• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One BC |OT| "Fortunately, we have a product for people who don't own a 360"

Is Doom and Doom 2 up on it yet? Says it is on Official Xbox website and bought them (I'm at work)

£7 all together... £7 more than when I originally played it (Thanks shareware!)

mclem

But I think I'm right in saying you have to have a credit card attached to your account to buy them off the website....and as I don't have a 360 any more (and am unwilling to add my credit card) sadly I won't get the extra games :(

A Paypal account is sufficient to do that.

nicanica

Guys I own Streets of Rage 2 for the 360, but it's not showing up for download on my xbox one.

What do?

edit: nvm. Nothing It's only SoR thats BC

Guys I own Streets of Rage 2 for the 360, but it's not showing up for download on my xbox one.

What do?
Do you own the standalone SOR2? It's only the SOR Collection that's added as a BC title. They're two titles with each their sets of achievements, I guess they skipped that standalone version which released a while before the collection.

Is Doom and Doom 2 up on it yet? Says it is on Official Xbox website and bought them (I'm at work)

£7 all together... £7 more than when I originally played it (Thanks shareware!)

they are up, my copy of doom 2 was available to install yesterday. I own doom 1 but I think it's on an old live account I need to dig up.

Do you own the standalone SOR2? It's only the SOR Collection that's added as a BC title. They're two titles with each their sets of achievements, I guess they skipped that standalone version which released a while before the collection.

The 3 pack collection stuff should appear, the backbone abominations are not (apart from the sonic series, those are available)

Catdaddy

I’m in that group that never owned a 360, so looking forward to playing some of the exclusives. It’s not like I already have a backlog that would take a year to knock out.

Somnia

I asked Ybarra about the MS Wallet issue with xbox.com... I hope they have plans of adding 360 games to the xbox one store sooner than later.

Zeus7

Ye seems to be that way, luckily I kept my old headset when I upgraded to the 1tb version. Although with the new controllers they at least have a standard 3.5mm port.

I wish I had kept my old headset also! I'm not too happy about getting a lower quality headset, I will try my Beats headphones and see if they work OK.

HUELEN10

It was a lousy port but don't seem to remember the framerate as much of an issue. Just everything else.

--

edit, just tried it on both consoles. The framerate does seem to be worse going downhill at the beginning of the game, and on the way to the helipad in particular.
Thank you. I had a feeling I wasn't imagining it.

Haha no worries!

I'm not like mad, just would have been nice if I would have been asked beforehand to basically use all my work. The answer of course would have been, sure, go ahead...but like the courtesy of a heads up would have been nice.

On the plus side, I guess the pressure of keeping the OP updated is not longer mine :shrug:

:p

I can see where you're coming from...but anyway I think it's all sorted now.

I've always been intrigued on who sets up OT's on Neogaf, and how it gets organised.

I imagine a smoke filled room full of pensive thread makers...then as a new game/topic comes in, "the godfather", sitting behind a big mahogany desk, just gently nods at a hopeful and they run off to make the OT a.s.a.p.

If it's not very good then they are mysteriously never seen (or spoken of) again....

That's how I hope it works anyway!

sangreal

I can see where you're coming from...but anyway I think it's all sorted now.

I've always been intrigued on who sets up OT's on Neogaf, and how it gets organised.

I imagine a smoke filled room full of pensive thread makers...then as a new game/topic comes in, "the godfather", sitting behind a big mahogany desk, just gently nods at a hopeful and they run off to make the OT a.s.a.p.

If it's not very good then they are mysteriously never seen (or spoken of) again....

That's how I hope it works anyway!
pretty much

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=450653

kuYuri

Good to know Borderlands 1 gives you all the DLC.

I mentioned this in the other thread, but apparently Fable II Platinum Hits does not give you access to all the DLC, it seems to only be the base game.

Hope it gets fixed eventually.

chris121580

Is there any chance they'll add a store for BC games? If I want to buy a digital game, I need to it through my 360 first, correct?

muzzymate

Is there any chance they'll add a store for BC games? If I want to buy a digital game, I need to it through my 360 first, correct?

Or on the web at Marketplace.Xbox.Com.

They said that ordering Xbox 360 thru the Xbox One store is on the roadmap. Something to do with 360 -> One entitlements were developed (for like Dance Central DLC), but the infrastructure for One -> 360 entitlements needs to be developed. That's so if you buy it thru the One store, you could download and play it on an actual 360.

Edit: That's also probably why it states "Bundle Only" when you look at it currently on Store.Xbox.Com or on the Xbox One store. It's a bundle of the Xbox 360 downloadable and the Xbox One downloadable.

Syriel

But does it work? I have not heard of someone being able to play it as of yet.

Fable III did boot up when I downloaded it yesterday, but only when the console was offline. When online it wanted an update. Now I believe it has been removed from the store so it cannot be downloaded.

maybe the wrong thread for this - but does anyone know how you get the 360 GWG on your XB1? I've gone to the website - but it won't let me 'buy' Dirt 3 without a credit card on file...?

But I think I'm right in saying you have to have a credit card attached to your account to buy them off the website....and as I don't have a 360 any more (and am unwilling to add my credit card) sadly I won't get the extra games :(

You need a payment method (CC or PayPal) to use the web store for 360 games. No reason not to put a CC on there.

I have just bought an Xbox One for the BC and Fallout 4 but it seems to have came with an old 360 style headset? Is this normal these days? I loved the Original One headset.

Yeah, after complaints MS switched to the standard jack.

Anyone know or tried the Sega mega drive ultimate collection. I see the vintage collection is supported but don't know if the disk one is

Nope. The collection disc is not supported.

RoKKeR

Just fired up AC2, working really nicely right now. And damn, I forgot how good this game was. Don't have my cloud saves so I'm starting fresh.

TheKeyPit

Banned
I have a bunch of XBLA compilation discs and the results on getting them to be recognized has been mixed.

Xbox Live Arcade Compilation Disc - Recognized
Feeding Frenzy
Pac-Man Championship Edition

Damn, I tried mine earlier today and the console didn't recognize it :/

I had a quick go at it last night, seemed to run ok from the brief spell I played

I caused some chaos in a small town and got into a fighter jet moving across the map. Everything seemed to run fine.

Asked in the other thread but

Is there a trick for downloaing dirt 3 without a CC, and how do you d/l straight from your x1. when i search for the game it just says it isn't there or something

JaggedSac

Anyone else own Banjo N&B from Rare Replay and still see another version of it to download in the Ready to Install section?

Ein Bear

It's really cool how Microsoft got compilation discs working, along with stuff like GOTY discs downloading the DLC.

Feel like they really went above and beyond with this feature, I never really expected stuff like that to work properly. Fable 2 is downloadable for me from when I bought 'Fable Trilogy' on 360, which was it's own weird app thing (that I could never get to work) rather than the three separate games. Honestly never thought that would be recognised.

crpav

Question on size of emulator and requirements needed on the internal storage. Last night I queued up games and one was Hexic HD. I installed it to my external but to launch it it said I needed at least 4 GB on my internal so I cleared off some games I will just install to my external.

Is this needed for every game or is it a one time thing for the emulator?

Chris1

Is there a trick for downloaing dirt 3 without a CC, and how do you d/l straight from your x1. when i search for the game it just says it isn't there or something

Buy it off marketplace.xbox.com website the 360 games aren't yet available on the xbox one store

Eos

Yeah that needs to be removed from the OP. I read the OP thread before he did the update and just now and loved how the OP cleaned it up and added a bunch of stuff up until seeing Don clapping and basically takes the OP down the shitter. Please consider removing it, it is just going to draw the wrong crowd imho.
Calm down it's #tbt

I have a bunch of XBLA compilation discs and the results on getting them to be recognized has been mixed.

Dreamcast Collection - Recognized
Crazy Taxi

Namco Museum Virtual Arcade - Not Recognized

Popcap Arcade Hits Vol. 2 - Recognized
Feeding Frenzy 2
Heavy Weapon

Qubed - Not Recognized
Lumines Live

Xbox Live Arcade Compilation Disc - Recognized
Feeding Frenzy

Xbox Live Arcade Unplugged Vol. 1 - Not recognized
Bejeweled 2
Hardwood Backgammon

I played downloaded and played it last night. Is it possible that you bought it under another Xbox Live account on the same console?

What region are you?

I put in the Namco Museum Virtual Arcade PAL disc in and it installed Pac-Man CE as well as Ms. Pac-Man, which is not even on the BC list.

That YT vid is genius. I sincerely hope BC takes off with Xbone, so that console makers won't ever again be stupid enough to leave it out of future machines.

Syriel

Nope. You must have a method of payment linked to the website (CC or Paypal) to get any 360 content added to your account via Xbox.com. This includes free items.

You do NOT need a method of payment for free items if you use an Xbox 360 console.

It's always been than way since the switch from MSP to real money XBL credit.

It has been fixed for Xbox One content, but the 360 infrastructure remains the same.

ironcreed

Banned
That YT vid is genius. I sincerely hope BC takes off with Xbone, so that console makers won't ever again be stupid enough to leave it out of future machines.

Yeah, it is pretty nice to be able to access games I bought across the same account on a new system. I mean, I own those games and that is just the way it should be in this day and age.

Syriel

Question on size of emulator and requirements needed on the internal storage. Last night I queued up games and one was Hexic HD. I installed it to my external but to launch it it said I needed at least 4 GB on my internal so I cleared off some games I will just install to my external.

Is this needed for every game or is it a one time thing for the emulator?

Haven't seen that, but also haven't filled up my hard drive to that extent.

AFAIK, the BC programs are the same as native Xbox One games. Each should be standalone and doesn't rely on shared files.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
A lot of the 360 games in Rare replay are broken to me asking for me to "sign in" when I am already signed in on the purchasing account. Is this just server stuff getting ironed out or has anybody been able to play perfect dark since yesterday's update.

A lot of the 360 games in Rare replay are broken to me asking for me to "sign in" when I am already signed in on the purchasing account. Is this just server stuff getting ironed out or has anybody been able to play perfect dark since yesterday's update.
I was having this issue earlier this evening, no amount of restarts or reinstalls worked. Turned off console for a while (just instant on mode, not full off), came back a while later and they started working again.

Honestly, I played through a couple high rounds of Horde, some campaign missions and even online on Gears 3 and haven't had any framerate issues.

I had one little dip in campaign but other than that it ran fine for me.

There's a little input lag though, it's most noticeable on online but I didn't really notice it in Horde and Campaign.

And thats why i was hoping that preview members would get to test this more demanding titles before the general public.

South Park suffers from some heavy stutter during cutscenes that will desync audio and video.
Never understood why they didn't do this. If they wanted to just test the "tech" of BC why didn't put more demanding 360 titles in the Preview catalog a couple months back?

Very puzzling.

Top Bottom