• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Preorder Thread

So I need some advise.

I am getting an X but as part of the plan I was planning on getting a tv for it too.

I wad planning on getting either a decent HDR set or an OLED depending on what is on sale BF. But yesterday I heard aboit hdmi 2.1 that is about to come out that ads performance to hdr and gaming related stuff since I also use my TV to game on pc.

So should I go all out on an OLED or should I get a cheap/decent HDR set and wait for the next big thing?

Colbert

Banned
So I need some advise.

I am getting an X but as part of the plan I was planning on getting a tv for it too.

I wad planning on getting either a decent HDR set or an OLED depending on what is on sale BF. But yesterday I heard aboit hdmi 2.1 that is about to come out that ads performance to hdr and gaming related stuff since I also use my TV to game on pc.

So should I go all out on an OLED or should I get a cheap/decent HDR set and wait for the next big thing?

LG OLED. B6, C7.

DIJ_gqgWAAA6GCy.jpg:small

gamz

So I need some advise.

As a former HDTV disciple you'll be waiting forever. There's always something to wait on. Buy the OLED and call it a night. Seriously...I still love my 8G Kuro and its, what, 7-8 years old now?

Edit:. Listen to Colbert.

As a former HDTV disciple you'll be waiting forever. There's always something to wait on. Buy the OLED and call it a night. Seriously...I still love my 8G Kuro and its, what, 7-8 years old now?
Longer than that! I got my 9G Kuro (PRO-151FD) in 2008.

At long last, I replaced it with a 65" B7 a couple of weeks back, and I'm giving the Kuro to my kid brother.

gamz

Longer than that! I got my 9G Kuro (PRO-151FD) in 2008, so it's about to celebrate its ninth birthday.

At long last, I replaced it with a 65" B7 a couple of weeks back, and I'm giving the Kuro to my kid brother.

Damn, has it been that long?!? Holy shit! I'm still amazed at the PQ and it still looks modern. So ahead of it's time.

I paid 4500 for it. Never once did I regret it.

JeffG

I went the other way compared to others.

I went with the cheap hdr 4k TV. In real life the TV operates on its own without a comparison sitting right beside it. I picked up a 55" Philips 6921 for $800 Canadian last year. Very happy with it. 4K Display is excellent and it does HDR.

Thank you! I had almost forgotten it. Looks so much fun, is the game getting a 4K upgrade?

Nothing announced, we'll have to see what the X can brute force with it but the game looks great anyway, hopefully ms and Insomniac are sorting it but… who knows

Colbert

Banned
not his pictures, i saw it on Twitter today
Colbert bought that TV online a few weeks ago

Thats true. These is a picture of Xbox employee bragged about it into the direction of some Xbox execs. Picture just came in handy.

I bought my B6 months ago when there was a special offer at MediaMarkt.de. I was able to get that 65" TV for just 2799 Euros with 0% financing. Was a great deal.

Klocker

I tell you a little story. I spent 72 hrs (distributed over 1 month) with a interior architect to find the right color palette for all my living room furniture and accessoires. Those are all designer pieces - we better not talk about money here, you would declare me as completely insane. You may can imagine how important the esthetic of the console is for me!

I like it to have my external Hdds to be protable and reusable for other devices (other Xboxes for example). I also think about to reactivate my Kinect maybe. That leads to a need of more USB 3 ports. I know the is that 8TB Seagate drive that have 2 extra USB3 ports but I the USB hub I selected if just more sexy.

8SsBqkC.png

Are all 3 USB inputs on the Xbox One3.0? Same for X?

I got a 55" B6 and have loved it so far. My only regret is not getting a 65", but that's a huge difference in terms of price.

Got the same TV and love it so far. Now debating whether or not to get the Xbox One X.

Already have a PS4 Pro and since all my friends are playing on PSN I will stick to buying at least MP-focused games for PS4. Only thing I really miss with my Pro is the UHD BD drive.

Leaning towards getting an Xbox One X though to get the most out of my B6... 🤔

I guess I'm getting a 55" B6!!!!

Hopefully something pops up in November, if not I'll still bite.

When are the Black Friday deals leaked usually?

rokkerkory

Got the same TV and love it so far. Now debating whether or not to get the Xbox One X.

Already have a PS4 Pro and since all my friends are playing on PSN I will stick to buying at least MP-focused games for PS4. Only thing I really miss with my Pro is the UHD BD drive.

Leaning towards getting an Xbox One X though to get the most out of my B6... 🤔

you already know the answer to this man

Novak

I can only fit 42” TV in my work room (between wardrobe and balcony door)
What are my options for 4k hdr ... in europe
Smallest OLED i found is 55”

f@luS

More than a member.
So I decided to keep my Xbox one S in the end

Right now I have Xbox one S / ps4 pro on my lg oled 65. Xbox one S was mostly for UHD and gaming for ps4. But I'll play Xbox one X a lot so ....

I wanted to sell my OG ps4 which is in the bedroom I never play it. Was a bluray player on a 1080p LG HDTV. But to the point of not playing I think the Xbox one S is a better bluray player than the OG ps4 or at least similar right ? And in case i buy a cheap 4k for the bedroom in the future I'll be able to read my UHD there ...
Oh and French people know I have canal + subscription and PS4 doesn't have c+ app.... Xbox does so I can watch in bedroom as well (Netflix -like app in France )

So I'm gonna sell my OG ps4. Too bad the white of the S doesn't fit much my bedroom but it's hidden almost anyway

Ordered an elite controller. Selling my ps4 for 150 I guess will make it up for it.

Colbert

Banned
Did they fix the dim HDR update thingy? LG got ultra stulid there.

There is no issue if you don't apply the firmware update. Btw the B6 never got those update afaik (at least mine never got that). The B6 uses a different CPU inside, so firmware updates for this model always are worked on at last and eventually those issues are fixed by the time the B6 gets a new firmware update.

The Argus

Are there any differences between the B7A and last year's B6? I known the B7A and other 7 models use the same display, but offer different cosmetic and Dolby options. But compared to last year's models, what's changed, and is it worth the extra cash?

Colbert

Banned
Are there any differences between the B7A and last year's B6? I known the B7A and other 7 models use the same display, but offer different cosmetic and Dolby options. But compared to last year's models, what's changed, and is it worth the extra cash?

Look into this thread and you will may find your answer: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1323499

You may also want to visit rtings.com for a deeper dive. A lot of info on the different models there.

Ascenion

Gotta say I'm upset now. Snagged the One X, missed the Origins collector's editions since the Xbox One versions are all sold out. Anybody know if Ubi restocks?

Did MS say they'd have pre-orders for the "base" Scorpio SKU? Ended up cancelling my Project Scorpio edition pre-order as I need to use Gamestop trade credit for it. Please help!

gossi

Did MS say they'd have pre-orders for the "base" Scorpio SKU? Ended up cancelling my Project Scorpio edition pre-order as I need to use Gamestop trade credit for it. Please help!

Next month. Cancelling may not be the best idea, the standards may sell out too. Just catch them when they go on sale.

Colbert

Banned

They said they will provide new info about the Standard Edition pre-order in September. Thats all info on the subject we have at the moment.

Next month. Cancelling may not be the best idea, the standards may sell out too. Just catch them when they go on sale.

They said they will provide new info about the Standard Edition pre-order in September. Thats all info on the subject we have at the moment.

Thank you both! I guess I'll keep an eye out then. Didn't have a reasonable way to get the money for my other pre-order. Worst case I'll just try my luck on or around launch

Thoraxes

I started up buying cheap games that are getting upgrades that I haven't played yet.

So far i've bought DOOM and Rise of the Tomb Raider. Will probably also end up with Titanfall 2 and Gears of War 4 by the time Black Friday rolls around too!

Then for new stuff, Sonic Forces and Assassin's Creed Origins are what i'm looking to get to close out the year on that front anyways.

Colbert

Banned
How much am I missing out on if I have a 4k TV that doesn't do HDR?

If you already have a 4K TV keep it. If not look for one that supports HDR. There is that TCL eveybody talks about that you are able to buy for much less money than other TVs with a similar quality and feature set (true 10-bit panels).

My evaluation having 4K/HDR just from watching 4K videos and FH3: Its worth it!

spookyfish

There is no issue if you don't apply the firmware update. Btw the B6 never got those update afaik (at least mine never got that). The B6 uses a different CPU inside, so firmware updates for this model always are worked on at last and eventually those issues are fixed by the time the B6 gets a new firmware update.

The B6 is also brighter because it doesn't have the polarized layer for 3D (E6 owner). Its peak brightness for HDR is pretty good, afaik.

Hawk269

So I need some advise.

There will always be the NEXT big thing. The other thing to consider, the new HDMI 2.1 will also need the other end to have it as well to take advantage, so for your PC that would be a new GPU. The advantages 2.1 will have is being able to send much more data, but if you buy mid-range GPU's (I don't know what you currently have), you are not going to see the advantages of it. You would need a high end card that can push 4k with HDR at a high frame rate to really take of the bandwidth that 2.1 will provide.

tombo85

I keep going back and forth on keeping my preorder. I have a pc with a gtx 1070 and 4670k cpu. Just hoping for some more positive previews to justify getting it.

Hawk269

I keep going back and forth on keeping my preorder. I have a pc with a gtx 1070 and 4670k cpu. Just hoping for some more positive previews to justify getting it.

Might as well hold onto it until it launches and then decide. If you pass on it, I would pass on it on November 7th, this way you don't regret it and if you wanted the Scorpio edition.

Top Bottom