• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBOX One controller on PC. Led light, crappy software, firmware updates and other woes.

Soodanim

But does it still require you to be always online and do a profile check?
You could always ask on their Discord as the dev(s?) will answer questions, but my best guess is that it is a more old-school approach where the key is something that works offline.

Personally I've not used it since the trial I had some years back, as I don't need the additional functionality. I've always kept it in mind though, and if I didn't have what I needed from DS4W and SteamInput I'd definitely have spent the money.

I agree it’s crap

Somehow some peoples can edit the light, but I couldn’t.

I found a cmd script that when booting steam it dims the light, but only if plugged 🤦‍♂️

So I have the Xbox buttons on the way for the 8bitdo ultimate as when I bought it, only switch layout had HE analogs, and the support on PC for that is also puzzling sometimes. Soon as Xbox buttons arrive, I think Xbox controllers are done for.
On Xbox, it’s Settings > Accessibility > Night mode > Controller brightness.

You can also adjust the brightness of the lights on the console.

On pc, you’ll need to Google the directions, but if I had to guess, the Xbox controller app might do it. It does it on the elite controller but I’m not sure about the regular one. Steam also has a setting in big picture mode that lets you adjust it, but I have no idea if that actually works or not.

Or, you can install https://www.rewasd.com/

That software would probably fix your problem.

Last edited:
I wanted to see what all this fuss is about. I took my black Xbox One S controller and plugged it into my laptop. It was immediately shown in the xbox accessories app. Firmware updated. I was surprised since I had updated the firmware via the Xbox One S just a few months ago.

The LED is relatively dim and not even remotely in my peripheral vision. Are you holding the controller up to your face? Seriously, how is this bothering you at all? Even in the complete dark I can barely detect it while looking at the screen.

I confirm that the Xbox accessories app does not allow changing the brightness on this particular controller.

Ovek

7Member7
Just take your controller apart and rip the led of the board. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

1ctcv9w.jpeg

Top Bottom