• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One BC |OT| "Fortunately, we have a product for people who don't own a 360"

Did rainbow six Vegas really look this bad?? It'd got this dark blurry smudge all over and the textures are worse than original xbox..

At least there's a few dozen people playing lately. Loved this game.

Zeta Oni

Did rainbow six Vegas really look this bad?? It'd got this dark blurry smudge all over and the textures are worse than original xbox..

At least there's a few dozen people playing lately. Loved this game.

Lol Vegas was ugly as hell. Vegas 2 looked alot better, but Vegas was never pretty and it's even worse looking at it now.

Played some last night, had a similar reaction.

Lima

Alright my brothers at EA. Mirror's Edge is the only game I want to play as far as backwards compatibility goes.

I don't have the disc anymore though or I'm too stupid to find it. Checked xbox.com price. $20 lol.

Saw that it was on sale for $3.74 in July. Make that price happen again and I'll buy it.

Going through a buddies list I saw Condemned. With only 970 achievements, hmm?

Yep. It's always been like that. It was a launch title and there was no real system in place. There was no rule that everything had to have 1,000 points at that time. They had planned for DLC that would bring it up to 1,000 but it was never released.

So it would appear the Xbox One BC system doesn't reject games from different regions, as long as the game is supported.

If you are in Europe for instance and wanted to play the Japanese version of Just Cause 2 (for its achievements), then you could do it without any issues.

Hopefully this is not an error and it remains as it is.
IIRC some 360 discs were region-free discs which is why those work. I know all Microsoft published games are on region-free discs. I believe Ubisoft and a couple other publishers usually had region-free discs as well.

Lima

No what he means is that games that were region locked on 360 are region free on Xbox One.

Means I can buy the uncut 360 US version of Stick of Truth and play it on the One.

Yeah, I'm not buying any of these games for 20. Only condemned would even get me to bite and even then I feel it should be 5 to 10 for most. If Microsoft really wants to make money they need to get the process down and the store thing going. Most people won't even know about 360 games now. Needs it's own store link, games list and folder on the dashboard. And Good prices.

So far they are really doing the Sony for these sort of updates. Not good.

At those prices I'm better off buying second hand or.keeping disc versions. I want to have them digitally ms but you ain't helping me switch over.

Played through all of Shadow Complex. Lots and lots of problems.

Heavy dips for long periods down to teens. Had some straight freezing at less than 3FPS for over a second. Input latency also seemed pretty bad. Sometimes textures wouldn't load and would just glitch out. The final cutscene had my characters hair textures glitching out so the entire end of the game was him with purple hair.

Azalean

Banned
Played GoW3 on Xbone for the first time and I did experience some choppiness during some Team DM. But overall not bad. Hopefully they can iron out the kinks by way of updates.

For anybody who can't watch - performance is pretty good in this video. The cut scenes run a bit better on XB1. The gameplay is generally 1-2fps slower than 360.
that video shows X1 drops to 24fps in combat a few times, and for what I have played on later chapters the game drops below 20 in the thick of it and becomes hard to control and aim.

i dont even like racing/rally games but Dirt 3 is really quite fun. looks really good too

oh and Sega if you're reading please get Condemned 2 on BC, looooved the 1st one!

Pretty impressed by the BC so far except Geometry Wars not showing, tried hard resetting :/

Will Xbox One wheels be compatible with Xbox 360 games that supported a wheel?

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
I have a question, the emulation of the 360 games in the xbox one upgrades the resolution of the 360 games?Or is the same?

Resolution always stays the same.
The only things that change are:
VSYNC is always engaged (which benefits some games but worsen others.)
Loading times are improved.
Better streaming of assets.
Performance is a mixed bag with all titles, some are better some are worse.
Thanks.

Human_me

I have a question, the emulation of the 360 games in the xbox one upgrades the resolution of the 360 games?Or is the same?

Resolution always stays the same.
The only things that change are:
VSYNC is always engaged (which benefits some games but worsen others.)
Loading times are improved.
Better streaming of assets.
Performance is a mixed bag with all titles, some are better some are worse.

Ein Bear

Kind of cool how you can still buy DLC in-game, through the old 360 interface. I just bought that 'deleted scene' DLC for Gears 2 from the menu, and it showed right up as 'Ready to Install' on my Bone.

Fess

Just noticed this functionality. Haven't tried any disc games yet but it's all kinds of awesome to be able to download some old XBLA favorites again.

Justinh

IIRC some 360 discs were region-free discs which is why those work. I know all Microsoft published games are on region-free discs. I believe Ubisoft and a couple other publishers usually had region-free discs as well.
The only ones I knew were the Cave games like Dondonpachi. I didn't know Microsoft removed region coding from their 360 published games, that's pretty cool.
Pretty impressed by the BC so far except Geometry Wars not showing, tried hard resetting :/
There's something up with Geometry Wars. Despite being on the list, it doesn't have the +Xbox One Icon in its 360's store listing like the other games do. edit:I'm referring to the icon you see when browsing the store on an Xbox 360 that's under the cover art.

Justinh

This is fuh-reeking awesome.

This thread just reminded me I need to contact MS about my old Wolfenstein copy not being backwards compatible...
Edit: I know this is a license thing with me because I bought it before it was delisted, but this guy isn't having that...making me remove/redownload my account, screenshotting my download history etc...

Hnnnggggghhhhh... MS chat...

Yes, I bought it. No, I'm not using another account. Here is a screenshot of my download history...
hnngggghhhh

"hey let me check something..."
five minutes later, new support guy just pops up. (this is after an HOUR of chat and getting nowhere with the last guy)
Need to restart

hnnngghh

9FGhqtx.jpg
LMAO, no kidding...

Is the Vegas 2 dlc working? I had issues with it on ps3.. This will be the factor deciding whether I buy it.. That fan pack is important.

shiptoncraig

Neo Member
Tried Gears 3 multiplayer earlier and it the input lag was considerable enough for it to feel like I was playing a high latency, budget TV :(

Jombie

I had thought about trading in my ps4 for the xbone for this reason. It pisses me off Sony is too lazy to implement this; the ps4 would have much more value to me.

Ein Bear

I had thought about trading in my ps4 for the xbone for this reason. It pisses me off Sony is too lazy to implement this; the ps4 would have much more value to me.

In Sony's defence, it's not them being 'lazy' - emulating the Cell on a PS4 just isn't possible. Microsoft pulled off an enormous technical achievement getting 360 emulation running, and that system was leagues less batshit than the PS3 was.

Honestly i'd wait a bit first, see how things turn out after a few months of updates and games you want being added to the list.

that video shows X1 drops to 24fps in combat a few times, and for what I have played on later chapters the game drops below 20 in the thick of it and becomes hard to control and aim.

I found that it varies map to map in mp. Gridlock seems to be pretty good. Roadie run + low frame rate is a bad time though.

madmackem

Lazy dont be stupid, it will take a whole lot more work due to cell where as ms is coming from the same sort of base with xbox to xbox one.

sja_626

Non Rare Replay versions of Kameo, Perfect Dark, Perfect Dark Zero, and the Viva Pinata games have just appeared in my "Ready to Install" list for some reason. I don't own them digitally. Anyone else encountered this?

8bit

Knows the Score
Non Rare Replay versions of Kameo, Perfect Dark, Perfect Dark Zero, and the Viva Pinata games have just appeared in my "Ready to Install" list for some reason. I don't own them digitally. Anyone else encountered this?

Do you have Rare Replay? I see both versions and I assume it's just that the Rare Replay ones tick a box saying you've got the games so they appear as assets twice.

sja_626

Do you have Rare Replay? I see both versions and I assume it's just that the Rare Replay ones tick a box saying you've got the games so they appear as assets twice.

Yeah I do. I guess it's something like that although before today I didn't have any duplicates except for Perfect Dark which I actually did own digitally. And the Banjo games and Jetpak don't have duplicates still. Strange.

My friend has the same issue with digital Rare Replay. I have a disc copy and haven't encountered it.

cuilan

This isn't quite true.

While a lot of MS-published 360 games are region free, not all of them are:

Most of the pre-Kinect era Rare games are region locked.
All of the Forza games developed by Turn 10 are region locked (Horizon 1 by Playground Games is region free though).
Too Human and Shadowrun are also region locked.

Just about everything else that MS published on the 360 is region free though, like the entire Gears/Halo/Fable franchises.

All other publishers were about 50/50 in this regard, with the notable exceptions of THQ/2K/Activision which made most-if-not-all of their 360 games region free, and Bethesda which region locked all of their 360 games as far as I know.

Ikaruga seems to have a tiny bit of input lag in multiplayer. I'd have to check on an Xbox 360 to see if this is the case in general, but it's something myself and my friend Shadowhaxor noticed while playing a game together last night.

cuilan

Ikaruga seems to have a tiny bit of input lag in multiplayer. I'd have to check on an Xbox 360 to see if this is the case in general, but it's something myself and my friend Shadowhaxor noticed while playing a game together last night.

Were you playing online or locally? Ikaruga's netcode isn't the best.

nightmare-slain

Gold Member
How do I buy Fallout 3?

I know it was offered as an incentive to pre order the XB1 version of Fallout 4 but I already have it on PC. I don't have my PS3 anymore, my PS4 can't play it, and on PC it needs tweaks to get working. XB1 is the best option.

However, it says on the store website that it's bundle only. Can I really not buy it unless I buy FO4 for XB1??

How do I buy Fallout 3?

I know it was offered as an incentive to pre order the XB1 version of Fallout 4 but I already have it on PC. I don't have my PS3 anymore, my PS4 can't play it, and on PC it needs tweaks to get working. XB1 is the best option.

However, it says on the store website that it's bundle only. Can I really not buy it unless I buy FO4 for XB1??

Crazy Taxi sez 'bundle only' but I could install it using the physical Dreamcast Collection disk I had. The physical disk for Fallout 3 should work.

Top Bottom