• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Preorder Thread

JaggedSac

VnDE1bf.png

Managed to get the "VG20OFF150" code applied retrospectively to my Xbox One X Scorpio pre-order with Amazon UK, so have £20 off it if I decide to keep it. Makes it £429. If you've pre-ordered with Amazon, it's worth trying your luck with someone on chat.

Is this for all countries?

EmiPrime

VnDE1bf.png

Managed to get the "VG20OFF150" code applied retrospectively to my Xbox One X Scorpio pre-order with Amazon UK, so have £20 off it if I decide to keep it. Makes it £429. If you've pre-ordered with Amazon, it's worth trying your luck with someone on chat.

Lucky, they're refusing to do it for me:

Thank you for staying connected.
I have checked this from my end.
This promotion is valid only for the orders placed after Friday 25 August, 2017.
As this order is placed before that the promotion is not applied.

Me: are you able to do anything for me? I can't cancel it and re-order as it's out of stock
I would really appreciate it
as other people have had success having it retroactively applied to their order
through Amazon chat support

To help you with this I would be able to Issue a promotional credit of £5 to your account.

edit: I haggled them up to £10 off

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Cancelled BB and GS online preorders.

Walked into Microsoft store no money down. $50 CAD for 3 year plan.

? I don't understand this at all.
Edit: Well, I understand the part about cancelling the BB and GS online orders part. The rest.. nope.

Edit: Oh, so, you went into the store, got your XBOX One X pre order in and also got a 3 yr. warranty for only $50. OK.

AmyS

Xbox One X Scorpio Edition officially sold out!

aMnQQs8.png

Glad I pre ordered in-store about 48 hours ago.

Xbox One X should tide me over for the 3-4 years, and that's how long I believe it'll will take for a new generation of consoles & games to be made and be released.

I really hope Sony does not try to 1-up MS too quickly with a PS4 Ultra or whatever in 2018/2019, I'd rather wait longer for a true next-gen PS5 and Microsoft's equivalent. Don't get me wrong, incremental upgrades are fine, as long as that approach is not over-used and I don't think they will be.

Hawk269

My vote is the one with "There is no greater Power than X". Yeah, it may attract the wrong crowd, but it is Xbox related so that will happen regardless.

Colbert

Banned

Xbox One X should tide me over for the 3-4 years, and that's how long I believe it'll will take for a new generation of consoles & games to be made and be released.

I really hope Sony does not try to 1-up MS too quickly with a PS4 Ultra or whatever in 2018/2019, I'd rather wait longer for a true next-gen PS5 and Microsoft's equivalent. Don't get me wrong, incremental upgrades are fine, as long as that approach is not over-used and I don't think they will be.

I personally would have not a problem if anything of the things you described would happen.

The Xbox One X is that what you need now if you want to game and enjoy content in UHD on a console. Even DigitalFoundry is of this opinion. There will always a better console years later but I think with the non-generations model the console has a long life to live.

Jumeira

Banned
I'm thrilled to see this being snapped up only because it should cement the idea that gamers are happy to pay for quality tech, the market for premium is pretty strong and these companies should continue to cater for it.

Hopefully, both PS5 and Next Xbox will push specs as well as sleek form factor. Still amazed they packed that power along with the power brick into a smaller shell then S

rokkerkory

Congrats! I am holding out for some xmas deals!

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Nothing with Phil in the title. That's just tacky. I like "It probably isn't for you."

Klocker

I hope this thing really does sell gang busters. They deserve it. Well designed and everything I see shows this machine as being as good as most "next gen" leaps even with the CPU.
yea yea yea it sucks I know

I know the next, next gen will be a another leap but at a certain point, diminishing returns and all that. I mean even more texture quality and effects at 60fps all the time in 2020 will be welcome. but this machine is checking the exact boxes necessary at the perfect time for the next 3 years of console and 4k tech improvement.

the fact that every game you own for Xbox one and future runs even better on it just makes it an even better value.

I was likely going to cancel my preorder because I don't really need this...
But today I traded in my OG PS4 and XBox 1 phat along with a bunch of games I never played or have multiplat duplicates of.
Now I'm hyped up for this, and my wife isn't as mad about me ordering one. Great success.
As an aside, Gamestop gave me $140 for my jet engine-on life support PS4. Shocked, but pleasantly surprised.

Top Bottom