with 360 in terms of performance anymore.

Atlas157

Later Gears of War games and Dark Souls run 5-10fps worse than 360 on my One S. Those are the ones I've played so far. I read Halo Reach was unplayable - was that fixed?

Dark Souls is worse? It's been a while since I played it on 360 but performance seems the same on BC.

Just noticed that Geometry Wars 2 just installed a 427MB update. Wonder what for...

Unless everything else starts getting updates like the June update that hit literally every title last summer, it's likely just a minor update to address minor bugs or largely negligible performance issues.

horkrux

Gears and Halo Reach have been superior on Xbox One for like... ages now. I don't think there are any BC games that aren't considered at least on par with 360 in terms of performance anymore.

Gears 2 definitely ran worse when I played it. Or maybe it was just the input lag that gave me nausea. Did they fix that in the last few months?

They need to come back swinging this week with some great titles. It's been so quiet lately...

At this point I am convinced that no OG Xbox games will drop until the Xbox One X comes out. Microsoft is hard-up for selling points this holiday season and that will give them a free bump in enthusiast circles when it happens. As for the 360 drought I think they are just running into more games where publishers aren't interested, ownership of the IP is now murky or licensing bullshit with music. All of the easy wins are gone at this point for 360 backwards compatibility.

speedomodel

At this point I am convinced that no OG Xbox games will drop until the Xbox One X comes out. Microsoft is hard-up for selling points this holiday season and that will give them a free bump in enthusiast circles when it happens. As for the 360 drought I think they are just running into more games where publishers aren't interested, ownership of the IP is now murky or licensing bullshit with music. All of the easy wins are gone at this point for 360 backwards compatibility.

I actually don't really care about OG games now. Would love for the 360 list to expand.

I mean publishers with commitment on the platform (EA, Ubisoft) have a lot of stuff out there still. Stuff like the last two Medal of Honor games seem like no brainers to me, shocked we're still waiting on these.

Jawmuncher

Grabbed the trial for game pass to try out mainly backwards compatible games. Started with Virtua Fighter 5 and it's some good shit. Still able to find some matches too.

Unless everything else starts getting updates like the June update that hit literally every title last summer, it's likely just a minor update to address minor bugs or largely negligible performance issues.

This is beside(s?) the point, but I would love a 4k X1X version of Geometry Wars. I'd imagine it would have zero issue running a game like that.

Jrs3000

It would be great if armored core is BC today. It's on sale for $5. I haven't had my mecha fix in a long time and the Gundam VS games suck to me.

compo

Banned
When are new BC games announced? Is it Tuesdays and Thursdays?

I'm hoping for more Street Fighter, btw. I bought Third Strike when it was on sale last week in anticipation that it will eventually go BC.

MauroNL

When are new BC games announced? Is it Tuesdays and Thursdays?

I'm hoping for more Street Fighter, btw. I bought Third Strike when it was on sale last week in anticipation that it will eventually go BC.
In about 1 hour usually. Haven't been any new games in a few weeks so hopefully the drought ends today.

compo

Banned
In about 1 hour usually. Haven't been any new games in a few weeks so hopefully the drought ends today.

Ok, cool. I'll have to mark this time on my calendar. I've noticed that there hasn't been a new BC game in a while, too. It's a little disappointing.

Top Bottom