• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One BC |OT| "Fortunately, we have a product for people who don't own a 360"

They fixed the terrible framerates of mass effect so I trust that gears 3, judgement and other games with issues will be looked at in some way.

Chris1

It's already working on BC, I wonder if they are having trouble with rockstar
That's just what they say for titles not already announced, they were all over twitter "Ask Activision" even a week ago in regards to cod, but they must have known it would be BC then.

All they can really say is "It's coming later, we're working onit" and they end up leaking the entire list which they don't seem to be willing to do (though I don't get why they're so secretive behind the games in the first place), or "ask X".

Aggie CMD

BC is really well implemented. Easy to use and great performance. I just started Fallout 3 (working that backlog) and nothing would indicate that it is not running natively.

Syriel

hm ok, I myself can only play from the internal and I had framerate issues in campaign and horde mode single player.

External USB 3.0 drives can give better performance than the internal drive. I run almost everything off my external drive.

Games -> External
Apps -> Internal

Has anyone given condemned a shot?

Just booted it up and it seems to run fine. I loaded a save part of the way through the game and have no clue where I'm going or what half the buttons do, but I beat a few guys down and played with a shotgun for a minute and didn't notice any issues.

I'll try to update the OP list with experiences of games with issues.

External USB 3.0 drives can give better performance than the internal drive. I run almost everything off my external drive.

Games -> External
Apps -> Internal

I have this setup too. Don't think my HDD is anything fancy though, probably a 5400rpm drive with USB 3.0.

I posted this in the other Backwards Compatibility thread, too, but did anybody see this article? Microsoft wants 'Red Dead Redemption' on Xbox One, too (Engadget - based on Mike Ybarra comments)?

I've added this in the OP!

EvB

That's just what they say for titles not already announced, they were all over twitter "Ask Activision" even a week ago in regards to cod, but they must have known it would be BC then.

All they can really say is "It's coming later, we're working onit" and they end up leaking the entire list which they don't seem to be willing to do (though I don't get why they're so secretive behind the games in the first place), or "ask X".

Yes, very true. I'm gonna stand by my guess it's gwg for december

TheKeyPit

Banned
Gears of War 3 definetly runs better for me on the external. I'm at the end fight in the game and on the internal the game lagged when the boss started moving.

Wizz-Art

Very surprised to see that Fallout 3 runs much better on X1 then on 360. Played two hours of Fallout 3 on both consoles and it feels noticeable smoother and looks crisper/sharper on One. Straight up sorcery by these engineers.

Very surprised to see that Fallout 3 runs much better on X1 then on 360. Played two hours of Fallout 3 on both consoles and it feels noticeable smoother and looks crisper/sharper on One. Straight up sorcery by these engineers.
Hearing this makes me wanna play it again!

Chris1

Yes, very true. I'm gonna stand by my guess it's gwg for december

No way RDR becomes free. They know people want it and would buy it again, they don't want to lose money.

It's already been free on PS+ though and there's a rumoured sequel next year (Take Two said there's an unannounced game being released in 2016 and it's about time we see what R* SD is up to) so I do think it will go free eventually, it's just a matter of when not if.

I think the thing with RDR is they'll be waiting until the Xbox One store can sell 360 games because then they can advertise it on the dashboard etc. For that reason I don't think it will be available (or even GWG) until they solve that issue. Yes people can buy them off the web store, but a lot won't know that or won't want to attach CC/Paypal to their account.

I think next months GWG will be Lego Star Wars because the film is out and it's already available for BC, unless they plan to release the next batch on December 1st which I find unlikely, I imagine they'll want the GWG available right as the month rolls over from now on. The second game could be anything though.

Syriel

What region are you?

I put in the Namco Museum Virtual Arcade PAL disc in and it installed Pac-Man CE as well as Ms. Pac-Man, which is not even on the BC list.

Confirming that Namco Museum Virtual Arcade (NTSC) does NOT work in any way for BC.

If I had to guess, it was probably improperly flagged (like Fable III was) on the 12th and Ms. Pac was temporarily available. Fable III has since been disabled (unless you kept your console offline).

Unless you can verify that installing Ms. Pac from the PAL disc still works (remove existing copy from the system, attempt reinstall with disc), this was likely a one time error in your favor.

kingwingin

Question for fallout 3, I have the digital vanilla version but if I get the dlc on disc can I install it and get rid of the disc or will I need it inserted to play?

I'd rather buy the gory edition for cheap but only if I don't need to use the disc

tekumseh

a mass of phermones, hormones and adrenaline just waiting to explode

I completely agree, and that makes me extremely anxious for New Vegas, because while I played F3 for 200+ hours, I barely touched NV...

Yep, having issues with Gears 3 running shitty for me, one moment its running fine other moment it starts to bog the fuck down. Hoping they can look into it as I was really looking forward to playing Horde mode.

Also, I think I saw some people mention stuff but I don't think I have gotten any achievements since the update went live for everyone (I am a preview member).

Has MS said anything on titles that are performing bad/achievements? Besides these two things, I am really happy for the feature as other games I have run great, looking forward to them building out the list. Hope Rockstar gives them the okay for their games as well. Can't wait for Reach and Halo Wars.

Justinh

Also, I think I saw some people mention stuff but I don't think I have gotten any achievements since the update went live for everyone (I am a preview member).

There was an issue with achievement not unlocking for a while. I submitted a problem via the preview program too, but noticed afterwards that there was a notice on the xbox live status page that achievements wouldn't unlock for a while and that it was a known issue and they were working on it. I don't know if they fixed it, but for a while you couldn't even go into "My Achievements" in your profile because it would say you haven't played any games and nothing would be listed.

It's not on the status page anymore, maybe they did fix it...

If there isn't already one out there, I think it would prove highly useful to have an experience rating attached to each official game on the list available. Maybe a three-point scale could be in place for poor, good, great performance with some kind of detail for what/when/how. Accuracy relative to original hardware could have a separate rating, though I realize most people won't have a recent or accurate recollection of what the X360 version runs like.

OK so after a horrendous 3 1/2 hour install me and the wife started condemned and it runs better then the 360 version I remembered currently about three hours in and I'm having a blast no hiccups to report

Side note was thinking about buying perfect dark does anyone have impressions on it? Like how it plays I've played the actual game before on the 64 but I'm having an inch to play it again and then Should I just bite on rare replay instead of paying the ten for pd how does the rare replay fair?

Spent the last hour installing Gears 3 only to boot it up and have it tell me I can't play online because I don't have the DLC. I don't want to wait for more to download :(

Hawk269

Speaking of Fallout 3, were we not suppose to get that when we bought Fallout 4? I bought the Digital Deluxe Edition of Fallout 4, was there suppose to me a email or something with a code for Fallout 3 BC?

Also, did anyone try Supreme Commander 2 as of yet? I loved the game back in the day and just curious how it is running in BC? If it runs good, I will re-buy digital.

.la1n

Spent the last hour installing Gears 3 only to boot it up and have it tell me I can't play online because I don't have the DLC. I don't want to wait for more to download :(

I didn't even have the additional DLC listed for me to download like I did with the original Gears.

Either way it's probably okay to hold off on it, even with it installed to my faster external drive it still runs too choppy to enjoy.

Quikies83

Speaking of Fallout 3, were we not suppose to get that when we bought Fallout 4? I bought the Digital Deluxe Edition of Fallout 4, was there suppose to me a email or something with a code for Fallout 3 BC?

Also, did anyone try Supreme Commander 2 as of yet? I loved the game back in the day and just curious how it is running in BC? If it runs good, I will re-buy digital.
It was sent to me via Xbox live message a few days after I preordered

radjago

What region are you?

I put in the Namco Museum Virtual Arcade PAL disc in and it installed Pac-Man CE as well as Ms. Pac-Man, which is not even on the BC list.
US

Just tried it again and still not working for me.

XBLA Unplugged Vol 1 and Qubed now work.

Are downloads cripplingly slow for anyone else? It's taking about an hour for 500 mb downloads on a 15Mbit TWC connection that would normally take a few minutes. I've been downloading constantly since the morning of the 12th.

Booshka

I know it is just rumored from the banner promo, but I really hope Shadowrun gets BC support soon. That and Dark Souls, need some new players, or some of the old ones that put their 360's away or sold them.

Going through a buddies list I saw Condemned. With only 970 achievements, hmm?

Back when the 360 first launched there was not a strict enforcement on achievement rules. Condemned had 970, Crackdown shipped with 900, and there were many other that had less than 1000.

Top Bottom